BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 85 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some interesting results out there so far. Lots of blowouts.

Blowouts? Complete disaster for some. Loyalty will only get some to a certain point, then change is needed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was laxachusettes today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally think the express 22 kids they added puts them over the top as the best team. They are huge

And that's why they are playing 22 even though they are the same general age as our kids. They are the true D1 athletes, assuming they keep growing of course

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hands down the best post ever!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally think the express 22 kids they added puts them over the top as the best team. They are huge

And that's why they are playing 22 even though they are the same general age as our kids. They are the true D1 athletes, assuming they keep growing of course

Lol! Guy, they're playing 2022 because they're in 8th grade and graduating in 2022! You're hysterical! Listen, my son's team brought in 22's also, I'm not criticizing, but let's be real. Teams that don't take advantage of the age difference don't stand a shot in this tourney! My kid is a September birthday and if he played next year (he won't) he'd be a monster! Lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was laxachusettes today?

They were all driving their parents cars to Florida! They rely too heavily on one stud player and he turned 14 in November!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And after all this... 91 and Spallina aren't losing this year.

It could happen. They've lost before. They're not Crush. Odds are very much in their favor to win it all - but they aren't unbeatable.

Friend of mine said Spallina told him he felt express was best team that his 91 kids haven’t grown yet

There is no way those words came out of JS’s mouth.

I dunno. I heard him tell the Bandits that not one of them had the potential of Crush so they better work harder than Crush. True statement that he said it and his words were on point. They're still a great team but they will have to work hard to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drivers ed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyalty has nothing to do with getting beat by much better teams. Some just in over their head.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyalty has nothing to do with getting beat by much better teams. Some just in over their head.

It does when you never make room for better players because you’re loyalty to your current players that can’t play gets in the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does when you never make room for better players because you’re loyalty to your current players that can’t play gets in the way.

100% true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have read a lot of back and forth on here about True Blue. But, my God, they have three of the craziest coaches I have even seen in a chikd’s Sporting event. Non stop screaming at the top of their lungs, directed at their player, other team and refs. They were literally on the feild half of the time screaming. One coach kept running half way to the cage, screaming. There was no call the ref made that was correct in their eyes and the other team should have been man down the entire game according to them. . It was pretty shocking to see what was written on here in real life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo,s2s,91x2,express,trueblue... prob PT too

91x2, Express x2, igloo maybe s2s or pt

91 and Express 2nd teams are playing for 13th and 15th place respectively. Stop with the Long Island entitled bull

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol! Guy, they're playing 2022 because they're in 8th grade and graduating in 2022! You're hysterical! Listen, my son's team brought in 22's also, I'm not criticizing, but let's be real. Teams that don't take advantage of the age difference don't stand a shot in this tourney! My kid is a September birthday and if he played next year (he won't) he'd be a monster! Lol!

My 2023 plays 2022 all the time. And he will be graduating in 2023. You might be right about those kids but some kids choose to play up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hands down the best post ever!

BOTC Tourette post...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Was never a true age based tournament. It was a concept which has been corrupted. How many years has the Age cutoff switched? and Why did it move in different years. [/quote]

It's a one-year age window for eligibility - you can't really make an argument that it isn't "age-based"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have read a lot of back and forth on here about True Blue. But, my God, they have three of the craziest coaches I have even seen in a chikd’s Sporting event. Non stop screaming at the top of their lungs, directed at their player, other team and refs. They were literally on the feild half of the time screaming. One coach kept running half way to the cage, screaming. There was no call the ref made that was correct in their eyes and the other team should have been man down the entire game according to them. . It was pretty shocking to see what was written on here in real life.
have seen those coaches and parents in action, 2024 as well They blame everyone but themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have seen those coaches and parents in action, 2024 as well They blame everyone but themselves.

Sad that parents will allow their kids to be subjected to that treatment all in the name of winning at 13 yrs old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true.

Now add daddy coaches into the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious why anyone still pays big bucks to have their kids play on the big name b teams. Might as well stick to pal after this weekend’s performance. JMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No surprises today. Bandits, Express, Igloo and S2s ranking 1-4 in that order. Primetime proved to be a serious contender and earned the 5th seed.
Personally, I am over the Bandits. Let them sacrifice everything in their lives to be the best of the best (which they are for now). I actually hope they win in Denver, just to make everything they have lost out on in the rest of their lives mean something. They showed up today as usual; they were awesome, polished, and flawless. While the rest of the top teams were finding their barings, the Bandits were honed to July accuracy. We all know that it does not come without sacrifice. And we all know that at the end of the day, this all means nothing. This is 7th grade Lacrosse- the new normal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious why anyone still pays big bucks to have their kids play on the big name b teams. Might as well stick to pal after this weekend’s performance. JMHO

Or play a less expensive B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I have read a lot of back and forth on here about True Blue. But, my God, they have three of the craziest coaches I have even seen in a chikd’s Sporting event. Non stop screaming at the top of their lungs, directed at their player, other team and refs. They were literally on the feild half of the time screaming. One coach kept running half way to the cage, screaming. There was no call the ref made that was correct in their eyes and the other team should have been man down the entire game according to them. . It was pretty shocking to see what was written on here in real life.

The kids and parents love him. Why do you guys care so much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great weekend of lacrosse. Saw some really competitive games... Now you can see why all of the previous winners came out of the Long Island Region. Play on age and no region comes close!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said no one ever...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 90+1 parent but hey are legit, no team at the 2023 age group has a shot. Express A with all there cheating ways will always do well but still can't beat 90+1. Igloo looked pretty good thought they would play better and S2S is better then I thought. My sons team competed played in every game went 3-3. They absolutely can't compete with the aforementioned teams. Good luck to all during the travel season. I would 100% be surprised if anyone beats 90+1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy for the Cold Sprong Harbor Igloo Dad thay the finished 2nd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 90+1 parent but hey are legit, no team at the 2023 age group has a shot. Express A with all there cheating ways will always do well but still can't beat 90+1. Igloo looked pretty good thought they would play better and S2S is better then I thought. My sons team competed played in every game went 3-3. They absolutely can't compete with the aforementioned teams. Good luck to all during the travel season. I would 100% be surprised if anyone beats 90+1.

S2S is doing something right. So impressed with them this weekend. I am curious to see if they can make something great out of their second team and other age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I have read a lot of back and forth on here about True Blue. But, my God, they have three of the craziest coaches I have even seen in a chikd’s Sporting event. Non stop screaming at the top of their lungs, directed at their player, other team and refs. They were literally on the feild half of the time screaming. One coach kept running half way to the cage, screaming. There was no call the ref made that was correct in their eyes and the other team should have been man down the entire game according to them. . It was pretty shocking to see what was written on here in real life.

Oh, sorry, you think people care. That’s sweet. Nobody cares don’t worry. I think it’s just the shock of watching grown men, not yell, but lose complete control of their facilities during a kids game. But, carry on, love them. Till the next sideline show they put on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great behavior by the parent is S2S challenging igloo parents and the director of the tournament to a fight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very happy to see people giving credit were credit is due. The top 2 teams are the top 2 teams. 3,-6 is "any given Sunday". Some teams have 7th grade players ineligible due to the ever changing birth cut off, and it hurts them big time. Even if they are NOT "hold backs" (I hate that term), USA Lacrosse needs to get a hold of this showcase disaster with no real rules. But, LI has serious talent, even though no college coach is looking at them at this age.
Good Luck this season. Enjoy watching your son make friends and develop skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great behavior by the parent is S2S challenging igloo parents and the director of the tournament to a fight

What!? What happened to start this? Parents need to relax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What!? What happened to start this? Parents need to relax!

The igloo coach said something uncalled for to the parents son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats and good luck to all the teams that qualified! But for me me I can't justify spending 6 grand when we all know what team is gonna win it all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would of been nice if our team was more competitive this weekend during the tournament, but honestly we just don't have the talent nor the commitment to be one of the top teams, which made the weekend even more miserable. On top of it feeling like mid February opposed to spring outdoors. Nonetheless, I would of been really pissed if a miracle had happened, some how we placed 6th and I was sitting here making reservations for Denver on July 4th weekend to watch 7th grade lacrosse and deal with the non sense of some parents, only for our team to get knocked out of the running by the second day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would of been nice if our team was more competitive this weekend during the tournament, but honestly we just don't have the talent nor the commitment to be one of the top teams, which made the weekend even more miserable. On top of it feeling like mid February opposed to spring outdoors. Nonetheless, I would of been really pissed if a miracle had happened, some how we placed 6th and I was sitting here making reservations for Denver on July 4th weekend to watch 7th grade lacrosse and deal with the non sense of some parents, only for our team to get knocked out of the running by the second day.

If you knew your team didn't have the talent why would your coach even put the kids through it. Hoping for some miracle? Why as a parent if you were against it, would let their kid play? You have choices here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because our kids have to listen to him whenever we play True Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because our kids have to listen to him whenever we play True Blue.

So true. It's so annoying to listen to him. He thinks he's a D1 coach. He really needs his ego checked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think his ego got checked this weekend. Luckily they didn't have to play Igloo, Express or Bandits. Maybe now all the "we are a top AA team" stuff can go away. You're a good team but to compare yourselves to the top of this age group is crazy.

Page 68 of 85 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard