BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 110 of 264 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great team support. A loss and you immediately start pointing fingers at people who are all trying to win. What cry babies. If your son is passed over for a freshman who is better, deal with it. That's not the reason they lost.

Hahaha, ok right. Just stop. There aren't any freshman that should be playing, they are only considered because of daddy and the Igloo connection. Bottom line, other than a couple of senior attack and a junior middie, this team just isn't very good. And the Igloo connection and favors are only going to make it worse. It's not working and the hey day of SYO lax will be done in two years because that's when the Igloo connection and favors really take hold. Lean years ahead for a once quality program, ruined by greed and favors.

You can play the blame game or recognize that Syosset much like Hicksville, East Meadow and even Farmingdale to a lesser extent have fallen off due to the influx of various non traditional lax races of people. The demographics in the high school all the way down to the youth program has dramatically been altered and although I agree it's hard for a Frosh to compete at the Varsity level it does help to give the younger guys some quality minutes. It is a tough balancing act and playing a Frosh over an upper classmate does have some advantages especially if you see the team is mediocre, perhaps the younger guy can be better by the end of the season where a kid who is older may be a little bigger or stronger and has already maxed out and really isn't much better. As a coach of a competitive program are you playing the younger guy with hopes he develops or the Senior who isn't really good but he is a senior and has rode the bench for the last two years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest reason kids that are in 9th and 10th graders are playing over 11th and 12th graders is simply because they are better lacrosse players. This is a trend everywhere on Long Island. The biggest thing to keep in mind is its not the 11th and 12th graders fault or their parents or the coaches for that matter. The 2020 class was the first real crazy travel lacrosse year. This is the year of The Crush team and 1 or 2 other teams that played year round at a high level against the best competition they could find since they were in 3rd / 4th grade. The 2021 is the same only there are even more kids that have done this..2022 will be no different.Now they show up in High School and are competing for spots against boys ,that thru no fault of their own , only play during the traditional lacrosse season or maybe for their town teams. Anyone that knows the game can watch 1 practice, scrimmage or game and see a mile away which kids have played year round at a high level and which have not. The stick skills and lacrosse IQ of the travel kids is off the charts compared to the boys that haven't played year round since they were 8 years old.Before that statement in particular gets picked apart, I clearly understand that there are plenty of exceptional 11th/12th graders out there who would run some 9th/10th graders off the field. I feel for the older kids but the game has evolved quickly. So if a 9th/10th grader is physically capable...what is a coach to do? I always think basketball...a superior athlete that doesn't know the game of basketball can be made to look bad by a lesser athlete that knows how to play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM? HAHA They are horrible this year SWR will beat them by double digits!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great team support. A loss and you immediately start pointing fingers at people who are all trying to win. What cry babies. If your son is passed over for a freshman who is better, deal with it. That's not the reason they lost.

Hahaha, ok right. Just stop. There aren't any freshman that should be playing, they are only considered because of daddy and the Igloo connection. Bottom line, other than a couple of senior attack and a junior middie, this team just isn't very good. And the Igloo connection and favors are only going to make it worse. It's not working and the hey day of SYO lax will be done in two years because that's when the Igloo connection and favors really take hold. Lean years ahead for a once quality program, ruined by greed and favors.

...and a mediocre coaching staff. Can't compete with the level of coaching at Pequa.

JC should just hang it up and focus on the Travel Team money train. Unfortunately, Syo AD is also very weak. The program will never come back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right, not enough native Americans in those schools.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not from SWR and don't have any relation on the team but they do have a few verified studs. I do not know how the Quot scrimmage went, but that would be kind of irrelevant to their league play anyway. You are right, B/C will be interesting and there are at least 5 real good teams. As I said before though, SWR till proven otherwise. Hoping for a Huntington turn around, but will be more difficult up in A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can play the blame game or recognize that Syosset much like Hicksville, East Meadow and even Farmingdale to a lesser extent have fallen off due to the influx of various non traditional lax races of people. The demographics in the high school all the way down to the youth program has dramatically been altered and although I agree it's hard for a Frosh to compete at the Varsity level it does help to give the younger guys some quality minutes. It is a tough balancing act and playing a Frosh over an upper classmate does have some advantages especially if you see the team is mediocre, perhaps the younger guy can be better by the end of the season where a kid who is older may be a little bigger or stronger and has already maxed out and really isn't much better. As a coach of a competitive program are you playing the younger guy with hopes he develops or the Senior who isn't really good but he is a senior and has rode the bench for the last two years.

Having recently completed my doctorate in Sociology, My dissertation was on the socio-economic impact on sports in the transitional demographics of the Syosset Central school district and my conclusion was that Garden City is better than Syosset in lacrosse this year with little or no effect of the emerging Eskimo population in the district. or on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good stuff. I like the doctorate conclusion. Grade A.

Rebuttal, But, But, what if, Freshman, wait till later in the season, it was cold, it was wet, its pre-holidays..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest reason kids that are in 9th and 10th graders are playing over 11th and 12th graders is simply because they are better lacrosse players. This is a trend everywhere on Long Island. The biggest thing to keep in mind is its not the 11th and 12th graders fault or their parents or the coaches for that matter. The 2020 class was the first real crazy travel lacrosse year. This is the year of The Crush team and 1 or 2 other teams that played year round at a high level against the best competition they could find since they were in 3rd / 4th grade. The 2021 is the same only there are even more kids that have done this..2022 will be no different.Now they show up in High School and are competing for spots against boys ,that thru no fault of their own , only play during the traditional lacrosse season or maybe for their town teams. Anyone that knows the game can watch 1 practice, scrimmage or game and see a mile away which kids have played year round at a high level and which have not. The stick skills and lacrosse IQ of the travel kids is off the charts compared to the boys that haven't played year round since they were 8 years old.Before that statement in particular gets picked apart, I clearly understand that there are plenty of exceptional 11th/12th graders out there who would run some 9th/10th graders off the field. I feel for the older kids but the game has evolved quickly. So if a 9th/10th grader is physically capable...what is a coach to do? I always think basketball...a superior athlete that doesn't know the game of basketball can be made to look bad by a lesser athlete that knows how to play the game.

Travel lacrosse, year round lacrosse did not start with the 2020 class - the 2011 U15 national championship game (Class of 2014) saw fl$ beat LI Express and in 2012 (class of 2015) 4 of the top 8 teams were from LI and LI Express won the national championships the amount of LI kids starring in college from the HS class of 2014,2015 and 2016 is tremendous. This is not to take away from the 2020's but they are not the "Inventors" of year round travel lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Travel lacrosse, year round lacrosse did not start with the 2020 class - the 2011 U15 national championship game (Class of 2014) saw fl$ beat LI Express and in 2012 (class of 2015) 4 of the top 8 teams were from LI and LI Express won the national championships the amount of LI kids starring in college from the HS class of 2014,2015 and 2016 is tremendous. This is not to take away from the 2020's but they are not the "Inventors" of year round travel lacrosse

I can't get in the original poster's head, but what I think he really means is that the idea of year round play has increased to the point that the 2020 class may have had enough volume of kids participating in that the overall situation reached a tipping point - that class has so many kids playing year round and on enough high level clubs that the sheer numbers elevate everything about them and the numbers of really good players resulting from that has increased.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2020 class was the first real crazy travel lacrosse year. This is the year of The Crush team and 1 or 2 other teams that played year round at a high level against the best competition they could find since they were in 3rd / 4th grade.

I can't get in the original poster's head, but what I think he really means is that the idea of year round play has increased to the point that the 2020 class may have had enough volume of kids participating in that the overall situation reached a tipping point - that class has so many kids playing year round and on enough high level clubs that the sheer numbers elevate everything about them and the numbers of really good players resulting from that has increased.

I am not getting in his head, I am just reading his quote and I think that perhaps he is familiar with the class of 2020 and not as familiar with the classes of 2014 - 2018 these kids all went to Baltimore 4-5 times a year in the spring - summer and fall and they all have had plenty of year round opportunities to compete against the best competition. I personally would take the talent pool of the Class of 2015 over any grade in the last ten years or the next four years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not from SWR and don't have any relation on the team but they do have a few verified studs. I do not know how the Quot scrimmage went, but that would be kind of irrelevant to their league play anyway. You are right, B/C will be interesting and there are at least 5 real good teams. As I said before though, SWR till proven otherwise. Hoping for a Huntington turn around, but will be more difficult up in A.

Id love to know, didnt Quot just play Islip to OT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having recently completed my doctorate in Sociology, My dissertation was on the socio-economic impact on sports in the transitional demographics of the Syosset Central school district and my conclusion was that Garden City is better than Syosset in lacrosse this year with little or no effect of the emerging Eskimo population in the district. or on the team

No question GC was the better team that day and to my point about the demographic change in Syosset there is a direct correlation to the downhill spiral of their football program. The 2015 LI Championships in both Football and Lacrosse were not coincidental. The peppering of football players and the lax rats are the perfect recipe for a successful High School lacrosse program which leads right back to the demographic explanation. The recent influx of families in Syosset are more likely to pick up a string instrument over a pigskin. Good luck to both schools the rest of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthonys and WM just scrimmaged to a 6-6 draw. Both teams looked a little rusty. St. Anthony's won easy over GC last week. Chaminade will be the best team on LI this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthonys and WM just scrimmaged to a 6-6 draw. Both teams looked a little rusty. St. Anthony's won easy over GC last week. Chaminade will be the best team on LI this year.

Well thanks for that info , Chaminade will save Long Island lax. I am nauseous at the though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Seaford have a shot this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown west BIG over GC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many LI kids even go to Prep schools or take PG years? If they are recruiting don't the kids have to be good...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well thanks for that info , Chaminade will save Long Island lax. I am nauseous at the though.

They just easily beat McDonough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Seaford have a shot this year?

Every year!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many LI kids even go to Prep schools or take PG years? If they are recruiting don't the kids have to be good...

Don’t know the numbers but can think of 2 studs .... Kavanagh did a pg before NotreDame and Gutterding did a pg before Duke..
Obvious quality recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t know the numbers but can think of 2 studs .... Kavanagh did a pg before NotreDame and Gutterding did a pg before Duke..

Gutterding was a early hold back and did a PG year. 23 year old senior...the GC way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, both excellent players but gain an edge physically playing as seniors at age 22-23. This has been going on for decades not a new phenomenon also not against any rules .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gutterding was a early hold back and did a PG year. 23 year old senior...the GC way

Fake news. Why the GC hate? Jealous?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Feb 3 1995 someone do the math

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he meant the 2020's was the first class where you saw that amount of talent throughout the entire mid atlantic and northeast. 2020 Class is very strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think that is the GC way however GC diffidently is over rated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rob Pannell of Smithtown did a PG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, both excellent players but gain an edge physically playing as seniors at age 22-23. This has been going on for decades not a new phenomenon also not against any rules .

Ok so maybe my math isn't that great but is a kid is born in 2000 and their birthday is in any time before mid May when most graduations occur wouldn't that make them 22. Also if a kid was born in November or December of 1999 they also could be in the same class as a 2000 birthdate player and a redshirt and they are 23 in their senior year.

Look at the kid at Albany from IMG Academy he was 20 in 2016 according to his NCSA profile.

[img]http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-lacr...ge-catholic-high-school/tehoka-nanticoke[/img]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok so maybe my math isn't that great but is a kid is born in 2000 and their birthday is in any time before mid May when most graduations occur wouldn't that make them 22. Also if a kid was born in November or December of 1999 they also could be in the same class as a 2000 birthdate player and a redshirt and they are 23 in their senior year.

Look at the kid at Albany from IMG Academy he was 20 in 2016 according to his NCSA profile.

[img]http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-lacr...ge-catholic-high-school/tehoka-nanticoke[/img]

So that would make him 21 or 22 year old freshman and he would be 25 or 26 as a senior. Now thats a bit ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So that would make him 21 or 22 year old freshman and he would be 25 or 26 as a senior. Now thats a bit ridiculous.

Why do u think he went to IMG Academy... he was too old to play HS sports in NYS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll translate: GC spanked my kids team, my son was embarrassed, those boys have to be holdbacks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my kid is tearing it up on his club team, if he had just PG'd I am sure he would be starting at Duke and we never would have heard of Guterding. It is just not fair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t find the score anywhere? What was the final? Surprised Mewsday didn’t cover the game at all? Can you post the link to the news story please. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t find the score anywhere? What was the final? Surprised Mewsday didn’t cover the game at all? Can you post the link to the news story please. Thanks

Its a bit harder to find scores than in the past, if you are going to old favorites but its there.

https://scores.newsday.com/sports/highschool (Save this to your favorites)

https://scores.newsday.com/sports/highschool/game/lacrosse-boys/5069

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is on Newsday
https://scores.newsday.com/sports/highschool/team/lacrosse-boys/garden-city/2018

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one get to be a PG player. is it the same as College recruiting. They see you and think you can elevate their team. here is the issue i have, The top players are recruited so is this best for the second tier or those who have that 6'2" dad but is still 5'8" and have skill.

Does Rob Pannell or guys like Gutterding give advice on this. Again, Lacrosse isnt a pro sport but it is a gateway to a better college. If being a an older player means better player. So be it, it is a means to a better future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one get to be a PG player. is it the same as College recruiting. They see you and think you can elevate their team. here is the issue i have, The top players are recruited so is this best for the second tier or those who have that 6'2" dad but is still 5'8" and have skill.

Does Rob Pannell or guys like Gutterding give advice on this. Again, Lacrosse isnt a pro sport but it is a gateway to a better college. If being a an older player means better player. So be it, it is a means to a better future.

Most kids that do a PG year after HS are already committed to a college and they are PG'ing either to mature physically for another year or maybe to get their grades up to get into the school, Pannell had signed his NLI so he decided to PG and switch commitments. When going through the recruiting process a lot of colleges will ask the recruit if he would consider PG'ing a year. similar to Army and Navy sending so many kids to prep. I know of a few kids that were told "our 2017 class is full at your position but if you PG we will commit to you in our 2019 class"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a bit harder to find scores than in the past, if you are going to old favorites but its there.

https://scores.newsday.com/sports/highschool (Save this to your favorites)

https://scores.newsday.com/sports/highschool/game/lacrosse-boys/5069

GC squashes the press for all its bad games

Like Reply Quote
Page 110 of 264 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard