BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 54 of 64 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, lacrosse isn't that different than most sports. Holdbacks for kids who can't compete on age are prevalent in every sport.

You missed the big point here...The other sports parents don't have to pay an extra three years of tuition at 50+K a year and 5K a year of club fees. Many football and basketball parents could not invest that to get a 10% scholarship discount at Swarthmore College. That is why lacrosse remains prominent in the private academies. There is a small pool 1% of parents able to swing that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright

Enough with the same old played out chatter.

We have a darn schedule!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright

April 7
Hawks vs API

18-6 Never Forget

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright

April 7
Hawks vs API

18-6 Never Forget

Evergreen will go undefeated in HOCO this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lord

Get over it already. If it’s unfair in your opinion why do you continue to allow your son to play in this league? There are other options.

I will say my son and several of his teammates that are of the correct age handle thier business at practice and at the games. They don’t care what the kids age is or how big the player is.

Stop giving your kid an out when he doesn’t find success. Tell him to continue to work. Go outside with him and WORK. Go to the gym with him and get stronger.

Parents need to stop getting in the car after games and telling thier kid that “it’s ok those kids are reclassed”. It’s bogus. Motivate.

I just gave my 3rd grader and 5th grader the speech. Told them it is time to take the bull by the horns. No more lingering around acting like a child. Lacrosse is serious business and I expect them to act that way. Just because there are players born on same birthday playing down doesnt mean they can. Just because those 4th graders are going against my 3rd grader doesnt mean anything. Toughen up!! Hit the wall!! Forget about how big they are!! You will get better going against older children. This is 3rd grade YOUTH sports and its time to man up!!! No one said childhood was easy!! Time to step it up!!

Told my 5th grader the same thing. There are no excuses in life. Youth Sports is unfair. Get over it!! HIT THE WALL!!! Time to man up!!! Not sure why he didnt man up a few years ago.

I've got a big slab of cheese for your whine. Son, I'm going to pamper you in life because I'm a helicopter parent and can't stand to see you suffer. You don't ever have to leave home. Mom and I will care for you until we die and then you can live on your inheritance. Remember, my job is to pamper you until I'm 100% sure the world is a "fair" place.

You are talking about pampering your child that couldnt compete with his same age children? Right..That child that couldnt compete with kids his own age so you pampered him with letting him play against younger children. You need to think what you holdback apologists write.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lord

Get over it already. If it’s unfair in your opinion why do you continue to allow your son to play in this league? There are other options.

I will say my son and several of his teammates that are of the correct age handle thier business at practice and at the games. They don’t care what the kids age is or how big the player is.

Stop giving your kid an out when he doesn’t find success. Tell him to continue to work. Go outside with him and WORK. Go to the gym with him and get stronger.

Parents need to stop getting in the car after games and telling thier kid that “it’s ok those kids are reclassed”. It’s bogus. Motivate.

I just gave my 3rd grader and 5th grader the speech. Told them it is time to take the bull by the horns. No more lingering around acting like a child. Lacrosse is serious business and I expect them to act that way. Just because there are players born on same birthday playing down doesnt mean they can. Just because those 4th graders are going against my 3rd grader doesnt mean anything. Toughen up!! Hit the wall!! Forget about how big they are!! You will get better going against older children. This is 3rd grade YOUTH sports and its time to man up!!! No one said childhood was easy!! Time to step it up!!

Told my 5th grader the same thing. There are no excuses in life. Youth Sports is unfair. Get over it!! HIT THE WALL!!! Time to man up!!! Not sure why he didnt man up a few years ago.

Do you realize the 2022 class is in 8th grade. you might want to head over to your forum. But your boys should man up.

Do you realize he was talking in generalities about "" giving your kid an out "". That pertains to all ages and all grade based teams. 3rd graders and 4th graders need to man up. Common sense tells you that youth sports was made for age. Well it is for all sports except Lacrosse. Somehow lacrosse is a special sport that needs grade base to accommodate over age children

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the league is off to a great start with many outstanding 9th grade players. Most teams have the 9th graders now playing as 8th graders. The big thing is who has the most 9th graders . My bet is on the Crabs and Hawks with FCA coming close behind.

Not to worry , many other areas are trending the same way. Problem is that most other areas dont have the private school structure to accommodate all the 9th graders needed to play 8th grade lacrosse.

That is what the 4 other divisions for this age group are for. You choose to play elite than don't come on here and complain about it! You really want someone to listen to your rant when you freely choose to play elite. Know a ton people who feel the way you do and the choose to play in AA or A . Because they are not hypocrites. Then there are some whom simply don't give a hoot and love the competition level for their kids. Kids who are on age and can roll with anyone. Then to call out 3 clubs when every single team playing in the elite divisions has them . MY bet is you are a first class lser.
ps
on age parent who thinks clowns like you are worse than any holdback parent.

I bet every child you have is helback/prefirst to get an advantage over other children same age. They cant make it against children same age, They need an advantage to compete. It just wouldnt be fair without one. I bet you are proud. Keep telling yourself it is ok and right. Everyone else is doing it. And to top it off,,,we get to call ourselves Elite and play in an elite bracket.. Hilarious

What part of that reply did you not get, they made it clear they are not a holdback and don't give a darn about holdbacks because they choose to play with holdbacks. Whats hilarious is all the hypocrites that read between the lines and complain about something that they agreed too. Do you think it was the parents of the holdbacks or the holdbacks themselves that made up the ELITE division or any other division for that matter. Until the system changes every parent has a choice as to what level to play in. Every player in AA,A and B will play in high school, mostly because they made the right choice for club lacrosse or rec. Not the wrong choice then cry the blues when his holdback elite team loses to another holdback elite team. Having 4 levels to choose from is about has fair as can be.

What part of..It is wrong at YOUTH sports that gives certain children an advantaged over other children born on same exact day ...that you not get.

EVERYONE GET ITS ! Until the system changes this is what EVERYONE has to choose from. 4 different levels to choose from. Why is that so hard for you to understand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, lacrosse isn't that different than most sports. Holdbacks for kids who can't compete on age are prevalent in every sport.

They may be prevalent. But Youth lacrosse is the only one that lets them play down in their youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright

April 7
Hawks vs API

18-6 Never Forget

We need to get to the root cause of your fixation on one 7th grade youth lacrosse game. You have passed on defective genes to your super duper Hawk, but if we can figure you out, with therapeutic help, we may get that kid on a more productive path in life.

We await your puerile response to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright

April 7
Hawks vs API

18-6 Never Forget

We need to get to the root cause of your fixation on one 7th grade youth lacrosse game. You have passed on defective genes to your super duper Hawk, but if we can figure you out, with therapeutic help, we may get that kid on a more productive path in life.

We await your puerile response to this.

Dude it's an API dad that post it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lord

Do you realize the 2022 class is in 8th grade. you might want to head over to your forum. But your boys should man up.

Do you realize he was talking in generalities about "" giving your kid an out "". That pertains to all ages and all grade based teams. 3rd graders and 4th graders need to man up. Common sense tells you that youth sports was made for age. Well it is for all sports except Lacrosse. Somehow lacrosse is a special sport that needs grade base to accommodate over age children

Really? Have you visited an AAU Basketball event? Get out of your lacrosse bubble and look around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks
Top 8th graders players
A bracket
B Brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buggs Combs has taken a Solid 2022 diamondback team and turned it into a [ChillLaxin] sandswich plus the 28 players they have now . I would be pissed if I was a parent on that team . No play time for those kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way it changes is when 16 year old Johnnie lays out 13 year old Jimmie who is taken off the field on a stretcher never to play again. I take that back because it happens all the time and nothing changes; winning at all costs has taken over youth sports. Everyone forgets how unsafe this is for the kids who are actually playing the RIGHT way!!

They should just limit the number of holdbacks that can play on any given team, like they typically do in football, where each team can have a certain number of OBLs. That would keep coaches from recruiting as many older players as possible, and/or keep older players from all gravitating to one team to create a super-team. It really does mostly come down to winning though. people get pissed because their on age kids lose to a team full of older players and people who support teams filled with older players gloat when the older team wins. If you are a level minded person and can put things in perspective, its really not that big of a deal. Holdback or not, the kids in 8th grade this year could be playing with/against 12 graders next year. Now thats a major jump in size and strength that has been the norm for decades and nobody complains about it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks
Top 8th graders players
A bracket
B Brackets

About time HOCO came out with the correct bracket names

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buggs Combs has taken a Solid 2022 diamondback team and turned it into a poop plus the 28 players they have now . I would be pissed if I was a parent on that team . No play time for those kids

that 2022 team was never solid, it was a poop sandwich well before he took it over. they never taught the kids how to play defense and it has always been about daddy ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buggs Combs has taken a Solid 2022 diamondback team and turned it into a [ChillLaxin] sandswich plus the 28 players they have now . I would be pissed if I was a parent on that team . No play time for those kids

Not sure how Buggs got roped into coaching this group but he should have stayed away. The 7 coaches were the poster children of daddy ball. Talk about a group of babies. Not sure that i have seen worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how Buggs got roped into coaching this group but he should have stayed away. The 7 coaches were the poster children of daddy ball. Talk about a group of babies. Not sure that i have seen worse.

Don't really have an opinion, but my son played them this weekend and their were only 3 coaches. Not sure why all the hate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a lot of good lacrosse this past weekend. Heard about some other games that were full of talent and fun to watch, with some surprises and some not so much. This is a game with a winner and loser. Trashing coaches and teams at this level is just ignorant. Having a hard time with folks bashing other teams that they have nothing to do with. It is amazing the energy put into other programs that you don't even belong too. So much unbelievable talent for this age group and all people want to do is trash it at every corner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Told my 5th grader the same thing. There are no excuses in life. Youth Sports is unfair. Get over it!! HIT THE WALL!!! Time to man up!!! Not sure why he didnt man up a few years ago. [/quote]

[/quote]

Do you realize he was talking in generalities about "" giving your kid an out "". That pertains to all ages and all grade based teams. 3rd graders and 4th graders need to man up. Common sense tells you that youth sports was made for age. Well it is for all sports except Lacrosse. Somehow lacrosse is a special sport that needs grade base to accommodate over age children[/quote]

Really? Have you visited an AAU Basketball event? Get out of your lacrosse bubble and look around. [/quote]

Does that make it ok? Some of you are rationalizing and accepting it as the norm. USA Hockey instituted all birth year regulations and the reason is because the size disparity and physicallity advantages are a huge risk. It gets ugly fast even when kids are the same age due to size and maturity differences, but it's even worse when kids are only a year older. The same will eventually happen in lacrosse because it will inevitably lead to a a serious injury.

You tough-guy, holdback apologists will be the first hypocrites screaming about holdbacks and older players once your son gets mauled by some kid who should be a 10th grader.

And no, my son was born in Jan 2004 and has not been mauled or injured as a 2022, but a few of his teammates have and they're an "elite" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a lot of good lacrosse this past weekend. Heard about some other games that were full of talent and fun to watch, with some surprises and some not so much. This is a game with a winner and loser. Trashing coaches and teams at this level is just ignorant. Having a hard time with folks bashing other teams that they have nothing to do with. It is amazing the energy put into other programs that you don't even belong too. So much unbelievable talent for this age group and all people want to do is trash it at every corner.

Evergreen never forget

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Saw a lot of good lacrosse this past weekend. Heard about some other games that were full of talent and fun to watch, with some surprises and some not so much. This is a game with a winner and loser. Trashing coaches and teams at this level is just ignorant. Having a hard time with folks bashing other teams that they have nothing to do with. It is amazing the energy put into other programs that you don't even belong too. So much unbelievable talent for this age group and all people want to do is trash it at every corner.

Evergreen never forget[/quote

Evergreen? You must be talking about those little green pine trees people use to hang from their rear view mirrors in their cars years ago. I didn't think they made them any more but if you say "Evergreen never forget" they must be available somewhere. I know you are not talking about lacrosse, if you are, Evergreen never enters the conversation, except when talking about sub par teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Easter to all you trolling, nothing better to do, care more than own kid, helicopter hovering , sideline screaming, hold back, non holdback , coach hating , club bashing , sore loser person bags. Easter is the real start to the lacrosse world. Look forward to coming on seeing and reading the anonymous post from all of you and hope it will continue to being me to laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Easter to all you trolling, nothing better to do, care more than own kid, helicopter hovering , sideline screaming, hold back, non holdback , coach hating , club bashing , sore loser person bags. Easter is the real start to the lacrosse world. Look forward to coming on seeing and reading the anonymous post from all of you and hope it will continue to being me to laugh.

The real start is Easter? Explains why your team looks like rabbit poop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post would have been funny had you proofread. But you blew it, so now it’s not funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the AA teams looking after week 1 games?
Could any of them challenge any Elite teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your post would have been funny had you proofread. But you blew it, so now it’s not funny.

I blew it , dang

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the AA teams looking after week 1 games?
Could any of them challenge any Elite teams?

the best ones didnt play saturday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gane 2 Predictions - What you got?

Madlax - Capital vs. Crabs ----------------------------------------------------------------Madlax in a battle
API Diamondbacks vs. Annapolis Hawks - Green-----------------------------------Hawks BIG
Koopers vs. Team 91------------------------------------------------------------------------Koopers by 3
Roughriders vs. FCA - Blue----------------------------------------------------------------RR BIG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game 2 Predictions - What you got?

Madlax - Capital vs. Crabs ----------------------------------------------------------------Madlax in a battle
API Diamondbacks vs. Annapolis Hawks - Green-----------------------------------Hawks BIG
Koopers vs. Team 91------------------------------------------------------------------------Koopers by 3
Roughriders vs. FCA - Blue----------------------------------------------------------------RR BIG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs kill Madlax 10-5 as RM has gone National with this team, Hawks beat API by 6-8, Don't know about the Koopers-91 team as the rosters are in flux (which out of state ringer shows or doesn't), RR and FCA is a push. Both teams struggled in week 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs kill Madlax 10-5 as RM has gone National with this team, Hawks beat API by 6-8, Don't know about the Koopers-91 team as the rosters are in flux (which out of state ringer shows or doesn't), RR and FCA is a push. Both teams struggled in week 1.

Definitely not a fan of Crabs but my son is friends with many on the team. From what I understand Crabs really has only 1 "import" playing in Hoco. I see MadLax beating Crabs in a tight one. Hawks in a landslide over API. Kooper's blowing out the new look 9D1 team and RR in a close one over FCA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely not a fan of Crabs but my son is friends with many on the team. From what I understand Crabs really has only 1 "import" playing in Hoco. I see MadLax beating Crabs in a tight one. Hawks in a landslide over API. Kooper's blowing out the new look 9D1 team and RR in a close one over FCA.

Is Kooper's 2022 "Dukes 22" in disguise? If that is the case it is going to be a long day for MM!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs win easily as all starting players have their drivers license now, No more missed games due to driver education. Crabs stomp Madlax. Madlax owner has meltdown and calls entire team a bunch of ungrateful quitters. Crabs 18 Madlax 2

Several Hawks holdbacks get into a fender benders with Crabs players leaving their game and cant make game. API destroys them. Mass confusion as referees are confused if it is the Hawks or API that won. Players get confused on what team they play for. Mayhem breaks lose as Buggs goes nuts. Refs throw up hands and game declared a tie 0-0

Team 91 Brilliant Head Coach has Several large Italians on sidelines threatening broken arms. Koopers leave immediately and forfeit game. Team 91 decides to play Team 91 that has flown in for the day. Team 91MD 10 Team91 Texas/Fl/Ga/NC/ 10 Official score for HOCO
Team 91 1, Koopers 0 Forfiet.

FCA Blue has entire starting lineup of players named Kelly. RR's claim several look like they are in college. Coach Kelly tells them that the big man in the sky says it is ok to play, then they play. FCA 41 RR 1

Another great day of lacrosse in the toughest division in youth lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes, Koopers is Dukes. As for Crabs, i love the rumorville but yes 1 kid from out of state is playing, its face off help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs win easily as all starting players have their drivers license now, No more missed games due to driver education. Crabs stomp Madlax. Madlax owner has meltdown and calls entire team a bunch of ungrateful quitters. Crabs 18 Madlax 2

Several Hawks holdbacks get into a fender benders with Crabs players leaving their game and cant make game. API destroys them. Mass confusion as referees are confused if it is the Hawks or API that won. Players get confused on what team they play for. Mayhem breaks lose as Buggs goes nuts. Refs throw up hands and game declared a tie 0-0

Team 91 Brilliant Head Coach has Several large Italians on sidelines threatening broken arms. Koopers leave immediately and forfeit game. Team 91 decides to play Team 91 that has flown in for the day. Team 91MD 10 Team91 Texas/Fl/Ga/NC/ 10 Official score for HOCO

FCA Blue has entire starting lineup of players named Kelly. RR's claim several look like they are in college. Coach Kelly tells them that the big man in the sky says it is ok to play, then they play. FCA 41 RR 1

Love the bitterness! It is exactly what I expected when hoping on this site. Exactly the humor needed for today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the hypocrite parents on this site will stay home this week and let their kids have fun playing lacrosse this weekend. I know its doubtful but just a suggestion. I'm sure the kids don't need another car ride home like every other car ride for the past 3 or 4 years now. In fact I bet they would love to ride with a teammate (possibly a holdback teammate). Just think in a short few months High School will be here and we will be hearing complaints about how they have to play against sophomore's, juniors and seniors. Good thing then is all of Daddies poor decisions in club will still be poor decisions. The player will suffer even more.
Keep hiding and bashing players, teams,coaches and clubs, it says a great deal about ya and will be exposed at the next level. It is confusing too when you bash every team on here, What club is it that you pay money to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the bitterness! It is exactly what I expected when hoping on this site. Exactly the humor needed for today.

You call this humor? You are just as sick as the poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the hypocrite parents on this site will stay home this week and let their kids have fun playing lacrosse this weekend. I know its doubtful but just a suggestion. I'm sure the kids don't need another car ride home like every other car ride for the past 3 or 4 years now. In fact I bet they would love to ride with a teammate (possibly a holdback teammate). Just think in a short few months High School will be here and we will be hearing complaints about how they have to play against sophomore's, juniors and seniors. Good thing then is all of Daddies poor decisions in club will still be poor decisions. The player will suffer even more.
Keep hiding and bashing players, teams,coaches and clubs, it says a great deal about ya and will be exposed at the next level. It is confusing too when you bash every team on here, What club is it that you pay money to?

As a 2 year holdback my son will do just fine against sophmore, juniors, and seniors thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolute gold. Love it!

Page 54 of 64 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard