BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Long Island Top 100 To Watch
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone have any idea how the writer determines his Top 100?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Top 100 To Watch
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly everyone of those players range from good to great. There are probably girls left off who deserve to be on there. The choosing of the list is really subjective and likely many were "educated best guesses". The bad news is some where left off, the good news is that Newsday, did 3-4 preseason type pieces/articles on girls lax, so the sport got ink, and that's a good thing for the sport. What matters is which teams make it the furthest in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the fact is that once you get outside the top 20 or so all the girls are pretty much the same. Same when you watch the college game. It's very balanced

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the fact is that once you get outside the top 20 or so all the girls are pretty much the same. Same when you watch the college game. It's very balanced

So say, 21-221 are pretty much the same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just a ridiculous statement .So you think so called # 18 is that much better than #21 who is equal to # 221. Yeah that makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The original question wasn't necessarily stated for the girls game, actually the boys but in the end it doesn't really matter. Still doesn't make much sense when i read the comments from the writer. I understand when you have a kid from Chaminade committed to Duke on there, but at the same position he has a kid going to a local D3 Long Island school. He referenced the kid's numbers and i know of a dozen kids with better numbers who also made a larger impact on there teams, had county recognition and are returning starters and all. Just doesn't make sense how the put these things together.

That's just a ridiculous statement .So you think so called # 18 is that much better than #21 who is equal to # 221. Yeah that makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the girls side yeah I think that the top players are game breakers and then the rest can be mixed together and are interchangeable at the Fairfields, Quinnipiacs, Monmouths & Sacred Hearts of the East.

The last couple of years only UNC and Maryland have won the championship. Maryland has a roster of 36 with one LI girl. UNC has a roster of 34 with 6 LI girls or 1.5 per year. If our LI girls were as good as their parents thought they were more would be on the top teams.

So objectively I think its safe to say there are a lot of really good players but not a lot of exceptional ones. There are very few Shannons out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the girls side yeah I think that the top players are game breakers and then the rest can be mixed together and are interchangeable at the Fairfields, Quinnipiacs, Monmouths & Sacred Hearts of the East.

The last couple of years only UNC and Maryland have won the championship. Maryland has a roster of 36 with one LI girl. UNC has a roster of 34 with 6 LI girls or 1.5 per year. If our LI girls were as good as their parents thought they were more would be on the top teams.

So objectively I think its safe to say there are a lot of really good players but not a lot of exceptional ones. There are very few Shannons out there

So objectively its safe to say you are clueless. The number one team in the country right now is essentially all LI players , to say the UNC and MD teams have won championships in the past but use their current rosters is at best short sighted .The number 2 team in the country at the moment has multiple LI players who are for the most part their top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to work the numbers in your favor, as far as the UNC situation...4 of the 6 LI girls were starting 1 goalie, 1 middie and 2 att...that's a 1/3 of the starters no? and producing big...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
The original question wasn't necessarily stated for the girls game, actually the boys but in the end it doesn't really matter. Still doesn't make much sense when i read the comments from the writer. I understand when you have a kid from Chaminade committed to Duke on there, but at the same position he has a kid going to a local D3 Long Island school. He referenced the kid's numbers and i know of a dozen kids with better numbers who also made a larger impact on there teams, had county recognition and are returning starters and all. Just doesn't make sense how the put these things together.

Newsday is a joke, any list they put out is a joke and the "county recognitions" is a joke as well. There are really good kids on really good teams who are going to go play high level college lacrosse who are not on these lists. For the most part every town (high school) gets someone on a list "players to watch" "top 100" "all county" etc... There are players from schools like Chaminade, Garden City, Manhasset, Ward Melville, St Anthony's who do not make these list and they are stronger than many that do make the "everybody gets a trophy" lists. It is nice for the kids that make the list but it stinks for the kids that don't.

In the end, the lists are meaningless.

If you really want an Indication of where your child stands just take a look at the schools that made offers to him or her.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So objectively its safe to say you are clueless. The number one team in the country right now is essentially all LI players , to say the UNC and MD teams have won championships in the past but use their current rosters is at best short sighted .The number 2 team in the country at the moment has multiple LI players who are for the most part their top players.

The stunad actually says "the last couple of years only UNC and Maryland have won the championship". How many teams can win in "two years"? Five? 10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsday is a joke, any list they put out is a joke and the "county recognitions" is a joke as well. There are really good kids on really good teams who are going to go play high level college lacrosse who are not on these lists. For the most part every town (high school) gets someone on a list "players to watch" "top 100" "all county" etc... There are players from schools like Chaminade, Garden City, Manhasset, Ward Melville, St Anthony's who do not make these list and they are stronger than many that do make the "everybody gets a trophy" lists. It is nice for the kids that make the list but it stinks for the kids that don't.

If you really want an Indication of where your child stands just take a look at the schools that made offers to him or her.

Good luck with that one.

Have you ever listened to a delusional parent talk about the recruiting process? Oh the excuses as to why his or her daughter did not receive any offers from top programs. They go on about how their daughter is better than the players the coach is recruiting. Far fetched delusional reasons . These people are nuts. When their kid finally gets an offer they will go on about all of the other top programs that recruited her (when she had no offers from top programs). Sometimes I just want to laugh out loud and say... Really? Please help me to understand this... your daughter had offers from schools like Northwestern, North Carolina, Maryland, Duke, Virginia, Loyola, Boston College, Penn, Princeton, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Penn State, Florida USC, Stanford... but she choose XYZ University .

Good for all of the girls who play and who want to play at the next level. I have one going to a program that will at best be average and will not make the Tourny any time soon. We are very happy but never do I compare with the players recruited by the top 10 - 15 programs. Those are the schools that get the large majority of top players every year. Add Stony Brook to that list but not everyone willing to stay on the island.

Excuse after excuse and then always trying to elevate the status of the program the daughter is going to.

Newsday does not help the situation . Girls padding stats vs weak competition . A lot of girls scored more goals in a HS season than Kerrigan Miller did... Crazy parents do not get it. They believe newsday matters, they believe if you are going DI you are a stud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to mention Northwestern won many championships with LI players playing prominent roles. Many of the top 10 Teams this year year are well represented with LI girls playing at a high level as impact players on their team . SB (The Whole roster) BC (Appuzo, Hart Daly ) JMU(Toucher) UNC (Ortega Hogue, Bill,Moreno) Towson (montebalno,Tellecamp, Conti) Florida (Pirreca's,Trombetta,Ronbeck,Kavanaugh,Cristedaro) NW (Fredricks,Quinn, UVA (BEHR) . I am sure I missed some. It doesn't matter how many LI girls are on the roster, it matters what impact the players on the roster are having!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that one.

Have you ever listened to a delusional parent talk about the recruiting process? Oh the excuses as to why his or her daughter did not receive any offers from top programs. They go on about how their daughter is better than the players the coach is recruiting. Far fetched delusional reasons . These people are nuts. When their kid finally gets an offer they will go on about all of the other top programs that recruited her (when she had no offers from top programs). Sometimes I just want to laugh out loud and say... Really? Please help me to understand this... your daughter had offers from schools like Northwestern, North Carolina, Maryland, Duke, Virginia, Loyola, Boston College, Penn, Princeton, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Penn State, Florida USC, Stanford... but she choose XYZ University .

Good for all of the girls who play and who want to play at the next level. I have one going to a program that will at best be average and will not make the Tourny any time soon. We are very happy but never do I compare with the players recruited by the top 10 - 15 programs. Those are the schools that get the large majority of top players every year. Add Stony Brook to that list but not everyone willing to stay on the island.

Excuse after excuse and then always trying to elevate the status of the program the daughter is going to.

Newsday does not help the situation . Girls padding stats vs weak competition . A lot of girls scored more goals in a HS season than Kerrigan Miller did... Crazy parents do not get it. They believe newsday matters, they believe if you are going DI you are a stud.

I don't know the number but I would guess that for any given year there are less than 20 players from LI going to the schools mentioned above . For the most part the players going elsewhere were not offered by those programs.

There are too many HS on Long Island for a Newsday reporter to cover. Too many weak for the stat padders to beat up on. 10 to 12 competitive teams at most. Unfortunately that is the reality. Also way too many situations where Juniors and Seniors competing against 9th & 10th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that one.

your post will be lost on 95% of the people reading these boards, but GOOD TRY!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard