BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 94 of 327 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not much difference in the cost with what TG or YJ charge. It is just the way each presents it. TG is one lump fee divided into 3 installments. YJ break it into two fees, membership and tournament. For 2019, TG has 5 tourneys and YJ has 6. For this age group TG will pay 1300 and YJ 1200, not including hotel and travel. I am sure the number of tournaments vary for different years but is almost the same. If CR is ripping off her players than so is TG. Profit is what makes people successful. If you don't like it than don't participate.

YJ 2019 will play in two or three (depending on the team) bogus one day tournaments that are better suited for town teams and are significantly cheaper in terms of entry fees(Babylon Lax Blast, Mitchell field & Lax Clash CT), two of which are run by CR & Tracy - so lets think a little before we hit the send button. 2020 & 2021 will have five tourneys, three of them would also be the one's mentioned above, again two of them run by CR & Tracy. Great bang for your buck!

Please keep up the comparison in bang for your buck.

Nice that you have to get some parent coach who has no idea what he is doing running indoor practices for this age group because TG offers nothing. Well at least during the season you have some college kid who has no background in coaching instructing your kids when he is not too hung over to make it.Anytime you want to compare coaches let us know.Keep playing in indoor winter league at your age group against town teams while YJ consistently plays up in age to challenge themselves.

YJ continuously puts their B,C,D teams against older teams...not to challenge them, but because they can't have them losing to the local competition in the same age group...bad for business...Wake up all you non "real" blue players/parents!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yj does not hide mount sinai have girls that play yj but we are a town team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually yellow jackets do
Not play winter league in case they lose. They are more worried about that. They probably won't lose but are fearful if they do. Just play and get some lax time in with teammates Real truth is yellow jackets are playing under town team name. Even have yellow jacket coaches. Hiding under town team name. Mt Sinai and miller place I think. We all figured this out.

You are really uninformed or just stupid.YJ teams play in many different leagues depending on age. When you play a Mt.Sinai team it may have several YJ players on it but in no way is it a YJ team.Too funny that your TG 2019 black team has lost to a Mt. Sinai 2019 team, that is embarrassing .Yes you were missing your superstar which goes to show how much your team depends on one player and everyone on that team knows it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not much difference in the cost with what TG or YJ charge. It is just the way each presents it. TG is one lump fee divided into 3 installments. YJ break it into two fees, membership and tournament. For 2019, TG has 5 tourneys and YJ has 6. For this age group TG will pay 1300 and YJ 1200, not including hotel and travel. I am sure the number of tournaments vary for different years but is almost the same. If CR is ripping off her players than so is TG. Profit is what makes people successful. If you don't like it than don't participate.

YJ 2019 will play in two or three (depending on the team) bogus one day tournaments that are better suited for town teams and are significantly cheaper in terms of entry fees(Babylon Lax Blast, Mitchell field & Lax Clash CT), two of which are run by CR & Tracy - so lets think a little before we hit the send button. 2020 & 2021 will have five tourneys, three of them would also be the one's mentioned above, again two of them run by CR & Tracy. Great bang for your buck!

"As a freshman he played at Suffolk Community College where he was a major threat for them on offense. He then transferred to Tampa where he is looking to make a huge impact at the new Division II lacrosse program of Tampa. ----- graduated from West Babylon High School in 2010. He left making a stamp on the West Babylon program"
WOW that is definately great bang for your buck as a head coach of young girls.major threat ,too funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice that you have to get some parent coach who has no idea what he is doing running indoor practices for this age group because TG offers nothing. Well at least during the season you have some college kid who has no background in coaching instructing your kids when he is not too hung over to make it.Anytime you want to compare coaches let us know.Keep playing in indoor winter league at your age group against town teams while YJ consistently plays up in age to challenge themselves.

TG value , poor coaching ,terrible uniforms, virtually zero off season training or tournament options, the main draw to the program has either no time to give or is restricted by NCAA rules so has little involvement, zero significant tournament championships. The good news if Hofstra is the school for you TG is the place for you, also they do have some nice kids and some nice parents.In actuality YJ offers much much more in the off-season than any other club, multiple tournament, stick skills, shooting clinics etc. ,all coached by actual coaches and not some stand in parent. Yes all the extras cost extra but at least you have some options.
More Yellow Jacket self aggrandizing, we're better than you B.S. Truth is you are paying top dollar for mediocre High School coaches to run crappy clinics, and having your second through tenth string teams play against the same teams that you pretentious lax parents comment about. Meanwhile, very quietly, and without the knowledge of you under informed, clueless yellow jacket flunkies, Black Diamond Lacrosse is running clinics with college coaches, and playing games between Manhasset, Garden City, and Sacred Hart. But please, keep spouting out all your infinite lacrosse knowledge. It makes for a good laugh

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a TG parent and do wish there was more training in the winter and options for winter clinics. So I agree with you on that. On another note, having the extra time in the winter is nice since she plays many sports. We do not have to live at Inline or at KK. My daughter is happy and has met nice girls on the team. The sidelines at the tournaments last year and at winter games has been fine. Nice group of people. So if my daughter is happy and the people I am around are nice to hang out with, TG works for us. It may not be for everyone and that is the beauty of living on LI with so many clubs to choose from. The Smith Family are good people and I know many feel that Shannon will not be around much, but so far that truly hasn't been the case even though people not affiliated with TG with say otherwise. You will always have those "pot stirrers". Good luck to all the LI club teams! Wish people could remember what really matters in life will not be found on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG value , poor coaching ,terrible uniforms, virtually zero off season training or tournament options, the main draw to the program has either no time to give or is restricted by NCAA rules so has little involvement, zero significant tournament championships. The good news if Hofstra is the school for you TG is the place for you, also they do have some nice kids and some nice parents.In actuality YJ offers much much more in the off-season than any other club, multiple tournament, stick skills, shooting clinics etc. ,all coached by actual coaches and not some stand in parent. Yes all the extras cost extra but at least you have some options.
More Yellow Jacket self aggrandizing, we're better than you B.S. Truth is you are paying top dollar for mediocre High School coaches to run crappy clinics, and having your second through tenth string teams play against the same teams that you pretentious lax parents comment about. Meanwhile, very quietly, and without the knowledge of you under informed, clueless yellow jacket flunkies, Black Diamond Lacrosse is running clinics with college coaches, and playing games between Manhasset, Garden City, and Sacred Hart. But please, keep spouting out all your infinite lacrosse knowledge. It makes for a good laugh

Actually I saw several liberty players at those crappy clinics you speak of, some as young ay 2021 so I suppose the word is out. It's just too bad those same great coaches don't coach liberty team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai has a great program, but you definitely have been having YJ Blue players that are not from Mt. Sinai playing for you at Inline. These girls are from several other towns- Smithtown, SWR, etc. So you haven't truly been playing as a town team. I don't really care if you have these girls play for your winter indoor team, but then don't come on here and say you are a town team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why the YJ Gold team adds Blue players to their indoor games at Inline? Especially when they have a full bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai has a great program, but you definitely have been having YJ Blue players that are not from Mt. Sinai playing for you at Inline. These girls are from several other towns- Smithtown, SWR, etc. So you haven't truly been playing as a town team. I don't really care if you have these girls play for your winter indoor team, but then don't come on here and say you are a town team.
You forgot to mention the truly obnoxious parents from the Centerecah school district. They should go annoy their own team. Mount Sinai kids lose playing time because of these kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why the YJ Gold team adds Blue players to their indoor games at Inline? Especially when they have a full bench.

Same reason that Locust Valley coach uses two of the YJ 2015 girls (not from LV and not even from Nassau) when she has plenty of players. Why? Because that's what the Queen Bee wants. If you are a YJ coach and your coach HS you better win to make the YJ program look better. Win at all costs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I

Actually I saw several liberty players at those crappy clinics you speak of, some as young ay 2021 so I suppose the word is out. It's just too bad those same great coaches don't coach liberty team!
The word is out on what? Besides Carol who is such a top line coah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The word is out on how great the YJ clinics are. That is why Liberty girls are at them rather than the Black Diamond ones that some poster was raving about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot to mention the truly obnoxious parents from the Centerecah school district. They should go annoy their own team. Mount Sinai kids lose playing time because of these kids.
I think you mean Middle Country and yes, they are annoying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same reason that Locust Valley coach uses two of the YJ 2015 girls (not from LV and not even from Nassau) when she has plenty of players. Why? Because that's what the Queen Bee wants. If you are a YJ coach and your coach HS you better win to make the YJ program look better. Win at all costs.

Seriously are you that pathetic. I guarantee CR has nothing to do with who plays for locust valley or mount Sinai , when you say things like that you just prove how you cannot get past your jealousy l

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They may have some kids playing from outside the district but in no way are they a YJ team as your TG parent is claiming.Again your TG 2019 team should not be playing at the 6th grade age in a town team league, I agree when kids from outside the district are playing you should not call yourselves a town team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your talking about 2021, Fourth graders, I will assume your kid is no older than a sixth grader. I know how excited you must be to have your daughter playing on one of the most prolific and successful girls lacrosse travel programs in the country, and I congratulate your daughter on her success and dedication to the sport we all love.
As for you let me tell you how this really works, there are 2 types of clubs in this small world of ours, ones that make money and care about advancing our daughters to meet there goals, and ones that make money and care only about strengthening there brand name. with that being said, I am sure you saw 4th, 5th,and 6th grade girls, not only from Liberty, but from every club on L.I. at Carol Roses "clinics". she will take money from any person on the planet.
The Back Diamond clinics are geared more towards girls of older ages, as you will soon learn, for the obvious reason. As far as the completely absurd question of how many of the college coaches that coach at the Black Diamond clinics coach for Liberty ( this is what gave you away as a parent of a younger kid ) let me just say that those coaches are far to busy recruiting during the summer to coach at any club team.
In my final comment let me say this about the High School coach vs. college player debate. call me stupid (as I am sure you will) but I would rather have a college aged woman that has a proven record of success in the game on a national level coaching my daughter than some semi successful, regional, small school coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of your assumptions are wrong. Liberty girls there from all ages 2014-2021. So if BD is as great as you say why are the girls at YJ clinics? hmmmm...let me take a guess, no one wants to be around you?

The fact is liberty coaches are...well they are different every year so it's kind of hard to say. Yes, my daughter had a different liberty coach 3 years in a row. A nice college girl who was Non committed and couldn't care less about the team. Your not stupid, actually your very smart. The college coaches are very busy recruiting...yellow jackets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of your assumptions are wrong. Liberty girls there from all ages 2014-2021. So if BD is as great as you say why are the girls at YJ clinics? hmmmm...let me take a guess, no one wants to be around you?

The fact is liberty coaches are...well they are different every year so it's kind of hard to say. Yes, my daughter had a different liberty coach 3 years in a row. A nice college girl who was Non committed and couldn't care less about the team. Your not stupid, actually your very smart. The college coaches are very busy recruiting...yellow jackets!
now your just lying non of what you just said is true. You are a very bitterw nasty person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re referring to the Just 4 Girls camp, I wouldn’t consider that a crappy clinic, it’s just not as good as people think. There are too many kids and not enough instructors. My daughters had fun at them, but didn’t learn anything new, just the same old basic skills. We used to attend them every summer until a few years ago when the guy instructing my younger daughter passed out right in front of her. I don’t know if he was over worked, over medicated, hung over or what, but after that episode we decided to do a different camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not much difference in the cost with what TG or YJ charge. It is just the way each presents it. TG is one lump fee divided into 3 installments. YJ break it into two fees, membership and tournament. For 2019, TG has 5 tourneys and YJ has 6. For this age group TG will pay 1300 and YJ 1200, not including hotel and travel. I am sure the number of tournaments vary for different years but is almost the same. If CR is ripping off her players than so is TG. Profit is what makes people successful. If you don't like it than don't participate.

If you’re referring to the Just 4 Girls camp, I wouldn’t consider that a crappy clinic, it’s just not as good as people think. There are too many kids and not enough instructors. My daughters had fun at them, but didn’t learn anything new, just the same old basic skills. We used to attend them every summer until a few years ago when the guy instructing my younger daughter passed out right in front of her. I don’t know if he was over worked, over medicated, hung over or what, but after that episode we decided to do a different camp.

Which summer camps are recommended? Anybody have good experiences with the camps they attended last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"As a freshman he played at Suffolk Community College where he was a major threat for them on offense. He then transferred to Tampa where he is looking to make a huge impact at the new Division II lacrosse program of Tampa. ----- graduated from West Babylon High School in 2010. He left making a stamp on the West Babylon program"
WOW that is definately great bang for your buck as a head coach of young girls.major threat ,too funny.

LOL,Have not heard from The loyal TG bang for your buck crowd on this one, seems to have left them with no reply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL,Have not heard from The loyal TG bang for your buck crowd on this one, seems to have left them with no reply.

Nobody responded because nobody understands whatever point it is you are trying to make. Are you making fun of the 2019 coaches lax experience? Are you trying to say all the YJ coaches have a much better lax background? And you are responding to a comment about YJ organization pocketing the same money you pay for tournament fees, so your comment are way out of context.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Francis....I will bite.
It appears that a 4yr old program really has your panties in a bunch! Many posts seem to be directed at TG on this thread.....I wonder why....The YJ are the Yankees of girls lacrosse what are you worried about ? ....Best coaches, Most championship wins , Empire, Brand Name, .....I am sure evry YJ coach has a spotless record! If your daughter plays for YJ great if my daughter plays for TG thats great too because it works for the kids. I don't understand all the hate. Go to yor tournaments and TG will go to theirs. We can all choose to not prefer the other programs but try and save it for when the girls are on the field playing each other rather than on this site where it reall means absolutly nothing. In the mean time keep worrying about TG and we will keep watching this tread because it is the best free entertainment around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Resumes for YJ Director:
Coach Carol Rose - Director - Has won one state championship at Northport in all of her years, even though she has had basically her entire team play year round for the YJ's since inception. With that amount of talent all in one school and playing year round. Great job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets are not getting the best athletes anymore. In 6th grade they get the kids whose parents know about the program and it goes from there. The 2017 age bracket is a good example, YJ have some girls from a lax town but none of them are the best athletes. Of course they will be good lacrosse players because thats basically all they do. YJ is happy collecting all their fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

now your just lying non of what you just said is true. You are a very bitterw nasty person.

This is all true but you can choose not to believe it, that is fine with me. Regarding which clinic I am referring to the yj clinics that take place all winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets are not getting the best athletes anymore. In 6th grade they get the kids whose parents know about the program and it goes from there. The 2017 age bracket is a good example, YJ have some girls from a lax town but none of them are the best athletes. Of course they will be good lacrosse players because thats basically all they do. YJ is happy collecting all their fees.

Obviously you have never seen the 2017 blue Yj team play. That team is loaded with talent. Please show me another team from that age group that is half as good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the top teams I think the YJ's have the advantage in 2015 and 2017 and the TG's are better in 2016.
2018 is a toss-up and both of those teams might be better down the road than the older years.
Don't know the younger teams to comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the top teams I think the YJ's have the advantage in 2015 and 2017 and the TG's are better in 2016.
2018 is a toss-up and both of those teams might be better down the road than the older years.
From what I've heard about the younger teams, the 2019 blue coach does not want to play TG because of his strong dislike for SS. A loss to them would be disasterous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Resumes for YJ Director:
Coach Carol Rose - Director - Has won one state championship at Northport in all of her years, even though she has had basically her entire team play year round for the YJ's since inception. With that amount of talent all in one school and playing year round. Great job.
What about the other coaches? It's sad that your ripping a 20 something year old kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I've heard about the younger teams, the 2019 blue coach does not want to play TG because of his strong dislike for SS. A loss to them would be disasterous.

Can anyone shed some light on the big YJ / TG feud.....Why the hate..... Please dont start the whole never won a major tournament or this coach sucks BS. I really want to know why its like the Hatfields and McCoys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you have never seen the 2017 blue Yj team play. That team is loaded with talent. Please show me another team from that age group that is half as good?

I was at National Draw and M&D's 2017 Black team looked quite a bit better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious ,why would you think TG 2016 is better then YJ 2016, the only time they have ever played YJ blew them out, yes it was many years ago.They have both beaten teams the other one has lost to but I think you are off on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could not be more wrong, he personally asked your 2019 coach if they would like to play and TG said no,please feel free to ask your coach.No big deal either way but you have this one backwards, your TG head honcho dislikes the YJ coach enough to refuse any invitation of a scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please name any team in this age group that can compete with this YJ team.You are clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just goes to show how biased you are when those teams actually played YJ beat them fairly easily

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody responded because nobody understands whatever point it is you are trying to make. Are you making fun of the 2019 coaches lax experience? Are you trying to say all the YJ coaches have a much better lax background? And you are responding to a comment about YJ organization pocketing the same money you pay for tournament fees, so your comment are way out of context.

Actually if you could just follow the conversation it was in reply to the person talking about the 2019 age group and discussing bang for your buck which coaching experience certainly is a part of.Try to keep up .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because ALL the camps are fundraisers, nothing more and nothing less, you can go on any website and figure out all the drills yourself, there's no real difference from one camp/clinic to the next. People participate for one of two reasons - it"s either a "thank you" I like playing for you and will donate a few dollars for your time because my kids love the program or if you want to make YJ blue you must go to every camp and clinnic or risk losing your spot in the pecking order to someone who does. It's the age old question "would you rather be feared or loved" and apparently CR is going with feared while Liberty, TG and others are going with loved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just goes to show how biased you are when those teams actually played YJ beat them fairly easily

When and where did they play last year? Never, would be the correct answer. Could have at National Draw but the YJ team couldn't advance out of the sweet 16 while the M&D team lost in the final. It's unfortunate when you get caught in a lie.

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 327 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard