BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,638
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 85 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Were you waiting all week to post that. Sounds well planned. Probably written on monday. Probably tweaked it on Tuesday and Wednesday , typed it on computer this morning and couldn't wait to launch it to the BOTC world today.

Why take a harmless post which was meant in jest and pokes a little fun at LI stereotypes and is factually correct given AJ is arguably the best if not one of the best ever midfielders (forget LI) and be a jerk? I don't think you can help yourself but it is only so funny before your of your fellow dads flips your red solo cup and knocks you on your butt.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are teams with older kids (LIE, Igloo, S2S) thinking they can qualify for the WSYL? Do they have to leave these kids off for qualifiers? Each one of those teams have major influencers that don't make the cutoff. Not putting a blame on anyone for anything, just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any of the teams even been outdoors ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are teams with older kids (LIE, Igloo, S2S) thinking they can qualify for the WSYL? Do they have to leave these kids off for qualifiers? Each one of those teams have major influencers that don't make the cutoff. Not putting a blame on anyone for anything, just curious.

They are simply playing without any of the kids that don't qualify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T minus 48 hours until the first blood is drawn at Cantiauge Park. Thirteen year old lacrosse rock stars will be pulling up their Under Armor in order to brave the driving snow of central Long Island. Bottle tans will run down the face of legendary coaches, leaving strains of orange and tan. Pale skin red headed coaches will be driving their legions into battle against inferior foes. The greatest Midfielder in Long Island history will try to prove his mettle as a u13 coach. The Manhasset/Rockville Center kids will have to leave their Vineyard Vines behind, hoping beyond hope that their Dads do not drink ALL of the hot cocoa. Second teams from the top programs are wishing for a miracle, which can only happen in blizzard conditions. South Shore Daddy's with their tattooed extremities will simply be wearing their usual tank tops and cut-off jeans, as if 35 degree weather was just like a July day at Field 6. Teams from upstate NY will feel like they are at home, destroying any home field advantage the Long Island teams could have hoped for. One could cut the tension with a knife.

Play on young men. Prove everyone wrong. Make sure that all of your team practice, private lessons and wall ball pay off. May the best 4 or is it 6 teams qualify. Fair thee well, my youngsters. It is only snow, rain, sleet, hail, freezing rain, gale force winds. Remember what your PAL coaches told you, "if you don't like the rain, play baseball!"

Best post ever!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any of the teams even been outdoors ?

My younger sons club is going 2 days per week and my 7th graders club can't even get a schedule out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol Warrior all American invites went out... What a joke... Long Island is going to go 0-fer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol Warrior all American invites went out... What a joke... Long Island is going to go 0-fer

Suprised they had enough to field a team. I'll be shocked if more than 14 kids are actually signed up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suprised they had enough to field a team. I'll be shocked if more than 14 kids are actually signed up.

Come on, there are plenty of red cup daddies that want to brag their kid made the AA team... they can’t make a team going to Denver, so they do this. GB knows that LI dads will spend tons of money on lacrosse especially if their kid is a B player. Oh wait, only on a B team because A team politics... SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If only it were that simple. They are filling those spots with 2022's that fit in the age cutoff. They are well within the rules to do so, so this is not a gripe; however, it kind of goes against what the tourney was supposed to be though, doesn't it? This was about playing teams without all of the holdback issues, but now there will be, at minimum, 4 teams (the aforementioned, plus Legacy) from LI alone (who knows what the rest of the North teams are doing) that are bringing in 8th graders to try to win. Also, the rules clearly state that all players on the qualifier roster must play with the team in at least 2 other tournaments besides the qualifier and the WSYL. I highly doubt that any these teams will do that considering they would need to play in the 2022 divisions of those tournaments. Before you jump down my throat saying "sorry your kid isn't good enough to go to Denver", he will be going. His team is the 2nd or 3rd best in the grade and his team is bringing on extra players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, there are plenty of red cup daddies that want to brag their kid made the AA team... they can’t make a team going to Denver, so they do this. GB knows that LI dads will spend tons of money on lacrosse especially if their kid is a B player. Oh wait, only on a B team because A team politics... SMH

You’re a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If only it were that simple. They are filling those spots with 2022's that fit in the age cutoff. They are well within the rules to do so, so this is not a gripe; however, it kind of goes against what the tourney was supposed to be though, doesn't it? This was about playing teams without all of the holdback issues, but now there will be, at minimum, 4 teams (the aforementioned, plus Legacy) from LI alone (who knows what the rest of the North teams are doing) that are bringing in 8th graders to try to win. Also, the rules clearly state that all players on the qualifier roster must play with the team in at least 2 other tournaments besides the qualifier and the WSYL. I highly doubt that any these teams will do that considering they would need to play in the 2022 divisions of those tournaments. Before you jump down my throat saying "sorry your kid isn't good enough to go to Denver", he will be going. His team is the 2nd or 3rd best in the grade and his team is bringing on extra players.

You don't get it....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks TB, dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure there is enough depth on those three teams to replace the 1 or 2 kids that are not age qualified. Hope that settles your curiosity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop the whining & complaining. First, you wanted an age based tourney , now you want an age & grade tourney , eventually you'll want an age , grade , height & weight tourney. Stop looking for excuses as to why your sons' team lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't get it....

Please elaborate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure there is enough depth on those three teams to replace the 1 or 2 kids that are not age qualified. Hope that settles your curiosity.

C'mon, Dad. Your team is stacking its roster with 22's to make up for the players that are too old. And with the exception of the Bandits, all of the other top teams are carrying 3-4 kids who don't make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C'mon, Dad. Your team is stacking its roster with 22's to make up for the players that are too old. And with the exception of the Bandits, all of the other top teams are carrying 3-4 kids who don't make it.

Stacking it's roster ? Like I said - 1 or 2 kids. Seems like you're already looking for excuses if your sons' team gets beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exception of the Bandits???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]lol Warrior all American invites went out... What a joke... Long Island is going to go 0-fer

Come on, there are plenty of daddies that want to brag their kid made the AA team... they can’t make a team going to Denver, so they do this. GB knows that LI dads will spend tons of money on lacrosse especially if their kid is a B player. Oh wait, only on a B team because A team politics... SMH

I guess we know your son is on a B team.. With the kids they took, it should be the Warrior Not-All-American Games...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't get it....

Please elaborate.

It's an age based tournament.. end of conversation. If you want to gripe/ not gripe look what the other regions are doing with clubs having tryouts for WSYL only teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North will send 6 teams from this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo,s2s,91x2,express,trueblue... prob PT too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the way this winter has gone there isn’t going to be much that can be made from this weekend. Most teams haven’t even been outside it’ll be interesting but I know that all these teams will look much better in a few months

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo,s2s,91x2,express,trueblue... prob PT too

91x2, Express x2, igloo maybe s2s or pt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
s2s 100% in goona shock some peeps tomorrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
s2s 100% in goona shock some peeps tomorrow

goona think be same team as always.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the way this winter has gone there isn’t going to be much that can be made from this weekend. Most teams haven’t even been outside it’ll be interesting but I know that all these teams will look much better in a few months

Speak for yourself! How do you know which teams have and have not been outside yet??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am confused- there are only a very few, very young for their grade 2022’s that would make the age cut off for WSYL. That doesn’t make any sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't get it....

Please elaborate.

It's an age based tournament.. end of conversation. If you want to gripe/ not gripe look what the other regions are doing with clubs having tryouts for WSYL only teams.

Was never a true age based tournament. It was a concept which has been corrupted. How many years has the Age cutoff switched? and Why did it move in different years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't get it....

Please elaborate.

Exactly, my 2022er is born in October and would play in a second. He is not. Be he can. Why? It's not grade based, it's actually the fairest tourney out there. In fact, I am shocked that all clubs don't have a separate team. It's another revenue stream. Sorry you can't debate it. If a team is flowing the rules, it's done. Conversation over. Just like when NLF or Millon holds their national tourney it's grade and rosters will be slightly different. And any planned 8th grade repeater is now a 2023, then he he plays in the WYSL or US Lax nationals in August as a U13. And after all this... 91 and Spallina aren't losing this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And after all this... 91 and Spallina aren't losing this year.

It could happen. They've lost before. They're not Crush. Odds are very much in their favor to win it all - but they aren't unbeatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you hate it don't you! Exposes all the older boys who are using the system to look bigger/better/faster when really they're just older. Those 22's who are on age 23's are the real studs and I'm glad to see them have a chance to compete on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some interesting results out there so far. Lots of blowouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It could happen. They've lost before. They're not Crush. Odds are very much in their favor to win it all - but they aren't unbeatable.

Friend of mine said Spallina told him he felt express was best team that his 91 kids haven’t grown yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you hate it don't you! Exposes all the older boys who are using the system to look bigger/better/faster when really they're just older. Those 22's who are on age 23's are the real studs and I'm glad to see them have a chance to compete on age.

Age based.....seems appropriate to me that anyone born after the cutoff should have the chance to participate. My sons team did not fair well....oh well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age based.....seems appropriate to me that anyone born after the cutoff should have the chance to participate. My sons team did not fair well....oh well.

There were many teams that didn't do well today. The top teams were on top and everyone else proved they were out of their league. Express and Igloo B teams shouldn't have bothered. I am a little surprised at the Warriors. The Leg a C dsd that was beating his chest will have to come up with a good excuse for their performance today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally think the express 22 kids they added puts them over the top as the best team. They are huge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And a friend of my cousins neighbor just gave me the winning powerball #s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friend of mine said Spallina told him he felt express was best team that his 91 kids haven’t grown yet

There is no way those words came out of JS’s mouth.

Page 67 of 85 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard