BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 55 of 64 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18-6 Never forget

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
18-6 Never forget

Should be 18/6. 18 practices over the last 6 days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game 2 Predictions - What you got?

Madlax - Capital vs. Crabs ----------------------------------------------------------------Madlax in a battle
API Diamondbacks vs. Annapolis Hawks - Green-----------------------------------Hawks BIG
Koopers vs. Team 91------------------------------------------------------------------------Koopers by 3
Roughriders vs. FCA - Blue----------------------------------------------------------------RR BIG

Crabs kill Madlax 10-5 as RM has gone National with this team, Hawks beat API by 6-8, Don't know about the Koopers-91 team as the rosters are in flux (which out of state ringer shows or doesn't), RR and FCA is a push. Both teams struggled in week 1.

Crabs win easily as all starting players have their drivers license now, No more missed games due to driver education. Crabs stomp Madlax. Madlax owner has meltdown and calls entire team a bunch of ungrateful quitters. Crabs 18 Madlax 2

Several Hawks holdbacks get into a fender benders with Crabs players leaving their game and cant make game. API destroys them. Mass confusion as referees are confused if it is the Hawks or API that won. Players get confused on what team they play for. Mayhem breaks lose as Buggs goes nuts. Refs throw up hands and game declared a tie 0-0

Team 91 Brilliant Head Coach has Several large Italians on sidelines threatening broken arms. Koopers leave immediately and forfeit game. Team 91 decides to play Team 91 that has flown in for the day. Team 91MD 10 Team91 Texas/Fl/Ga/NC/ 10 Official score for HOCO
Team 91 1, Koopers 0 Forfiet.

FCA Blue has entire starting lineup of players named Kelly. RR's claim several look like they are in college. Coach Kelly tells them that the big man in the sky says it is ok to play, then they play. FCA 41 RR 1

Another great day of lacrosse in the toughest division in youth lacrosse.

Hilarious, except I doubt there would be “mass confusion” during the Hawks vs API game. Pretty sure there are only 2-3 holdbacks on the Hawks team so they would still earn an easy win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18-6 Never forget

Should be 18/6. 18 practices over the last 6 days.

The teams commitment to excellence is unreal. You should join next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious, except I doubt there would be “mass confusion” during the Hawks vs API game. Pretty sure there are only 2-3 holdbacks on the Hawks team so they would still earn an easy win.
[/quote]

Please...maybe 2-3x more than other teams, but certainly not just 2-3 holdbacks on that team. Hawks are some of the biggest offenders.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please...maybe 2-3x more than other teams, but certainly not just 2-3 holdbacks on that team. Hawks are some of the biggest offenders. [/quote]
Might want to check your sources because they are wrong. Laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling for good weather this weekend. All flights at BWI on time should be no problems getting all players to games on time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please...maybe 2-3x more than other teams, but certainly not just 2-3 holdbacks on that team. Hawks are some of the biggest offenders. [/quote]

Ridiculous statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding's JV lax team beat Dematha 5-2, beat SM Ryken 18-2, and beat Gonzaga 7-1 . . . they played the 2022 Hawks this past weekend and only beat them 9-7.

8th grade teams don't stand a chance vs the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding's JV lax team beat Dematha 5-2, beat SM Ryken 18-2, and beat Gonzaga 7-1 . . . they played the 2022 Hawks this past weekend and only beat them 9-7.

Because the Hawks 2022 players should all be in high school.

Hope you feel good beating up on younger kids. So proud.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - Its called great coaching and PRACTICE. You know that thing that people on this forum think the Hawks do too much. If all of the players should be HS they wouldn't need to practice so much to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Certainly not just 2-3 on API.
Why don't you tell us exactly how many on each and every team in the the Elite league. Sounds like you are deflecting from the API offenders!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - Its called great coaching and PRACTICE. You know that thing that people on this forum think the Hawks do too much. If all of the players should be HS they wouldn't need to practice so much to win.

So should API, Crabs, 91 , RR, FCA - all these teams have holdbacks- not affiliated with Hawks at all but the hypocrisy in this site is comical. Do you feel good bashing a team anonymously? If your kid is in the Elite league then you agreed to what the league is. Remember these players all know each other and know exactly how many holdbacks are on each team and that number is comparable across the board for Elite teams. Calling out 1 team sounds like you are a bitter sore loser that hates the decision he made for himself and kid. Also, the anonymous post on here are just that, more often than not, posters are done by the same * as yourself to try and bash a team you clearly have issues with

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is considered a Holdback anyway? My kid did preK holdback and done because of maturity reasons. What parent at that age even knows what sport or if kid will even play sports at a high level?

if they repeat 8th grade because they have the money and show talent then what are you going to do. Families might need scholarships to get through college so cant knock them but if its not about that and you have the money go ahead. I would not do it personally but people have their reasons. I would hope for academics since there is no future in Lacrosse beyond High school.

So my kid is 14 and will graduate 8th grade being 14. That seems pretty normal with his peers or am I wrong? Now he has summer birthday so for half the summer tournaments he will turn 15. again this seems pretty normal for his school?

I just think that like what someone posted- you know what your in for in the elite or even AA divisions so why complain or call out. If these kids are very good as 9th graders they will play against much bigger, stronger and Older kids in High school. I get some kids are late bloomers but again it does seem like the norm so why complain. I would have no idea what the age all kids on other teams much less all the ages of kids on my sons team other than a handfull and they all seem to be just like my son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

darn, you beat me to it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
What is considered a Holdback anyway? My kid did preK holdback and done because of maturity reasons. What parent at that age even knows what sport or if kid will even play sports at a high level?

if they repeat 8th grade because they have the money and show talent then what are you going to do. Families might need scholarships to get through college so cant knock them but if its not about that and you have the money go ahead. I would not do it personally but people have their reasons. I would hope for academics since there is no future in Lacrosse beyond High school.

So my kid is 14 and will graduate 8th grade being 14. That seems pretty normal with his peers or am I wrong? Now he has summer birthday so for half the summer tournaments he will turn 15. again this seems pretty normal for his school?

I just think that like what someone posted- you know what your in for in the elite or even AA divisions so why complain or call out. If these kids are very good as 9th graders they will play against much bigger, stronger and Older kids in High school. I get some kids are late bloomers but again it does seem like the norm so why complain. I would have no idea what the age all kids on other teams much less all the ages of kids on my sons team other than a handfull and they all seem to be just like my son.

You miss the point about YOUTH sports. You like many prefirst/holdback/reclass parents always bring High School sports into YOUTH sports. Why and what you do with your child is no ones business except yours as it pertains to their education. Education and Youth sports are two completely different arenas for our children as is Youth sports and High SCHOOL sports.

Take your kid for example , why does your child born in the summer get an advantage in youth sports over another child born on same exact day. Is that child any less worthy of getting the same advantage your child gets. Youth sports doesnt carve out special exceptions that others cant get. If it was done in the spirit of youth sports it would allow anyone born on that summer date to play in that bracket, not just your son and the few others like him.

The reasons have changed over the last few years to this whole playing down concept. The Early Recruiting is gone. That was the biggest reason for 8th grade being grade based and had some validity. That is gone. Now it seems the only reason is to accommodate ( in Maryland /DC ) all the private school holdbacks/prefirsts. That isnt a good reason for allowing a few players a select advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, since you asked, your son is a holdback. If his team is full of kids 15 or turning 15 during the summer, then your kid's team is full of holdbacks. We know that our kids will be competing in youth lacrosse against kids trying to gain an advantage that they couldn't achieve among kids their own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it is not normal for a true 9th grader to turn 15 during the summer. If he turns 15 after the 1st of Sept then he is a true 9th grader and time before that he is a hold back.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
his team is full of 14 yr olds just like the rest. I personally dont know any kid 15 yet so as i see it there is no advantage?

kids who did preK i would hope like us was not done for sports but academic and not to gain an advantage in lacrosse 10 years later. Having that "summmer birthday" put him on the other end of the spectrum all through Rec leagues - tykers and lightning and even i year of midgets he was always playing against kids a year or so older so i guess now it just evens out in club. He never complained and it helped him to be able to play at elite level now.

the attack on programs or parents is unfair but should be directed toward those who govern the game and make the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

darn, you beat me to it!

aww chucks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
his team is full of 14 yr olds just like the rest. I personally dont know any kid 15 yet so as i see it there is no advantage?

kids who did preK i would hope like us was not done for sports but academic and not to gain an advantage in lacrosse 10 years later. Having that "summmer birthday" put him on the other end of the spectrum all through Rec leagues - tykers and lightning and even i year of midgets he was always playing against kids a year or so older so i guess now it just evens out in club. He never complained and it helped him to be able to play at elite level now.

the attack on programs or parents is unfair but should be directed toward those who govern the game and make the rules.

So what should be done with the players born in summer who were never heldback?? Your son and others that were heldback get the advantage, shouldnt all children in youth lacrosse get this advantage? or just a select few.

Once again, No one cares about why you did prefirst and held you son back from going to first grade. That is your right as a a parent. But it does not give you some special rights in youth lacrosse later on to get an advantage others dont. Once you get to HS, enjoy it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, since you asked, your son is a holdback. If his team is full of kids 15 or turning 15 during the summer, then your kid's team is full of holdbacks. We know that our kids will be competing in youth lacrosse against kids trying to gain an advantage that they couldn't achieve among kids their own age.

Classic idiotic response. If you agree to it then your comments are hypocritical to say the least. To also say that these kids can't compete against kids they own is comical too. No one can fault a parent for the reasoning behind holding a child back. At anytime,1st grade or 7th grade. If the sole purpose of a parent holding a kid back is lacrosse than shame on them. That is such a small percentage when this topic comes up.
Wether its immaturity, school and learning ability, physical maturity , no one has the right to hold judgement. The system is flawed without clear decisive rules and enforcement . However there is 4 divisions for this age group in this league. All the divisions will have kids playing in high school and most in college. Choosing the right fit for your kid is key. Choosing one then bashing it says more about you then the holdbacks. My sons team has holdbacks and none of them have a clear advantage over any other player. In fact they are the smallest young minded kids on team. Certainly some kids do have a clear advantage but it is not much and that completion is why we choose Elite and the club to play for.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
so i huess you ignore the part about rec and sept 1 birthday- so when he was on the younger side he played against older kids/ no big deal no edge lost just learned to play harder--fight for everything

dont get your obsession

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so i huess you ignore the part about rec and sept 1 birthday- so when he was on the younger side he played against older kids/ no big deal no edge lost just learned to play harder--fight for everything

dont get your obsession

I actually dont get your obsession ? Rec and Sept 1 Birthday?? You mean like all youth sports go by?? Bottom line is that your son played against older children in rec. Made him stronger. You think he deserves to be the oldest now in club due to this. Who doesnt get that?

You find no problem with letting select players like your son in youth get an advantage others dont get. So I acknowledge your points. What about your advantage you get ?? and others dont get with same birthday ?? I assume you cant see that. With no age restrictions we have the mess we have. Maybe 8th grade with puberty its starts somewhat evening out. Still advantage being older tho...But 4th and 3rd graders?
Why do we need grade base?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STFU with this holdback crap. Same BS year after year. No one but a couple whiney parents care. Go find a safe space or stage a walkout or something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STFU with this holdback crap. Same BS year after year. No one but a couple whiney parents care. Go find a safe space or stage a walkout or something.

You are the one who created “safe space” for your son by holding him back. U for youth lacrosse simple as that. Sorry your safe space environment won’t work out for you now that early recruiting has ended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the one who created “safe space” for your son by holding him back. U for youth lacrosse simple as that. Sorry your safe space environment won’t work out for you now that early recruiting has ended.

If you think that college coaches will stop recruiting due to the changes in the rules you are stupid. Players wont be able to commit but they will continue to talk to the coaches and will have a good idea where they plan to commit when its time. College coaches will still want the older freshman and most will find success at the college level. Just ask Petro next time you see him at a Koopers game. He is a huge fan of re-classed players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think that college coaches will stop recruiting due to the changes in the rules you are stupid. Players wont be able to commit but they will continue to talk to the coaches and will have a good idea where they plan to commit when its time. College coaches will still want the older freshman and most will find success at the college level. Just ask Petro next time you see him at a Koopers game. He is a huge fan of re-classed players.

No idea why he would want a 20 year old freshman over an 18 year old. How old are the freshman that are on the field at Albany, Maryland and Navy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No idea why he would want a 20 year old freshman over an 18 year old. How old are the freshman that are on the field at Albany, Maryland and Navy?

"Freshman" means different things at these colleges. Getting re- classed and then doing a post grad year means you are a 20 year old freshman. College coaches love them.

They actually should come up with a new category for these players. Tough for an 18 year old player to be compared to them as far as end of the season accolades goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 will be in HS next year where they will be playing against kids two and three years older. Get over your holdback hangups. The don’t exist in 5 more months. Y’all are a bunch of crybabies. Funny crybabies, I will give you that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Freshman" means different things at these colleges. Getting re- classed and then doing a post grad year means you are a 20 year old freshman. College coaches love them.

They actually should come up with a new category for these players. Tough for an 18 year old player to be compared to them as far as end of the season accolades goes.

TN is a 20 year old freshman. Yeah, why would any D1 team want him on their team?

Last edited by A1Laxer; . Reason: We dot permit that use of players names
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You made this up as he hates the holdback game. If he likes it so much, why didn't he hold his boys back when they came to BL? He thinks early recruiting was terrible as offering kids in 8th and 9th grade was like rolling dice on if they would be good come college.

And per the new rules coaches can't talk to the coaches at all unless they are on campus and there are to be no dicussions of offers or anything other than the college coach can tell the players high school or club coach of "general interest".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 will be in HS next year where they will be playing against kids two and three years older. Get over your holdback hangups. The don’t exist in 5 more months. Y’all are a bunch of crybabies. Funny crybabies, I will give you that.

No the only crybabies wimps are people like you who couldnt have his son compete against other kids his own age in YOUTH lacrosse.

You wimps love to try to tie HS School lacrosse with youth lacrosse . Two completely different things except to wimps like you who cant have their child compete against same age children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks #32 will be skipping HS next year for a chance to play pro in the MLL at 30k a year. Parents are thilled the holdback strategy worked. At 21y/o #32 is thrilled to graduate middle school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it is not normal for a true 9th grader to turn 15 during the summer. If he turns 15 after the 1st of Sept then he is a true 9th grader and time before that he is a hold back.

Wasn't always SEPT 1
In fact the rules changed mid way thru last year. Cut off was Mid May -
Rule changed well after teams held try outs. This would not even be a topic if that rule did not change. It will change again too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You made this up as he hates the holdback game. If he likes it so much, why didn't he hold his boys back when they came to BL? He thinks early recruiting was terrible as offering kids in 8th and 9th grade was like rolling dice on if they would be good come college.

And per the new rules coaches can't talk to the coaches at all unless they are on campus and there are to be no dicussions of offers or anything other than the college coach can tell the players high school or club coach of "general interest".

Have you seen his roster? He certainly does not hate holdbacks and has used it to his advantage from day 1! He didn't have to hold his kids back , they are already older than everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No the only crybabies wimps are people like you who couldnt have his son compete against other kids his own age in YOUTH lacrosse.

You wimps love to try to tie HS School lacrosse with youth lacrosse . Two completely different things except to wimps like you who cant have their child compete against same age children.

Wimps?Big words on an anonymous site. What makes you think my kid is a holdback ? Do you think everyone that is not a holdback agrees with you? Think again ! Some of us actually don't give a hoot and completely agree to play along side and against anyone in the this league. My bet my son is younger than yours a would whip the [ChillLaxin] out of your kid just like he does the holdbacks. Save your name calling for the sideline so you can get some real attention !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 22 team is full of holdbacks. Just ask the on age kids that are getting replaced by the older boys. Coach drives around in linex ex covered truck with a fake claymore mind on the bumper. Complete hammerhead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks #32 will be skipping HS next year for a chance to play pro in the MLL at 30k a year. Parents are thilled the holdback strategy worked. At 21y/o #32 is thrilled to graduate middle school.

LMAO - Wrong again. Tell little Johnnie to work harder and to stop grasping for excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]STFU with this holdback crap. Same BS year after year. No one but a couple whiney parents care. Go find a safe space or stage a walkout or something.

And per the new rules coaches can't talk to the coaches at all unless they are on campus and there are to be no dicussions of offers or anything other than the college coach can tell the players high school or club coach of "general interest".[/quo

Might want to ask him what he was telling parents last summer during a local tournament. Very much encouraging parents to re-class their kids. Also I'm pretty sure he was one of the few coaches taking commitments from 8th graders. Easy to google the information. You will find him posing with 8th graders after they committed.

Page 55 of 64 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard