BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 86 of 101 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many of your kids have bailed from PAL This year? Our town team is so bad I’m not even sure if they had enough kids to get a team.

It cant be worse then ours. We have had 2 practices all year. And have combined with 7th grade. It is a joke. My son likes playing with his school pals, so we eat the 200$. Drop in the bucket compared to travel.

Maybe you had 2 practices because the fields are terrible this year from the snow every week. Maybe your PAL team can’t afford private space because they don’t charge each kid 3000. It people like you that make it worse. Do them a favor and stay away. At least your son understands and has a good head on his shoulder to understand what sports are about in 6th grade.

Easy big guy, someone p1ss in your wheaties? Plenty of days for makeups and its passed on. Field has been just fine. Not expecting 15 practices...just more then TWO. And other grades in our town have had less then that. And others have had 10. This is my second kid to go through it, and it doesn't get better. Its ok, its the reason we play travel. My son is pretty good, and more importantly he loves the sport (in addition to all the others he does). Off the grandstand please, was just answering the original post honestly.

It seems that this is becoming the rule more than the exception. I know some of the bigger programs don’t see this, but I think the smaller programs are having an issue getting kids to play. Some coaches( not all) have an issue with the kids that play travel due to conflicts in schedule. Unfortunately the kids that play travel are the better kids and when they miss practices or games it does not go over well with Town coach. It’s even tougher when you get kids that only pick up the stick in the spring and can’t throw or catch. My son decided to not play PAL and said he will play with his friends in the district for middle school team next year. Was just curious how many others were in similar boat. A few other kid da on my son’s travel team have also left PAL for various reasons. Time also being one of them. It seems travel teams are less concerned with Sunday games and schedule practices for then as well.
yes club is going to ruin school ball just like they did with soccer . I make my kid play Pal and school ball . I am a bleiever in both. Sports teach children life lessons. It’s not just about who’s the best and winning. Do not get me wrong , we all love to win , but at what cost ? Club is for mastering the skills and learning at a higher level. School ball is about bringing what you learned to the table and lift the play of those around you and playing for your school pride.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of your kids have bailed from PAL This year? Our town team is so bad I’m not even sure if they had enough kids to get a team.

It cant be worse then ours. We have had 2 practices all year. And have combined with 7th grade. It is a joke. My son likes playing with his school pals, so we eat the 200$. Drop in the bucket compared to travel.

Maybe you had 2 practices because the fields are terrible this year from the snow every week. Maybe your PAL team can’t afford private space because they don’t charge each kid 3000. It people like you that make it worse. Do them a favor and stay away. At least your son understands and has a good head on his shoulder to understand what sports are about in 6th grade.

Easy big guy, someone p1ss in your wheaties? Plenty of days for makeups and its passed on. Field has been just fine. Not expecting 15 practices...just more then TWO. And other grades in our town have had less then that. And others have had 10. This is my second kid to go through it, and it doesn't get better. Its ok, its the reason we play travel. My son is pretty good, and more importantly he loves the sport (in addition to all the others he does). Off the grandstand please, was just answering the original post honestly.

It seems that this is becoming the rule more than the exception. I know some of the bigger programs don’t see this, but I think the smaller programs are having an issue getting kids to play. Some coaches( not all) have an issue with the kids that play travel due to conflicts in schedule. Unfortunately the kids that play travel are the better kids and when they miss practices or games it does not go over well with Town coach. It’s even tougher when you get kids that only pick up the stick in the spring and can’t throw or catch. My son decided to not play PAL and said he will play with his friends in the district for middle school team next year. Was just curious how many others were in similar boat. A few other kid da on my son’s travel team have also left PAL for various reasons. Time also being one of them. It seems travel teams are less concerned with Sunday games and schedule practices for then as well.
yes club is going to ruin school ball just like they did with soccer . I make my kid play Pal and school ball . I am a bleiever in both. Sports teach children life lessons. It’s not just about who’s the best and winning. Do not get me wrong , we all love to win , but at what cost ? Club is for mastering the skills and learning at a higher level. School ball is about bringing what you learned to the table and lift the play of those around you and playing for your school pride.

Good coaches and teachers teach life lessons. Not only sports. Some of the crazy parents and some daddy coaches acting like every game is the superbowl - teaches nothing. It's not only PAL, some club coaches aren't gems either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What school teams have problems getting players at the expense of club?? The reference for that problem happening was for PAL, which is a whole different animal, and for up through 6th grade, it's the only option (or compliment) to club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop with 3v at 2024. the best town teams are Bbp, Commack, Rvc and Gc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the post you are referring to was in reference to 2023, not 2024.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really???? start the ranking. do nassau and suffolk top 10 town teams for 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg. Please don’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 24 League going? Anyone have any info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg. Please don’t.
Commack 0-2 first to games. Def not up there BBP good.. Who is better GC or RVC ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg. Please don’t.

Are you guys ranking PAL lacrosse?? Lol how do you live with yourselves? I'm willing to take the bet that a large % of dads on here have low level sons in this sport. I pop on here from time to time to see that garbage being written and this PAL ranking tops the list. Go have a catch with your sons and stop sitting here wasting time. I'm in an airport and I feel I just wasted 5 minutes of mine. And yes both my sons play on top teams in top programs and that's a fact so I've been around it all. Keep this in mind as you sit here ranking 11 year olds, my 2019 sons PAL team was middle of the road and had 15 boys on the team. Flash forward to 9th-10th grade, 8 of those boys still play the sport and the rest faded away. The team has changed over a couple of years. Wake up, do you really think the 11 year olds right now will stay the same skill level. The standouts will continue to improve and a bunch will walk away. This is a sad case of "rank" my sons team so I feel better about my sons situation. Nassau and Suffolk are both national powerhouses, I've been a Nassau guy my whole life but I would never say Suffolk cant compete. That's just ridiculous. A PAL team is made up of beginners playing with more experienced players, how can you rank that???? A team can go 0-7 on the season and still have boys on the team that will be your All county and All American players in HS. Go rank Travel teams if you feel the need to judge 11 year olds because that's where the top talent is, but PAL is a play with my friends experience not a "MY town team is better than your town team experience" So lets remember this , you are not on the field, your son is, even if you town team is 'the best" you are not the one padded up. "Nassau better than Suffolk and this town is better that that town blah blah blah. Grow up and enjoy what you have because it wont last and if it does congratulations on your 1\8 of a scholarship.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Omg. Please don’t.

Are you guys ranking PAL lacrosse?? Lol how do you live with yourselves? I'm willing to take the bet that a large % of dads on here have low level sons in this sport. I pop on here from time to time to see that garbage being written and this PAL ranking tops the list. Go have a catch with your sons and stop sitting here wasting time. I'm in an airport and I feel I just wasted 5 minutes of mine. And yes both my sons play on top teams in top programs and that's a fact so I've been around it all. Keep this in mind as you sit here ranking 11 year olds, my 2019 sons PAL team was middle of the road and had 15 boys on the team. Flash forward to 9th-10th grade, 8 of those boys still play the sport and the rest faded away. The team has changed over a couple of years. Wake up, do you really think the 11 year olds right now will stay the same skill level. The standouts will continue to improve and a bunch will walk away. This is a sad case of "rank" my sons team so I feel better about my sons situation. Nassau and Suffolk are both national powerhouses, I've been a Nassau guy my whole life but I would never say Suffolk cant compete. That's just ridiculous. A PAL team is made up of beginners playing with more experienced players, how can you rank that???? A team can go 0-7 on the season and still have boys on the team that will be your All county and All American players in HS. Go rank Travel teams if you feel the need to judge 11 year olds because that's where the top talent is, but PAL is a play with my friends experience not a "MY town team is better than your town team experience" So lets remember this , you are not on the field, your son is, even if you town team is 'the best" you are not the one padded up. "Nassau better than Suffolk and this town is better that that town blah blah blah. Grow up and enjoy what you have because it wont last and if it does congratulations on your 1\8 of a scholarship.
Thanks . We all could not move on with our lives until those words of Wisdom. If it does not matter why waste your time to write on BOTC, in an airport none the less. Its all in good fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you have serious anger issues, now let's get back to the rankings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you have serious anger issues, now let's get back to the rankings

Yeah. His kids PAL team must be horrendous! He's taking it pretty rough! Unfortunately it's not going to get much better for him, for at least another 7 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the Blatant Town Cup canceled? It was suppose to be tomorrow (Saturday), but it's no longer listed on the website and it's not listed in Tourney Machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Not bad, it’s great to see the boys playing and being able to see what they need to work on before the summer starts. Even better seeing (hearing) coaches yelling at kids and officials in April. But it looked like the kids are having fun

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

-Not bad, it’s great to see the boys playing and being able to see what they need to work on before the summer starts. Even better seeing (hearing) coaches yelling at kids and officials in April. But it looked like the kids are having fun

The spring league is great. More teams should do it. Better alternative to PAL for the boys that are looking to take their game to the next level.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Unknown3333

The spring league is great. More teams should do it. Better alternative to PAL for the boys that are looking to take their game to the next level.

What teams are in the spring league?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Gcx 24
True blue
Team LI
Laxin with friends
Outlaws
ESM

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Its not a PAL league at all. Teams formed with kids from different towns

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Omg. Please don’t.

Wow you sound bitter. Buddy, speaking 2019, the teams that were tops in PAL are still carrying the same weight in HS. So go rank away. The only issue I'd say is, it may be to soon. Wait for the town tournaments. If your son's team was middle of the road they probably weren't ranked then and your bitterness would show they wouldn't be ranked now.

You say rank travel teams instead, that's laughable. To me the real issue is travel vs town. If your town is middle of the road you'll need a strong travel. But for those with strong towns, travel should just augment with the town program and it will pay dividends.

You say you have a 2019 so you will remember the same posts then. Remember team smithtown and 3village GC Manhasset. There should be room for both.

You also say you can have a 0-7 team in PaL and still have all Americans in HS. Okay name them. I don't think so. Unless they moved on to a different HS.

Like you said it goes by fast, so have fun with it

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Gcx 24
True blue
Team LI
Laxin with friends
Outlaws
ESM

Do the kids on these teams do it in addition to PAL or instead of?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by meco24
Gcx 24
True blue
Team LI
Laxin with friends
Outlaws
ESM

Its in Addition. This is not a PAL league. All teams are travel or made up of travel kids from all over. No Real Town teams Except 1. Would not recommend putting a town team in this league, unless they specify Town teams only in the division.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by KEEPINGITREAL
Gcx 24
True blue
Team LI
Laxin with friends
Outlaws
ESM

Its in Addition. This is not a PAL league. All teams are travel or made up of travel kids from all over. No Real Town teams Except 1. Would not recommend putting a town team in this league, unless they specify Town teams only in the division.

Even the Town team is pulling from outside.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by KEEPINGITREAL
Gcx 24
True blue
Team LI
Laxin with friends
Outlaws
ESM

Even the Town team is pulling from outside.

There are only a couple 'True' Town Teams out there and even so, a lot of the players could play 'club' anyways.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Great win for Express, Beating Wolf pack in the championship!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Big win for Express. Congrats! They played their hearts and earned that W!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
it is so funny how quiet this thread is now. CRICKETS!!! so funny. No one has anything to say unless they a bashing people. This thread will close in a month at this pace.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
looks like the Spring jam has some good match ups .

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This Poor site has no POSTS!!! Great weekend of LAX and Horrible weather. Will it even take place? Will it be rescheduled???

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
it will def. take PLACE . With crappy weather.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOLFPACK!!!! At the top again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well deserved !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big credit to LIU for not cancelling for the terrible weather.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\

3 very even teams now. And one of them barely practices. Price per practice is huge!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\

3 very even teams now. And one of them barely practices. Price per practice is huge!

Nice when you can pull poles from your 2023 to play on the 2024 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fantastic 12 coming up ina couple weeks. WP, 91,express will show em how we play on LI. Heard MD teams just finished their spring season with 91 MD winning it all over Madlax. Bring them on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh man finally back to anonymous posting.....I’ve been so backed up waiting to post......

WP, legacy and Express the best. Rest of you irrelevant and should start your own board.

Ah feel so much better now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
\
I

Or middies. 91 MD and Bethesda both added 3-4 2023s who repeated 6th. The way it goes. It’s clear anyone complaining here is dealing with first born because this is nothing new at this age and only accelerates next couple years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 2023s joined MD91. (Can’t speak for Bethesda who have certainly improved.)

\
I

Or middies. 91 MD and Bethesda both added 3-4 2023s who repeated 6th. The way it goes. It’s clear anyone complaining here is dealing with first born because this is nothing new at this age and only accelerates next couple years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Christian Koehler tournament was very well run. The refs were great! I know our boys had alot of fun.

Page 86 of 101 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard