Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:04 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 11:53 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by SAT1234 - 07/06/22 11:48 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 138 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 137 138
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
TM@BOTC #260145 03/24/18 05:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Apuzzo your embarrassing yourself.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #260149 03/24/18 05:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is an easy one. Go look at the big time rosters and the degrees the players are pursuing and in most instances the most popular majors of the school are way under indexed by the players and replaced with communications and the like. Not a lot of Pre Med, nurses, engineers. Coaches want these kids to be available to play, win championships and graduate

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your
average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.

I don’t necessarily know of any coach that has steered a player to certain major. I do know that many coaches try to steer kids AWAY from certain majors due to the time commitment. One of those being nursing. That happened to my daughter.

As a nurse educator I can tell you it is next to impossible to commit to a D1 program and complete the required clinical hours needed to sit for nursing licensure if you want to finish in 4 years. Nursing is not a program where you can save your clinical requirements to the last semester or a fifth year. Each clinical course has a didactic, clinical and sometimes lab or simulation requirement. Coaches are wise to track athletes away from this major as they would be set up for failure. Now completing a degree that includes many of the pre-requisite courses for nursing and then going on for a fifth year in an accelerated BS to RN is possible. But again, you are not playing, lifting, committed 7 days a week to a sport that fifth year. I would think there are other majors that may require the same components....point being you shouldn't bash girls for their choice of majors.

And yet my oldest was able to go thru the nursing program at a top level d1 lacrosse school in 4 years . Was it easy ,no . Did she have to take a lot of summer courses , yes. Did she have to speak with her coaches , professors , etc in an open and honest and sometimes uncomfortable situations , yes. It can be done and if that is what you are looking for then I would make sure some have managed to do it before you and then go for it .

Congrats to your daughter, it’s tough enough without the lax time commitment. To add what the poster above said, nursing is a sequential program and if you fall below the required gpa in any core class you are usually out of the program and or will have to re-apply if you wish to continue. You will then need to retake the failed class that is only offered once a year which means you will now have to take an additional year whether you like it or not. Would definitely take a focused driven individual with a very supportive coach.

Anonymous #260150 03/24/18 05:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your
average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.[/quote]

I don’t necessarily know of any coach that has steered a player to certain major. I do know that many coaches try to steer kids AWAY from certain majors due to the time commitment. One of those being nursing. That happened to my daughter.
[/quote]

As a nurse educator I can tell you it is next to impossible to commit to a D1 program and complete the required clinical hours needed to sit for nursing licensure if you want to finish in 4 years. Nursing is not a program where you can save your clinical requirements to the last semester or a fifth year. Each clinical course has a didactic, clinical and sometimes lab or simulation requirement. Coaches are wise to track athletes away from this major as they would be set up for failure. Now completing a degree that includes many of the pre-requisite courses for nursing and then going on for a fifth year in an accelerated BS to RN is possible. But again, you are not playing, lifting, committed 7 days a week to a sport that fifth year. I would think there are other majors that may require the same components....point being you shouldn't bash girls for their choice of majors. [/quote]

And yet my oldest was able to go thru the nursing program at a top level d1 lacrosse school in 4 years . Was it easy ,no . Did she have to take a lot of summer courses , yes. Did she have to speak with her coaches , professors , etc in an open and honest and sometimes uncomfortable situations , yes. It can be done and if that is what you are looking for then I would make sure some have managed to do it before you and then go for it .[/quote]

Interesting that I don't see any nurses playing at BC or SB. just sayin
[/quote]
Yeah no nurses at SB. It’s a medical school stunad[/quote]

You must have been so blinded by the stadium and women’s locker room on the campus tour that you missed they have a top nursing program.

Anonymous #260154 03/24/18 06:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, quit it. You have no idea who is saying what. I am a big Apuzzo fan, as is my family, and we are not Apuzzos. Are we only allowed to root for SB here? If you're not championing an Ohlmiller then you're wrong???

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Is a 3-point loss to MD really JMU giving MD "all they can handle"? Debate.

TM@BOTC #260159 03/24/18 08:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, quit it. You have no idea who is saying what. I am a big Apuzzo fan, as is my family, and we are not Apuzzos. Are we only allowed to root for SB here? If you're not championing an Ohlmiller then you're wrong???

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Let's talk about Syracuse losing to ND.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #260160 03/24/18 08:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Yes, do. I was traveling today and didn't get to see anything. Did ND come back with spark? Was SU just off?

Anonymous #260162 03/24/18 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

Yes, do. I was traveling today and didn't get to see anything. Did ND come back with spark? Was SU just off?

ND looked like,a different team. Defense looked really good and girls were hustling.

Anonymous #260176 03/24/18 11:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC beat UNC.
JMU lost to MD.

Lets talk about that.

I would not say all you can handle but certainly a very competitive game. Down 2 with under 3 minutes left on the road at Maryland is highly competitive. Do they have enough to get a victory, not sure but JMU certainly earned respect as a top 10 program through this point in the season.

TM@BOTC #260177 03/25/18 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Apuzzo please stop don't turn everyone against your daughter because of the way you act BE better "my family are Apuzzo fans" please stop. Embarrassing !

Anonymous #260184 03/25/18 08:48 AM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P
Daddy Apuzzo please stop don't turn everyone against your daughter because of the way you act BE better "my family are Apuzzo fans" please stop. Embarrassing !

I'm an Apuzzo fan and not her dad. Also not so anon, unlike you.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #260185 03/25/18 08:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be interesting down the stretch. Many teams have a legit chance to win it all. Watch the goal scorers all that you want. The team that plays the best team defense (including riding /re-defending and goalie play) will win the National Championship.

Anonymous #260196 03/25/18 10:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop accusing people. Its anon for a reason and it probably isn't Mr.Apuzzo. Shutup you're bitter.

TM@BOTC #260197 03/25/18 10:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have met the Apuzzo's you would know that they have much more class and are much more modest than most people on this site.

Anonymous #260200 03/25/18 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have met the Apuzzo's you would know that they have much more class and are much more modest than most people on this site.

true!! nicest people and Sam is so humble, unlike KO and JS.

Anonymous #260203 03/25/18 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ .

Interesting that I don't see any nurses playing at BC or SB. just sayin
[/quote]

Yeah no nurses at SB. It’s a medical school stunad[/quote]

Go hit the wall with your kid [ChillLaxin]. Its one of the most competitive cost effective nursing programs in the country. Another get recruited at all cost parent who has lacrosse and academics flipped in priority

Page 52 of 138 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 137 138

Link Copied to Clipboard