BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 52 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Towson Florida game was a sloppy mess with somewhere around 80 fouls between the two teams .Something has to be done with the flopping etc.and can someone please let the florida coach know the dance after a goal is gross enough but to do it when your team is getting outplayed in every aspect of the game is embarrassing not just for the dancer but the program in general.

I iterate again: let the fouls get tallied like in basketball and you'd clean that nonsense right up. Do that and nearly every former YJ playing collegiate would be out of the game by half.

if you watched the game until the end,the announcers were discussing how one ref called 5 charges against Fla in the second half..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
There are 2 Queens Colleges

thank you...just saw that there is one in NC.....

The one in Charlotte is now called Queens University

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c
2 players have a legit shot at the teewarrtin award. Apuzzo and McCool that's it. who evers team goes further in the tournament will win the award. plain and simple. end of discussion. no one else is worthy.

Sorry there are others but I would not argue that they are near the to of the list. If that the case it will depend on how much the committee values the defensive side of the game as McCool is in my opinion possibly the best player in college on the defensive side of the ball.

McCool's first two years were her best, in 6 competitive games this year 21 goals on 56 shots (37%), 3 assists, 2 more Turnovers than Caused TO (11/9), Below average FP shot percentage,12 GB & 51 DC - the DC's are the only top ten category she's in regarding any offensive or defensive metric. The double digit shots every game seems to have slowed down, perhaps Levy spoke to her. Great player, but seems to have drifted from the team concept that initially made her great. That being said, being on team USA and the UNC marketing machine will go a long way with the voters so anything is possible

Dude, you nailed it. I actually used to be much more impressed with her until this year. This year has the me brand lacrosse going hard and not executing it very well. All players roles will change from year to year with upper classmen graduating out then under classmen pressuring from below. Not all players get better each year, some get worse. It could be they don’t fit the new role, it could be they garner more attention from opposing teams, or a myriad of other reasons.

Dude , you are obviously ignorant . Answer this , name one midfielder who is better than her on the defensive side .

Dempsey Arsenault, better almost everywhere. Katie Odonnell,Sam Disalvo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Such a short sighted response. There is plenty of talent at the D3 level. May not be as strong as players in your top 20 D1 teams but Top 10/15 teams very likely could beat middle/ bottom D1 teams. Some of the D1 programs so average yet parents will beat their chests to brag their daughters play “D1”. There are many top D3 players that decided that their futures beyond college are worth more than going to an average college merely to be able to say they played D1. Stop living through your kids and get a life

D3 is a great choice for many. But you are overstating the talent level a bit. The top teams, meaning the champs and maybe 1 or 2 more, would maybe slot in around 70th in D1. They would not beat middle D1, but would beat the bottom 3rd. The 15th best D3 team would be ranked below 100th D1 and then from there it scales down fast.

I agree--probably more than a bit. D3 is a great choice for many. I have published on this site a study I conducted of the 2013 class and only 53% were playing D1 lacrosse their senior year. The hardest thing to do is match your student-athlete to the best college. I'm a Villanova graduate. Great school. I'm on their advisory board. They do not support women's lacrosse. Many D1 schools do not support women's lacrosse. If it is a good academic match, the student/athlete wants the commitment to D1 and get a degree--perfect. Just realize Villanova is not making the NCAA tournament. Or Bucknell. Or Siena. Or nearly 85% of the D1 schools. It's the state of the game right now. (Now watch, 'Nova will reel off wins the rest of the year!).

D3, in terms of who make the NCAA playoffs, while a little more flexible, is almost as static. The commitment is not as intense, travel abroad is available (you can even play lacrosse abroad, which is cool) and offers students more flexibility with intense majors. The top D3 lacrosse programs are not easy schools to get into, either. Middlebury, Williams, Hamilton, Tufts, Amherst, Bowdoin, Colby (all NESCAC) plus Washington & Lee, Franklin and Marshall, Gettysburg etc all have extremely high standards for admission.

If you go to a D1 one school you are going to play lacrosse first and for academics 2nd. Lacrosse is your job. Now any degree from those top schools is great but at many of them the coach directs you toy preferred majors. In D3 there is more balance. Internships, full complement of majors. Study abroad and more. Not every kid wants to practice 2x per day and 30 hours a week. Having said that, very few kids have the skill, talent and drive for top D1 schools and thats why only about HALF of the kids are playing in their senior year. Some kids just want to play. D3 is a perfect choice for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 Queens Colleges

thank you...just saw that there is one in NC.....

Yes, thanks for clarifying. I mentioned they've played 7 games versus top 15 teams and unless you knew I was referring to the Queens in Carolina, you'd think I was talking crap. South teams have many northeast girls on them. Let the "D1 all or nothing" and or Ivy snobs have their say. Not hear to change their minds. But if your daughter is sick of the cold, options in the south. South teams going toe to toe with the Adelphi, LIU, Pace, Mercy, etc. Sunshine Conference has added a few new teams and currently have [4] teams in the top 15.....including the # 1 team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson Florida game was a sloppy mess with somewhere around 80 fouls between the two teams .Something has to be done with the flopping etc.and can someone please let the florida coach know the dance after a goal is gross enough but to do it when your team is getting outplayed in every aspect of the game is embarrassing not just for the dancer but the program in general.

Dude lighten up. Not a Fla Fan by any stretch but the dance was just a young person having fun. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing.

I'm with you here, it doesn't bother me to see it..the kid is having fun.. it appears she responding to something or someone on the sideline.. They might as well have fun, if they continue to stink it it up on the field there won't be much of a playoff run in their future.

It looked like she was getting a sign that the camera was on her. Boring Game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I iterate again: let the fouls get tallied like in basketball and you'd clean that nonsense right up. Do that and nearly every former YJ playing collegiate would be out of the game by half.

if you watched the game until the end,the announcers were discussing how one ref called 5 charges against Fla in the second half..

Yeah and?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not even worth the response but none of them are even the best on their own teams so they are rarely the focus of the other teams defense Two of them are on teams who play a ridiculously easy schedule and the other is on a team that is playing well below expectations in part because of them .They are all solid players but none are even remotely close .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude lighten up. Not a Fla Fan by any stretch but the dance was just a young person having fun. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing.

I'm with you here, it doesn't bother me to see it..the kid is having fun.. it appears she responding to something or someone on the sideline.. They might as well have fun, if they continue to stink it it up on the field there won't be much of a playoff run in their future.

She wasn't doing her dance after she scored a useless goal with less than a minute less. Celebrations police themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and?

even the announcer thought a particular ref's was clueless... if I recall she had another charge call overturned by a second ref

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and?

even the announcer thought a particular ref's was clueless... if I recall she had another charge call overturned by a second ref

The charge is the most under called of all fouls and should be called more often, instead most time the player is rewarded with an 8 meter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c
2 players have a legit shot at the teewarrtin award. Apuzzo and McCool that's it. who evers team goes further in the tournament will win the award. plain and simple. end of discussion. no one else is worthy.

Sorry there are others but I would not argue that they are near the to of the list. If that the case it will depend on how much the committee values the defensive side of the game as McCool is in my opinion possibly the best player in college on the defensive side of the ball.

McCool's first two years were her best, in 6 competitive games this year 21 goals on 56 shots (37%), 3 assists, 2 more Turnovers than Caused TO (11/9), Below average FP shot percentage,12 GB & 51 DC - the DC's are the only top ten category she's in regarding any offensive or defensive metric. The double digit shots every game seems to have slowed down, perhaps Levy spoke to her. Great player, but seems to have drifted from the team concept that initially made her great. That being said, being on team USA and the UNC marketing machine will go a long way with the voters so anything is possible

Dude, you nailed it. I actually used to be much more impressed with her until this year. This year has the me brand lacrosse going hard and not executing it very well. All players roles will change from year to year with upper classmen graduating out then under classmen pressuring from below. Not all players get better each year, some get worse. It could be they don’t fit the new role, it could be they garner more attention from opposing teams, or a myriad of other reasons.

Dude , you are obviously ignorant . Answer this , name one midfielder who is better than her on the defensive side .

In your original post she was the best defender in the game... see above ^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to a progressive foul system. Throw out the goons gaming the system or helmets are a coming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check that...Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Such a short sighted response. There is plenty of talent at the D3 level. May not be as strong as players in your top 20 D1 teams but Top 10/15 teams very likely could beat middle/ bottom D1 teams. Some of the D1 programs so average yet parents will beat their chests to brag their daughters play “D1”. There are many top D3 players that decided that their futures beyond college are worth more than going to an average college merely to be able to say they played D1. Stop living through your kids and get a life

D3 is a great choice for many. But you are overstating the talent level a bit. The top teams, meaning the champs and maybe 1 or 2 more, would maybe slot in around 70th in D1. They would not beat middle D1, but would beat the bottom 3rd. The 15th best D3 team would be ranked below 100th D1 and then from there it scales down fast.

I agree--probably more than a bit. D3 is a great choice for many. I have published on this site a study I conducted of the 2013 class and only 53% were playing D1 lacrosse their senior year. The hardest thing to do is match your student-athlete to the best college. I'm a Villanova graduate. Great school. I'm on their advisory board. They do not support women's lacrosse. Many D1 schools do not support women's lacrosse. If it is a good academic match, the student/athlete wants the commitment to D1 and get a degree--perfect. Just realize Villanova is not making the NCAA tournament. Or Bucknell. Or Siena. Or nearly 85% of the D1 schools. It's the state of the game right now. (Now watch, 'Nova will reel off wins the rest of the year!).

D3, in terms of who make the NCAA playoffs, while a little more flexible, is almost as static. The commitment is not as intense, travel abroad is available (you can even play lacrosse abroad, which is cool) and offers students more flexibility with intense majors. The top D3 lacrosse programs are not easy schools to get into, either. Middlebury, Williams, Hamilton, Tufts, Amherst, Bowdoin, Colby (all NESCAC) plus Washington & Lee, Franklin and Marshall, Gettysburg etc all have extremely high standards for admission.

If you go to a D1 one school you are going to play lacrosse first and for academics 2nd. Lacrosse is your job. Now any degree from those top schools is great but at many of them the coach directs you toy preferred majors. In D3 there is more balance. Internships, full complement of majors. Study abroad and more. Not every kid wants to practice 2x per day and 30 hours a week. Having said that, very few kids have the skill, talent and drive for top D1 schools and thats why only about HALF of the kids are playing in their senior year. Some kids just want to play. D3 is a perfect choice for them

Completely ignorant comment . Please tell us the D1 school that the coach directs them to any major. Then please tell us the school where they practice for 30 hours a week .
Is it hard to play D1 sports , yes . Do they get a lot of perks at some D1 programs , absolutely .Your comments about D1 athletics are the equivalent of posters who say D3 lacrosse is only for the fat unathletic kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and?

The charge is the most under called of all fouls and should be called more often, instead most time the player is rewarded with an 8 meter
You do know the announcers were either recent Florida grads or current Florida students and completely bias. I think it has become obvious that Ronbeck is the MVP for florida, since she has been out they have been horrible, the sisters are black holes that only seem to pass to each other or force bad shots, they spend most of the game throwing themselves to the ground for a cheap call, complaining to the refs, or doing the typical Yellow Jacket go to goal look at me, forced shots. Hard to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an easy one. Go look at the big time rosters and the degrees the players are pursuing and in most instances the most popular majors of the school are way under indexed by the players and replaced with communications and the like. Not a lot of Pre Med, nurses, engineers. Coaches want these kids to be available to play, win championships and graduate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an easy one. Go look at the big time rosters and the degrees the players are pursuing and in most instances the most popular majors of the school are way under indexed by the players and replaced with communications and the like. Not a lot of Pre Med, nurses, engineers. Coaches want these kids to be available to play, win championships and graduate

This again? Even if true, why do you care so much? If not the right fit for your daughter, move on and let her go where she'll be happy - in school (most important) and lacrosse. Stop worrying so much about what others are doing - makes you sound like a jealous excuse-maker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The season really starts to get interesting. Which teams will be there in the end? Final Four is very tough to predict this year. There are 15 -20 teams with a shot to make the Final Four. Guaranteed some of the top teams will face each other in the Quarter Finals maybe even earlier.

Any predictions for final eight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

u mean vs the history, gender studies, poli/sci, art history, psychology, religion and on and on at the D3 liberal arts colleges?? I went to a D3 school and played sports. Had a great experience. Would encourage all the girls to think about it. I also have 2 D1 athlete children and 1 D3 (graduated). They are different experiences, but if you think D1 kids in lax aren't getting an education, you either have no experience with it or your kid was a slacker. As an employer, I will take a D1 athlete that has been successful in academics over just about anybody. They are always smart, dedicated and great leaders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok here you go for the juniors and seniors at Northwestern ...
English w minor in psychology
Engineering 2 student/athletes
Learning and Organizational Change
Journalism (Medill school is #1 in country)
Law
Economics
Neuroscience
Human Development and Psychology 3 SAs
History
and yes... 4 student athletes taking communications studies, which btw at Northwestern is a top ten program nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like a pole dancer, typical LI trash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and?

The girl announcing the game had no clue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.

I don’t necessarily know of any coach that has steered a player to certain major. I do know that many coaches try to steer kids AWAY from certain majors due to the time commitment. One of those being nursing. That happened to my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Law
Economics
Neuroscience
History
and yes... 4 student athletes taking communications studies, which btw at Northwestern is a top ten program nationally.

What is Learning and Organizational Change? the Law,Econ and Neuro kids have never seen the field...just so happens the 4 kids taking communication studies, even though its a joke major in every other school, just happens to be tops in the country here...Industrial engineering doesnt count as engineering...nice try on all of this though...have a good weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like a pole dancer, typical LI trash

Classy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Law
Economics
Neuroscience
History

What is Learning and Organizational Change? the Law,Econ and Neuro kids have never seen the field...just so happens the 4 kids taking communication studies, even though its a joke major in every other school, just happens to be tops in the country here...Industrial engineering doesnt count as engineering...nice try on all of this though...have a good weekend.

Another jealous hater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Law
Economics
Neuroscience
History

Wow are you a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Law
Economics
Neuroscience
History

Jealous much??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Law
Economics
Neuroscience
History

Jealous much??

you'll have to forgive them. they had a hard time getting through one semester at their local community college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Law
Economics
Neuroscience
History

Another jealous hater.

Look at Boston College, most of the girls are in the business school which is very tough. Even if you take communications you can get a very good job. You're a jerk and being ignorant, this sport is giving these women such great opportunity no matter what school you go to at the D1 level. Your daughter probably wasn't good enough and you're bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t necessarily know of any coach that has steered a player to certain major. I do know that many coaches try to steer kids AWAY from certain majors due to the time commitment. One of those being nursing. That happened to my daughter.

As a nurse educator I can tell you it is next to impossible to commit to a D1 program and complete the required clinical hours needed to sit for nursing licensure if you want to finish in 4 years. Nursing is not a program where you can save your clinical requirements to the last semester or a fifth year. Each clinical course has a didactic, clinical and sometimes lab or simulation requirement. Coaches are wise to track athletes away from this major as they would be set up for failure. Now completing a degree that includes many of the pre-requisite courses for nursing and then going on for a fifth year in an accelerated BS to RN is possible. But again, you are not playing, lifting, committed 7 days a week to a sport that fifth year. I would think there are other majors that may require the same components....point being you shouldn't bash girls for their choice of majors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a nurse educator I can tell you it is next to impossible to commit to a D1 program and complete the required clinical hours needed to sit for nursing licensure if you want to finish in 4 years. Nursing is not a program where you can save your clinical requirements to the last semester or a fifth year. Each clinical course has a didactic, clinical and sometimes lab or simulation requirement. Coaches are wise to track athletes away from this major as they would be set up for failure. Now completing a degree that includes many of the pre-requisite courses for nursing and then going on for a fifth year in an accelerated BS to RN is possible. But again, you are not playing, lifting, committed 7 days a week to a sport that fifth year. I would think there are other majors that may require the same components....point being you shouldn't bash girls for their choice of majors.

This isn't very difficult. If a young woman wants to go to college for nursing, D2 or D3 is a good choice. Same may go for a few other majors. Aside from that, if they have the talent and desire to play D1 and commit to the extremely hard work it takes to play and complete their education, I say good for them. I know a player who just graduated from a top 10 lax program with her pre-med degree, know another who graduated two years ago from a top 15 program with an engineering degree, another business. They are all very impressive women. The guy who demeans the choice they have made to challenge themselves and compete at the highest level, while also getting amazing educations absolutely is bitter and jealous. Feel sorry for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your
average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.

And yet my oldest was able to go thru the nursing program at a top level d1 lacrosse school in 4 years . Was it easy ,no . Did she have to take a lot of summer courses , yes. Did she have to speak with her coaches , professors , etc in an open and honest and sometimes uncomfortable situations , yes. It can be done and if that is what you are looking for then I would make sure some have managed to do it before you and then go for it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot be this dense. Your proof that the coaches direct these kids into certain majors is that not a lot of them are taking majors that are the most popular. Maybe many of these kids are not your
average student and have interests that are not the most popular, maybe some of these schools were reach schools and the kids were not premed, engineering type students, maybe some come from affluent families and will be entering the family business or love the sport so much that after graduation they want to stay connected to it by coaching etc. You still have yet to name the school or coach that even encourages these kids to take a certain major .Explain then why some kids are "allowed" to take those majors you speak of as I can name both starters and nonstarters at virtually every school who do.

And yet my oldest was able to go thru the nursing program at a top level d1 lacrosse school in 4 years . Was it easy ,no . Did she have to take a lot of summer courses , yes. Did she have to speak with her coaches , professors , etc in an open and honest and sometimes uncomfortable situations , yes. It can be done and if that is what you are looking for then I would make sure some have managed to do it before you and then go for it .

Interesting that I don't see any nurses playing at BC or SB. just sayin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland will have their hands full with JMU today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love for you to share the school and the program. As others may be interested if this is possible to see the set up, structure of the program, what courses are taken over the summer etc. and coaches willing to work with this academic program. Please share.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apuzzo lighting up UNC. and McCool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apuzzo lighting up UNC. and McCool.

Looks like they took McCool off of draw.. can't compete with Apuzzo.

Page 19 of 52 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard