BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 58 of 64 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
I see you are the only one champion this on here. I believe the majority of kids playing are closer to my kids age by 6 months. There may be a few outliers but thats it and everyone seems to be on board. I have not broken any rules, when my son was in REC he played in the 7/8,9/10 and 11/12 age group that he was slated for and now in Club he is playing with his peers in his grade. Nothing has changed for my son in his entire lacrosse life. He has played every other year against older kids in rec and never complained because those were the rules. Now when he joined Club they say he plays in his graduation year as per the rules. We and 1000's of other parents are just following the rules.

It seems to be all in your mind, and blaming parents because you again perceive that there is magically some advantage is not gettin you anywhere. Kids grow size wise at all different times in life and all mature at different levels as well. You can have a big kid who is not mentally tough yet or a pint size kid that will run over that big kid. Again the parents didn't make up these rules, we have been following them through rec and club as they are written

Quit be angry at the parents, and I'm starting to agree with other posters, you must make excuses for your child instead of just letting him play and have fun at a level that fits his skill level.

If Hawks wants to field 15 year olds then so be it, let them win the HOCO league, my child know winning is not everything. Growing in your skill level, learning to compete at a high level always means playing the bigger better teams. He wants to play for high school, maybe college so he is making himself better. Getting beat by a better old team stinks but he learns and moves on does not go home and cry about it.

This makes way too much sense. The essence of all of this is simply "letting go" and accepting the fact that Hawks/Crabs/DC Express/FCA/Koopers-Dukes have a greater probability of winning a lacrosse league that nobody will care about or recall when it comes to applying for college and finding a great fit academically and athleticially ... if your kid is even inclined to continue playing sports past high school. I have know lots of kids that have dropped out of athletics in college entirely because they found a better life direction for themselves. And that is one of the main purposes of getting out of the house, making decisions on their own, and exposing themselves to a world much greater and expansive than the comparatively narrow one they experience in our respective households. If your kid wants to play, there is a college out there that wants them to enroll and participate. NONE OF THEM are asking -- did you win the HOCO league????

I too have had two sons play through the U7/9/11/13 experiences and they were just fine. One has experienced that and also now grade based. He has generally played on teams where he understood that there was no chance of winning a title, but that did not stop his team from trying to win a quarter, a half, a game or compete, compete, compete. I love watching the "big boys" play, and particularly enjoy when my kid goes toe to toe with them. It's just fun, and that's what we talk about in the car ride home after stopping by the nearest Dunkin Donuts! Those "big boys" have prepared my son well for high school and he is looking forward to playing against many of them in the MIAA. What I mostly shake my head about is the constant undertow of parents living lives through their kids and trying to steer them to the "perfect solution". There is no such thing as perfect. Keep going "big boys" and good luck in high school to all the great 8th grade lax players that we will watch this year -- even on teams that may be short on wins.

If this is the case,, why the need to for grade base to accommodate a supposed few holdbacks?? Why create a system in youth sports for a select few to get an advantage. You make a strong case to have a simple age based league

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 2 weeks it's

Hawks
Madlax
Koopers
DCE
Crabs
RR
FCA
API

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Don't see many or any other people coming on here to support your side. You have allowed this to consume you.

You ask, " why do you think your child should get special privilege"
" why is your kid special" " it does not give you special rights". These are all your quotes. I never asked for special privilege. Majority parents did pre k for academic, not knowing what would take place on whatever sport their kid might play in the years to come or what does would be in place in 10 years. I have never complained about age in rec when I thought it was odd that every other year he played against his 8- 15 months older because plenty did pre k. I just going by the league and the rules. Now you could make an argument if they repeat 7th or 8th grade to gain advantage. That is parents choice so maybe high school should say you lose eligibility if you are 19 in senior year which some do.

Like Majority of adults understand, kids develope physically and mentally at different ages. Kids 7months older but not through puberty, kids 7 months younger but have the mental toughness already are spread throughout this sport. You sound like my son did when he was just 7 and started playing and thought he could not compete because that kid is 8 months older and a grade ahead. I sat him down and explained how life works, I kept saying it's only a number and it's how you train and what's in your heart.

Keep making excuses and assuming all the kids are 15 months older,
Like I and others have said you have choices. You can find appropriate skill level for your kid but you would rather come on here and complain. Ok I have given you enough voice, I am guilty of letting you survive on here. I send others should not respond and you , I will say it again, should go talk to governing bodies and sign up to try to make a difference if you feel so passionate.

Looking forward to this week's battles in 2022 Elite division. Hope to see some upsets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 2 weeks it's

Hawks
Madlax
Koopers
DCE
Crabs
RR
FCA
API

Hawks
Madlax
Koopers
DCE
Crabs
RR
FCA
API

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 2 weeks it's

Hawks
Madlax
Koopers
DCE
Crabs
RR
FCA
API

91 is not even noteworthy?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't see many or any other people coming on here to support your side. You have allowed this to consume you.

" why is your kid special" " it does not give you special rights". These are all your quotes. I never asked for special privilege. Majority parents did pre k for academic, not knowing what would take place on whatever sport their kid might play in the years to come or what does would be in place in 10 years. I have never complained about age in rec when I thought it was odd that every other year he played against his 8- 15 months older because plenty did pre k. I just going by the league and the rules. Now you could make an argument if they repeat 7th or 8th grade to gain advantage. That is parents choice so maybe high school should say you lose eligibility if you are 19 in senior year which some do.

Like Majority of adults understand, kids develope physically and mentally at different ages. Kids 7months older but not through puberty, kids 7 months younger but have the mental toughness already are spread throughout this sport. You sound like my son did when he was just 7 and started playing and thought he could not compete because that kid is 8 months older and a grade ahead. I sat him down and explained how life works, I kept saying it's only a number and it's how you train and what's in your heart.

Like I and others have said you have choices. You can find appropriate skill level for your kid but you would rather come on here and complain. Ok I have given you enough voice, I am guilty of letting you survive on here. I send others should not respond and you , I will say it again, should go talk to governing bodies and sign up to try to make a difference if you feel so passionate.

Looking forward to this week's battles in 2022 Elite division. Hope to see some upsets.

The only teams that will be upset this week will be the team of parent/coaches constantly crying about holdbacks on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see you are the only one champion this on here. I believe the majority of kids playing are closer to my kids age by 6 months. There may be a few outliers but thats it and everyone seems to be on board. I have not broken any rules, when my son was in REC he played in the 7/8,9/10 and 11/12 age group that he was slated for and now in Club he is playing with his peers in his grade. Nothing has changed for my son in his entire lacrosse life. He has played every other year against older kids in rec and never complained because those were the rules. Now when he joined Club they say he plays in his graduation year as per the rules. We and 1000's of other parents are just following the rules.

It seems to be all in your mind, and blaming parents because you again perceive that there is magically some advantage is not gettin you anywhere. Kids grow size wise at all different times in life and all mature at different levels as well. You can have a big kid who is not mentally tough yet or a pint size kid that will run over that big kid. Again the parents didn't make up these rules, we have been following them through rec and club as they are written

Quit be angry at the parents, and I'm starting to agree with other posters, you must make excuses for your child instead of just letting him play and have fun at a level that fits his skill level.

If Hawks wants to field 15 year olds then so be it, let them win the HOCO league, my child know winning is not everything. Growing in your skill level, learning to compete at a high level always means playing the bigger better teams. He wants to play for high school, maybe college so he is making himself better. Getting beat by a better old team stinks but he learns and moves on does not go home and cry about it.

If you think he's the only one disgusted by holdbacks and your stupid excuses you haven't been paying attention

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's hardly alone, it's just that he's been destroying you so we haven't felt the need to jump in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the top teams in the elite division with dads that coach most have kids of their own that are holdbacks. They know the game better then most and how to cheat the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the top teams in the elite division with dads that coach most have kids of their own that are holdbacks. They know the game better then most and how to cheat the system.

Which teams have Dad coaches that have hold-back players this year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 2 weeks it's

Hawks
Madlax
Koopers
DCE
Crabs
RR
FCA
API

You left out 91MD. Where does the best attack in the region belong?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
looks like Hawks is clear leader, looking forward to trying to knock them off
Madlax - there is a team that size wise looks like they could not compete but they dont let that bother them - they are legit.
Koopers- who knows sbut should be good with blended talent from Dukes
DCE CRABS RR all tough and looking to separate from middle to the top in the next few weeks
FCA- always slow starters- wait until summer tournaments
API ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax - there is a team that size wise looks like they could not compete but they dont let that bother them - they are legit.
DCE CRABS RR all tough and looking to separate from middle to the top in the next few weeks
API ??

API should have been put in the AA league. They are the red headed step child of the elite group now.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's what it seems to be.. I think FCA might be next. Funny they have talent but do not practice enough to compete in the spring and might carry over to summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API ??

API should have been put in the AA league. They are the red headed step child of the elite group now.

Agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API ??

True Hawks is the clear leader but lets not forget they are also the clear leader in holdbacks. They, and their supporters will deny this but all that know this team and the elite division know the truth. All teams in tis division have some holdbacks but not to the extent that this Hawks team has. The entire program has now made this their business model, following the long ago model of Crabs. I'm not complaining and no one else should be either, it is what it is and they are within the guidelines, a grade based league. But having a loaded roster with holdbacks gives a team a clear advantage. They are not unbeatable but to do so another team will have to play their best game of the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to MD91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API ??

True Hawks is the clear leader but lets not forget they are also the clear leader in holdbacks. They, and their supporters will deny this but all that know this team and the elite division know the truth. All teams in tis division have some holdbacks but not to the extent that this Hawks team has. The entire program has now made this their business model, following the long ago model of Crabs. I'm not complaining and no one else should be either, it is what it is and they are within the guidelines, a grade based league. But having a loaded roster with holdbacks gives a team a clear advantage. They are not unbeatable but to do so another team will have to play their best game of the season.

That is one of the biggest issues with holdbacks/prefirsts. There are only so many of them. And if you can get a team full of them. You will have an advantage other teams wont. Age has to many in each month to stack a team of older on age players as there are so many of them.

Youth was made for age restrictions...Not grade...Common sense tells you that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear team 91 best attack is going to be held back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone new API should of drop down to AA. They just lost to many good players and didn’t replace them with equal or better players it’s shows . This is not as good as last years team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grade based youth lacrosse is a sham. The number of reclassed kids on the Crabs, Looneys and Hawks is embarrassing.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I saw Madlax this past week, they all look like baby faced 12 year olds on 2022 but they dont care. They played toe to toe with Crabs andWon and beat DC express. Talent and good coaching is what rises to the top as well as good team chemistry if you can keep a strong core together for years. Enough of this holdback talk lets enjoy. This is what you get with Club lacrosse and we are all a slave to it so lets enjoy seeing them play. I heard people say Crabs and FCA have lots of holdbacks yet FCA is 0-2 and has scored 6 goals total. Crabs is 1-1 and while a good team not dominate. Hawks does seem to be the clear dominate team and holdbacks or not they have talent. I hope one of the other teams in the league can beat them but in the end who cares who wins HOCO league or some tournament. Lets enjoy our kids time while they still enjoy having us come to games and cart them around to practices. We will all wake up soon and have no kids to carpool around to the lacrosse fields...once that happens then we can commiserate about missing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just remember DC Express had several good looks to win that game against Madlax in regulation and OT--great game that could have gone either way....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just remember DC Express had several good looks to win that game against Madlax in regulation and OT--great game that could have gone either way....

OK. We'll remember it...Now what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API ??

Totally agree that the Hawks are the clear front runner and best all around team. But almost all of their team are holdbacks. DCE, Crabs & FCA have holdbacks but nowhere near what Hawks has. It's legal though - so enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone new API should of drop down to AA. They just lost to many good players and didn’t replace them with equal or better players it’s shows . This is not as good as last years team

Not an API parent, but why wouldn't a team wish to play against the very best competition that they can schedule? Kids/coaches learn a lot even if they don't win many games. First two games this team played in HOCO was against DC Express and Hawks -- the focus of Mr. Holdback on this site. I think it is great to prepare for and play against these types of teams and will allow the team members to prepare themselves for a time when they compete against each other in high school, and where the "talent" will be more evenly dispersed among the regional schools. HOCO won't matter any more, except in the minds of parents living vicariously through their kids and middle school team memories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an API parent, but why wouldn't a team wish to play against the very best competition that they can schedule? Kids/coaches learn a lot even if they don't win many games. First two games this team played in HOCO was against DC Express and Hawks -- the focus of Mr. Holdback on this site. I think it is great to prepare for and play against these types of teams and will allow the team members to prepare themselves for a time when they compete against each other in high school, and where the "talent" will be more evenly dispersed among the regional schools. HOCO won't matter any more, except in the minds of parents living vicariously through their kids and middle school team memories.

Why would the very best teams want to play a team that is not of the same caliber? It does nothing for any of these elite teams to beat up on API. The only thing that does is give guys on this forum the ability to put 18-6 or 12-2 on these posts. I mean... in 2 games the Hawks have beaten API by a combined score of 30-8 - I don't see how that is good for anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would the very best teams want to play a team that is not of the same caliber? It does nothing for any of these elite teams to beat up on API. The only thing that does is give guys on this forum the ability to put 18-6 or 12-2 on these posts. I mean... in 2 games the Hawks have beaten API by a combined score of 30-8 - I don't see how that is good for anyone.

Hawks has played 2 games and has outscored their opponents 28-5. Maybe they need their own division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a politician . You make up a constant stream of garbage when a simple question was put to you. Is it right that your child get special rights to play down while others dont in Youth sports. Common sense tells you all kids should get the same opportunity as your child. Yet you once again go off on..my son did 2 year rec and I didnt complain, He did prefirst, etc .. Just answer a simple question...Do you think it is right that your child gets an advantage others dont in youth sports and is that in the spirit of youth sports. You wont answer this simple Yes or No answer due to knowing the answer .."" of course my child shouldnt get an advantage in youth sports others dont.""

Now you are justifying it by how you train and whats in their heart! LOL.. That one I havent heard before.

Excuses?? Who said that..Only You . Frankly the biggest excuse maker on here is you. You make up excuse after excuse for a system that is wrong at the youth level.

I did let the Howard County Recreation Department HOCO know how wrong grade base is in youth sports,told him the governing body of youth lacrosse USL recommends grade base at youth, But unfortunately the person running it at that time had a vested interest in a private school holdback child. Wonder why HOCO went youth grade base lacrosse when every other youth sport run by Howard County is based on age. Keep making up excuses and telling me how consumed I am , etc. Like I told you before. You might not want to quit your day job and go into the fortune telling business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do have their own division. Its called 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do have their own division. Its called 2021.

Too many holdbacks on 2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will be upset if my holdback fails his drivers test this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any of the leagues or team had any balls they would post the rosters with the birth dates of the players. It is not against the rules to use a player of any age in a grade based league. Even if your little Johnny was 16 but was going to graduate in 2022 he is able to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big weekend for 2022's. Predictions
Friday:
91MD - 8 FCA - 3
RR - 5 Hawks - 12
Koopers - 12 API - 4

Saturday:
DC Express - 7 Crabs - 9
API - 6 FCA - 4
Koopers - 10 RR - 5
Hawks - 13 91MD - 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn!!!!!

Stepped away for a few days and you guys are still crying?

Nothing else to talk about I guess.

Carry on.

No Excuses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API ??

Completely unaware that people know so much about all the teams and which team has the most hold backs. Maybe those with all this knowledge can enlighten the rest of us on just how many hold backs each 2022 elite team has and the positions? No names, no numbers. And, are there any 7th graders (2023) that play up and for what team and position?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
darn!!!!!

Stepped away for a few days and you guys are still crying?

Nothing else to talk about I guess.

Carry on.

No Excuses

I feel the same way. This constant crying by the holdback/prefirst parents and their excuses for playing down is getting old!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API ??

Completely unaware that people know so much about all the teams and which team has the most hold backs. Maybe those with all this knowledge can enlighten the rest of us on just how many hold backs each 2022 elite team has and the positions? No names, no numbers. And, are there any 7th graders (2023) that play up and for what team and position?

Parents are unaware of teams. But the players know who the holdbacks/prefirsts are and who is on age. The one boy in Maryland playing up is a Hero.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API ??

Seems this poster was correct, you are most likely a Hawks coach/parent/supporter and here you are, trying to divert attention. If you really want to know, go to games, watch the players carefully and listen to the sideline conversations. Seems you want everyone to do the work for you. I would bet if someone did supply the info you are asking for you would be back in a split second denying all that was said. Get off the couch, go to games, watch and pay attention. It isn't that difficult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 7th graders on Crabs

Page 58 of 64 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard