BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,137
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 117 of 267 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport is just not that good and not well coached. You had 31 shots to 9. They have a good defense and a good goalie but you are
Not going to win to many games in this division like that, at least not against the top teams. Their offense is weak, they don't have a stud who can score from anywhere and they have a decent fogo who is very inconsistent. They won 3 face offs against SW
They will be lucky to go .500 this season and make the playoffs

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Northport v SW

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ward Melville smacked Chaminade. Love it

Would have loved to see that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St As over Haverford 16-5. Looks like the super sophs are starting to figure things out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset no match for St. Anthonys today.

St. Anthonys got spanked by Yorktown.....so I guess LI is weak this year and Yorktown is strong??

And the Friars smacked Haverford 16-6 today. Haverford is a top 10 team. Any of the top teams (public included) can beat each other. I posted Chaminade wouldn't lose this year and they were beat. I said after watching WM play and they looked flat. But that's sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21

Me do Chaminade stinks lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many goals did the GREAT middie committed have verse a GREAT Defense??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friars seem to be figuring it out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you people need to grow up... Jeez .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does WM play St Ants
Or Smithtown W this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St As over Haverford 16-5. Looks like the super sophs are starting to figure things out.

There is only one super soph. The rest are there to keep the parents happy and setup the next two years. The posting is they will be the same offense not the dodge and go thru offense on JV a.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you people need to grow up... Jeez .

Game can be replayed any time on channel 12 varsity, if you would like to re watch the bleeding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI Boys lost another tight one to Pensfield
Looks like a few kids need to step up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does WM play St Ants

SW and WM is on the schedule for 4/25. WM and St A's played a pre-season scrimmage. I THINK WM won by two late goals but I'm not certain. Of course it was a scrimmage so take it for what it's worth. I would like to see a mid-season match up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does WM play St Ants

SW and WM is on the schedule for 4/25. WM and St A's played a pre-season scrimmage. I THINK WM won by two late goals but I'm not certain. Of course it was a scrimmage so take it for what it's worth. I would like to see a mid-season match up.

You thought wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was the last time WI was 1-4?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does WM play St Ants

You thought wrong.

You thought.....gave your opinion....was wrong....then prefaced it with for what its worth. So short correct answer should have been....You didn't know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does WM play St Ants

You thought wrong.

You thought.....gave your opinion....was wrong....then prefaced it with for what its worth. So short correct answer should have been....You didn't know

So I got to the game after the half. The score board was not being used. I asked several fellow SA parents and got a few different scores. Based on the most popular answer given, WM won by 2. You are right, I don’t know for certain and apparently several others didn’t either. If SA actually won, great. But again it’s a scrimmage, so ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does WM play St Ants

You thought wrong.

Who cares what you.......think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how St Anthony's will never play Smithtown or Ward Melville as a regular season NL game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how St Anthony's will never play Smithtown or Ward Melville as a regular season NL game.

They will play anybody, the coach wants the school to be recognized as a national program. It is the public schools likely don't want to play them or there isn't enough room on the schedule. They play Yorktown, Manhasset, Syosset, Niscayuna, Staples, New Canaan, and yeah, Darien, this year alone. Have your opinion about the public school talent vs Catholic, fine it make's debates fun, but don't say "funny"like they are ducking teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Few things
If St. Anthony's isn't ducking LI team's, it sure seems like it. Why play 4 Ct teams and announce next year headed to NC.
Scratch the scrimmage and make it official.
They do have a few super Sophs not just one
Haverford 5-3, only 1 win is a winning team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St As ducking teams? Guy, really. Look at their schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Few things
If St. Anthony's isn't ducking LI team's, it sure seems like it. Why play 4 Ct teams and announce next year headed to NC.
Scratch the scrimmage and make it official.
They do have a few super Sophs not just one
Haverford 5-3, only 1 win is a winning team

What team is your son on and what does their schedule look like? Take his schedule and compare it to the schedule St. Anthony's plays. You really believe they are ducking teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

finally someone calling them out for their "off Island) week schedule

Yorktown - Delbarton - Haverford - New Canaan - FAIRFIELD PREP- Darien - Niskayuna

it's as if they don't want to be challenged

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The statement with SA was ducking LI teams. They have a strong schedule, no doubt, but lack the current LI power public's. They do have perrenial powers Manhassett and Syosett , not their fault they aren't a top team the past couple years. they usually schedule WM for a preseason scrimmage. Since their schedule is a last minute project why not flip some scrimmages and in seasons. To ensure the strongest are scheduled.

As far as the WM WI game, close yes, but that's the holiday week trap game. They survived. Let's see how the Contq HHE SW games goes. Then another trap game to end the season.

Club vs town.
Although Club has gotten out of control and towns need to get the boys for two tournya a summer. I am not sure you can name 4 top guys on many teams that aren't associated to a club team. A few towns do that the right way, but let's be clear noone keeps the better players from the $clubs.

PAL
Remember where it started and have those HS boys (especially star players) give some time back to the youth teams. If it wasn't a positive experience for yours then don't let that happen to these young kids. Get involved. Driving by practice pop in, if just to say hello and give some high fives. (Regardless if public or private HS player)

HS
Get involved with youth programs, Best way is getting the boys to be ball boys 4/5/6th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The statement with SA was ducking LI teams. They have a strong schedule, no doubt, but lack the current LI power public's. They do have perrenial powers Manhassett and Syosett , not their fault they aren't a top team the past couple years. they usually schedule WM for a preseason scrimmage. Since their schedule is a last minute project why not flip some scrimmages and in seasons. To ensure the strongest are scheduled.

As far as the WM WI game, close yes, but that's the holiday week trap game. They survived. Let's see how the Contq HHE SW games goes. Then another trap game to end the season.

Club vs town.
Although Club has gotten out of control and towns need to get the boys for two tournya a summer. I am not sure you can name 4 top guys on many teams that aren't associated to a club team. A few towns do that the right way, but let's be clear noone keeps the better players from the $clubs.

PAL
Remember where it started and have those HS boys (especially star players) give some time back to the youth teams. If it wasn't a positive experience for yours then don't let that happen to these young kids. Get involved. Driving by practice pop in, if just to say hello and give some high fives. (Regardless if public or private HS player)

HS
Get involved with youth programs, Best way is getting the boys to be ball boys 4/5/6th graders.

Sooooo...

Close public game=trap game. Are there trap games for the top ranked catholics or do they get criticized for only winning by 2-3 goals (see 261968)
What town "does that the right way". The best players from the towns all play club.
PAL...not a bad idea
Enjoy your day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's talk about this particular article in Lacrosse Insider. It was covering the Ward Melville vs Chaminade game which we all already know the outcome.

The title of the article :

This is one of the most incredible HS goals we have ever seen. I was hooked by the title right away. I wanted more had to click on it.

What's amazing about the article is the player who threw the inbounds pass. Remember the inbounds pass lol. Gets more ink and detailed write up than the player that actually scored the goal. This is the article below. After reading something just doesn't seem right here.

"The play; with Chaminade having possession of the ball with 5.9 seconds left in the half, trailing Ward Melville 7-4, Chaminade coach Jack CoachMor called for timeout.

The Flyers' (players name) who is headed to Yale after decommitting from John's Hopkins and who wears the prestigious No.19 this season, cleanly fed the inbounds pass to (players name)with about two seconds to go.

"(Players name) knowing he didn't have time to set and shoot, fired a spectacular over the shoulder behind the back shot that got past WM goalie with no time left on the clock."

Just think about it the player who scored the so called, "One of the most incredible HS goals we've seen "just gets a brief mention. Yet the kid who threw the inbounds pass gets all the ink. His number, school he decommitted from and where he's going.

Daddy making sure he gets recognition any way he can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will play anybody, the coach wants the school to be recognized as a national program. It is the public schools likely don't want to play them or there isn't enough room on the schedule. They play Yorktown, Manhasset, Syosset, Niscayuna, Staples, New Canaan, and yeah, Darien, this year alone. Have your opinion about the public school talent vs Catholic, fine it make's debates fun, but don't say "funny"like they are ducking teams.

For Some Reason, which I don't know, Suffolk Section 11 only allows 2 out of section games a year. WM played LS and Cham. WI played Farm and Pen, SW only played 1 GC. SE played MASS. SWR play GC and Pleasantville. Only a few Public's can hang with StA, I also think they the Publics don't want to expose there kids to St As if fear of losing some of there younger kids to them in the future.

I watched SW vs NPT. SW is very good and the SW/WM game is going to be awesome. NPT is terrible. JVs were undefeated 2 years in a row so you think they would be better. They are also undefeated this year. The AD should look to promote the JV Coach and send the Varsity coach down to the PAL Level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's talk about this particular article in Lacrosse Insider. It was covering the Ward Melville vs Chaminade game which we all already know the outcome.

This is one of the most incredible HS goals we have ever seen. I was hooked by the title right away. I wanted more had to click on it.

What's amazing about the article is the player who threw the inbounds pass. Remember the inbounds pass lol. Gets more ink and detailed write up than the player that actually scored the goal. This is the article below. After reading something just doesn't seem right here.

"The play; with Chaminade having possession of the ball with 5.9 seconds left in the half, trailing Ward Melville 7-4, Chaminade coach Jack CoachMor called for timeout.

The Flyers' (players name) who is headed to Yale after decommitting from John's Hopkins and who wears the prestigious No.19 this season, cleanly fed the inbounds pass to (players name)with about two seconds to go.

"(Players name) knowing he didn't have time to set and shoot, fired a spectacular over the shoulder behind the back shot that got past WM goalie with no time left on the clock."

Just think about it the player who scored the so called, "One of the most incredible HS goals we've seen "just gets a brief mention. Yet the kid who threw the inbounds pass gets all the ink. His number, school he decommitted from and where he's going.

Your obsession with this kid and your conclusion that his father somehow controls all the press the kid gets is silly and borderline creepy, Please tell us what horrible things this kid and or his father has done to your son and or family that you are so concerned. My son has played against him many times and thinks he is a GREAT player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your point about Northport being terrible, just curious but do you lay the blame purely on the coaching or the level of talent as well? This is a team that weeks before took Hills East to the limit and should have won that game but lost win 10 seconds left. Is it just the coaching or are they week all over the place?

For Some Reason, which I don't know, Suffolk Section 11 only allows 2 out of section games a year. WM played LS and Cham. WI played Farm and Pen, SW only played 1 GC. SE played MASS. SWR play GC and Pleasantville. Only a few Public's can hang with StA, I also think they the Publics don't want to expose there kids to St As if fear of losing some of there younger kids to them in the future.

I watched SW vs NPT. SW is very good and the SW/WM game is going to be awesome. NPT is terrible. JVs were undefeated 2 years in a row so you think they would be better. They are also undefeated this year. The AD should look to promote the JV Coach and send the Varsity coach down to the PAL Level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got off the Phone with Joe Lombardi - he wants to know who you are, he is very interested to find out who the stunad is that reads pay subscription blogs and then posts it anonymously on another site while completely missing that point of the article. jealous much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your obsession with this kid and your conclusion that his father somehow controls all the press the kid gets is silly and borderline creepy, Please tell us what horrible things this kid and or his father has done to your son and or family that you are so concerned. My son has played against him many times and thinks he is a GREAT player.

Agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club vs town.

PAL

HS

Why is club out of control?

What towns do it the right way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do know that most teams pull up their best talent from JV. Northport has a tendency of not doing that and there are always good kids who should be playing varsity but the genius coach doesn't bring them up. So going undefeated on JV is not as impressive as you may think.

So your point about Northport being terrible, just curious but do you lay the blame purely on the coaching or the level of talent as well? This is a team that weeks before took Hills East to the limit and should have won that game but lost win 10 seconds left. Is it just the coaching or are they week all over the place?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport has one of the Biggest PAL Programs on Long Island. They have 2 Middle schools that usually do very well. They have 2 JV teams with their JV 1 almost always going undefeated or only losing 1 or 2 games a year. They get to Varsity and they always under preform and this year flat out stink losing 13 -1 to SW and 15-11 to Riverhead how lost to BBP. Watch them play, they don't move the ball at all. It's all 1v1 dodging/redodging, It looks like LAX from the 80's. Read this and tell me were the problem is. It's not just this year it's every year.

BTW - Their Girls teams are better but could argue they also under preform. They have graduated some of the best College players and only have 1 State Championship. This year's team is stacked with 11 D1 players. Anything short of a Suffolk, LI or State Championship will be a disappointment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good time! Good time!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just got off the Phone with Joe Lombardi - he wants to know who you are, he is very interested to find out who the stunad is that reads pay subscription blogs and then posts it anonymously on another site while completely missing that point of the article. jealous much?

What was the point of the article. A kid scores the most incredible HS goal ever seen and the kid who throws the inbounds pass gets the ink. Lol. I think that people are just tired of the self promotion. Kids a good kid and a good player yet he gets the ink over the kid that actually scores the greatest HS goal. What school is the kid who scored the goal going to and what's his number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, it's the offense, correct and the coaching, is that what you are saying? Just trying to understand, cause i looked at the stats of games and the defense seems pretty good. But the shot differential is very big in every game and Northport is on the negative side. Like the SW game, the shots were 31-9 which is ridiculous. The game was 13-1 so do the math. The goalie made 18 saves and the defense likely had the ball in their zone the bulk of the team to have so many shots on them. So yeah, I see the problem. You have an offense that doesn't know how to play together and likely that starts at the coaching level. If they are talented at the JV level, their is no reason why they shouldn't do well at the varsity level but if you aren't being coached and taught and running plays in this division, you aren't going to succeed.

Northport has one of the Biggest PAL Programs on Long Island. They have 2 Middle schools that usually do very well. They have 2 JV teams with their JV 1 almost always going undefeated or only losing 1 or 2 games a year. They get to Varsity and they always under preform and this year flat out stink losing 13 -1 to SW and 15-11 to Riverhead how lost to BBP. Watch them play, they don't move the ball at all. It's all 1v1 dodging/redodging, It looks like LAX from the 80's. Read this and tell me were the problem is. It's not just this year it's every year.

BTW - Their Girls teams are better but could argue they also under preform. They have graduated some of the best College players and only have 1 State Championship. This year's team is stacked with 11 D1 players. Anything short of a Suffolk, LI or State Championship will be a disappointment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the point of the article. A kid scores the most incredible HS goal ever seen and the kid who throws the inbounds pass gets the ink. Lol. I think that people are just tired of the self promotion. Kids a good kid and a good player yet he gets the ink over the kid that actually scores the greatest HS goal. What school is the kid who scored the goal going to and what's his number.

Kid that scored the goal is going to West Point and wears #1, and he also thinks your creepy obsession with his teammate and his teammates father is over the top....let it go Petro, he's just not that into Hopkins anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did he get the assist?

Like Reply Quote
Page 117 of 267 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard