Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,270
Posts346,696
Members2,493
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 120 of 242 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 241 242
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game


Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.


your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -


I guess they were in the game at 1-0 and 2-0... It was close because St. Anthony's hit 3 pipes in the 2nd and played sloppy in the 2nd. But my eye test makes me stupid I guess. 15-6 when the starters were pulled with 5 minutes left. I love how everyone blames coaches also (and I have as well) not saying I am better than all. These coaches have to deal with all this craziness, God bless them. Let theme coach and support them.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game


Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.


your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -


Joke in Syo was JC had the keys to a Turbo Charged Maserati and still couldn't win a state title. The state of affairs today, this team is a broken down Dodge Dart chugging along in the right lane. How can you expect him to "Coach Up" a team if he could never just "Coach" plus sprinkle in some conflict of interest and the season is a disaster. It will get funnier as the season goes into a stretch of real weak Conference A teams and he tries to manipulate certain kids getting points but all the while sacrificing the season because those kids won't help compete vs Pequa,Dalers or PW. The tarp is pulled off the * heap and he can't hide his crap any longer but be careful for what you wish for Syo because who would be crazy enough to take his job. All eyes are on you JC are you just going to continue the manipulation or do the right thing and prove to everyone that you are a principled coach.


Great analysis - totally agree.

The real joke however is that with all the Camp money and Directorship money JC collects, he actually could get himself a Turbocharged Maserati.

The joke is on you Syosset!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line, SA superior team. I actually thought the Syosset coach did a nice job after the disaster of the 1st quarter. But SA was just way more talented. Syosset looks like the 3rd place team in A after Pequa and Dalers. Port may be 3 too.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game


Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.


your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -


Joke in Syo was JC had the keys to a Turbo Charged Maserati and still couldn't win a state title. The state of affairs today, this team is a broken down Dodge Dart chugging along in the right lane. How can you expect him to "Coach Up" a team if he could never just "Coach" plus sprinkle in some conflict of interest and the season is a disaster. It will get funnier as the season goes into a stretch of real weak Conference A teams and he tries to manipulate certain kids getting points but all the while sacrificing the season because those kids won't help compete vs Pequa,Dalers or PW. The tarp is pulled off the * heap and he can't hide his crap any longer but be careful for what you wish for Syo because who would be crazy enough to take his job. All eyes are on you JC are you just going to continue the manipulation or do the right thing and prove to everyone that you are a principled coach.



Dear Syo Dad - there are 13 teams in Nassau A and 12 will not win the county championship but of those twelve I feel Syosset still has as good a chance of beating Massapequa as anyone, If you think that there are kids on the bench that could score better, defend better, face off better or stop the ball better then the kids out there you are entitled to your opinion but if you think that the HC is keeping kids on the bench to the detriment to the teams success I would disagree, if you think some of these kids are over hyped or not ready for varsity I can not argue with you based on the results so far but I if you think the HC is making decisions based on promoting kids I will respectfully disagree. Syosset coaching staff has never coached to win in March and April they coach to prepare the team for May and they have have a track record of being better in May than they are in March. Past teams need to be left in the past, yes Syosset has not won a State title but the '08 team and the '15 team lost to some pretty good teams and have nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of lacrosse still to be played and good luck to your son and all the boys on all the teams .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the Whitman game went last night?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This website is a forum for the cowardly anonymous to make claims (against mainly coaches) about being unprincipled, bad lacrosse tacticians, unfair, bad motivators, political, favoring their own kid if he's on the team, immoral, evil, profiteers, lucky, or any other negative connotation. When any objective observer can see right through the jealousy and/ or lack of objectivity about the skill level of their own kid by many of the "contributors" here. On this site, if people want to prognosticate (most BOTC posters will have to google that) about the level of play of teams or who will go deep in the playoffs or post a synopsis of games, that's fine. But to level unsubstantiated claims against individuals by people hiding behind their keyboard does a disservice to the very sport we love. And to all of the bystanders who read this stuff and have no knowledge of the situations being mentioned, know that the slanderers have an ax to grind and are hardly the innocent victims that they portray.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This website is a forum for the cowardly anonymous to make claims (against mainly coaches) about being unprincipled, bad lacrosse tacticians, unfair, bad motivators, political, favoring their own kid if he's on the team, immoral, evil, profiteers, lucky, or any other negative connotation. When any objective observer can see right through the jealousy and/ or lack of objectivity about the skill level of their own kid by many of the "contributors" here. On this site, if people want to prognosticate (most BOTC posters will have to google that) about the level of play of teams or who will go deep in the playoffs or post a synopsis of games, that's fine. But to level unsubstantiated claims against individuals by people hiding behind their keyboard does a disservice to the very sport we love. And to all of the bystanders who read this stuff and have no knowledge of the situations being mentioned, know that the slanderers have an ax to grind and are hardly the innocent victims that they portray.


Pretty spot on, I'd say

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Mar 2013
T
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
T
Joined: Mar 2013
What happened to people having to register before posting? Wasn't that the direction this was going? Or was that discarded because no one would do it?


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This website is a forum for the cowardly anonymous to make claims (against mainly coaches) about being unprincipled, bad lacrosse tacticians, unfair, bad motivators, political, favoring their own kid if he's on the team, immoral, evil, profiteers, lucky, or any other negative connotation. When any objective observer can see right through the jealousy and/ or lack of objectivity about the skill level of their own kid by many of the "contributors" here. On this site, if people want to prognosticate (most BOTC posters will have to google that) about the level of play of teams or who will go deep in the playoffs or post a synopsis of games, that's fine. But to level unsubstantiated claims against individuals by people hiding behind their keyboard does a disservice to the very sport we love. And to all of the bystanders who read this stuff and have no knowledge of the situations being mentioned, know that the slanderers have an ax to grind and are hardly the innocent victims that they portray.


Pretty spot on, I'd say

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Dec 2015
M
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M
Joined: Dec 2015
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
What happened to people having to register before posting? Wasn't that the direction this was going? Or was that discarded because no one would do it?


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This website is a forum for the cowardly anonymous to make claims (against mainly coaches) about being unprincipled, bad lacrosse tacticians, unfair, bad motivators, political, favoring their own kid if he's on the team, immoral, evil, profiteers, lucky, or any other negative connotation. When any objective observer can see right through the jealousy and/ or lack of objectivity about the skill level of their own kid by many of the "contributors" here. On this site, if people want to prognosticate (most BOTC posters will have to google that) about the level of play of teams or who will go deep in the playoffs or post a synopsis of games, that's fine. But to level unsubstantiated claims against individuals by people hiding behind their keyboard does a disservice to the very sport we love. And to all of the bystanders who read this stuff and have no knowledge of the situations being mentioned, know that the slanderers have an ax to grind and are hardly the innocent victims that they portray.


Pretty spot on, I'd say



would help for sure. I guess the site owners have to weigh post volume vs. post quality.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game


Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.


your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -


15-8 Final.

I guess St. Anthony's cleared their bench a bit early (like 2nd period), and that allowed Syo to make it seem close at the half. Not close in the 2nd 1/2 at all.


I’m no fan of Syosset, but I thought they played great in 2nd quarter. If you think it was never a game or that SA took out the starters you didn’t watch the game. SA just better, they put it together and ran away with it in the 2nd half. Syosset had way too many bad passes and dropped balls. But a lot of physical talent.


So, let me understand...

Syosset played great in the 2nd quarter, but had way too many bad passes and dropped balls, but yet they have a lot of physical talent.

OK - got it! That all makes perfect sense.

Thx!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game


Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.


your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -


15-8 Final.

I guess St. Anthony's cleared their bench a bit early (like 2nd period), and that allowed Syo to make it seem close at the half. Not close in the 2nd 1/2 at all.


I’m no fan of Syosset, but I thought they played great in 2nd quarter. If you think it was never a game or that SA took out the starters you didn’t watch the game. SA just better, they put it together and ran away with it in the 2nd half. Syosset had way too many bad passes and dropped balls. But a lot of physical talent.


So, let me understand...

Syosset played great in the 2nd quarter, but had way too many bad passes and dropped balls, but yet they have a lot of physical talent.

OK - got it! That all makes perfect sense.

Thx!

relax, they were fast kids, but they dropped a lot of passes and threw the ball away. Take a chill pill

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look like Tarzan
Play like Jane d9a

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this straight, if a parent has a problem with the way a coach plays their son in high school its usually because the kid isnt good and the parents have no idea about lacrosse. Really? What if the coach is a person of very low moral character. They are well protected within the district and basically do whatever they want. There are also a number of coaches that are a bit long in the tooth that also fall into the two above catagories.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So let me get this straight, if a parent has a problem with the way a coach plays their son in high school its usually because the kid isnt good and the parents have no idea about lacrosse. Really? What if the coach is a person of very low moral character. They are well protected within the district and basically do whatever they want. There are also a number of coaches that are a bit long in the tooth that also fall into the two above catagories.


There are coaches of low moral character, just like in every other walk of life. But when this is the first place parents go when there kid doesn't play enough that's when we shake our heads. Believe me there are coaches who aren't in love with certain players. But if that kid can really play and help the team win, it would be pretty obvious to all that a coach isn't doing the right thing. And in that case going to the AD or the coach himself would be more beneficial than posting anonymously here. I can also think of some past postings I've seen about wanting and getting and celebrating some coaching changes. Anyone go back and see if those teams are better or worse?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another Northport loss! Long year

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another Northport loss! Long year

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So let me get this straight, if a parent has a problem with the way a coach plays their son in high school its usually because the kid isnt good and the parents have no idea about lacrosse. Really? What if the coach is a person of very low moral character. They are well protected within the district and basically do whatever they want. There are also a number of coaches that are a bit long in the tooth that also fall into the two above catagories.


There are coaches of low moral character, just like in every other walk of life. But when this is the first place parents go when there kid doesn't play enough that's when we shake our heads. Believe me there are coaches who aren't in love with certain players. But if that kid can really play and help the team win, it would be pretty obvious to all that a coach isn't doing the right thing. And in that case going to the AD or the coach himself would be more beneficial than posting anonymously here. I can also think of some past postings I've seen about wanting and getting and celebrating some coaching changes. Anyone go back and see if those teams are better or worse?


I can think of one or two players on our school's team that are maybe the most talented on the team but deserve to have their jerks nailed to the bench because their play is 100% selfish and they take the some of the most dumb [ChillLaxin] penalties at the worst possible times, so your theory doesn't work in these cases!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this site is both a benefit and a distraction. It's like the ole believe half you see and nothing you hear.

ME I would have swore from the game people would have been blasting St Ants and turns out to be the opposite and its a total Syosett S show.

really people

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today may have hurt, we can only hope the next few games, Commack, West Islip, and Sachem East will be different but it doesn't seem the ball bounces our way. We have been in each game and I cant seem to blame this on anyone. Just very competitive games. Just good games with a lot of parity. Today could have went either way, and we got some beneficial calls and no calls, but hats off to all of these teams.

PS stop bringing JV kids up to pad the sideline. Let them enjoy their time on JV. They cant play on varsity anyway, stop the farce. Lots of time left just advance and survive.


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think it was about one player but more about the trashing Northport has been taking on here. The coach has been getting ripped heavily as well as people just stating how bad they are. So they got beat up by Smithtown West pretty badly. That's one game. Give me another game they have played that has been so bad? The are right in the thick of things and I think aside from SW and WM, the landscape is pretty competitive this year so ya never know who is going to end up where. So I think way to early to say they won't make the playoffs. They have a big game today vs. SE and Bayshore on the weekend. Both I think will be very competitive games and can go either way.




[quote=Anonymous]I think the original post reads as if they Nport will make the playoffs, (northport commack West islip are probably #5-7.) are you questioning this? and saying they wont make playoffs? and are you saying this because of one player, one player doesnt make that happen. When will he be back?

Big games tomorrow for teams in A maybe a foreshadow of playoffs:
Quott vs Ward Melville
HHHE v SmithW
WIslip v CMack
Nport v SmithE

Sachem E v BShore
Whit v Hunt


Leading to bigger games Saturday, or games could let division shale out.

Lindy v HHHE
Nport v BShore
SmithE v Rivr




SmithW v Sachem E
WIslip v Hunt
Melville V Whitmn

Todays Predictions
Quott 10-9
SW 14-7
Commack 13-11
Smith East 15-8
Sachem E 11-9
Hunt 14-8















Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Mar 2013
T
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
T
Joined: Mar 2013
Who is this about?



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Today may have hurt, we can only hope the next few games, Commack, West Islip, and Sachem East will be different but it doesn't seem the ball bounces our way. We have been in each game and I cant seem to blame this on anyone. Just very competitive games. Just good games with a lot of parity. Today could have went either way, and we got some beneficial calls and no calls, but hats off to all of these teams.

PS stop bringing JV kids up to pad the sideline. Let them enjoy their time on JV. They cant play on varsity anyway, stop the farce. Lots of time left just advance and survive.


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think it was about one player but more about the trashing Northport has been taking on here. The coach has been getting ripped heavily as well as people just stating how bad they are. So they got beat up by Smithtown West pretty badly. That's one game. Give me another game they have played that has been so bad? The are right in the thick of things and I think aside from SW and WM, the landscape is pretty competitive this year so ya never know who is going to end up where. So I think way to early to say they won't make the playoffs. They have a big game today vs. SE and Bayshore on the weekend. Both I think will be very competitive games and can go either way.




[quote=Anonymous]I think the original post reads as if they Nport will make the playoffs, (northport commack West islip are probably #5-7.) are you questioning this? and saying they wont make playoffs? and are you saying this because of one player, one player doesnt make that happen. When will he be back?

Big games tomorrow for teams in A maybe a foreshadow of playoffs:
Quott vs Ward Melville
HHHE v SmithW
WIslip v CMack
Nport v SmithE

Sachem E v BShore
Whit v Hunt


Leading to bigger games Saturday, or games could let division shale out.

Lindy v HHHE
Nport v BShore
SmithE v Rivr




SmithW v Sachem E
WIslip v Hunt
Melville V Whitmn

Todays Predictions
Quott 10-9
SW 14-7
Commack 13-11
Smith East 15-8
Sachem E 11-9
Hunt 14-8
















Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So let me get this straight, if a parent has a problem with the way a coach plays their son in high school its usually because the kid isnt good and the parents have no idea about lacrosse. Really? What if the coach is a person of very low moral character. They are well protected within the district and basically do whatever they want. There are also a number of coaches that are a bit long in the tooth that also fall into the two above catagories.


There are coaches of low moral character, just like in every other walk of life. But when this is the first place parents go when there kid doesn't play enough that's when we shake our heads. Believe me there are coaches who aren't in love with certain players. But if that kid can really play and help the team win, it would be pretty obvious to all that a coach isn't doing the right thing. And in that case going to the AD or the coach himself would be more beneficial than posting anonymously here. I can also think of some past postings I've seen about wanting and getting and celebrating some coaching changes. Anyone go back and see if those teams are better or worse?


I can think of one or two players on our school's team that are maybe the most talented on the team but deserve to have their jerks nailed to the bench because their play is 100% selfish and they take the some of the most dumb [ChillLaxin] penalties at the worst possible times, so your theory doesn't work in these cases!


Sounds like just about any school. What school are you referring to specifically?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa looked real good yesterday, very deep on the Defensive side.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A great game and a heartbreaking loss. Feel real bad for the players especially the seniors who have been leaving it all on the field. Another game that had them in position to win with less than a minute to play and another chance for the coach not to provide a viable play.



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A great game and a heartbreaking loss. Feel real bad for the players especially the seniors who have been leaving it all on the field. Another game that had them in position to win with less than a minute to play and another chance for the coach not to provide a viable play.



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year



What nonsense, team wins the kids did it, team loses, bad coaching! The reason they lost is bad parents. The kids and the team are fine, it’s YOU!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Mar 2013
T
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
T
Joined: Mar 2013
I've been coming on here for a long time since my son started playing travel ball back in 4th grade. And I have to say, this will be my last time on and my last post. It's one thing if a player is posting but the back and forth from the parents is kind of pathetic and ridiculous, and I am sure at one time or another I was just as guilty. If your kid's team loses there is always someone to blame be it a player or coach. This goes on with all the team's not just one. I rarely see credit being given for a win to the wining team. Even if it is, it always seems to be backhanded and slighted.

My son is on the Northport team and yup, they are having a tough season. In reading the banter between these two posts it made me realize how any derogatory or negative remarks on here is doing nothing but hurting our kids. They read this stuff or hear it from their parents and especially in tough times, they need to focus more on banding together to try and right their ship than looking for someone to blame a loss on. I've been just as guilty, maybe not on the site but standing on the sidelines. What we say and do rubs right off on the boys. If they win, fantastic! They lose and let's find someone to demonize. The coach screwed up or a player not be named or sometimes is referred to and they all know who they are is blamed. That is right up their with cyber bullying. So yeah, I agree with the first "Anonymous" post of a heartbreaking loss and feeling bad for the players especially the seniors because after this, many will not have the chance to play the sport they love again. And I also agree with the other "Anonymous: poster to a point. Kids and coaches win the game and lose them together. There is never just 1 thing to point to. A ball bounces your way, a call goes your way or a goal is saved or made, you win or lose. As a team, players & coaches. So my point, as this reminded me of how much I used to enjoy and look forward to going to games and just watching my son play, win or lose. So for the little time he has left this year, that is all I plan on doing. No complaints, win or lose. I'll be there on the sidelines rooting for him as well as the rest of his team. Just something to think about because I know I will miss this time when it is all over and many of you will as well. Just go support your kid.


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A great game and a heartbreaking loss. Feel real bad for the players especially the seniors who have been leaving it all on the field. Another game that had them in position to win with less than a minute to play and another chance for the coach not to provide a viable play.



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another Northport loss! Long year



What nonsense, team wins the kids did it, team loses, bad coaching! The reason they lost is bad parents. The kids and the team are fine, it’s YOU!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Sep 2017
C
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Joined: Sep 2017
Big games today in Suffolk

Ward Melville vs HHHE
Commack vs NORTHPORT
West Islip vs Smithtown East
HHHW vs SWR
Kings Park vs West Hampton
East Islip vs ESM
BBP vs West Babylon

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Sep 2017
C
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
C
Joined: Sep 2017
Looks like anonymous posting and replying has been turned off again. This will be a quiet forum once again.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
Big games today in A that have playoff implications.

Smithtown West @ Connetquot - National exposure on the line for Smithtown West, both will probably end up top 5. Will 4/25 mean something
Ward Melville @ Hills East - Trap game or not? Will 4/25 mean something
Smithtown East @ West Islip - WI
Commack @ Northport - Big game for NP
Riverhead @ Whitman - toss up, can Home field play into it
Sachem North @ East - East, played Smithtown West close.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2018
G
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
G
Joined: Apr 2018
Hills East beat Ward Melville 7-6 today

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
Big games today in A that have playoff implications.

Smithtown West @ Connetquot - National exposure on the line for Smithtown West, both will probably end up top 5. Will 4/25 mean something
Ward Melville @ Hills East - Trap game or not? Will 4/25 mean something
Smithtown East @ West Islip - WI
Commack @ Northport - Big game for NP
Riverhead @ Whitman - toss up, can Home field play into it
Sachem North @ East - East, played Smithtown West close.


Big Win for Northport
Smithtown West pulls out another one
Hills is very good, but felt like a trap game for Patriots
Riverhead (guess home field meant nothing, but that is a hike of a bus trip), should get elusive 8
Sachem North nice win, big game next week schedule progressively gets tougher

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
not sure with only 6 team getting to the playoff if this means much for playoffs , but good games

Sayville vs East Islip -

King Park vs Mt Sinai - Can this game turn Div II sideways

Harborfield vs Bayport BP - Two very similar teams

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
Friday games of consequence
Huntington vs Smithtown West
Smithtown East vs Lindy - can football parley to lacrosse
Riverhead vs Connetquot - very interesting game

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
Taking a quick look at the schedule today and looking at Sect XI web site I guess today should iron out a few things. What is unfortunate about today is the schools having to play on such a bad day not giving a full read on to the teams. Both teams will play in the same elements but you like weather to not be a factor.

Seems as if the CHSAA has decided to postpone the game till it is better. Be that as it may, I am curious to why HHE is not ranked higher than Melvile. Why give Melville more power points? Is that because a win against North Babylon actually negates the loss for Melville.

But then the West Ilsip and Smithtown East ranking goes against that West Islip beat Smithtown and only lost to 2 teams in the top 4? Smithtown lost to 2 top teams and West Islip. What gives?

Will today really sort it all out. I dont think it will.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
This has probably been talked about before but does anyone know why the Suffolk championships were taken out of Stony Brook and "given" to Islip. "Neutral" site? Do they have the capacity? Why not St Joe's if you wanted to change venue?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Jan 2018
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Jan 2018
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
This has probably been talked about before but does anyone know why the Suffolk championships were taken out of Stony Brook and "given" to Islip. "Neutral" site? Do they have the capacity? Why not St Joe's if you wanted to change venue?


That's a good question and how big is the Islip facility...Having it at St Joe's could also help give the program more exposurem

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Sep 2011
2
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2
Joined: Sep 2011
Did we move or were we made to move? Did Stony Brook make it impossible to continue there?

Originally Posted by LaxrFanatic
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
This has probably been talked about before but does anyone know why the Suffolk championships were taken out of Stony Brook and "given" to Islip. "Neutral" site? Do they have the capacity? Why not St Joe's if you wanted to change venue?


That's a good question and how big is the Islip facility...Having it at St Joe's could also help give the program more exposurem

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Aug 2017
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Aug 2017
Originally Posted by 2ndsportLAX
Did we move or were we made to move? Did Stony Brook make it impossible to continue there?

Originally Posted by LaxrFanatic
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
This has probably been talked about before but does anyone know why the Suffolk championships were taken out of Stony Brook and "given" to Islip. "Neutral" site? Do they have the capacity? Why not St Joe's if you wanted to change venue?


That's a good question and how big is the Islip facility...Having it at St Joe's could also help give the program more exposurem



Not sure but maybe they were forced to move due to the SB Women's team success...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
Originally Posted by Laxers412
Originally Posted by 2ndsportLAX
Did we move or were we made to move? Did Stony Brook make it impossible to continue there?

Originally Posted by LaxrFanatic
Originally Posted by Bridge the Gap
This has probably been talked about before but does anyone know why the Suffolk championships were taken out of Stony Brook and "given" to Islip. "Neutral" site? Do they have the capacity? Why not St Joe's if you wanted to change venue?


That's a good question and how big is the Islip facility...Having it at St Joe's could also help give the program more exposurem



Not sure but maybe they were forced to move due to the SB Women's team success...


That thought had occurred to me, but this had to be planned well in advance of that, no?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
It's a great day for some spring lacrosse.

A two really good games Islip vs SWR today and of course the rescheduled St Anthony's Chaminade game.

not sure what the St Anthony's Chaminade game means. National rankings? With West losing, the loser should fall below the Patriots and Hills East, will West fall off do to the point differential.

A look at who is looking at the last few seeds in A with Whitman and Lindy. Whitman needs 4 more wins, this is a must win not sure how this season is going to shake out with the snow delays and a tough last 3 of 4. Is today a must win for Lindy, not, doesn't have to panic with Huntington and PatMed ending their season, but then will power points (or lack there of) may come to play.

Who is in the small school D this year, doe sit exist?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Apr 2012
B
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
B
Joined: Apr 2012
4-4 minute to half
Chaminade time out

Like Reply Quote
Page 120 of 242 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 241 242
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4