BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 85 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL posted, smooth sailing for 90+1 A and Express A, that was to be expected. Looks like S2S, SweetLax, TB and Express B will be the toughest bracket. Meaning who wins it, not saying there the best teams please don't misunderstand me. 4 equal teams the games should be good. Well anyway good luck to all the teams there, hopefully we keep the Championship on Long Island.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WSYL posted, smooth sailing for 90+1 A and Express A, that was to be expected. Looks like S2S, SweetLax, TB and Express B will be the toughest bracket. Meaning who wins it, not saying there the best teams please don't misunderstand me. 4 equal teams the games should be good. Well anyway good luck to all the teams there, hopefully we keep the Championship on Long Island.

"they're"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is probably the best in that group should handle TB and Express B without much of a problem not sure about Primetime though. STS alresdy beat Express A when they played. It's going to be 91, Express A, Igloo A, S2S, the rest depends on how many teams they take. The only certain thing the WSYL has done for long Island is bring all the best teams here to Finally play in the same Tournament now if we can only get them to just play each other there would be no reason to ever leave to play Elsewhere. All the out of state teams would flock here to try and enter tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is probably the best in that group should handle TB and Express B without much of a problem not sure about Primetime though. STS alresdy beat Express A when they played. It's going to be 91, Express A, Igloo A, S2S, the rest depends on how many teams they take. The only certain thing the WSYL has done for long Island is bring all the best teams here to Finally play in the same Tournament now if we can only get them to just play each other there would be no reason to ever leave to play Elsewhere. All the out of state teams would flock here to try and enter tournaments.

Honestly, it depends on whether or not S2S plays with an age-elible roster. It they bring their current roster, then I would agree with you; however, there are at least 2 critical players that don't meet the cutoff. They are impact players on that team and they can change the game. If they stay home, as they should, then S2S struggles in every game. I'm not sure about the rosters on the other teams, but Primetime is definitely solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly, it depends on whether or not S2S plays with an age-elible roster. It they bring their current roster, then I would agree with you; however, there are at least 2 critical players that don't meet the cutoff. They are impact players on that team and they can change the game. If they stay home, as they should, then S2S struggles in every game. I'm not sure about the rosters on the other teams, but Primetime is definitely solid.

I don't see how S2S or any other team for that matter can allow age ineligible players to participate. The rules are clear and it would bring undo criticism on those boys and their families.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see how S2S or any other team for that matter can allow age ineligible players to participate. The rules are clear and it would bring undo criticism on those boys and their families.

I would bet they aren't the only team with this issue. I had heard that they decided as a team they weren't going. Guess we will have to wait and see who qualifies and who goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is this schedule posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good thing everyone is on age and don't have to worry about your issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Outlaws and Legacy and True Blue want to get destroyed?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S couldn't handle TB last time they played - they Lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo B, Express B, Warriors and True Blue are wasting their time. S2S will be lucky if they hang in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo B, Express B, Warriors and True Blue are wasting their time. S2S will be lucky if they hang in.

Hey, anything can happen. Look at Loyola of Chicago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB is the best team on LI.You'll see once we destroy your teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Outlaws and Legacy and True Blue want to get destroyed?

None of the teams want to get destroyed. All of these teams want to get better and you can only do that by playing better teams and learning from mistakes. Encourage the teams instead of being a hater. This is a great tournament and will be the only time you will ever get all the best teams (AA and A level) on LI area playing one another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll what???? Lol. This is just comical. If any of the teams above win and the usual A teams don't, it will because they had a good day and the other had a bad day. Those B...I mean AA teams will spend 10k to get pummeled in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
warrior all America???? Crickets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not crickets. People were fooled i mean scammed big time last year by the tryouts. JS hand selected the teams pretty much and told everyone thank you for your $185 donation. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. So if a lot of people do it this year it may just to have their kid go against some of the best kids in the age group. We all know it's a donation to the JS/Chan teeth whitening fund

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not crickets. People were fooled i mean scammed big time last year by the tryouts. JS hand selected the teams pretty much and told everyone thank you for your $185 donation. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. So if a lot of people do it this year it may just to have their kid go against some of the best kids in the age group. We all know it's a donation to the JS/Chan teeth whitening fund

More people are taking advantage of the send in your video clause to make the team. No need to attend tryouts anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More people are taking advantage of the send in your video clause to make the team. No need to attend tryouts anymore.

Thanks for the info. I can stay home order take out with the $ and send in a video. This seems like a win win for everyone involved. I don't think JS would be too happy loosing out on the donations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best kids aren't showing up to play your son. They're already picked. They're not coming to the event. They mailed in a video.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smarten up people and stop handing over your hard earned money so easily. Before shelling out that amount of coin, ask yourself; a year from then, will the Warrior Games make a difference in the over all scheme of things?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction 4-5 ineligible players and everyone knows who they are...so we will be watching ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll what???? Lol. This is just comical. If any of the teams above win and the usual A teams don't, it will because they had a good day and the other had a bad day. Those B...I mean AA teams will spend 10k to get pummeled in Denver.

Isn't that why they play the game? Don't we tell them to give it their all every time they're on the field because any team can win on any given day? No one is forcing anyone to go. There are players on many of the teams that will not be attending. That's fine. This tournament is about the experience. It's not all about winning; although, most LI teams are going to win far more than they'll lose. And FYI, no scholarships will be doled out in July; however, the boys will likely remember the experience for a very long time.

$10K? Please... I don't fly first class smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see a team knock the Bandits off the mountaintop but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon! And accept the fact they are going to win Denver!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smarten up people and stop handing over your hard earned money so easily. Before shelling out that amount of coin, ask yourself; a year from then, will the Warrior Games make a difference in the over all scheme of things?

All of the people that are trashing the Warrior Games obviously didn't attend. I was there with my son and it was awesome. The kids had a great time and they were able to spend some time meeting and befriending kids that they normally play against. You people that say it was fixed are off your rockers. Was the team made up of mostly Bandits and Express? Of course! Those two teams make up many of the top players in the age group. Many S2S and Igloo kids opted not to try out, instead playing in the Brine games. There were still several players on the team that were not on either of those teams.

Furthermore, the reason that there's "crickets" for the All American Games this year is because many of the top players will be playing in Denver. Most people figure tha that's enough of a monetary commitment for 12/13 year old boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that why they play the game? Don't we tell them to give it their all every time they're on the field because any team can win on any given day? No one is forcing anyone to go. There are players on many of the teams that will not be attending. That's fine. This tournament is about the experience. It's not all about winning; although, most LI teams are going to win far more than they'll lose. And FYI, no scholarships will be doled out in July; however, the boys will likely remember the experience for a very long time.

$10K? Please... I don't fly first class smile

I'm going to puke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the people that are trashing the Warrior Games obviously didn't attend. I was there with my son and it was awesome. The kids had a great time and they were able to spend some time meeting and befriending kids that they normally play against. You people that say it was fixed are off your rockers. Was the team made up of mostly Bandits and Express? Of course! Those two teams make up many of the top players in the age group. Many S2S and Igloo kids opted not to try out, instead playing in the Brine games. There were still several players on the team that were not on either of those teams.

Furthermore, the reason that there's "crickets" for the All American Games this year is because many of the top players will be playing in Denver. Most people figure tha that's enough of a monetary commitment for 12/13 year old boys.

Oh stop it tell everyone how the tryout was done and how the teams were split at tryout. You can't have a team of all Bandits and Express players on one team and everyone else at the tryout on the second team. Then last minute they said oh we are looking at video that will be sent in by players. People are not stupid if you were there to watch the tryout and you would understand why people won't pay to tryout for a team that's already chosen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh stop it tell everyone how the tryout was done and how the teams were split at tryout. You can't have a team of all Bandits and Express players on one team and everyone else at the tryout on the second team. Then last minute they said oh we are looking at video that will be sent in by players. People are not stupid if you were there to watch the tryout and you would understand why people won't pay to tryout for a team that's already chosen.

Ok. The tryout started like every tryout. Kids were broken up randomly into groups and rotated through different drills. Drills that determined which players showed the most skill. Then, for the second half of the tryout, the kids that were deemed most skilled went on one team (the players were mostly from Express and Bandits because those teams had many of the best kids that were at the tryout). The second group of players went on the other. During those full field scrimmages, some players on the second team showed to be better players than expected. Similarly, some players on the first team did not shine. When the final roster was assembled, most of the kids from the first team and 3-4 kids from the second team were invited to the games. That's how tryouts work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. The tryout started like every tryout. Kids were broken up randomly into groups and rotated through different drills. Drills that determined which players showed the most skill. Then, for the second half of the tryout, the kids that were deemed most skilled went on one team (the players were mostly from Express and Bandits because those teams had many of the best kids that were at the tryout). The second group of players went on the other. During those full field scrimmages, some players on the second team showed to be better players than expected. Similarly, some players on the first team did not shine. When the final roster was assembled, most of the kids from the first team and 3-4 kids from the second team were invited to the games. That's how tryouts work.

You must be JS or Chan. Either way, you're a total fool. That's the problem with your shams, you keep telling yourself that you're not crooked, but the public knows your a bafoon. I was there, I saw, and my son listened to the bs speech. Go back to your blow hole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a buffoon. That is how it is supposed to work but if you think that is really what happened then you have not got a clue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be JS or Chan. Either way, you're a total fool. That's the problem with your shams, you keep telling yourself that you're not crooked, but the public knows your a bafoon. I was there, I saw, and my son listened to the bs speech. Go back to your blow hole.

Sounds right. Person must have some skin in the process to post that type of reply. Believe me, they will sell your the Brooklyn bridge if you pay for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World series qualifier two weeeks away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a buffoon. That is how it is supposed to work but if you think that is really what happened then you have not got a clue.

That's exactly how it went. And no, I have no skin in the game at all. Either you weren't there or your son is not as good as you think he is. You trash an event simply because your son didn't make the team. You have no clue what you're talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's exactly how it went. And no, I have no skin in the game at all. Either you weren't there or your son is not as good as you think he is. You trash an event simply because your son didn't make the team. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Are you saying that there are only 25 or how may players that had on that team good enough to make the roster that day. If you believe that then there is no need to speak with you. The process was clearly rigged. You don't go down the line and pick random numbers and have all your players + players from the co sponsor of the even on the same team and everyone else on a different team. If you told me they did this after a 3 day tryout then I would say yes they had enough time to evaluate each of the kids and no kid outside of that group has a remarkable 1 day so his skills were miss judged. They decided who they would take after doing a few small area drills plus 3 kids from the other team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go!!!! Self proclaimed best team on LI. Why bother beating other teams when you can just say you're the best!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go!!!! Self proclaimed best team on LI. Why bother beating other teams when you can just say you're the best!!

Are you really that big a fool to have taken this post as being serious?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The North \ South split is going to kill the Warrior Games this year. Bad move. Also give the MVP Awards out to the kids that deserve it this year. Was a political award last year and given to a member of each club team so that people come back this year. Be smart people and this can last a long time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really that big a fool to have taken this post as being serious?!

Having been across the sidelines from these whacko parents, yes....he is being serious!

Page 64 of 85 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard