BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,976
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 37 of 47 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely some good teams at qualifier but Next Level different class - went 6-0 and won semis 7-1 over BBL and won championship 10-2 against Big 5, who was undefeated in other bracket. NL will be tough out in Denver. There are MD elite teams that are on age, go figure!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are “RN parents”?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is An RN person?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Definitely some good teams at qualifier but Next Level different class - went 6-0 and won semis 7-1 over BBL and won championship 10-2 against Big 5, who was undefeated in other bracket. NL will be tough out in Denver. There are MD elite teams that are on age, go figure!

They play as 2024 in the summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been a lot of talk on this Forum about HOLDBACKs and how they are ruining the game. This weekend at the WSYL qualifiers in MD, there were numerous kids that were 6 feet and taller, some kids are definitely shaving (as you could see the 5 o'clock shadow). I mean real big boys!!!

All of these kids regardless of their MS class are 2023 age appropriate, but would be abused by the HOLDBACK Bashers on this site. So next time you see a tall kid that is really good, why don't you find out his age before calling out his name or number

Amen, brother. My kid is bashed as a holdback on a regular basis. He is big, and he is good, but he is not a holdback. He played at WSYL this weekend and I noticed lots of kids his same size. Bigger does not necessarily mean older. Some kids grow up to be 5'8". Other kids grow up to be 6'5". And by 12 you can already see the gap.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL is not your typical lax team. Big, strong, real athletes that could dominate just about any sport. Just goes to show how the game is changing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is an RN person?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the Hawks zone a factor in them scoring 15 goals or whatever it was? Maybe complain if you lost 6-5? 15-1 though? Bunch of whiny hammerheads. Take your kid and pay $300 and play for Freedom, LTRC or one of the strong rec programs. It is laughable to pay all that money to Mark Millon for THAT product and coaching
I saw no passing, no cutting, no clearing, no defense, no goaltending. Have they had any practices yet? If so that probably explains the product I saw on the field so hopefully they will get better

My son goes up against the Hawks defense every practice and man, zone whatever as you can see from the scores so far in Hoco, it has prepared us well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is an RN person?

The posts are being censored. RN - the R stands for a color and the N stands for a part of the body just below the head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is an RN person?

The posts are being censored. RN - the R stands for a color and the N stands for a part of the body just below the head.

RN parents wouldn't have the means or inclination to hold back their children in school. Holdbacks exist entirely in private school. Public schools don't allow it. Which one is it? Holdback Hawks or RN Hawks. You people baffle me. Boy am I glad to not be a Crabs or Hawks parent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I’m a proud RN Hawks parent doesn’t offend me at all. I don’t understand all the hate directed at the Hawks the only thing you guys have to say is ZONE DEFENSE, HOLDBACKS blah blah blah. These young men practice and work very hard to be successful and are GREAT teammates to each other and all the nomsense you are talking is a disgrace to the lacrosse community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ever said "yep" either didn't watch the game or doesn't know what a zone looks like? They played man to man 85% of the time. That being said they didn't have to play much defense.

The question was - 'did they really play zone?' - and the answer is yes. You even admit it in your response - if they played man 85% of the time then they would have played zone the other 15% of the time. And in my estimation it was more like 60/40.

By the way, hawks parents are some of the most RN people I've seen at a lacrosse game in a while.

who cares how much they played zone? 15%? 25? 53.58%? can explain why you care? Ridiculous and embarrassing. Nothing the Hawks have done in the last two games have been gimicky, illegal, unsportsmanlike, or ill advised, either on the offensive end or the defensive end or their ride. This is called "playing lacrosse." Would people care if they played Zone 65% and lost? or 10% of the time?

Actually their defense is gimmicky and ill advised. But hey - whatever it takes to win!

Doesn't seem so ill advised when you look at the scores. And for gimicky? Let's do this. Let's make a HOCO rule that all teams must play man to man 100% of the time. To run any other defense will be dubbed gimicky and be a two min unreleasble. This includes all teams. Even when you play the Hawks offense. Let's see that works out for everyone
A good defense is a good defense. Just deal and scheme to beat it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to stop by on Sunday and see my sons state ID and passport I’ll be the one with the camo hat and white gum boots driving the truck with glass packs with the gun rack in the back window. Signed Anonymous RN Holdback Hawks dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
without the typical response of you know nothing about the game, can the Hawk parent who is bashing his own son's coaches please explain how playing a zone is hampering these young man from playing defense when they get to high school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you want to stop by on Sunday and see my sons state ID and passport I’ll be the one with the camo hat and white gum boots driving the truck with glass packs with the gun rack in the back window. Signed Anonymous RN Holdback Hawks dad[/quote

Why wait until Sunday, why don’t you just come on down to my work at the Putty Division just north of Odessa right there on Federalsburg Street...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
without the typical response of you know nothing about the game, can the Hawk parent who is bashing his own son's coaches please explain how playing a zone is hampering these young man from playing defense when they get to high school

Man defense is significantly more complex than a simple 33 zone. On ball the defender has to know how to play his man from any spot on the field (vs one small area in zone). He has to know the footwork, how to open his hips and run, how and when to throw checks, how to recover when someone slides, how to handle picks, etc.

Off ball the defenders have to know who is the 1 slide, 2 slide, 3 slide etc in a constantly changing situation. Vs in a zone they are always in the same spot on the field so the slides are very basic. Man defense requires a lot of thinking, communication, and quick decisions. Zone defense is much simpler.

Generally teams out zones in when they think their defense is not capable of playing man to man. And a 33 zone is the simplest most basic zone there is. Essentially the hawks coaches are admitting that their defense is not good, so they will force an outside shot and gamble that the opponent cannot shoot hard enough to beat their goalie. This works until they are older and kids can shoot much harder and more accurately.

That’s the 30 second overview. There are many more nuances.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make no mistake....it is not a Hawks dad bashing a Hawks coach. This is a forum of trolls who try to create skepticism within a team to tear them apart. I know many of the parents, kids and coaches on this team. There is a strong bond amongst them. Do not let some jealous troll on an anonymous forum create any doubt amongst you. Use the hate to make your team stronger and go out there and kick everyone’s butts. Who cares what anyone says if they don’t have guts to attach their name to it? Anonymous posts are trash! If someone feels so strongly about your coaching style then they should let you know specifically who they are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only if Amanda White is there !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make no mistake....it is not a Hawks dad bashing a Hawks coach. This is a forum of trolls who try to create skepticism within a team to tear them apart. I know many of the parents, kids and coaches on this team. There is a strong bond amongst them. Do not let some jealous troll on an anonymous forum create any doubt amongst you. Use the hate to make your team stronger and go out there and kick everyone’s butts. Who cares what anyone says if they don’t have guts to attach their name to it? Anonymous posts are trash! If someone feels so strongly about your coaching style then they should let you know specifically who they are!

You’re wrong. My kid does play for the hawks. Generally speaking we are happy because he doesn’t play defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the anonymous poster...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man defense is significantly more complex than a simple 33 zone. On ball the defender has to know how to play his man from any spot on the field (vs one small area in zone). He has to know the footwork, how to open his hips and run, how and when to throw checks, how to recover when someone slides, how to handle picks, etc.

Off ball the defenders have to know who is the 1 slide, 2 slide, 3 slide etc in a constantly changing situation. Vs in a zone they are always in the same spot on the field so the slides are very basic. Man defense requires a lot of thinking, communication, and quick decisions. Zone defense is much simpler.

Generally teams out zones in when they think their defense is not capable of playing man to man. And a 33 zone is the simplest most basic zone there is. Essentially the hawks coaches are admitting that their defense is not good, so they will force an outside shot and gamble that the opponent cannot shoot hard enough to beat their goalie. This works until they are older and kids can shoot much harder and more accurately.

I figured you really wouldn't know what you were talking about and you just proved it, thanks for confirming. If your kid really is on the Hawks, just be glad he is getting good coaching in a good organization and let it go at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I figured you really wouldn't know what you were talking about and you just proved it, thanks for confirming. If your kid really is on the Hawks, just be glad he is getting good coaching in a good organization and let it go at that.

I’m not sure what you think you know - but the guy who laid out some of the differences between the defenses is absolutely correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not think you will here from a 91 parent about the team versus this competition. They know they are outmatched. Having been there for the last couple of years until now, the coaching is fine...they have 6-10 good players but they are up against 15-20 good players and 5 excellent ones at the elite level.
Watch the teams walk onto the field. The eye test is a big clue.

Hawks zone is fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the coach of FCA 23 also the head coach at Calvert Hall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all understand that NL did well this weekend, congrats, no need to keep pounding your chest on this forum. They had a great run on Sunday, but don't forget the Saturday Saltwater and Tristate games which were a lot closer. Chalk it up to nerves or a down game, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that NL is in a different class then every other team in the qualifier. In my opinion, I think that there were stronger teams in the NL bracket top to bottom, the results on Sunday made that pretty clear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I've noticed is that most of the top 2023 teams on LI and many in MD run a zone defense. The players are skilled and athletic and can always switch back to man if needed. HS and collegiate programs also run zones... the 3-3 included. It's a proven defense and is extremely effective when run with precision. Like anything else, it takes practice to run correctly or a good coach will easily expose its flaws. It frustrates offenses and, without a shot clock, can be boring to watch; however, to say teams like the Hawks (not a Hawk dad) run it because they have no faith in the defense is ludicrous. It just makes them harder to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question for hawks parents. How do you feel about Dad's being the head coach? Do you feel as though play time is earned and given out appropriately?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question for hawks parents. How do you feel about Dad's being the head coach? Do you feel as though play time is earned and given out appropriately?

Make sure if you say its ok for Hawks to have dads as coaches it makes it ok for Madlax to do the same thing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the coach of FCA 23 also the head coach at Calvert Hall?

yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all understand that NL did well this weekend, congrats, no need to keep pounding your chest on this forum. They had a great run on Sunday, but don't forget the Saturday Saltwater and Tristate games which were a lot closer. Chalk it up to nerves or a down game, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that NL is in a different class then every other team in the qualifier. In my opinion, I think that there were stronger teams in the NL bracket top to bottom, the results on Sunday made that pretty clear.

Tristate/Saltwater game a good won. Love to watch fast even a little aggressive games!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not sure what you think you know - but the guy who laid out some of the differences between the defenses is absolutely correct.

Not really, to just label zone defense as easier than man to man is very simplistic and not accurate, he mentioned 2nd and 3rd slides, aren't you essentially sliding to a zone at that point and no longer playing a man. you have to communicate as much in either defense. A zone defense does not mean you are not aggressive on the ball and retreating off of it, you are just not allowing slides to be stretched as far, there are slides in zone defenses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a problem.

Also, there were a few kids that should have been moved to the Green team, but the Dad coaches refused. So they stayed on Black, and they play......perhaps when they shouldn't. That's why the Green Team folded - none of the coaches would agree to move "back."

If they could solve this, they would be the compete package.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a problem.

Also, there were a few kids that should have been moved to the Green team, but the Dad coaches refused. So they stayed on Black, and they play......perhaps when they shouldn't. That's why the Green Team folded - none of the coaches would agree to move "back."

This is how you demonstrate that you have no real first hand knowledge on the issue: In the Hawks organization, the green teams are and always have been the "A" team and the black teams are and always have been the "B" team. The current 2023 Hawks team is the Green team. This is true at every level since the beginning. So I assume this is third or fourth hand knowledge, perhaps all overheard or relayed at the tailgate or the cocktail party.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really, to just label zone defense as easier than man to man is very simplistic and not accurate, he mentioned 2nd and 3rd slides, aren't you essentially sliding to a zone at that point and no longer playing a man. you have to communicate as much in either defense. A zone defense does not mean you are not aggressive on the ball and retreating off of it, you are just not allowing slides to be stretched as far, there are slides in zone defenses.

Of course there are slides in zone, but they are simple and easy to execute. That's the point - the kids aren't learning how to think and play dynamically and in the moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a problem.

This is 100% accurate, he just got the Black and Green teams mixed up. My son is on the Green team and we're dealing with this problem right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tristate/Saltwater game a good won. Love to watch fast even a little aggressive games!!!!

Yes, those divisional games were very good, boys played hard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a problem.

This is 100% accurate, he just got the Black and Green teams mixed up. My son is on the Green team and we're dealing with this problem right now.

Trolls... they can't beat us so they try to break us down. Won't work. We all respect and support each other. Take your drama elsewhere!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a problem.

Trolls... they can't beat us so they try to break us down. Won't work. We all respect and support each other. Take your drama elsewhere!

What number are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a problem.

The truth hurts you doesn't it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the Hawks' zone is bad for player development but the crabs could even clear the ball in the game. The ride is has no peers at this age group.
Zone doesn't help the offense at all. The addition of new players will make their offense that much better.

Hawks are an outstanding program

Page 37 of 47 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard