BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 91 of 214 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anybody know who submits the players to watch list to Newsday?

Coaches Select Key players to watch for each team.

But you usually have to be committed to playing in college or at least on that track. If another sport is your daughters primary sport. She wont get listed even if she should. Happens to lots of the multi sport girls

Not true.

So it just means my little Shannon isn't good enough?

that's correct. and please go sit with your husband, away from the rest of us, we do not want to hear your negative comments. and how your daughter is not getting the ball enough.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you usually have to be committed to playing in college or at least on that track. If another sport is your daughters primary sport. She wont get listed even if she should. Happens to lots of the multi sport girls

Not true.

No. Newsday is a rag. These lists along with the BS High School awards are "everybody gets a trophy". It stinks for kids from programs with a lot of talent because the coach can only pick a limited number. There are most certainly players from GC and the like who receive little or no HS recognition yet go on to have great college careers at solid D1 programs. There are girls who are named all county who couldn't make a top 50 D1 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true.

that's correct. and please go sit with your husband, away from the rest of us, we do not want to hear your negative comments. and how your daughter is not getting the ball enough.

Or better yet, sit with the AD, you call him enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like people are mixing up two different things. There is a list of LI Players to Watch (10 in total from Long Island) and then there is a Key Player on each team list which for Suffolk is close to 200 kids and for Nassau another almost 200 kids. Looks like the key players lists are simply given to Newsday by each coach. I think coaches submit a small number of names for kids that should be on the 10 Players to Watch list and Newsday chooses the final names based on the feedback they get. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like people are mixing up two different things. There is a list of LI Players to Watch (10 in total from Long Island) and then there is a Key Player on each team list which for Suffolk is close to 200 kids and for Nassau another almost 200 kids. Looks like the key players lists are simply given to Newsday by each coach. I think coaches submit a small number of names for kids that should be on the 10 Players to Watch list and Newsday chooses the final names based on the feedback they get. .

So if your school does not have a "Key Player" on the list, one can assume that the coach has a low opinion of the team. Or, it could simply mean that the coach is not truly committed to the program and does not care enough to submit names. Either way, if a team has no "Key Players", then that team is doomed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if your school does not have a "Key Player" on the list, one can assume that the coach has a low opinion of the team. Or, it could simply mean that the coach is not truly committed to the program and does not care enough to submit names. Either way, if a team has no "Key Players", then that team is doomed.

nobody is mixing up anything. we are talking about the KEY PLAYERS FOR EACH TEAM in Suffolk. Read the post above. nobody said anything about LI players to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does any one know of any girls that were left off the Key players in Suffolk List. Just give me a town please. no names

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks unsportsmanlike award goes to Half Hollow ,have 1 ballhog put up 9 points in a 15-0 beat down .So proud .The reason that team stinks is you have ball hog kids with disgusting coaching. The good news is their is plenty of lax left this week for some other program and player to embarrass themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any final scores from today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I take it your helpfulness is because your kid is on the shortlist. Thanks for clearing that up Mom.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does any one know of any girls that were left off the Key players in Suffolk List. Just give me a town please. no names

Unfortunately any town that has more than five strong players will have girls left off the list. Newsday is fake news anyway . I cancelled my subscription 25 years ago (I do check HS Football scores on line). I Refuse to check lacrosse stats. HS lax is all BS (with the exception of the few schools that have real coaches). Stats are meaningless because so many of the teams are so weak and many of the players are not athletic. If your daughter is a strong player at a school that has many strong players and was left off the list stay positive. Do not allow a HS coach to crush her confidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a mid level Nassau school that usually gets their jerks kicked by GC, Manhasset, Wantagh those teams typically get short changed with player awards while we get out token few. Don't get me wrong its nice that our girls get awarded but many years the 2nd stringers on those other teams are better than most of our starters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Beach looking strong 2-0 leading the power division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Beach looking strong 2-0 leading the power division.

Except they lost by 7 to Set

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 4-3 with Wantagh not very impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately any town that has more than five strong players will have girls left off the list. Newsday is fake news anyway . I cancelled my subscription 25 years ago (I do check HS Football scores on line). I Refuse to check lacrosse stats. HS lax is all BS (with the exception of the few schools that have real coaches). Stats are meaningless because so many of the teams are so weak and many of the players are not athletic. If your daughter is a strong player at a school that has many strong players and was left off the list stay positive. Do not allow a HS coach to crush her confidence.

But what if a HS coach doesn't think any player on his team is worthy of a mention? What kind of message does that send to the players? It tells them that he has no faith in his squad to do anything this season. It tells them that he doesn't consider a single one of them a quality lacrosse player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the Manhasset article in Newsday today. Say what you want about the coach but she is better than most and she says she is running out 2 lines of attack because teams with solo or dual threats go nowhere come playoff time and she is right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah - Mt. Sinai has really struggled running their offense through a few key kids only. One line of attack with multiple weapons sounds much smarter. Hard to believe there is not a drop off in ability after attacker #4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But what if a HS coach doesn't think any player on his team is worthy of a mention? What kind of message does that send to the players? It tells them that he has no faith in his squad to do anything this season. It tells them that he doesn't consider a single one of them a quality lacrosse player.

If Newsday is Fake news, what is this site?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try this one on. A coach doesn't submit any names as key players because he feels he has 8 key players and doesn't want to leave a girl off the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WB had several girls not mentioned. Coach plays favorites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah - Mt. Sinai has really struggled running their offense through a few key kids only. One line of attack with multiple weapons sounds much smarter. Hard to believe there is not a drop off in ability after attacker #4.

Manhasset had 2 excellent attackers but now one post the injury. Massapequa dee really wasn't strong. They couldn't do much vs Mt Sinai during the scrimmage on Saturday. sounded like coach babble from their coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset had 2 excellent attackers but now one post the injury. Massapequa dee really wasn't strong. They couldn't do much vs Mt Sinai during the scrimmage on Saturday. sounded like coach babble from their coach.

Yes, definitely coach babble. Far better to have no plan or set offense. Better to just let girls go to goal. That strategy is very effective especially when utilized when competing against well coached teams in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have never seen a player put up 14 goals in a game and the fact that she had zero assists and the game was one sided is an absolute embarrassment.

Looks like Newsday isn't the only paper covering the 14 goals from Wheatley!

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-...chool-girls-players-of-the-week-march-27

Northeast

Sami Rothstein, Wheatley (N.Y.)

Rothstein, a junior, totaled 21 goals and one assist as Wheatley opened the season with two wins. In total, Wheatley scored 29 goals in the two games, so Rothstein has scored 72 percent of her team's goals.

Also notable: Caitlin Cook, Garden City (N.Y.); Jackie Gatti, Massapequa (N.Y.); Ariella Lerner, Great Neck North (N.Y.)

— Will Cleveland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have never seen a player put up 14 goals in a game and the fact that she had zero assists and the game was one sided is an absolute embarrassment.

Northeast

Rothstein, a junior, totaled 21 goals and one assist as Wheatley opened the season with two wins. In total, Wheatley scored 29 goals in the two games, so Rothstein has scored 72 percent of her team's goals.

Also notable: Caitlin Cook, Garden City (N.Y.); Jackie Gatti, Massapequa (N.Y.); Ariella Lerner, Great Neck North (N.Y.)

— Will Cleveland

Stats are praised so much more than anything else. That's the problem with the sport. 1 or 2 goals isn't good enough for parents anymore have the kids shooting for 5, 10 even 14 goals a game. Its a beautiful game when girls share the ball but congrats to Sami.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

— Will Cleveland

Congrats to all the LI girls. I am sure they have all worked hard to get there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

— Will Cleveland

Great to see 2 conf V kids getting the credit they deserve, girls lax is really growing in the US...Maryland and UNC are very lucky to be getting these 2 awesome players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I see a mention of a defender having a great game, then something like this will have credibility...all article does is reinforce the "go to goal", get mine mentality.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

— Will Cleveland

Wish we could say the same for Will Cleveland...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When I see a mention of a defender having a great game, then something like this will have credibility...all article does is reinforce the "go to goal", get mine mentality.....

Defense is minimized in lacrosse so much that ground balls aren't even a stat that is tracked by Newsday only goals and assists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defense is minimalized only by the ignorant and uniformed. Relying on Newsday for any sort of lax info is a killer...except for parents of kids scoring 14 goals in a game...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When I see a mention of a defender having a great game, then something like this will have credibility...all article does is reinforce the "go to goal", get mine mentality.....

Defense is minimized in lacrosse so much that ground balls aren't even a stat that is tracked by Newsday only goals and assists.

***it would be nice if they would include that. At lease they count am assist as much as a goal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

***it would be nice if they would include that. At lease they count am assist as much as a goal

they do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be nice but the stats aren't right in college either, where they do keep track of ground balls and caused turnovers. It's better than nothing though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WB had several girls not mentioned. Coach plays favorites.

WB doesn't have several players worth mentioning...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a few parents video taping our HS games because I would imagine their kids go to goal on the school team 100 times more than they do on their summer teams. Coach doesn't say a word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to CSH ? Losing to Wantagh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a few parents video taping our HS games because I would imagine their kids go to goal on the school team 100 times more than they do on their summer teams. Coach doesn't say a word.

Maybe there videotaping so they have memories of when their kid played in high school. Just like you videotape T-ball games or soccer games. Because before you know what these kids are in college and you miss these days as crazy as they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northeast

— Will Cleveland

Wish we could say the same for Will Cleveland...

Does Massapequa have injuries ? What happened to that lefty attacker committed to UNC, transfer ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to CSH ? Losing to Wantagh

They scored one less goal than Wantagh

Like Reply Quote