BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would go with "high level academic schools who play D1 lacrosse." Recent SW White teams have girls committed to Army West Point, Dartmouth, William and Mary in addition to some excellent D3 schools including National Champion Gettysburg. Perhaps, some of these girls have different expectations when it comes to their college lacrosse careers and completely satisfied not committing to a "high level D1 lacrosse team."

I totally agree, but that wasn't the point. The point was that the top club B teams are not as competitive as they once were due to the abundance of other options. I doubt that you want to argue that SW 2019 White can compete with the top clubs. Not long ago, SW White, M&D Red, YJ Gold, Heros White, etc could all compete and in many cases beat other very good teams. This just isn't the case anymore.

This is a very correct statement. SW White against a top 2019 team (pick any one of them ... YJ, M&D, Heros, Mass Elite, Capital, SW Blue etc.) would not even be a game. I'm talking name your score type of game. Is what it is. 2nd teams have become depleted in talent as more clubs have opened shop. Forget about 3rd teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This entire debate is just silly. YJA is a solid team with a collection of talented girls. They are by no means lights out better than TG or Liberty. When YJA has the ball they typically will score. No way would anyone on LIberty A or TG black consider taking a spot on YJB or C. There is no comparison and the gap between A and B/C is huge and typically starts with the athletism of the players. There’s some dillusional C team parent that keeps stirring things up and bashing the B team. My guess he’s sorry he walked away from TG and probably burnt a few bridges. At this age, being on the C team is what it is and just enjoy the time with your daughter

YJ A............Go to goal.........or....value the ball!!!! Please stop with your rose colored evaluations. Nobody cares. And by this time you should realize that if your good your good. Doesn't matter which team you play on. Must be your first kid through the process.

No rose colored evaluations and no YJ chest thumping in the above post but you do seem to have some pent-up hostility towards this program? Theres lots of great great talent out there and sometimes it’s better to be a big fish in a small pound then a small fish in a big pond. At the end of the day everybody has choices and if you’re happy great if not look for other options. I have seen many top kids from other programs come to YJ end up riding the bench and vice versa .
[/quote]

There is no way YJ C will beat liberty or TG A teams. But we will never know because YJC plays in the bottom brackets while liberty and TG play in the top. So you go on being a big fish in your little pond playing in front of no one. Good luck. [/quote]

We left TG Black and were "placed on" YJ C. At first we were pissed, but to be honest, YJ C has girls that can play. Comparable to what we had at TG. You are right about one thing, we don't play in the top bracket and only had one or two coaches check us out this Fall. That's fine, these girls aren't going to get recruited by Maryland, Hopkins, etc. They'll get recruited in another year or two by mid to lower D1 or a D3 school that has a good lacrosse program with EXCELLENT academics. And that's what it's all about. So go ahead and keep beating your chest to all the guys at work about the coaches on the sidelines, while the cutthroat and competition eats at every parent (there's a reason you look at those sidelines and see all the parents spread out, you can't sit too close to people if all you do is criticize the other players). We'll enjoy watching our girls play good lacrosse while we talk about which Green Turlte to have the team dinner at, the one we all look forward to. To each his own.

Ouch. You can sugar coat anyway you want but leaving any A team for a C team is terrible for exposure. No way is YJ C comparable to TG black but to each his own. Enjoy Green Turtle.
[/quote]

TG Black is decimated, and is on par with YJ B & C. Still good lacrosse though, just not YJ A level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This entire debate is just silly. YJA is a solid team with a collection of talented girls. They are by no means lights out better than TG or Liberty. When YJA has the ball they typically will score. No way would anyone on LIberty A or TG black consider taking a spot on YJB or C. There is no comparison and the gap between A and B/C is huge and typically starts with the athletism of the players. There’s some dillusional C team parent that keeps stirring things up and bashing the B team. My guess he’s sorry he walked away from TG and probably burnt a few bridges. At this age, being on the C team is what it is and just enjoy the time with your daughter

YJ A............Go to goal.........or....value the ball!!!! Please stop with your rose colored evaluations. Nobody cares. And by this time you should realize that if your good your good. Doesn't matter which team you play on. Must be your first kid through the process.

No rose colored evaluations and no YJ chest thumping in the above post but you do seem to have some pent-up hostility towards this program? Theres lots of great great talent out there and sometimes it’s better to be a big fish in a small pound then a small fish in a big pond. At the end of the day everybody has choices and if you’re happy great if not look for other options. I have seen many top kids from other programs come to YJ end up riding the bench and vice versa .

There is no way YJ C will beat liberty or TG A teams. But we will never know because YJC plays in the bottom brackets while liberty and TG play in the top. So you go on being a big fish in your little pond playing in front of no one. Good luck. [/quote]

We left TG Black and were "placed on" YJ C. At first we were pissed, but to be honest, YJ C has girls that can play. Comparable to what we had at TG. You are right about one thing, we don't play in the top bracket and only had one or two coaches check us out this Fall. That's fine, these girls aren't going to get recruited by Maryland, Hopkins, etc. They'll get recruited in another year or two by mid to lower D1 or a D3 school that has a good lacrosse program with EXCELLENT academics. And that's what it's all about. So go ahead and keep beating your chest to all the guys at work about the coaches on the sidelines, while the cutthroat and competition eats at every parent (there's a reason you look at those sidelines and see all the parents spread out, you can't sit too close to people if all you do is criticize the other players). We'll enjoy watching our girls play good lacrosse while we talk about which Green Turlte to have the team dinner at, the one we all look forward to. To each his own.

Ouch. You can sugar coat anyway you want but leaving any A team for a C team is terrible for exposure. No way is YJ C comparable to TG black but to each his own. Enjoy Green Turtle.
[/quote]

TG Black is decimated, and is on par with YJ B & C. Still good lacrosse though, just not YJ A level

YJ B & C are both weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I totally agree, but that wasn't the point. The point was that the top club B teams are not as competitive as they once were due to the abundance of other options. I doubt that you want to argue that SW 2019 White can compete with the top clubs. Not long ago, SW White, M&D Red, YJ Gold, Heros White, etc could all compete and in many cases beat other very good teams. This just isn't the case anymore.[/quote]

This is a very correct statement. SW White against a top 2019 team (pick any one of them ... YJ, M&D, Heros, Mass Elite, Capital, SW Blue etc.) would not even be a game. I'm talking name your score type of game. Is what it is. 2nd teams have become depleted in talent as more clubs have opened shop. Forget about 3rd teams. [/quote]

Not sure how 2019 got on 2021 thread. At any rate, 2019 SW White and YJ C play close games.They traded wins last year. Not sure how deep 2021 is but the 2019 very deep. Not suggesting either team belongs in the top division, but both teams are way better than any other club's B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“‘TG Black is decimated, and is on par with YJ B & C. Still good lacrosse though, just not YJ A level”

For every player that leaves there’s a replacement of equal or better caliber that takes the spot.
Saying they got decimated is silly and sounds like sour grapes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no way YJ C will beat liberty or TG A teams. But we will never know because YJC plays in the bottom brackets while liberty and TG play in the top. So you go on being a big fish in your little pond playing in front of no one. Good luck.

[/quote]

TG Black is decimated, and is on par with YJ B & C. Still good lacrosse though, just not YJ A level

YJ B & C are both weak.
[/quote]

Nice try, nobody's biting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“‘TG Black is decimated, and is on par with YJ B & C. Still good lacrosse though, just not YJ A level”

For every player that leaves there’s a replacement of equal or better caliber that takes the spot.

NO way replacement players are ever better than kids who leave, the bottom 2/3 of the roster on any TG black team is full of dead wood

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO way replacement players are ever better than kids who leave, the bottom 2/3 of the roster on any TG black team is full of dead wood

The replacement players this season are much better than the girls lost from last season. The team will be better without the ones who left. The atmosphere and play of the team was already better this fall. 2Wi4jV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The replacement players this season are much better than the girls lost from last season. The team will be better without the ones who left. The atmosphere and play of the team was already better this fall. 2Wi4jV

They got 1 good player. The others came from YJ B and C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They got 1 good player. The others came from YJ B and C.

You need to let it go, as painful as it may feel the team will be just fine without your daughter.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be difficult living ur life every day and having so much hateful jealous energy inside and directed at a couple of 14 year old girls.
We all feel truly sorry that u can’t seem to shake them and I’d even suggest therapy.
Funny thing is, I know who those girls are that u constantly slander and I’ve seen their videos on instagram

. Truth be told...They are AMAZING.

Oh and let me save u the trouble of typing in ur next post.
“OK dad (mom)...”.

Have an AMAZING day 😎.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be difficult living ur life every day and having so much hateful jealous energy inside and directed at a couple of 14 year old girls.
We all feel truly sorry that u can’t seem to shake them and I’d even suggest therapy.
Funny thing is, I know who those girls are that u constantly slander and I’ve seen their videos on instagram

. Truth be told...They are AMAZING.

Oh and let me save u the trouble of typing in ur next post.
“OK dad (mom)...”.

Have an AMAZING day 😎.

Use the quote button. What are you referencing, didn't see any slander or hate. Paranoid much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would go with "high level academic schools who play D1 lacrosse." Recent SW White teams have girls committed to Army West Point, Dartmouth, William and Mary in addition to some excellent D3 schools including National Champion Gettysburg. Perhaps, some of these girls have different expectations when it comes to their college lacrosse careers and completely satisfied not committing to a "high level D1 lacrosse team."

I totally agree, but that wasn't the point. The point was that the top club B teams are not as competitive as they once were due to the abundance of other options. I doubt that you want to argue that SW 2019 White can compete with the top clubs. Not long ago, SW White, M&D Red, YJ Gold, Heros White, etc could all compete and in many cases beat other very good teams. This just isn't the case anymore.

This is a very correct statement. SW White against a top 2019 team (pick any one of them ... YJ, M&D, Heros, Mass Elite, Capital, SW Blue etc.) would not even be a game. I'm talking name your score type of game. Is what it is. 2nd teams have become depleted in talent as more clubs have opened shop. Forget about 3rd teams.

Listen, the original post stated that "B" level teams were not what they used to be and then went on to name SW and M&D specifically. This is not true. Yes, there are "B" level teams that are struggling due to more clubs opening shop. Look at MD United, Integrity, Bay Area, and who knows how many of your LI teams that have had "B" teams fold or become defunct, Top Guns, Legacy, Elevate, etc.

While this is a 2021 post, it was the original poster that brought this up. SW, Hero's, and LI YJ have strong "B" teams that consistently beat top level talent. No, not M&D Black, Heros Green, TG Black, Mass Elite, Capital (These are the top teams in the country) etc., but they definitely beat some top A level contending teams. When you bring up information that is not "grounded in evidence", then don't bring it up. If you need scores, results, etc. hit me up. You have no clue what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a very correct statement. SW White against a top 2019 team (pick any one of them ... YJ, M&D, Heros, Mass Elite, Capital, SW Blue etc.) would not even be a game. I'm talking name your score type of game. Is what it is. 2nd teams have become depleted in talent as more clubs have opened shop. Forget about 3rd teams. [/quote]

Not sure how 2019 got on 2021 thread. At any rate, 2019 SW White and YJ C play close games.They traded wins last year. Not sure how deep 2021 is but the 2019 very deep. Not suggesting either team belongs in the top division, but both teams are way better than any other club's B team. [/quote]

Um ... SW white 2021 lost to Steps White (B team) and SW White 2019 lost to SJS Black (B team) at G8 alone last year. Soooo, I guess you lie? exaggerate?? hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen, the original post stated that "B" level teams were not what they used to be and then went on to name SW and M&D specifically. This is not true. Yes, there are "B" level teams that are struggling due to more clubs opening shop. Look at MD United, Integrity, Bay Area, and who knows how many of your LI teams that have had "B" teams fold or become defunct, Top Guns, Legacy, Elevate, etc.

While this is a 2021 post, it was the original poster that brought this up. SW, Hero's, and LI YJ have strong "B" teams that consistently beat top level talent. No, not M&D Black, Heros Green, TG Black, Mass Elite, Capital (These are the top teams in the country) etc., but they definitely beat some top A level contending teams. When you bring up information that is not "grounded in evidence", then don't bring it up. If you need scores, results, etc. hit me up. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Sure. Give us scores of SW White beating "top A level contending teams". You just said (and are correct) that they can't beat the top A level contending teams that you named so I'm a bit confused. Because those are the top A level contending teams, see what I mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW.....please go away. Go to the Maryland thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does spring lacrosse work in various states? In Maryland is there any community lacrosse left or does everyone play club year round? How about Long Island? I believe that Westchester and Connecticut still play for their town in the spring and then play club the rest of the year. Would be interested to know how much town lacrosse is left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does spring lacrosse work in various states? In Maryland is there any community lacrosse left or does everyone play club year round? How about Long Island? I believe that Westchester and Connecticut still play for their town in the spring and then play club the rest of the year. Would be interested to know how much town lacrosse is left.

2021's are in High School. No spring club lacrosse anywhere that I know of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2021 are playing varsity and where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2021 are playing varsity and where?

Who cares, team game...its about winning...go work on your kids highlight reel...loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The few committed ones (and the one that claims to be)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are killing it on JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats really not hard to do lmao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The few committed ones (and the one that claims to be)

thats really not hard to do lmao
[/quote

I hear a bunch of the 2021s are really lighting it up this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh please do share, what towns?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM and Mt Sinai starting goalies are both 2021's, two top teams with Freshman in the cage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM and Mt Sinai starting goalies are both 2021's, two top teams with Freshman in the cage.

That didnt take long...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a better team then the Skywalkers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After the first week, not yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the skywalkers. Go back to your star wars movie dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there are multiple better teams and “then” the Skywalkers😉

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island UA Command team has:
11 YJ 2021 girls
2 YJ 2022 girl

Pretty sure that shuts up the other LI clubs as to who is the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 YJ 2021 girls
2 YJ 2022 girl

This post is so stupid I can’t even understand who they are trying to
incite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was evaluating?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Long Island UA Command team has:
11 YJ 2021 girls
2 YJ 2022 girl

Skywalkers are from Maryland. What do the inferior Long Island teams have to do with this discussion? Skywalkers schooled YJ last time they played 11-4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rosters aren't posted yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 YJ 2021 girls
2 YJ 2022 girl

This post is so stupid I can’t even understand who they are trying to
incite

MAYBE NOT EVERYONE WAS AT THE TRYOUTS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many YJ b players made it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rosters aren't posted yet?

Not yet. This is link for rosters when they do.
https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/UnderArmour/Roster/Division/Underclass

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard