BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 119 of 264 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

In Syosset, money talks and talent and hard work walks.... usually to Chaminade, St. Anthony's or St. Dominics.

Hahahahaha - seems like a lot but it was really only 3 families (lucawhatevers, Burke and Speranza's) yest that was 10 very good players but that is history now, I can not think of any players they have lost to St A's (I don't think Raffa lived in Syosset when started at St A's) and the two good players from St Dominic's are back at Syosset.

What 2 good players? If they were good they would not have come back to Syosset.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Heck of a game watching HHHW play East Islip. Hills with the Come from behind from a 5 point deficit and forced overtime and won it 11-10. It will be on Fios1 at 3 on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the original post reads as if they Nport will make the playoffs, (northport commack West islip are probably #5-7.) are you questioning this? and saying they wont make playoffs? and are you saying this because of one player, one player doesnt make that happen. When will he be back?

Big games tomorrow for teams in A maybe a foreshadow of playoffs:
Quott vs Ward Melville
HHHE v SmithW
WIslip v CMack
Nport v SmithE

Sachem E v BShore
Whit v Hunt

Leading to bigger games Saturday, or games could let division shale out.

Lindy v HHHE
Nport v BShore
SmithE v Rivr

SmithW v Sachem E
WIslip v Hunt
Melville V Whitmn

Season is getting exciting.

Ya think Northport can turn it around and make the playoffs? They've been playing without there top D pole since the Hills game. So they got smacked by Smithtown West. Who doesn't get smacked by Smithtown West. They have a big game tomorrow vs. Smithtown East. That i think is a big game for both teams, especially Northport. That one they have to win.

For Class A

Sect XI site ranking holds weight for the playoff picture, but it is to soon to make heads or tails of it right now. You have to have the teams cycle through at least half the games to figure out the 5-10. Top 4 will probably remain the top 4 whether or not they remain in the spot currently in.

I doubt Whitman amd Smithtown East will stay that high. Or Northport and Commack that low. West Islip moves up one.

Another battle for the last 4 spots out of 6 teams. If the bracket only takes 11 teams. Advantage teams with current ranking.
Bay Shore
Lindy
Riverhead
Sachems
Smithtown East
Whitman

Lindy is a product of their easy schedule, should get a lot of wins. Will that hurt the rankings. Riverhead is a must win. West Islip a reach. Still might be the first of that group to get in.

Whitemen high current rank will help. West Islip and Riverhead games are huge.

Riverhead will play Whitmen, should win. But Commack and Smithtown East game are big. Should take 2/3. West Islip loss hurts unless WI does damage. Should be next in.

Smithtown East is headed into Must win month thru 4/28.

Bay Shore and the Sachems won't get to play Lindy or Whitmen and that could come back to bite them. Gotta take care of business against each other and try and steal a game. Bay Shore's Commack Loss hurts unless Commack does damage. Sachem North's Northport loss hurts.

Lax Power also has an interesting rankings that I could see. Probably gives a truer picture. Maybe swap Huntington and West Islip. And Riverhead and Commack and Lindy and Bay Shore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21
Heck of a game watching HHHW play East Islip. Hills with the Come from behind from a 5 point deficit and forced overtime and won it 11-10. It will be on Fios1 at 3 on Saturday.

Comsewogue handles Harborfields
SWR doubles up ESM
ISlip by 1 over Mt Sinai

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Colts21

Comsewogue handles Harborfields
SWR doubles up ESM
ISlip by 1 over Mt Sinai

This is going to be a fun season to watch this division. Every game will be important.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think it was about one player but more about the trashing Northport has been taking on here. The coach has been getting ripped heavily as well as people just stating how bad they are. So they got beat up by Smithtown West pretty badly. That's one game. Give me another game they have played that has been so bad? The are right in the thick of things and I think aside from SW and WM, the landscape is pretty competitive this year so ya never know who is going to end up where. So I think way to early to say they won't make the playoffs. They have a big game today vs. SE and Bayshore on the weekend. Both I think will be very competitive games and can go either way.

[quote=Anonymous]I think the original post reads as if they Nport will make the playoffs, (northport commack West islip are probably #5-7.) are you questioning this? and saying they wont make playoffs? and are you saying this because of one player, one player doesnt make that happen. When will he be back?

Quott vs Ward Melville
HHHE v SmithW
WIslip v CMack
Nport v SmithE

Sachem E v BShore
Whit v Hunt

Lindy v HHHE
Nport v BShore
SmithE v Rivr

SmithW v Sachem E
WIslip v Hunt
Melville V Whitmn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just about every coach that has ever been ripped on here is by a Daddy that's upset with his son's lack of playing time. Look in the mirror Daddy, he's just not that good and neither were you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Ward Melville
2. SW
3.Conn
4.HHHE
5.WI
6.Commack
7.Riverhead
8.Northport
9. Smithtown east
10.Hunt
11.Bayshore

After 6 who knows but I can see this being the seeds at end of the season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just about every coach that has ever been ripped on here is by a Daddy that's upset with his son's lack of playing time. Look in the mirror Daddy, he's just not that good and neither were you.

Thanks for that Coach!

Good luck with your Summer Town Program and Travel Team stuff.

Why not do the right thing and step down and let a non biased coach with no conflict have a chance. You can then focus 100% on your Capoop businesses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Syosset Team will show up today vs. St. Anthony's?

Too bad they can't bring the 2015 Team, that would be their only chance.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain this, I am not sure what you mean, are you implying that the 2015 Syosset team that won the LIC might be better than the 2018 team that started the year 1-3? if that is what you are saying, you are a very clever poster, If I was you, I would put away your shine box and become a full time anonymous poster .......you are that good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they got beat up by SW. Yup lack of a cohesive offense will do that to you, plus not winning a ton of faceoffs. Shot differential was pretty ugly The Riverhead game was non-league so does it really matter. Coach played a lot of kids who usually doesn't an that aside the starting goalie was hurt so 15-11 wasn't so bad.

So your point about Northport being terrible, just curious but do you lay the blame purely on the coaching or the level of talent as well? This is a team that weeks before took Hills East to the limit and should have won that game but lost win 10 seconds left. Is it just the coaching or are they week all over the place?

Funny how St Anthony's will never play Smithtown or Ward Melville as a regular season NL game.

They will play anybody, the coach wants the school to be recognized as a national program. It is the public schools likely don't want to play them or there isn't enough room on the schedule. They play Yorktown, Manhasset, Syosset, Niscayuna, Staples, New Canaan, and yeah, Darien, this year alone. Have your opinion about the public school talent vs Catholic, fine it make's debates fun, but don't say "funny"like they are ducking teams.

For Some Reason, which I don't know, Suffolk Section 11 only allows 2 out of section games a year. WM played LS and Cham. WI played Farm and Pen, SW only played 1 GC. SE played MASS. SWR play GC and Pleasantville. Only a few Public's can hang with StA, I also think they the Publics don't want to expose there kids to St As if fear of losing some of there younger kids to them in the future.

I watched SW vs NPT. SW is very good and the SW/WM game is going to be awesome. NPT is terrible. JVs were undefeated 2 years in a row so you think they would be better. They are also undefeated this year. The AD should look to promote the JV Coach and send the Varsity coach down to the PAL Level.

Northport has one of the Biggest PAL Programs on Long Island. They have 2 Middle schools that usually do very well. They have 2 JV teams with their JV 1 almost always going undefeated or only losing 1 or 2 games a year. They get to Varsity and they always under preform and this year flat out stink losing 13 -1 to SW and 15-11 to Riverhead how lost to BBP. Watch them play, they don't move the ball at all. It's all 1v1 dodging/redodging, It looks like LAX from the 80's. Read this and tell me were the problem is. It's not just this year it's every year.

BTW - Their Girls teams are better but could argue they also under preform. They have graduated some of the best College players and only have 1 State Championship. This year's team is stacked with 11 D1 players. Anything short of a Suffolk, LI or State Championship will be a disappointment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please explain this, I am not sure what you mean, are you implying that the 2015 Syosset team that won the LIC might be better than the 2018 team that started the year 1-3? if that is what you are saying, you are a very clever poster, If I was you, I would put away your shine box and become a full time anonymous poster .......you are that good

Maybe they have underwear scandal again!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they have underwear scandal again!!!

they can get Captain Underpants head wrapz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one that will be slapped around by 10 goals.

16-6 Friars ... take it to the bank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't catholic All Star Teams like the Big 2 on Long Island beat every town team they play? They are pulling the best players from 14-15 different towns and parents would be fools to send their kids to those teams if they weren't any good. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers would no doubt get lots of minutes on most of their town teams. There are plenty of players that have left the catholics, went home and became starters. When these teams lose to town programs its an indictment of the coaching and lack of cohesion. Too many generals and not enough foot soldiers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Ward Melville
2. SW
3.Conn
4.HHHE
5.WI
6.Commack
7.Riverhead
8.Northport
9. Smithtown east
10.Hunt
11.Bayshore

I wouldn't put Huntington that low. New coach is awesome and has the players jelling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who can huntington beat ahead of them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It might be more then 10 goals!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shouldn't catholic All Star Teams like the Big 2 on Long Island beat every town team they play? They are pulling the best players from 14-15 different towns and parents would be fools to send their kids to those teams if they weren't any good. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers would no doubt get lots of minutes on most of their town teams. There are plenty of players that have left the catholics, went home and became starters. When these teams lose to town programs its an indictment of the coaching and lack of cohesion. Too many generals and not enough foot soldiers.

The big 2 are usually far deeper, but starters at good public safe just as good as starters at the Catholics. And most people sending their sons to Chaminade aren't doing so just for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think it was about one player but more about the trashing Northport has been taking on here. The coach has been getting ripped heavily as well as people just stating how bad they are. So they got beat up by Smithtown West pretty badly. That's one game. Give me another game they have played that has been so bad? The are right in the thick of things and I think aside from SW and WM, the landscape is pretty competitive this year so ya never know who is going to end up where. So I think way to early to say they won't make the playoffs. They have a big game today vs. SE and Bayshore on the weekend. Both I think will be very competitive games and can go either way.

[quote=Anonymous]I think the original post reads as if they Nport will make the playoffs, (northport commack West islip are probably #5-7.) are you questioning this? and saying they wont make playoffs? and are you saying this because of one player, one player doesnt make that happen. When will he be back?

Quott vs Ward Melville
HHHE v SmithW
WIslip v CMack
Nport v SmithE

Sachem E v BShore
Whit v Hunt

Lindy v HHHE
Nport v BShore
SmithE v Rivr

SmithW v Sachem E
WIslip v Hunt
Melville V Whitmn

Todays Predictions
Quott 10-9
SW 14-7
Commack 13-11
Smith East 15-8
Sachem E 11-9
Hunt 14-8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big 2 are usually far deeper, but starters at good public safe just as good as starters at the Catholics. And most people sending their sons to Chaminade aren't doing so just for lacrosse.

Plenty of starters at the publics are better than the starters at the Catholics. Pair that with a program that start putting teams together from 5 years old, and you build much more than a bunch of Alll stars. That is why a team like West Islip can do well even when they don't have any studs on the team. A team of well coached middle of the road players that work together can easily beat a team of studs who are looking to pad their stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard it from many a coach's mouth that they will play the older player even if the younger player is a little better because he will get plenty of playing time next year and they don't want to hurt the older player's confidence. Not the good coaches, but it does happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! St A’s is spanking Syosset. 4-0 in the 1st and Syosset doesn’t look like they can hang at all. Team speed is huge difference. Syosset looks really slow or St A is very fast. This may get really ugly if St A doesn’t put the brakes on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset looks much better in 2nd quarter. Making it a game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you took a survey ? you are full of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who says that they get the best players from 14-15 towns? just because you go to the catholic school and are on the team doesn't make you better than anyone else. absolute silliness mommy. ask GC if all their best players go to catholic school. dont lump your kid in with truly outstanding players because they too go to Chaminade or St Ants. you are embarrassing yourself. hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who says that they get the best players from 14-15 towns? just because you go to the catholic school and are on the team doesn't make you better than anyone else. absolute silliness mommy. ask GC if all their best players go to catholic school. dont lump your kid in with truly outstanding players because they too go to Chaminade or St Ants. you are embarrassing yourself. hammerhead.

So you pick one town with a good lacrosse program and academics to match. How many Suffolk kids have been driven by their parents to St Anthony's every day or worse yet a train ride to Chaminade? I can name lesser towns that have had many star players that have left to play private. Shall I name Bay Shore as one example? Penn State ring a bell? A kid already committed that did not need St Anthony's for exposure. There are hundreds of kids who leave home to be on a winner. Better yet. At the next catholic game count the number of players on the bench from the end of the substitution box to the 15 yard line and wonder how nice would it be to put the best 10 kids out there from two full bus loads (not to mention the hundred underclassmen waiting to be brought up to varsity). Stop with the nonsense, hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Ward Melville
2. SW
3.Conn
4.HHHE
5.WI
6.Commack
7.Riverhead
8.Northport
9. Smithtown east
10.Hunt
11.Bayshore

I wouldn't put Huntington that low. New coach is awesome and has the players jelling.

Not Today
Huntington Playing a zone all game against a team that plays 4 Mids -BIG coaching mistake
3 Min Un releasable hit to WW Goalie cost them 4 Goals
WW Played well, Huntington is the better team, but that's why you play the game
These teams should play every year/Big crowd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset, Port Wash, Locust Valley...................Hah Hah!

Ugh.

Syosset, Port Wash, Locust Valley...................Hah Hah!

Ugh.

A few days later and I say it again..... Syo and Port W..... Bawhahhhhhawwww!!!as

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Swap Huntington for Whitman especially after today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Ward Melville
2. SW
3.Conn
4.HHHE
5.WI
6.Commack
7.Riverhead
8.Northport
9. Smithtown east
10.Hunt
11.Bayshore

Hunt/Whitman out Lindy in? didnt that happen a few years back?
Big Win by Smithtown (both)!
Connettquot big week for them, next week!

and by the way its not after 6 its after 5, its all the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of starters at the publics are better than the starters at the Catholics. Pair that with a program that start putting teams together from 5 years old, and you build much more than a bunch of Alll stars. That is why a team like West Islip can do well even when they don't have any studs on the team. A team of well coached middle of the road players that work together can easily beat a team of studs who are looking to pad their stats.

not sure how much weight that holds, big 3 from Crush and many played together at DD. That 2020 class the more and more I look at it is tight. Couple that with those Terps and Legacy players. I think those boys have played with and against each other for some time now, squashes your town team playing together since 5 theory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sadly they were never in the game. And that team had a lot D1 recruits. Surprised they were not more competitive.

your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

your post is disingenuous at best and stupid at worst, I do not believe you were sad and 4-2 at half would be "in the game" -

15-8 Final.

I guess St. Anthony's cleared their bench a bit early (like 2nd period), and that allowed Syo to make it seem close at the half. Not close in the 2nd 1/2 at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice Win for West Islip over Commack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joke in Syo was JC had the keys to a Turbo Charged Maserati and still couldn't win a state title. The state of affairs today, this team is a broken down Dodge Dart chugging along in the right lane. How can you expect him to "Coach Up" a team if he could never just "Coach" plus sprinkle in some conflict of interest and the season is a disaster. It will get funnier as the season goes into a stretch of real weak Conference A teams and he tries to manipulate certain kids getting points but all the while sacrificing the season because those kids won't help compete vs Pequa,Dalers or PW. The tarp is pulled off the * heap and he can't hide his crap any longer but be careful for what you wish for Syo because who would be crazy enough to take his job. All eyes are on you JC are you just going to continue the manipulation or do the right thing and prove to everyone that you are a principled coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15-8 Final.

I guess St. Anthony's cleared their bench a bit early (like 2nd period), and that allowed Syo to make it seem close at the half. Not close in the 2nd 1/2 at all.

I’m no fan of Syosset, but I thought they played great in 2nd quarter. If you think it was never a game or that SA took out the starters you didn’t watch the game. SA just better, they put it together and ran away with it in the 2nd half. Syosset had way too many bad passes and dropped balls. But a lot of physical talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15-8 Final.

I’m no fan of Syosset, but I thought they played great in 2nd quarter. If you think it was never a game or that SA took out the starters you didn’t watch the game. SA just better, they put it together and ran away with it in the 2nd half. Syosset had way too many bad passes and dropped balls. But a lot of physical talent.

Agree, if u watched the game then you know that starters were left in. Unless the big Penn State commit and Michigan commit, etc etc are not considered starters

Like Reply Quote
Page 119 of 264 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard