BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 96 of 214 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SA played LBeach, double digit win.
CSH game cancelled at last minute due to weather.
Lost one preseason game v MD team in DC
Won one preseason game v NC team in DC

When was the last time SA lost a game by 10?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also won by double digits. Did you forget that?
Had a bad game, then had a good game.

What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This comment is absolutely unacceptable! Identifying high school-aged players on a social media sight should not be tolerated by any mediator. The person who wrote this response anonymously should be banned from further posting. No high school player deserves to be dragged into adult bantering over girls' lacrosse and their father does not deserve to be called out on social media for his behavior at his daughters' games. If you feel his actions warrant addressing, do so personally. If you aren't brave enough, ask the coach or referee to do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, inappropriate comment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA beat LB 11-6, not double digits . LB goalie was amazing to keep the score close.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a defensive middie who makes a lot of great plays. Stick checks, ground balls, interceptions. Not a lot of goal scoring. That's ok. She knows that she is working hard doing her job and getting the ball to the attack. Wish Newsday would report on things besides goals.

^this. And if not report, at least acknowledge the great effort. That should start with the coach though, and IME, coaches might praise those kids in a practice or huddle but they are rarely the talking point when it's time for PR. It's a shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This comment is absolutely unacceptable! Identifying high school-aged players on a social media sight should not be tolerated by any mediator. The person who wrote this response anonymously should be banned from further posting. No high school player deserves to be dragged into adult bantering over girls' lacrosse and their father does not deserve to be called out on social media for his behavior at his daughters' games. If you feel his actions warrant addressing, do so personally. If you aren't brave enough, ask the coach or referee to do so.

Use the quote button..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, you are correct, the SA win v LB game was 11-6. the LB goalie was incredible v SA. She is incredible every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping Port beats Manhasset again this year. That was fun last year.

What happened to Port? They looked like a mess yesterday. I am guessing Manhasset could have scored 20 goals if they didnt stop scoring on them. For what its worth, Port should NOT be in the power conference. That game was just hard to watch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use the quote button..

What post are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a defensive middie who makes a lot of great plays. Stick checks, ground balls, interceptions. Not a lot of goal scoring. That's ok. She knows that she is working hard doing her job and getting the ball to the attack. Wish Newsday would report on things besides goals.

^this. And if not report, at least acknowledge the great effort. That should start with the coach though, and IME, coaches might praise those kids in a practice or huddle but they are rarely the talking point when it's time for PR. It's a shame.

Scoring leaders should be abolished in Newsday. Just post wins and losses. It pushes stat padding like crazy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scoring leaders should be abolished in Newsday. Just post wins and losses. It pushes stat padding like crazy

Are there HS's out there running D Middies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If enough coaches got on board with that it would easily happen . All they need to do is just call in the scores and leave it at that . I would think they would probably prefer it as coaches .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
girls h.s. running d middies? please name one. please?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter is a man up goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoping Port beats Manhasset again this year. That was fun last year.

What happened to Port? They looked like a mess yesterday. I am guessing Manhasset could have scored 20 goals if they didnt stop scoring on them. For what its worth, Port should NOT be in the power conference. That game was just hard to watch!

Graduated crucial seniors obviously

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't call In soccer stats, basketball stats, tennis stats, bowling stats... what is up with lax parents? Let it go, that's life. Teach your children what you believe is right. Stats will always be part of sports. I guess we should do away with Joe D's 56 game hitting streak or Babe Ruth's 60 homers, maybe we should throw away all of our Olympic athletes Personal achievements. Who cares who actually finishes first in this years NYC marathon, lets just post who finished in alphabetical order. And forget the PGA tour, let's just all have fun out there. Are you people kidding me!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
be reasonable. in girls lacrosse the defenders are statues who day dream and hold their stick up while offense runs by and shoots. no checking etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they meant that their daughter is a more defensive minded middie . At least that's how I took it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they meant that their daughter is a more defensive minded middie . At least that's how I took it.
there are middies that can easily transition into a defensive role

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use the quote button..

What post are you referring to?

The comment above is referring to the posts about Riverhead and Westhampton players. Some of the comments posted on this site, clearly identify specific players and in some cases their parents. The players are high school aged girls who are 15 and 16 years old. They are highly inappropriate and cross the line of right and wrong. Back of the Cage needs to step up and moderate what is posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
be reasonable. in girls lacrosse the defenders are statues who day dream and hold their stick up while offense runs by and shoots. no checking etc.

Wow! And offense only, wins games. Lacrosse isn't a team sport. Defenders are irrelevant in girls' lacrosse. How sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! And offense only, wins games. Lacrosse isn't a team sport. Defenders are irrelevant in girls' lacrosse. How sad!

Clearly that poster is ignorant and did not see the ESM game today. Defense wins games!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't call In soccer stats, basketball stats, tennis stats, bowling stats... what is up with lax parents? Let it go, that's life. Teach your children what you believe is right. Stats will always be part of sports. I guess we should do away with Joe D's 56 game hitting streak or Babe Ruth's 60 homers, maybe we should throw away all of our Olympic athletes Personal achievements. Who cares who actually finishes first in this years NYC marathon, lets just post who finished in alphabetical order. And forget the PGA tour, let's just all have fun out there. Are you people kidding me!!!!!!!!!

There should be stats most definitely but also include ground balls and draw controls...fair?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There should be stats most definitely but also include ground balls and draw controls...fair?

More than fair and should be implemented immediately. This one decision would eliminate a great amount of problems with the adults in girls’ high school lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you are correct!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you are correct!!!

Clearly that poster is ignorant and did not see the ESM game today. Defense wins games!

Esp. When 2 good teams play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is a stat they don’t report in HS. The number of shots taken. That’s great Susie scored 4 goals today. That looks real impressive in Newsday against the last ranked team in the division. But I was at that game and Susie shot the ball 18 times and forced into the defense and lost the ball over and over from dropped balls and charge calls. Worst game I have ever seen played, but it shows the same as Katie’s game in Newsday. Katie had her 4 goals against Mount Sinai on 4 for 4 shooting including the OT game winner, best game I have ever seen any girl play, ever. And that is why the stats are a joke. HS ball is irrelevant, HS stats are skewed and college coaches pay no attention. Travel teams are where all the girls get seen and recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than fair and should be implemented immediately. This one decision would eliminate a great amount of problems with the adults in girls’ high school lacrosse.

SHA last year included in one of their post game Newsday write-ups, the number of Caused TurnOvers one of their defenders had in the game. Clearly the CTOs made a difference in the game because it gave possession back to SHA so that they could score. The SHA coach recognized the impact on the game of this player and took the time to give credit to the player in the write up. Kudos to that coach! More should do it. The stat book has a place for CTOs along with ground balls and draw controls, crucial stats in a game.
The info is there, but the coaches don’t get paid to write quality articles in 15 minutes after a game, it’s easier just to give the easy stats: goals, assists and saves. It’s life, get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the poor kid or team manager will have some nut jobs calling out names to attribute stats. “Did you get that?” Susie smith caused that turnover etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the poor kid or team manager will have some nut jobs calling out names to attribute stats. “Did you get that?” Susie smith caused that turnover etc.

Any difference than Shannon's parents calling that out for an asst?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not at all. both are terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of you simply don't get it. Scoring goals is a good thing but it is not the only thing.

GB's, CT, Saves, assists, DC, etc... Are all just as important.

Turnovers , poor decision, selfish play, lack of hustle, lack of communication , missed slides, being out of position, getting in the way of teammates etc... All have a negative impact on the team but many parents don't see any of it (bad coaches miss it too).

Since most HS teams are extremely weak and have very few strong athletes it is easy for girls to pad their stats if the coach allows it.

As another person pointed out, Girls HS Lacrosse is meaningless and irrelevant. That is until you get to the county finals or at least the final four. And it is rare that the teams with selfish stat padding players will make it that far.

Two truths: Defense wins championships and selfish players will always hurt their team.

Very sad but the meaning of "One more" has changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad scene at a JV game this week (was going to say funny, but it really wasn't):

Opposing team dad who apparently didn't know any of his daughter's teammate's names, but was quick to yell "pass" when one of them picked up the ball. He was "cheering" her on with little tidbits as he played with younger siblings on the side - "get the draw," "hustle," "get in there," "you gotta want it," etc. Got tired of hearing her name. She finally got possession near midfield and it was "go, go, go" until she forced her way in and scored. Then it was "yeah, do that every time." At halftime he walked around to the other side and was talking to her through the fence while the rest of the team was huddled together.

I guess I should know better by now, but it baffles me how clueless parents can be - not only about the game, but how their actions can negatively impact their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that think HS Lax and Newsday stats don't matter, go look at every big time LI recruits college bio. Everyone lists their HS point total, their all conference awards as well as the BS for pay all star teams they signed up for i mean tried out for in HS.

Every kid also puts those stats on their recruiting resume. So it does kind of matter in the self promotion aspect of recruiting.

I agree no one says their shooting percentage was 200 or that they had 100 turnovers in running up their stats. Just look at the SB all time goal leader. Probably 50% of her goals were college stat padding n blowout games against weak competition just like HS girls do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that think HS Lax and Newsday stats don't matter, go look at every big time LI recruits college bio. Everyone lists their HS point total, their all conference awards as well as the BS for pay all star teams they signed up for i mean tried out for in HS.

Every kid also puts those stats on their recruiting resume. So it does kind of matter in the self promotion aspect of recruiting.

I agree no one says their shooting percentage was 200 or that they had 100 turnovers in running up their stats. Just look at the SB all time goal leader. Probably 50% of her goals were college stat padding n blowout games against weak competition just like HS girls do

All of those players were recruited on the club circuit playing against the best competition in the country. Putting your stats in your Bio is also meaningless and doesn't matter in any way. What BS teams are you talking about?

The top kids do not even have a "recruiting resume". The top kids do their self promotion on the field competing against the best competition. No letters have to be sent, no resumes no phone calls. The college coaches from the best college programs go and watch the top club teams play and then they call the players that they like. News flash.... the top 10 - 15 programs go after and make offers to many of the same players. Those are the top kids and their HS stats have nothing to do with it.

How has Stony Brook's stat padding worked out for them? They are the most over hyped team in the history of the game, Their fans talk as if they are Northwestern or Maryland. They have not made it past the final 8. Maybe this year but up until now they have under achieved in the tournament.

BTW... SBU Coach (and he is a very good coach) allows stat padding but those players are not selfish big difference.

They are nothing like HS girls. Running to the goal and running past 3 or 4 un-athletic girls when the ball should be passed is selfish and ugly. Have you watched SBU play? They make the pass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of those players were recruited on the club circuit playing against the best competition in the country. Putting your stats in your Bio is also meaningless and doesn't matter in any way. What BS teams are you talking about?

The top kids do not even have a "recruiting resume". The top kids do their self promotion on the field competing against the best competition. No letters have to be sent, no resumes no phone calls. The college coaches from the best college programs go and watch the top club teams play and then they call the players that they like. News flash.... the top 10 - 15 programs go after and make offers to many of the same players. Those are the top kids and their HS stats have nothing to do with it.

How has Stony Brook's stat padding worked out for them? They are the most over hyped team in the history of the game, Their fans talk as if they are Northwestern or Maryland. They have not made it past the final 8. Maybe this year but up until now they have under achieved in the tournament.

BTW... SBU Coach (and he is a very good coach) allows stat padding but those players are not selfish big difference.

They are nothing like HS girls. Running to the goal and running past 3 or 4 un-athletic girls when the ball should be passed is selfish and ugly. Have you watched SBU play? They make the pass.

I agree the best of the best don't need anything but their play on the field but what about the bottom 85% of kids? They all send the resumes with their stats, playing resume and contact info. As for SB I agree they are fiercely talented offensively and they DO make the pass but they also keep going to go to goal when they are up by 20!!!! Thsts the problem and you are right their coach loves that his players make national news with their bloated stats (a true YJ LOL)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows that Newsday stats are a non factor, including HS and College Coaches. Just look at the nassau stats only one girl in the top 30 plays in the "super conference" where defense is actually played,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree the best of the best don't need anything but their play on the field but what about the bottom 85% of kids? They all send the resumes with their stats, playing resume and contact info. As for SB I agree they are fiercely talented offensively and they DO make the pass but they also keep going to go to goal when they are up by 20!!!! Thsts the problem and you are right their coach loves that his players make national news with their bloated stats (a true YJ LOL)

SBU runs their offense which generates good looks (shots) at the goal. They also push the ball in transition which also results in good looks (lay ups). They do not "run to goal" in a selfish manner. If they start doing that they will have an early exit from the tournament.

The sad thing is that the selfish players and their parents are oblivious, they do not see when the selfish play results in a playoff loss. Coaches who can't control it will be watching the county championship from the stands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats are like Bikinis, they show somethings but not everything

Like Reply Quote
Page 96 of 214 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 213 214
Quick Reply