BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 52 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apuzzo outplays McCool and UNC. Look at the numbers.

Apuzzo 4 goals, 5 assists, 9 DC, 2 CT, 2 GB
McCool 2 goals, 1 assists, 8 DC, 0 CT, 2 GB, 2 TO

Apuzzo clearly out played McCool. Now who were you saying you would start your team with.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Apuzzo lighting up UNC. and McCool.

Looks like they took McCool off of draw.. can't compete with Apuzzo.

Its a no brainer who I would take.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC team quit on the game at 13-10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c
2 players have a legit shot at the teewarrtin award. Apuzzo and McCool that's it. who evers team goes further in the tournament will win the award. plain and simple. end of discussion. no one else is worthy.

Sorry there are others but I would not argue that they are near the to of the list. If that the case it will depend on how much the committee values the defensive side of the game as McCool is in my opinion possibly the best player in college on the defensive side of the ball.

McCool's first two years were her best, in 6 competitive games this year 21 goals on 56 shots (37%), 3 assists, 2 more Turnovers than Caused TO (11/9), Below average FP shot percentage,12 GB & 51 DC - the DC's are the only top ten category she's in regarding any offensive or defensive metric. The double digit shots every game seems to have slowed down, perhaps Levy spoke to her. Great player, but seems to have drifted from the team concept that initially made her great. That being said, being on team USA and the UNC marketing machine will go a long way with the voters so anything is possible

Honestly if you are going to post at least have a clue ,first off your stats are not even remotely close to correct , second comparing stats is ridiculous unless teams have played schedules that are comparable .You obviously have not watched her play and instead of saying someone does not deserve it why don’t you tell us who does. Marketing machine is laughable ,you must have them confused w Stony Brook.

Did McCool play today? I didn't notice her on the field...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an easy one. Go look at the big time rosters and the degrees the players are pursuing and in most instances the most popular majors of the school are way under indexed by the players and replaced with communications and the like. Not a lot of Pre Med, nurses, engineers. Coaches want these kids to be available to play, win championships and graduate

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your
average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.

I don’t necessarily know of any coach that has steered a player to certain major. I do know that many coaches try to steer kids AWAY from certain majors due to the time commitment. One of those being nursing. That happened to my daughter.

As a nurse educator I can tell you it is next to impossible to commit to a D1 program and complete the required clinical hours needed to sit for nursing licensure if you want to finish in 4 years. Nursing is not a program where you can save your clinical requirements to the last semester or a fifth year. Each clinical course has a didactic, clinical and sometimes lab or simulation requirement. Coaches are wise to track athletes away from this major as they would be set up for failure. Now completing a degree that includes many of the pre-requisite courses for nursing and then going on for a fifth year in an accelerated BS to RN is possible. But again, you are not playing, lifting, committed 7 days a week to a sport that fifth year. I would think there are other majors that may require the same components....point being you shouldn't bash girls for their choice of majors.

And yet my oldest was able to go thru the nursing program at a top level d1 lacrosse school in 4 years . Was it easy ,no . Did she have to take a lot of summer courses , yes. Did she have to speak with her coaches , professors , etc in an open and honest and sometimes uncomfortable situations , yes. It can be done and if that is what you are looking for then I would make sure some have managed to do it before you and then go for it .

Interesting that I don't see any nurses playing at BC or SB. just sayin

Yeah no nurses at SB. It’s a medical school stunad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Apuzzo your embarrassing yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an easy one. Go look at the big time rosters and the degrees the players are pursuing and in most instances the most popular majors of the school are way under indexed by the players and replaced with communications and the like. Not a lot of Pre Med, nurses, engineers. Coaches want these kids to be available to play, win championships and graduate

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your
average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.

I don’t necessarily know of any coach that has steered a player to certain major. I do know that many coaches try to steer kids AWAY from certain majors due to the time commitment. One of those being nursing. That happened to my daughter.

As a nurse educator I can tell you it is next to impossible to commit to a D1 program and complete the required clinical hours needed to sit for nursing licensure if you want to finish in 4 years. Nursing is not a program where you can save your clinical requirements to the last semester or a fifth year. Each clinical course has a didactic, clinical and sometimes lab or simulation requirement. Coaches are wise to track athletes away from this major as they would be set up for failure. Now completing a degree that includes many of the pre-requisite courses for nursing and then going on for a fifth year in an accelerated BS to RN is possible. But again, you are not playing, lifting, committed 7 days a week to a sport that fifth year. I would think there are other majors that may require the same components....point being you shouldn't bash girls for their choice of majors.

And yet my oldest was able to go thru the nursing program at a top level d1 lacrosse school in 4 years . Was it easy ,no . Did she have to take a lot of summer courses , yes. Did she have to speak with her coaches , professors , etc in an open and honest and sometimes uncomfortable situations , yes. It can be done and if that is what you are looking for then I would make sure some have managed to do it before you and then go for it .

Congrats to your daughter, it’s tough enough without the lax time commitment. To add what the poster above said, nursing is a sequential program and if you fall below the required gpa in any core class you are usually out of the program and or will have to re-apply if you wish to continue. You will then need to retake the failed class that is only offered once a year which means you will now have to take an additional year whether you like it or not. Would definitely take a focused driven individual with a very supportive coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.[/quote]

[/quote]

As a nurse educator I can tell you it is next to impossible to commit to a D1 program and complete the required clinical hours needed to sit for nursing licensure if you want to finish in 4 years. Nursing is not a program where you can save your clinical requirements to the last semester or a fifth year. Each clinical course has a didactic, clinical and sometimes lab or simulation requirement. Coaches are wise to track athletes away from this major as they would be set up for failure. Now completing a degree that includes many of the pre-requisite courses for nursing and then going on for a fifth year in an accelerated BS to RN is possible. But again, you are not playing, lifting, committed 7 days a week to a sport that fifth year. I would think there are other majors that may require the same components....point being you shouldn't bash girls for their choice of majors. [/quote]

And yet my oldest was able to go thru the nursing program at a top level d1 lacrosse school in 4 years . Was it easy ,no . Did she have to take a lot of summer courses , yes. Did she have to speak with her coaches , professors , etc in an open and honest and sometimes uncomfortable situations , yes. It can be done and if that is what you are looking for then I would make sure some have managed to do it before you and then go for it .[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah no nurses at SB. It’s a medical school stunad[/quote]

You must have been so blinded by the stadium and women’s locker room on the campus tour that you missed they have a top nursing program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, quit it. You have no idea who is saying what. I am a big Apuzzo fan, as is my family, and we are not Apuzzos. Are we only allowed to root for SB here? If you're not championing an Ohlmiller then you're wrong???

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Is a 3-point loss to MD really JMU giving MD "all they can handle"? Debate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, quit it. You have no idea who is saying what. I am a big Apuzzo fan, as is my family, and we are not Apuzzos. Are we only allowed to root for SB here? If you're not championing an Ohlmiller then you're wrong???

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Let's talk about Syracuse losing to ND.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Yes, do. I was traveling today and didn't get to see anything. Did ND come back with spark? Was SU just off?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Yes, do. I was traveling today and didn't get to see anything. Did ND come back with spark? Was SU just off?

ND looked like,a different team. Defense looked really good and girls were hustling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

I would not say all you can handle but certainly a very competitive game. Down 2 with under 3 minutes left on the road at Maryland is highly competitive. Do they have enough to get a victory, not sure but JMU certainly earned respect as a top 10 program through this point in the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Apuzzo please stop don't turn everyone against your daughter because of the way you act BE better "my family are Apuzzo fans" please stop. Embarrassing !

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Daddy Apuzzo please stop don't turn everyone against your daughter because of the way you act BE better "my family are Apuzzo fans" please stop. Embarrassing !

I'm an Apuzzo fan and not her dad. Also not so anon, unlike you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be interesting down the stretch. Many teams have a legit chance to win it all. Watch the goal scorers all that you want. The team that plays the best team defense (including riding /re-defending and goalie play) will win the National Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop accusing people. Its anon for a reason and it probably isn't Mr.Apuzzo. Shutup you're bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have met the Apuzzo's you would know that they have much more class and are much more modest than most people on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have met the Apuzzo's you would know that they have much more class and are much more modest than most people on this site.

true!! nicest people and Sam is so humble, unlike KO and JS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ .

[/quote]

Go hit the wall with your kid [ChillLaxin]. Its one of the most competitive cost effective nursing programs in the country. Another get recruited at all cost parent who has lacrosse and academics flipped in priority

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop accusing people. Its anon for a reason and it probably isn't Mr.Apuzzo. Shutup you're bitter.

Yes, lots of jealous, bitter haters as well as pot stirring trouble makers on here .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be interesting down the stretch. Many teams have a legit chance to win it all. Watch the goal scorers all that you want. The team that plays the best team defense (including riding /re-defending and goalie play) will win the National Championship.

I agree. Way too much attention is focused on goal scoring stats. It starts in High School where there are no defensive stats, there are still way too many parents that never see the "whole" game and love to see their kid make an individual effort to score a low percentage goal.
You can see it with a lot of the weaker college teams, they still use poor offensive strategy and try to power through the defense with an individual effort and take a weak shot. Unfortunately sometimes that works and people celebrate that goal.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[ .

Go hit the wall with your kid. Its one of the most competitive cost effective nursing programs in the country. Another get recruited at all cost parent who has lacrosse and academics flipped in priority
[/quote]

Isn't the first person quoted saying there are no nursing students on the WLAX team at SBU, and not that there isn't school of nursing there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Good for BC, they get ripped on this site for any number of reasons. Coach stinks, schedule soft, recruits and players not as good as the top schools, their top player not as good as so and so, cannot win without Kent and the list goes on. It was a great win and at least for the next few days give BC a break, they earned it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know some highly touted LI freshmen that aren't delivering yet, but who are the LI Freshmen that are off to a fast start and lighting it up in their first college season? I am sure there are some surprises. Anyone.....?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats your criteria for "delivering" lol is there a specific variable on amount of goals, assists, draw controls, ground balls, caused turnovers, etc?? A lot goes into freshmen year including upper classmen, do they get the freshmen involved? Are there a lot of position players in that freshmen's spot? From what I can see the top 10 LI freshmen all start, have 20+ points, or close, draw controls, gbs, and are all contributing to their teams. Are you gonna call out names?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is killing it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stanford over USC in OT. Go Card.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats your criteria for "delivering" lol is there a specific variable on amount of goals, assists, draw controls, ground balls, caused turnovers, etc?? A lot goes into freshmen year including upper classmen, do they get the freshmen involved? Are there a lot of position players in that freshmen's spot? From what I can see the top 10 LI freshmen all start, have 20+ points, or close, draw controls, gbs, and are all contributing to their teams. Are you gonna call out names?

Any freshmen top 3 in scoring on their teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you asking here?? Unless you're trying to draw attention to you daughter?? Go on NCAA stats like a normal person with half a brain if you really want to know! Sounds like an idiotic HS FB mom's post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Way too much attention is focused on goal scoring stats. It starts in High School where there are no defensive stats, there are still way too many parents that never see the "whole" game and love to see their kid make an individual effort to score a low percentage goal.
You can see it with a lot of the weaker college teams, they still use poor offensive strategy and try to power through the defense with an individual effort and take a weak shot. Unfortunately sometimes that works and people celebrate that goal.

Virtually every team, including all the top 20 D1 teams, has players that try and power through the defense and take weak shots all the time. Unfortunately, all too often they are rewarded with an 8 meter shot, so they will keep on doing it until refs start calling charges

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Virtually every team, including all the top 20 D1 teams, has players that try and power through the defense and take weak shots all the time. Unfortunately, all too often they are rewarded with an 8 meter shot, so they will keep on doing it until refs start calling charges

Many teams may have a selfish player or two but the better teams do not rely on that style of play to win games. When the competition heats up (during the playoffs) selfish play will usually be exposed and ultimately hurt the team. Teams that are built from back to front (D up through the midfield including the draw) and play smart team lacrosse will have more success. Teams that have smart "goal scoring" attackers are not the same as teams that have selfish middies and or attack who will take foolish shots, charge, hold the ball too long, turn it over etc.... The crazy thing is: Mommy and Daddy don't see it. The only thing they see is their daughter going to the goal (and they think that is good). Have you ever been standing next to one of them when their daughter attempts to run through multiple defenders, falls down and loses the ball? The dad will say "she is the only one doing anything out there" or something to that effect. Doesn't matter if it is HS or College, selfish play will always hurt the team and coaches who allow it will not be very successful come playoff time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Many teams may have a selfish player or two but the better teams do not rely on that style of play to win games. When the competition heats up (during the playoffs) selfish play will usually be exposed and ultimately hurt the team. Teams that are built from back to front (D up through the midfield including the draw) and play smart team lacrosse will have more success. Teams that have smart "goal scoring" attackers are not the same as teams that have selfish middies and or attack who will take foolish shots, charge, hold the ball too long, turn it over etc.... The crazy thing is: Mommy and Daddy don't see it. The only thing they see is their daughter going to the goal (and they think that is good). Have you ever been standing next to one of them when their daughter attempts to run through multiple defenders, falls down and loses the ball? The dad will say "she is the only one doing anything out there" or something to that effect. Doesn't matter if it is HS or College, selfish play will always hurt the team and coaches who allow it will not be very successful come playoff time.[/quote]

Whoa this post makes too much sense. Especially about the moms and dads who think their kid has to force everything to keep the individual point totals up. Nothing is more frustrating than watching the hogs force it and not dish to the open girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there any juniors top 3 in scoring on there teams? you stunad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is killing it

and my daughter is the best. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook's schedule is such a joke. Im sick of hearing " They are in a bad league" Loyola is a weak conference too and JA goes out of her way to schedule tough games. Why are they number one if they havent beat a top 10 team? Whoever wins the ACC and Big 10 should be seeded higher than SB, not matter the record. Penn state and Towson are SB's toughest games and PSU is barely ranked. The thing is they are definitely skilled enough to play those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In college football they have always seem to penalize teams that play a cupcake schedule or are in a cupcake league. Just look at UCF and their undefeated season. I have more respect for Northwestern getting in with 8 or 9 close losses to top programs than a stony brook who only plays a couple of big games. JS is threading the propaganda needle and its working. He has the top ranked team in every pole out there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Apuzzo outplays McCool and UNC. Look at the numbers.

Apuzzo 4 goals, 5 assists, 9 DC, 2 CT, 2 GB
McCool 2 goals, 1 assists, 8 DC, 0 CT, 2 GB, 2 TO

Apuzzo clearly out played McCool. Now who were you saying you would start your team with.

Apuzzo can't be the best player in college lax if she didn't play for YJ. Can she?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apuzzo can't be the best player in college lax if she didn't play for YJ. Can she?

Now this is gold!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook's schedule is such a joke. Im sick of hearing " They are in a bad league" Loyola is a weak conference too and JA goes out of her way to schedule tough games. Why are they number one if they havent beat a top 10 team? Whoever wins the ACC and Big 10 should be seeded higher than SB, not matter the record. Penn state and Towson are SB's toughest games and PSU is barely ranked. The thing is they are definitely skilled enough to play those teams.

Not a huge fan of JS - but USC, Stanford, Northwestern, Towson, and Denver were all ranked. I don't think the schedule is a joke.

Page 20 of 52 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard