BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 56 of 64 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks 22 team is full of holdbacks. Just ask the on age kids that are getting replaced by the older boys. Coach drives around in linex ex covered truck with a fake claymore mind on the bumper. Complete hammerhead.

Someone has a crush. #laxstalker

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STFU with this holdback crap. Same BS year after year. No one but a couple whiney parents care. Go find a safe space or stage a walkout or something.

You are the one who created “safe space” for your son by holding him back. U for youth lacrosse simple as that. Sorry your safe space environment won’t work out for you now that early recruiting has ended.

If you think that college coaches will stop recruiting due to the changes in the rules you are stupid. Players wont be able to commit but they will continue to talk to the coaches and will have a good idea where they plan to commit when its time. College coaches will still want the older freshman and most will find success at the college level. Just ask Petro next time you see him at a Koopers game. He is a huge fan of re-classed players.

You made this up as he hates the holdback game. If he likes it so much, why didn't he hold his boys back when they came to BL? He thinks early recruiting was terrible as offering kids in 8th and 9th grade was like rolling dice on if they would be good come college.

And per the new rules coaches can't talk to the coaches at all unless they are on campus and there are to be no dicussions of offers or anything other than the college coach can tell the players high school or club coach of "general interest".

Have you seen his roster? He certainly does not hate holdbacks and has used it to his advantage from day 1! He didn't have to hold his kids back , they are already older than everyone else.

I didn't say he didn't participate in early recruiting. Everyone did which is why they stopped it. I said he did not agree with it. His boys are not older, they are on age for 2022. They were born in 9/2003. Stop making things up which you have no clue about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 22 team is full of holdbacks. Just ask the on age kids that are getting replaced by the older boys. Coach drives around in linex ex covered truck with a fake claymore mind on the bumper. Complete hammerhead.

Someone has a crush. #laxstalker

Sounds like a man crush. Everyone wants to be with a winner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 will be in HS next year where they will be playing against kids two and three years older. Get over your holdback hangups. The don’t exist in 5 more months. Y’all are a bunch of crybabies. Funny crybabies, I will give you that.

No the only crybabies wimps are people like you who couldnt have his son compete against other kids his own age in YOUTH lacrosse.

You wimps love to try to tie HS School lacrosse with youth lacrosse . Two completely different things except to wimps like you who cant have their child compete against same age children.

Wimps?Big words on an anonymous site. What makes you think my kid is a holdback ? Do you think everyone that is not a holdback agrees with you? Think again ! Some of us actually don't give a hoot and completely agree to play along side and against anyone in the this league. My bet my son is younger than yours and would whip your kid just like he does the holdbacks. Save your name calling for the sideline so you can get some real attention !

I see. Only tough guys like you are allowed to insult. You are funny, I will give you that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 will be in HS next year where they will be playing against kids two and three years older. Get over your holdback hangups. The don’t exist in 5 more months. Y’all are a bunch of crybabies. Funny crybabies, I will give you that.

No the only crybabies wimps are people like you who couldnt have his son compete against other kids his own age in YOUTH lacrosse.

You wimps love to try to tie HS School lacrosse with youth lacrosse . Two completely different things except to wimps like you who cant have their child compete against same age children.

I have a daughter, not a son, and she is on age and plays with girls 2 and 3 years older than her. She doesn't cry about it. She works hard to earn her time, and gets it.
There are holdbacks on the girls side too. But not nearly the amount of crying as the boys side. That's what's really funny. And you are funny. Calling someone a wimp behind the name anonymous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dont think he Deserves anything, he earned it by not complaing all through rec when he was younger. I never told him it is a disadvantge to be younger or that "it's ok the other kids are older". I kept encourging and just enjoying watching him compete wether he had a good game or got beaten down by those "older kids". I never complained about Sept 1 date line.

YOu seem obsessed with this Holdback thing. It is part of the sport and its not just a few, it is increasingly normal for a child to be 14 in Eighth Grade.

It sounds like you are missing out on watching your kid play and worrying about every other kid that you perceive is a hold back on the field because he looks big, fast etc. Just like you come on here a bash other clubs and parents when i know you have no idea the age of every kid on every Elite team in HOCO. Enjoy this time because it ends pretty quick. Again if your kid is truly talented them he will get noticed in high school and have a shot at playing D1. Not sure what else would bother you because i hope NOBODYon here is hoping their kids future is professional Lacrosse.

Just like Most parents reason for holdbacks is helping them academically in high school, more mature and able to handle things...but i do realize a few are doing it for the sport and that is not something i would choose but to do but i am not worried about their children just my own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a daughter, not a son, and she is on age and plays with girls 2 and 3 years older than her. She doesn't cry about it. She works hard to earn her time, and gets it.
There are holdbacks on the girls side too. But not nearly the amount of crying as the boys side. That's what's really funny. And you are funny. Calling someone a wimp behind the name anonymous.

First, it is strange that someone who does not have a son in the 2022 age group would be posting more than a few times in a 2022 group but??? I think the issue people have with age differences may have merit but it is not addressed in the rules of the HOCO league. However, this weekend is the WSYL for the 2023 group and it does not include many of the teams in MD. This is clearly due to the age restrictions. I hear some claim money but hard to justify with teams of future Landon/Bullis kids. The movement to create more age based tournaments is growing and this will address the issue the same way the changes to early recruiting ended much of the debates on that topic on message boards like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STFU with this holdback crap. Same BS year after year. No one but a couple whiney parents care. Go find a safe space or stage a walkout or something.

You are the one who created “safe space” for your son by holding him back. U for youth lacrosse simple as that. Sorry your safe space environment won’t work out for you now that early recruiting has ended.

If you think that college coaches will stop recruiting due to the changes in the rules you are stupid. Players wont be able to commit but they will continue to talk to the coaches and will have a good idea where they plan to commit when its time. College coaches will still want the older freshman and most will find success at the college level. Just ask Petro next time you see him at a Koopers game. He is a huge fan of re-classed players.

You made this up as he hates the holdback game. If he likes it so much, why didn't he hold his boys back when they came to BL? He thinks early recruiting was terrible as offering kids in 8th and 9th grade was like rolling dice on if they would be good come college.

And per the new rules coaches can't talk to the coaches at all unless they are on campus and there are to be no dicussions of offers or anything other than the college coach can tell the players high school or club coach of "general interest".

Have you seen his roster? He certainly does not hate holdbacks and has used it to his advantage from day 1! He didn't have to hold his kids back , they are already older than everyone else.

I didn't say he didn't participate in early recruiting. Everyone did which is why they stopped it. I said he did not agree with it. His boys are not older, they are on age for 2022. They were born in 9/2003. Stop making things up which you have no clue about.

i know what i heard from the coaches mouth along with other parents. unless he has a twin like his boys.

Some on here will claim that his boys having a 9/2003 dob makes the hold-backs. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, it is strange that someone who does not have a son in the 2022 age group would be posting more than a few times in a 2022 group but??? I think the issue people have with age differences may have merit but it is not addressed in the rules of the HOCO league. However, this weekend is the WSYL for the 2023 group and it does not include many of the teams in MD. This is clearly due to the age restrictions. I hear some claim money but hard to justify with teams of future Landon/Bullis kids. The movement to create more age based tournaments is growing and this will address the issue the same way the changes to early recruiting ended much of the debates on that topic on message boards like this.

Is the 2022 age group the only one you read?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And calling someone a crybaby behind the anonymous name is ok ?? Hilarious .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
Dont think he Deserves anything, he earned it by not complaing all through rec when he was younger. I never told him it is a disadvantge to be younger or that "it's ok the other kids are older". I kept encourging and just enjoying watching him compete wether he had a good game or got beaten down by those "older kids". I never complained about Sept 1 date line.

YOu seem obsessed with this Holdback thing. It is part of the sport and its not just a few, it is increasingly normal for a child to be 14 in Eighth Grade.

It sounds like you are missing out on watching your kid play and worrying about every other kid that you perceive is a hold back on the field because he looks big, fast etc. Just like you come on here a bash other clubs and parents when i know you have no idea the age of every kid on every Elite team in HOCO. Enjoy this time because it ends pretty quick. Again if your kid is truly talented them he will get noticed in high school and have a shot at playing D1. Not sure what else would bother you because i hope NOBODYon here is hoping their kids future is professional Lacrosse.

Just like Most parents reason for holdbacks is helping them academically in high school, more mature and able to handle things...but i do realize a few are doing it for the sport and that is not something i would choose but to do but i am not worried about their children just my own.

Once again you miss the whole point. Youth sports should be aged based. Grade based without age restrictions, allows select kids to get an advantage. That goes against all that youth sports stands for. Really a very simple concept that all major youth sports have adopted.
And this " its part of the sport " is only a few years old. Maybe you dont understand that part either. I and many others think it is wrong for youth sports and should switch back to the way it was for 50 years prior. . There were several reasons that Youth lacrosse needed to go grade based a few years ago. ER was the main one . Thats gone.

Your knowledge of me and others like me is incredible. You might want to hold off opening a fortune telling shop. ; )

High School has been grade based always. . And even HS has some restrictions on age at the end of HS. But its a four year spread and its played by players that have reached puberty for the most part. Look at the HS forums. Very little chatter on older players. High School teams and Youth teams are completely different as many have stated earlier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hawks 22 team is full of holdbacks. Just ask the on age kids that are getting replaced by the older boys.

Seems like this guy has the coach on his mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think the advantage is so great in this YOUTH elite division in this league then don't sign up for it! There is a ton of club teams across the country who don't have an issue with it. Plenty of other divisions to pick from. In fact a division for every skill level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think the advantage is so great in this YOUTH elite division in this league then don't sign up for it! There is a ton of club teams across the country who don't have an issue with it. Plenty of other divisions to pick from. In fact a division for every skill level.

Yeah! This is the holdback division. Get with the program.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Let's go back 50 years??? Unfortunately it's all about money and obviously everyone is buying in including you. If you don't like it you can stay in rec or join a club team in a lesser division.

You know what you get with Club lacrosse , start your own out start a petition if you feel so strongly but coming on here and vilifying parents is doing nothing for you or your children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to put this in perspective.....would you think it's fair for a child in say 6th grade to wrestle some other kid 1 1\2 to 2 years older but through puberty already? They're in the same weight class. And with being a hold back now they're in the same grade. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But this is exactly what is going on in youth lacrosse. And I know this is an 8th grade forum, it's just used as an example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's go back 50 years??? Unfortunately it's all about money and obviously everyone is buying in including you. If you don't like it you can stay in rec or join a club team in a lesser division.

You know what you get with Club lacrosse , start your own out start a petition if you feel so strongly but coming on here and vilifying parents is doing nothing for you or your children.

You seem to not understand anything that is being put in front of you. " Lets go back 50 years " who said that? Only you. Lacrosse has been age based for that last 50 years prior to JUST a few years ago when the need arose by ER and the clubs expansion. That along with HOCO being run by a MIAA parent who had vested interest in making lacrosse grade based. Even tho all other HoCO leagues were and still are aged based. You ever wonder why only the Howard County Lacrosse League is grade based and all other youth sports leagues are age based in Howard County Rec Dep ?? Probably not. Howard County Recreation Department should get the award for ruining youth lacrosse in Maryland.

Who is vilifying any parent?? Another straw man by you. I think the youth system is wrong and will continue to voice my opinion and continue to write to any agency that has an impact on youth lacrosse.

The largest sport in the world soccer had so many issues with grade base years ago that it went entirely to a simple age base system for all members. Youth Baseball at the High level is Age based. Youth Football is age based. Youth BB AAU is age based at youth mainly now. They have a grade based at youth which has so much acrimony that it is being phased out in the next few years at youth level. Many U14 and under youth tournaments are only aged based now.

But keep telling me how Youth Lacrosse is special and we need grade based teams. Or that I can go play Rec. I care about the sport and you seem to care about you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i know what i heard from the coaches mouth along with other parents. unless he has a twin like his boys.

Some on here will claim that his boys having a 9/2003 dob makes the hold-backs. .

When the date cutoff for school is 9/1, explain to me how boys born in 9/2003 are holdbacks if they are in 8th grade right now? This is the Maryland Forum. I know LI has a different date, but even they can't say the boys are holdbacks when they are in line with state law.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Increasingly normal for a child to be 14 in 8th grade? Hasn't it always been? On age kids turn 14 during 8th grade. So anyone born between 9/1/2003 and today would be on age and also 14 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to put this in perspective.....would you think it's fair for a child in say 6th grade to wrestle some other kid 1 1\2 to 2 years older but through puberty already? They're in the same weight class. And with being a hold back now they're in the same grade. I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But this is exactly what is going on in youth lacrosse. And I know this is an 8th grade forum, it's just used as an example.

kids do wrestle kids that are 2 or 3 years older, happens all of the time. before the advent of the club spring leagues the rec leagues in our area were broken into 2 year windows, clinic, peewee, midg and juniors....somehow the boys survived having to play against kids a year older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did you like the game DG?
12-2 buddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax still owns Crabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from early games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax still owns Crabs

Madlax win?
What were the other results?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax still owns Crabs

Madlax win?

All that matters is that Crabs lost.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
10-7 Madlax... good game till 4th period. Madlax looked like they wanted it more getting more of the 50/50 ball's. Crabs played sloppy, could not execute with a lot of unforced turnovers on the offensive end.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
10-7 Madlax... good game till 4th period. Madlax looked like they wanted it more getting more of the 50/50 ball's. Crabs played sloppy, could not execute with a lot of unforced turnovers on the offensive end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax still owns Crabs

Madlax win?

All that matters is that Crabs lost.

Koopers 8 MD91 3. Really great game of lacrosse. Both teams played awesome defense. Koopers midfield defense and offensive "pace" were the difference in the game.

Also got to watch Hawks/Diamondbacks. Hawks have just too many weapons. Play at a nice pace and ran several set pieces to perfection. Diamondbacks gave a good effort but fell behind when smaller d-poles and middies on the field. Gotta be big and strong to compete with Hawks, Koopers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR 6 to 3
Good game RR controlled the ball most of the game
Goalie and D for RR had a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently you don’t have a son that wrestles at an “elite” level. Go to McDonogh Duals sometime. I’m sorry to say the same thing is happening in wrestling. Soccer might be the only one with player cards with birthdates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently you don’t have a son that wrestles at an “elite” level. Go to McDonogh Duals sometime. I’m sorry to say the same thing is happening in wrestling. Soccer might be the only one with player cards with birthdates.

Your perspective means crap - please stop posting on this forum about something you think might be relevant. Have you ever been to a wrestling tournament? Also, there is an entire forum for those that want to voice their prospective about holdbacks and all that is wrong with youth lacrosse.
This forum is for those who actually like and enjoy watching their kids play against anyone that is in front of them. Win or lose. The day that holdback parents and the parents that cry foul after agreeing to pay and play with holdbacks learn that WINNING is just part of the game. Better start teaching your kids how to lose. Lacrosse teaches much more. It is a real shame that the parents can't let go for just a second to let their kid learn how to win and lose.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes well said, go to another forum or thread, this is for talking about games. Go talk to head of youth lacrosse or whom ever it is that governs this league and complain to them about how unfair life is..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game 2 Predictions - What you got?

Madlax - Capital vs. Crabs ----------------------------------------------------------------Madlax in a battle
API Diamondbacks vs. Annapolis Hawks - Green-----------------------------------Hawks BIG
Koopers vs. Team 91------------------------------------------------------------------------Koopers by 3
Roughriders vs. FCA - Blue----------------------------------------------------------------RR BIG

NOT BAD

Game 3 Predictions coming soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes well said, go to another forum or thread, this is for talking about games. Go talk to head of youth lacrosse or whom ever it is that governs this league and complain to them about how unfair life is..

I agree - Step away from the computer and spend more time with your son. No excuses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kids do wrestle kids that are 2 or 3 years older, happens all of the time. before the advent of the club spring leagues the rec leagues in our area were broken into 2 year windows, clinic, peewee, midg and juniors....somehow the boys survived having to play against kids a year older

Spot on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Predictions - Getting easier and more games are played.

Friday Game 3
Team 91 vs. FCA - Blue---------------------------------------------------------------------Team 91 BIG
Roughriders vs. Annapolis Hawks - Green---------------------------------------------Hawks in a battle
Koopers vs. API Diamondbacks-----------------------------------------------------------Koopers BIG

Saturday Game 4
DC Express - Black vs. Crabs--------------------------------------------------------------Crabs in a battle
API Diamondbacks vs. FCA - Blue--------------------------------------------------------API gets first win
Koopers vs. Roughriders---------------------------------------------------------------------Koopers in a battle
Annapolis Hawks - Green vs. Team 91---------------------------------------------------Hawks BIG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API has given up 25 goals in 2 games. They need to stop listening to criticism about playing zone if they want a chance to win. The goalies are not good enough.

Heard that 2 of the API coaches were arguing amongst each other on the sideline yesterday. Telling each other to shut up. NOT good for the players. Its time for them to move on from the old coach. He isn't the head coach anymore but is still on the sidelines running the team. What are his credentials?

They probably should have moved to AA like Next Level, Cannons and Club Blue. Gonna be a LOOOOOONG spring season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API has given up 25 goals in 2 games. They need to stop listening to criticism about playing zone if they want a chance to win. The goalies are not good enough.

Heard that 2 of the API coaches were arguing amongst each other on the sideline yesterday. Telling each other to shut up. NOT good for the players. Its time for them to move on from the old coach. He isn't the head coach anymore but is still on the sidelines running the team. What are his credentials?

They probably should have moved to AA like Next Level, Cannons and Club Blue. Gonna be a LOOOOOONG spring season.

You heard? What are his credentials ? Are you serious? So you were not at the game? You mean besides the fact they are one of the most winning 2022 teams in the country. They won a lot and won many championships. They won a lot of games last year and did very well at WSYL. Say what you want but he is also a dad just like almost every other head coach for this age group up until last year with the exception of the Crabs. He also took a step back with the hope it would help the team. They have new coaching, what else do you want to see happen? Sounds like you have a direct issue with him. If you are not part of the team than your post is very creepy and disturbing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard? What are his credentials ? Are you serious? So you were not at the game? You mean besides the fact they are one of the most winning 2022 teams in the country. They won a lot and won many championships. They won a lot of games last year and did very well at WSYL. Say what you want but he is also a dad just like almost every other head coach for this age group up until last year with the exception of the Crabs. He also took a step back with the hope it would help the team. They have new coaching, what else do you want to see happen? Sounds like you have a direct issue with him. If you are not part of the team than your post is very creepy and disturbing.

Are you saying that the coaches weren't having an issue? I wasn't there but people talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

12-2 good buddy

Page 56 of 64 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard