BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 85 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw on the MD board that people were trashing a top team, Annapolis Hawks, for switching to a zone defense. What teams run a zone now? What are your feelings playing for a team that runs a zone and playing against them? I think Empire, Igloo, TB run a zone. Bandits too, but I think they run a backer zone. What are your thoughts?

Triangle and Diamond Zone is the best.

Bandits are the only team I know to consistently run a zone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you should worry more about the Math and English portion of your son's education rather than scouting out 7th grade lacrosse defensive schemes.

Great reply, you're hilarious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw on the MD board that people were trashing a top team, Annapolis Hawks, for switching to a zone defense. What teams run a zone now? What are your feelings playing for a team that runs a zone and playing against them? I think Empire, Igloo, TB run a zone. Bandits too, but I think they run a backer zone. What are your thoughts?

That's why they call us the Bandits because we steal your thunder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series pays each team $3k for Coaches (combined) to cover flights. Don’t be duped into paying for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if your son was born in another state, with a different cut-off. And he was delayed when he was 4. So you say as a parent "lets take our chances for him socially and academically". Then sports come into the picture and he plays with his friends for 6 years and now.....BAM....Can't play with your team..!!!
Beating a dead horse US Lax......Get with the program and go to birth year. Ugh!!!! WSYL....Putting emphasis on???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits played Man vs express. My son did not have a chance to play them but we came back for the championship and they were man to man. I have seen them in the past play both

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just goes to show how pathetic Long Island is. How in the world can a player be in 7th grade, playing 2023 brackets and be born before 9/1/04. Literally holding the kid back 2 years?? Disgusting LI Trash. Play your son on age and see how he matches up. Fools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A tight zone defense will definitely keep the scores down. It's just far more difficult to put the ball in the net when 1/2 the team is standing in front. The drawback is that it's a less exciting game to watch. If a team doesn't drop passes and backs up shots they can control the ball for 10 minutes at a clip. I think the defenders still need to be athletic, though. I would not say that it hurts their development as players in the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series pays each team $3k for Coaches (combined) to cover flights. Don’t be duped into paying for them.

Probably gets funded by the $300 registration fee paid by each player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just goes to show how pathetic Long Island is. How in the world can a player be in 7th grade, playing 2023 brackets and be born before 9/1/04. Literally holding the kid back 2 years?? Disgusting LI Trash. Play your son on age and see how he matches up. Fools

A kid born on 8/31/04 is a 2 year holdback but a kid born on 9/1/04 is ok.?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally think the express 22 kids they added puts them over the top as the best team. They are huge

And that's why they are playing 22 even though they are the same general age as our kids. They are the true D1 athletes, assuming they keep growing of course

Lol! Guy, they're playing 2022 because they're in 8th grade and graduating in 2022! You're hysterical! Listen, my son's team brought in 22's also, I'm not criticizing, but let's be real. Teams that don't take advantage of the age difference don't stand a shot in this tourney! My kid is a September birthday and if he played next year (he won't) he'd be a monster! Lol!

Why would you not let your son play IF he is of the right AGE. It is an age based tournament and a good one. Your lying Mr.Monster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 90+1 parent but hey are legit, no team at the 2023 age group has a shot. Express A with all there cheating ways will always do well but still can't beat 90+1. Igloo looked pretty good thought they would play better and S2S is better then I thought. My sons team competed played in every game went 3-3. They absolutely can't compete with the aforementioned teams. Good luck to all during the travel season. I would 100% be surprised if anyone beats 90+1.

Question-How do you cheat in and age based tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 90+1 parent but hey are legit, no team at the 2023 age group has a shot. Express A with all there cheating ways will always do well but still can't beat 90+1. Igloo looked pretty good thought they would play better and S2S is better then I thought. My sons team competed played in every game went 3-3. They absolutely can't compete with the aforementioned teams. Good luck to all during the travel season. I would 100% be surprised if anyone beats 90+1.

All players must be born on or after 9/1/2004. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.

Unless you are submitting false birth certificates...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age range, Birth Year, Grad Year...

[Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All players must be born on or after 9/1/2004. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.

Unless you are submitting false birth certificates...
[/quote]
If my son's team finished with a 3 - 3 record I would not be making snide remarks about any other team. Bottom line - those top four teams were more talented , better coached & worked harder in the off season than the other teams. PS: your son's team did not compete, they were not ready or prepared for this tournament & you can blame that on your own organization. Don't belittle what any of those teams accomplished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not a 90+1 parent but hey are legit, no team at the 2023 age group has a shot. Express A with all there cheating ways will always do well but still can't beat 90+1. Igloo looked pretty good thought they would play better and S2S is better then I thought. My sons team competed played in every game went 3-3. They absolutely can't compete with the aforementioned teams. Good luck to all during the travel season. I would 100% be surprised if anyone beats 90+1.

I agree with this. Weird how some responses to this post get all bitter and picking at little things. Bandits rule because of great team play, Express no doubt #2, followed by strong S2S and Igloo and PT crews. They all will beat down the next level teams in the area. As for "cheating", clear the guy meant more about their rep and style (pulling big players from wherever) than actually cheating. And if his kid's team went 3-3, they are good but not best of the best, and he admits that. Others should do the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U13 World Rankings are in. Legacy at the top!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah right where are they ? I belong to then on a young team and they are sub par organization. Charge high prices , add extra tournaments then hand cuff you to pay and very tight what they give as of uniforms and equipment as a team (Still haven’t received helmet yet) They have 1 good team in there organization and it’s the 2024 Taz that’s about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leave Legacy alone. They had a bad day at the qualifiers. Played True Blue very tough & lost in a very tough game ( 7 - 6 ).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Comical
Big 5 team wouldn’t have qualified in North and they are ahead of S2S....when you can only beat bad teams 3-0 time to think of it is worth going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this. Weird how some responses to this post get all bitter and picking at little things. Bandits rule because of great team play, Express no doubt #2, followed by strong S2S and Igloo and PT crews. They all will beat down the next level teams in the area. As for "cheating", clear the guy meant more about their rep and style (pulling big players from wherever) than actually cheating. And if his kid's team went 3-3, they are good but not best of the best, and he admits that. Others should do the same.

^^^^^^^^^^
Thank You

I know what the rules are and the age cutoff, however Express brought at least 2 players from 2022 to play in the qualifier, to me thats bush league. Don't know if any other teams did the same, there a good team, no need to bring kids from the 2022 team down. Im not looking to bash anyone, they are the second best team on the island followed by Igloo and S2S. I watched the Bandits S2S first half and the Bandits dominated in every aspect of the game, IMHO there is no team on LI that can compete with them. If Express and Igloo play them 10 times they may get lucky and win one highly doubtful but a possibility. Good luck to all the kids in the upcoming school/travel seasons and good luck to the 4 teams that made it to Denver, keep the Championship on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^
Thank You

I know what the rules are and the age cutoff, however Express brought at least 2 players from 2022 to play in the qualifier, to me thats bush league. Don't know if any other teams did the same, there a good team, no need to bring kids from the 2022 team down. Im not looking to bash anyone, they are the second best team on the island followed by Igloo and S2S. I watched the Bandits S2S first half and the Bandits dominated in every aspect of the game, IMHO there is no team on LI that can compete with them. If Express and Igloo play them 10 times they may get lucky and win one highly doubtful but a possibility. Good luck to all the kids in the upcoming school/travel seasons and good luck to the 4 teams that made it to Denver, keep the Championship on LI.

You don't really believe Express was the only team to use age qualified 2022's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't really believe Express was the only team to use age qualified 2022's.

No I don't, I just know Express 100% did. I don't want to accuse other teams unless I know for sure. You would be naive to think not I just don't know for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's an age based tourney. As with all age based sports (is soccer, hockey, baseball,AAU hoops, there will be young kids from the grade above that qualify. There is nothing bush league about it. It is actually what is suppose to happen as opposed to the current normal where kids that are 1 or 2 years older than the standard age beat up in the smaller an less develop, standard age kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue didn’t qualify? I guess Walmart will be open July 4th after all, since the entire Walmart cashier staff will not be heading to Denver with their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue didn’t qualify? I guess Walmart will be open July 4th after all, since the entire Walmart cashier staff will not be heading to Denver with their kids.

Thanks a lot JC. I thought you were our savior since you control everything. I guess your ego lost us the only chance we had.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is everyone enjoying middle school ball?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Vicarious

It is what it is.. 1 other travel kid, 1 other PAL kid, new 7-8 players...

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by ScottK

It is what it is.. 1 other travel kid, 1 other PAL kid, new 7-8 players...

School ball is school ball. You are going to be mixed in with players of all levels buts its good preparation for the travel team season.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My 7th grader is the oldest, so this is the first school ball experience. He loves playing, but likes travel better. The weird thind is that 7th and 8th are combined and play in the same game. The better kids play 1st and 3rd and the less experienced kids pay 2nd and 4th. There are no cuts, so there are close to 50 kids on the team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My 7th grader is the oldest, so this is the first school ball experience. He loves playing, but likes travel better. The weird thind is that 7th and 8th are combined and play in the same game. The better kids play 1st and 3rd and the less experienced kids pay 2nd and 4th. There are no cuts, so there are close to 50 kids on the team.

Unfortunately some middle school programs have synchronized teams for the those two grades while other schools have a separate team for each grade. It's tough to get a lot of playing time and this is one of the reasons club ball got so big. Does your son play on a travel team?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our LI Knights 2023 Boys Team (Based out of Smithtown Central) Has 3 Midfield Positions Available & 1 Goalie Position Available.

We Start Practicing this Sunday & every upcoming Sunday through the Summer at 6pm at Smithtown West HS Turf Field.

If anyone is still looking for a team or knows of anybody, they can contact us at info@LIKnightsLax.com or by going to our website: www.LIKnightsLax.com

Thank you.
Team LI Knights Lax

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516

Unfortunately some middle school programs have synchronized teams for the those two grades while other schools have a separate team for each grade. It's tough to get a lot of playing time and this is one of the reasons club ball got so big. Does your son play on a travel team?

Yes, he does. He likes travel ball better. I don’t see any benefit to a combined team. Reduced playing time for everyone. Some kids don’t even play until the end of 4th quarter. As a parent with no interest in the team other than my son, it’s baseball painful waiting until it’s his time to get back on the field. Having an A and B team seems so much more logical for everyone involved.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516

Yes, he does. He likes travel ball better. I don’t see any benefit to a combined team. Reduced playing time for everyone. Some kids don’t even play until the end of 4th quarter. As a parent with no interest in the team other than my son, it’s baseball painful waiting until it’s his time to get back on the field. Having an A and B team seems so much more logical for everyone involved.

In a perfect world, they would not combine the teams but due to schools budgets, I think they cannot afford having 2 teams. It is not only paying the coaches but providing the players with equipment and the travel to the away games. Just have your son use the time on the middle school team to work on his off hand and weaknesses in his game and look at it as a way to prepare for Travel Ball.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by LIKnightsLax
Our LI Knights 2023 Boys Team (Based out of Smithtown Central) Has 3 Midfield Positions Available & 1 Goalie Position Available.

We Start Practicing this Sunday & every upcoming Sunday through the Summer at 6pm at Smithtown West HS Turf Field.

If anyone is still looking for a team or knows of anybody, they can contact us at info@LIKnightsLax.com or by going to our website: www.LIKnightsLax.com

Thank you.
Team LI Knights Lax

Reminder: Our LI Knights Lax 2023 Boys Team Has 1 Goalie Position Available and 3 Midfield Positions Available.

Anyone that you know or if your son is looking for a very affordable team, with great coaches and consistent weekly practices, please contact as by email info@liknightslax.com

Team LI Knights Lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who ended up winning at at blatant? Did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express beat S2S in a shortened final due to darkness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shortened or not it was 6-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PS... Shore parents,

You coach screams and cries like a lunatic!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PS... Shore parents,

You coach screams and cries like a lunatic!!!

Now that is funny! Don't all the top clubs coaches do the same?

Page 70 of 85 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard