BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 53 of 64 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
11-4 Crabs over RR. Crabs looked good big and fast. RR's looked like it was their first day of practice and ready to play.

I watched first half of game as well. Crabs completely dominated and score could’ve been worse - RR goalie may be the best in the league. Biggest thing I saw (or heard) was tubby RM screaming every 2 minutes like a child. Crabs are good but who would subject their kids to that drama? He’s an a**

Crabs played well, but the RRers went a long way toward beating themselves today. Can't score if you don't possess; can't possess if you're not passing and catching worth a hoot. Uncharacteristically poor play.

And that is OK. RR is a good team as are all the teams in 2022 "Elite". But every team will likely experience an off day. Hope everyone has a great week of practice and comes back even more determined next game!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are big. Imagine that. They are pre-first/re-classed. Hawks will spank them even more than usual now that they have joined the reclass bandwagon. If you wanna see two of the most annoying coaches in youth lacrosse - be sure to check out that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are big. Imagine that. They are pre-first/re-classed. Hawks will spank them even more than usual now that they have joined the reclass bandwagon. If you wanna see two of the most annoying coaches in youth lacrosse - be sure to check out that game.

Reclass bandwagon? Which team are you from?
Every single team in this league has holdbacks!
Who coaches your team? Annoying coaches ? Do you mean annoying winners.,
RM might have the most elite level coaching wins ever-
Hawks coach has more wins than another 2022 coach since 4th grade and it’s not even close-
And for all the annoying winning they both due my bet is sore losers like you will be right up against the fence watching them play each other. Believe me, the only people that find them annoying are the people who don’t play for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep drinking the cool aid & exposing your kid(s) to his negativity....shame on you! When a coach has to bring kids in from other states to play a game, that should tell you something.
My kid wasn’t even playing in that game, had to leave at 1/2 because I could not stand listening to fat a** belittle his team....screaming that one of his players was cradling like a 12 year old! Seriously? Well for true 2022’s, that was just last year. Hmmmmmmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep drinking the cool aid & exposing your kid(s) to his negativity....shame on you! When a coach has to bring kids in from other states to play a game, that should tell you something.
My kid wasn’t even playing in that game, had to leave at 1/2 because I could not stand listening to fat a** belittle his team....screaming that one of his players was cradling like a 12 year old! Seriously? Well for true 2022’s, that was just last year. Hmmmmmmmmm

Criticizing someone based on what they look like is about as pathetic as it gets. Congrats - you've won our "loser of the month" award. Prize will be forthcoming.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does MadLax and 91 play?

Whenever the men from Texas are off Spring Break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Criticizing someone based on what they look like is about as pathetic as it gets. Congrats - you've won our "loser of the month" award. Prize will be forthcoming.

Shame on you. lol
Club lacrosse teams have been fielding teams with 'out of state' players since its inception . This is nothing new. The only people who are offended by it, are those that still treat their kids like 12 year olds. My bet is the player was cradling like a 12 year old and was final called out on it. Which will make him a better cradler. Which team do you belong too? Who is the coach? Clearly who protect your kid from any negativity especially on the lacrosse field - Shame on you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does MadLax and 91 play?

Whenever the men from Texas are off Spring Break.

Any scores form yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing to do with what he looks like, believe me...ALL about how he screams at the players on the field. Loser of the month goes to you and the rest of the parents that are ok with his behavior. But I guess you are all ok with it, seeing how the players all cheered when they hit a kid in the back of the head and no penalty was called. Seems to be the culture being taught on the field and at home. Your prize is forthcoming as well, well done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the league is off to a great start with many outstanding 9th grade players. Most teams have the 9th graders now playing as 8th graders. The big thing is who has the most 9th graders . My bet is on the Crabs and Hawks with FCA coming close behind.

Not to worry , many other areas are trending the same way. Problem is that most other areas dont have the private school structure to accommodate all the 9th graders needed to play 8th grade lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame on you. lol
Club lacrosse teams have been fielding teams with 'out of state' players since its inception . This is nothing new. The only people who are offended by it, are those that still treat their kids like 12 year olds. My bet is the player was cradling like a 12 year old and was final called out on it. Which will make him a better cradler. Which team do you belong too? Who is the coach? Clearly who protect your kid from any negativity especially on the lacrosse field - Shame on you!

Take it easy Ryan. Get your head out of that bucket of Chicken Wings and listen. I am with you. Practice isnt the time to correct a player issues, its screaming and belittling him on the field. That is way more effective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM has built a brand that is good at recruiting (he's had some off years locally like 2022 hence the carpet baggers). I give him a solid C as to Xs and Os and a B (strong fundamentals but not cutting edge offensively) for developing players. Current and past top high school and former collegiate coaches can and have run circles around him coaching on the field over the past 20 years. For folks believing he's the end all be all to coaching let's suffice to say that there are a lot of neophytes out there with opinions. Sideline demeanor aside, he’s an A recruiter and C+ as on the field coach. Let’s see how the Crabs do against the better competition (similar raw talent) like the DCE and the Hawks and then let's see where everyone stands on his skill as a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get a complete schedule? What is the holdup? Some people have other things going on. darn

Can Mark stop holding up the schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get a complete schedule? What is the holdup? Some people have other things going on. darn

I agree!! Hey MM get the flights from Texas to Baltimore booked for the year so the rest of us can schedule our lives!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree!! Hey MM get the flights from Texas to Baltimore booked for the year so the rest of us can schedule our lives!!!

Its ALWAYS all about Mark!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark ! Mark ! Mark ! Its always about Mark! HOCO uses the Jan Brady approach to scheduling!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark ! Mark ! Mark ! Its always about Mark! HOCO uses the Jan Brady approach to scheduling!

Get back in the kitchen Alice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the league is off to a great start with many outstanding 9th grade players. Most teams have the 9th graders now playing as 8th graders. The big thing is who has the most 9th graders . My bet is on the Crabs and Hawks with FCA coming close behind.

Not to worry , many other areas are trending the same way. Problem is that most other areas dont have the private school structure to accommodate all the 9th graders needed to play 8th grade lacrosse.

That is what the 4 other divisions for this age group are for. You choose to play elite than don't come on here and be a [ChillLaxin] about it! You really want someone to listen to your rant when you freely choose to play elite. Know a ton people who feel the way you do and the choose to play in AA or A . Because they are not hypocrites. Then there are some whom simply don't give a hoot and love the competition level for their kids. Kids who are on age and can roll with anyone. Then to call out 3 clubs when every single team playing in the elite divisions has them . MY bet is you are a first class loser and teaching your kid the same .
ps
on age parent who thinks ass clowns like you are worse than any holdback parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same at all levels. I agree with the guy who says play your team in the correct bracket and stop trying to keep up with “elites “ that couldn’t make their high school teams. Plenty of great players in the aa a and even the b brackets. We had the same turnout for football. 200 lbs 8th graders on the line, come on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same at all levels. I agree with the guy who says play your team in the correct bracket and stop trying to keep up with “elites “ that couldn’t make their high school teams. Plenty of great players in the aa a and even the b brackets. We had the same turnout for football. 200 lbs 8th graders on the line, come on

Difference is that the 200 pounder is on age,,Not a 200 pounder that is older than the rest of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is what the 4 other divisions for this age group are for. You choose to play elite than don't come on here and complain about it! You really want someone to listen to your rant when you freely choose to play elite. Know a ton people who feel the way you do and the choose to play in AA or A . Because they are not hypocrites. Then there are some whom simply don't give a hoot and love the competition level for their kids. Kids who are on age and can roll with anyone. Then to call out 3 clubs when every single team playing in the elite divisions has them . MY bet is you are a first class lser
ps
on age parent who thinks clowns like you are worse than any holdback parent.

I bet every child you have is helback/prefirst to get an advantage over other children same age. They cant make it against children same age, They need an advantage to compete. It just wouldnt be fair without one. I bet you are proud. Keep telling yourself it is ok and right. Everyone else is doing it. And to top it off,,,we get to call ourselves Elite and play in an elite bracket.. Hilarious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple way to end all the nonsense if a kid turns 19 at anytime during his snr year he should not be able to play any sport. It would end holdback BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is what the 4 other divisions for this age group are for. You choose to play elite than don't come on here and be a [ChillLaxin] about it! You really want someone to listen to your rant when you freely choose to play elite. Know a ton people who feel the way you do and the choose to play in AA or A . Because they are not hypocrites. Then there are some whom simply don't give a hoot and love the competition level for their kids. Kids who are on age and can roll with anyone. Then to call out 3 clubs when every single team playing in the elite divisions has them . MY bet is you are a first class lser .
ps

I bet every child you have is helback/prefirst to get an advantage over other children same age. They cant make it against children same age, They need an advantage to compete. It just wouldnt be fair without one. I bet you are proud. Keep telling yourself it is ok and right. Everyone else is doing it. And to top it off,,,we get to call ourselves Elite and play in an elite bracket.. Hilarious

What part of that reply did you not get, they made it clear they are not a holdback and don't give a [ChillLaxin] about holdbacks because they choose to play with holdbacks. Whats hilarious is all the hypocrites that read between the lines and complain about something that they agreed too. Do you think it was the parents of the holdbacks or the holdbacks themselves that made up the ELITE division or any other division for that matter. Until the system changes every parent has a choice as to what level to play in. Every player in AA,A and B will play in high school, mostly because they made the right choice for club lacrosse or rec. Not the wrong choice then cry the blues when his holdback elite team loses to another holdback elite team. Having 4 levels to choose from is about has fair as can be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is what the 4 other divisions for this age group are for. You choose to play elite than don't come on here and complain about it! You really want someone to listen to your rant when you freely choose to play elite. Know a ton people who feel the way you do and the choose to play in AA or A . Because they are not hypocrites. Then there are some whom simply don't give a hoot and love the competition level for their kids. Kids who are on age and can roll with anyone. Then to call out 3 clubs when every single team playing in the elite divisions has them . MY bet is you are a first class lser.
ps

What part of that reply did you not get, they made it clear they are not a holdback and don't give a darn about holdbacks because they choose to play with holdbacks. Whats hilarious is all the hypocrites that read between the lines and complain about something that they agreed too. Do you think it was the parents of the holdbacks or the holdbacks themselves that made up the ELITE division or any other division for that matter. Until the system changes every parent has a choice as to what level to play in. Every player in AA,A and B will play in high school, mostly because they made the right choice for club lacrosse or rec. Not the wrong choice then cry the blues when his holdback elite team loses to another holdback elite team. Having 4 levels to choose from is about has fair as can be.

What part of..It is wrong at YOUTH sports that gives certain children an advantaged over other children born on same exact day ...that you not get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lord

Get over it already. If it’s unfair in your opinion why do you continue to allow your son to play in this league? There are other options.

I will say my son and several of his teammates that are of the correct age handle thier business at practice and at the games. They don’t care what the kids age is or how big the player is.

Stop giving your kid an out when he doesn’t find success. Tell him to continue to work. Go outside with him and WORK. Go to the gym with him and get stronger.

Parents need to stop getting in the car after games and telling thier kid that “it’s ok those kids are reclassed”. It’s bogus. Motivate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple way to end all the nonsense if a kid turns 19 at anytime during his snr year he should not be able to play any sport. It would end holdback BS.

Most already have a cutoff. Do your research so your kid is playing in that league for HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or just stop the cheating holdbacks from playing...play on age solves everything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way it changes is when 16 year old Johnnie lays out 13 year old Jimmie who is taken off the field on a stretcher never to play again. I take that back because it happens all the time and nothing changes; winning at all costs has taken over youth sports. Everyone forgets how unsafe this is for the kids who are actually playing the RIGHT way!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lord

Get over it already. If it’s unfair in your opinion why do you continue to allow your son to play in this league? There are other options.

I will say my son and several of his teammates that are of the correct age handle thier business at practice and at the games. They don’t care what the kids age is or how big the player is.

Stop giving your kid an out when he doesn’t find success. Tell him to continue to work. Go outside with him and WORK. Go to the gym with him and get stronger.

Parents need to stop getting in the car after games and telling thier kid that “it’s ok those kids are reclassed”. It’s bogus. Motivate.

I just gave my 3rd grader and 5th grader the speech. Told them it is time to take the bull by the horns. No more lingering around acting like a child. Lacrosse is serious business and I expect them to act that way. Just because there are players born on same birthday playing down doesnt mean they can. Just because those 4th graders are going against my 3rd grader doesnt mean anything. Toughen up!! Hit the wall!! Forget about how big they are!! You will get better going against older children. This is 3rd grade YOUTH sports and its time to man up!!! No one said childhood was easy!! Time to step it up!!

Told my 5th grader the same thing. There are no excuses in life. Youth Sports is unfair. Get over it!! HIT THE WALL!!! Time to man up!!! Not sure why he didnt man up a few years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most already have a cutoff. Do your research so your kid is playing in that league for HS.

High School has always been about grade. Youth Sports has always been about age. The only Youth sport that goes by grade without age restrictions is lacrosse. That says it all . Spin away holdback/prefirst apologists,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way it changes is when 16 year old Johnnie lays out 13 year old Jimmie who is taken off the field on a stretcher never to play again. I take that back because it happens all the time and nothing changes; winning at all costs has taken over youth sports. Everyone forgets how unsafe this is for the kids who are actually playing the RIGHT way!!

Not sure where this three year age gap exists in grade based lacrosse. We have 2-3 kids (out of 20+) who did a pre first year who are 3-5 months past the old age cut off. Yes a bit older but unless kids are playing up a grade (their choice) there just isn’t that big a spread. If you are two or theee years too old, you wouldn’t be allowed to play in the IAC, WCAC, MIAA etc. your senior year. And we don’t have anyone repeating a class (maybe the rule change helped with that).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really wish they would get the schedule posted. These flights get more expensive by the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lacrosse doesn't want to do anything to hold back growth. The age versus grade will change for youth sports like it has for soccer and hockey. The kids born today will be good by the time they are in 5th grade... for now it stinks.... the recruitment changed which was a step in the right direciton from the lense of not playing down... so enjoy your time and know that its just lacrosse.. who really cares... i mean - really so he gets an academic scholarship that makes a private or out of state school the same price as a CUNY or SUNY... that isn't worth all this really is it? chill and ride it out.... we are in a time for growing the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lord

I just gave my 3rd grader and 5th grader the speech. Told them it is time to take the bull by the horns. No more lingering around acting like a child. Lacrosse is serious business and I expect them to act that way. Just because there are players born on same birthday playing down doesnt mean they can. Just because those 4th graders are going against my 3rd grader doesnt mean anything. Toughen up!! Hit the wall!! Forget about how big they are!! You will get better going against older children. This is 3rd grade YOUTH sports and its time to man up!!! No one said childhood was easy!! Time to step it up!!

Told my 5th grader the same thing. There are no excuses in life. Youth Sports is unfair. Get over it!! HIT THE WALL!!! Time to man up!!! Not sure why he didnt man up a few years ago.

I've got a big slab of cheese for your whine. Son, I'm going to pamper you in life because I'm a helicopter parent and can't stand to see you suffer. You don't ever have to leave home. Mom and I will care for you until we die and then you can live on your inheritance. Remember, my job is to pamper you until I'm 100% sure the world is a "fair" place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lord

Do you realize the 2022 class is in 8th grade. you might want to head over to your forum. But your boys should man up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or just stop the cheating holdbacks from playing...play on age solves everything

Stop being a baby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lacrosse doesn't want to do anything to hold back growth. The age versus grade will change for youth sports like it has for soccer and hockey. The kids born today will be good by the time they are in 5th grade... for now it stinks.... the recruitment changed which was a step in the right direciton from the lense of not playing down... so enjoy your time and know that its just lacrosse.. who really cares... i mean - really so he gets an academic scholarship that makes a private or out of state school the same price as a CUNY or SUNY... that isn't worth all this really is it? chill and ride it out.... we are in a time for growing the game

The real winners in the holdback game are the schools and clubs that get an extra year of tuition and extra year of club fees. They may also recommend a PG year so a holdback, reclass, pg will pay a buck fitty extra to play lacrosse. That is what makes it different from other sports. There is a market for parents. Look at the schools that are leading the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, lacrosse isn't that different than most sports. Holdbacks for kids who can't compete on age are prevalent in every sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real winners in the holdback game are the schools and clubs that get an extra year of tuition and extra year of club fees. They may also recommend a PG year so a holdback, reclass, pg will pay a buck fitty extra to play lacrosse. That is what makes it different from other sports. There is a market for parents. Look at the schools that are leading the sport.

Yup. College coaches love the 20 year old freshman.

Page 53 of 64 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard