BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 93 of 327 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your post about TG is what makes us YJ's look badly. Ignore negative posts. Don't get sucked in.

CR is brilliant. If there wasnt a need for a mcdonalds in every town there wouldnt be one. It's a great club, with a strong name that everyone wants to be a part of. One down side is when you said you plyed for yj in the past it really really meant something. Future will tell if it gets too watered down

IF???
CR is brilliant. Who else can get away with charging $125 per kid for a tournament that costs $700 per team? One team has 23 kids on the roster, that’s $2,875 in registration fees. That’s a $2,175 profit for that one team. There are 7 teams registered for the Shamrock Shootout with an average of 21 kids on the roster. That averages out to a $1,925 profit per team and a $13,475 weekend for CR.

You can't win...If a parent comes down and grabs 14 kids from his daughter's team and charges $50 per girl....

Great idea right? Save some money... get the kids out throwing the ball around before the season starts???

Next week's posts will be about the 9 kids that got left out...

Although not a fan, YJ and CR serve a purpose and should be paid for it... Or let the one dad step up and be a sacrifical lamb for this tourny so a few kids can save some $... Who cares how it affects his daughter...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Your post about TG is what makes us YJ's look badly. Ignore negative posts. Don't get sucked in.

CR is brilliant. If there wasnt a need for a mcdonalds in every town there wouldnt be one. It's a great club, with a strong name that everyone wants to be a part of. One down side is when you said you plyed for yj in the past it really really meant something. Future will tell if it gets too watered down

IF???
CR is brilliant. Who else can get away with charging $125 per kid for a tournament that costs $700 per team? One team has 23 kids on the roster, that’s $2,875 in registration fees. That’s a $2,175 profit for that one team. There are 7 teams registered for the Shamrock Shootout with an average of 21 kids on the roster. That averages out to a $1,925 profit per team and a $13,475 weekend for CR.

How much does it costs Dunkin Donuts to make a cup of coffee, how much do they charge you for that same cup of coffee? Whats there profit margin?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no hates.
Just the facts.
when was the last time TG won U15 ?
wow, obnoxious. If I'm not mistaken you lost last year.

Yes obnoxious , the same way saying everyone makes YJ is obnoxious or if you are willing to pay you play.Just shows that all travel clubs have some obnoxious parents.

So are you saying that 95% of girls that try out don't make a team, or that some girls don't pay there way onto a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to YJ this year...after reading all these posts I can honestly say I'm scared...you people do realize they are kids right? And you do realize that if you don't like it you can stay home right?Should be interesting to say the least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no hates.
Just the facts.
when was the last time TG won U15 ?
wow, obnoxious. If I'm not mistaken you lost last year.

Yes obnoxious , the same way saying everyone makes YJ is obnoxious or if you are willing to pay you play.Just shows that all travel clubs have some obnoxious parents.

So are you saying that 95% of girls that try out don't make a team, or that some girls don't pay there way onto a team?

No , obnoxious like this. 95% is not everyone and everyone pays their way onto a team, even in TG land.Your TG teams have never won a significant tournament and Shannon Smith now has vitually no role with TGs, true yet obnoxious.See ,like you we can all be obnoxious even when what we see has a basis in fact.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post about TG is what makes us YJ's look badly. Ignore negative posts. Don't get sucked in.

IF???
What’s crazy is that this is a makeup for a tournament that was cancelled last fall. The parents weren’t even given a choice to participate or not. Instead of offering a refund from the cancelled tournament, you’re forced to play in the Shamrock Shootout or eat your 125 bucks. Sounds like a scam to me.
No Scam, just smart business. I'm sure you'd do the same thing if you could.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For CR to make $13,475 off of her players in a single day is terrible. Granted she knows lacrosse, but that really is being too greedy. These are the very girls that are supporting her income. Isn't she embarrassed? Some of these families are struggling to make ends meet. Couldn't she at least charge $75 for the tournament and throw in clinics to cover the remaining $50 if she won't refund any of the families. What about giving back to the families that are loyal to you? I am sure there will be some defending her after my post and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I am sure there are just as many that feel $125 for a single day is unreasonable. Especially, since it should really only cost $33 a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For CR to make $13,475 off of her players in a single day is terrible. Granted she knows lacrosse, but that really is being too greedy. These are the very girls that are supporting her income. Isn't she embarrassed? Some of these families are struggling to make ends meet. Couldn't she at least charge $75 for the tournament and throw in clinics to cover the remaining $50 if she won't refund any of the families. What about giving back to the families that are loyal to you? I am sure there will be some defending her after my post and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I am sure there are just as many that feel $125 for a single day is unreasonable. Especially, since it should really only cost $33 a player.
I'm sure the coach's will want a part of that 13g.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're leaving out one part of the equation - half the tournaments that YJ plays in are run by LI Elite - does everyone know who that is??? That's two bites of the apple for CR and Tracy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure if you bring it up to her, she will tell you it is not mandatory to attend. YJ parents should air their issues to her collectively...not address it here. Or, put your own team in and invite whomever you wish and charge a fair price...

Take the girls from your town...they really are the ones who should get the sticks in their hands early because of school/PAL/SCGL season starting soon...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're leaving out one part of the equation - half the tournaments that YJ plays in are run by LI Elite - does everyone know who that is??? That's two bites of the apple for CR and Tracy

Excellent point!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure if you bring it up to her, she will tell you it is not mandatory to attend. YJ parents should air their issues to her collectively...not address it here. Or, put your own team in and invite whomever you wish and charge a fair price...

Take the girls from your town...they really are the ones who should get the sticks in their hands early because of school/PAL/SCGL season starting soon...

The complaints you see on here are usually not YJ parents but are usually parents from other clubs who just cannot stand that CR runs probably the most successful travel lacrosse program in the country.I would be angry also if I joined a club expecting the club to have instruction from one of the best players ever in college to now see the reality that she has very little if any input to the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The complaints you see on here are usually not YJ parents but are usually parents from other clubs who just cannot stand that CR runs probably the most successful travel lacrosse program in the country.I would be angry also if I joined a club expecting the club to have instruction from one of the best players ever in college to now see the reality that she has very little if any input to the program.

Interesting. While you may be right that the complaints on this board about CR are not usually from YJ parents, but this certainly sounds like you are a YJ parent complaining about TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is only true over the past 6 months or so. SS was very involved in the program prior...now who is spreading rumors?...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is only true over the past 6 months or so. SS was very involved in the program prior...now who is spreading rumors?...

Too funny, Yes the past 6 months ,just about when she took over coaching Hofstra,has to make you wonder how much involvement she will have in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. While you may be right that the complaints on this board about CR are not usually from YJ parents, but this certainly sounds like you are a YJ parent complaining about TG.

Interesting that you cannot see the difference in that it was posted on the YJ thread not some make believe TG parent posting it on the TG thread.Yes I am a YJ parent posting an observation about the TG club on the YJ thread, unlike your fellow TG parents who feel the need to post on the YJ thread posing as YJ parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a joke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Smith was at just about every single game at the LI Sports Hub this past winter. I am not a a YJ or TG parent, just someone who wanted to set the record straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a joke?

The TG program is excellent, don't listen to these YJ idiots!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what TG has to do with CR ripping off our girls. Someone is trying to divert the attention from the fact that she is charging us too much money for a single tournament. And who really is going to tell her that we are opting out of this tournament or air our concerns to her? Everyone wants their daughter to get playing time and wants to make the team again next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a joke?

The TG program is excellent, don't listen to these YJ idiots!

I m laughing, not listening!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IF???

You can't win...If a parent comes down and grabs 14 kids from his daughter's team and charges $50 per girl....

Great idea right? Save some money... get the kids out throwing the ball around before the season starts???

Next week's posts will be about the 9 kids that got left out...

Although not a fan, YJ and CR serve a purpose and should be paid for it... Or let the one dad step up and be a sacrifical lamb for this tourny so a few kids can save some $... Who cares how it affects his daughter...

You are probably correct when you say that if a parent brings a team that they will be ripped a new one, so let me say this for him or her. Bite them. Same thing happened last year for another program. If you don't like it make up you're own team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shannon Smith was at just about every single game at the LI Sports Hub this past winter. I am not a a YJ or TG parent, just someone who wanted to set the record straight.

No she wasn't, her father was. Volunteer father coaching my daughter plays for 2017. I doubt Shannon would allow the ball hogging/only pass to friends nonsense. Hoping the playing time/coaching is better when tournaments come around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No she wasn't, her father was. Volunteer father coaching my daughter plays for 2017. I doubt Shannon would allow the ball hogging/only pass to friends nonsense. Hoping the playing time/coaching is better when tournaments come around.
You can bash the TG program all you want, but keep in mind that it was a YJ coach who was going to start the TG program until SS took over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2017 didn't even play at the hub. Enough of the childish behavior. Both clubs have things to offer the girls they service. You pick the club and atmosphere that works for your daughter and your family. We should be fortunate the LI has many choices in clubs to find the right fit for all. YJ good luck with your season and I would hope you wish the same to TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played TG multiple times and never did I see Shannon ,saw daddy a lot ,just to set the record straight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what TG has to do with CR ripping off our girls. Someone is trying to divert the attention from the fact that she is charging us too much money for a single tournament. And who really is going to tell her that we are opting out of this tournament or air our concerns to her? Everyone wants their daughter to get playing time and wants to make the team again next year.

Hey Bill nice to hear from you again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both SS and papa Smith were present at many ( not all/ Not none) of the 2017 games at inline. SS was not only present but coached and gave welcomed criticism and education to the girls. Yes the "volunteer' may have been less than desirable, but many " official coaches" in other clubs are clearly no better. Indoor keeps them moving and the stick in there hands, it is not the venue to develop field play and even team play is limited it this setting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like everbody is afraid of her or they're just a bunch of suck ups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like everbody is afraid of her or they're just a bunch of suck ups.
Fear The Queen Bee!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not much difference in the cost with what TG or YJ charge. It is just the way each presents it. TG is one lump fee divided into 3 installments. YJ break it into two fees, membership and tournament. For 2019, TG has 5 tourneys and YJ has 6. For this age group TG will pay 1300 and YJ 1200, not including hotel and travel. I am sure the number of tournaments vary for different years but is almost the same. If CR is ripping off her players than so is TG. Profit is what makes people successful. If you don't like it than don't participate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not much difference in the cost with what TG or YJ charge. It is just the way each presents it. TG is one lump fee divided into 3 installments. YJ break it into two fees, membership and tournament. For 2019, TG has 5 tourneys and YJ has 6. For this age group TG will pay 1300 and YJ 1200, not including hotel and travel. I am sure the number of tournaments vary for different years but is almost the same. If CR is ripping off her players than so is TG. Profit is what makes people successful. If you don't like it than don't participate.

YJ 2019 will play in two or three (depending on the team) bogus one day tournaments that are better suited for town teams and are significantly cheaper in terms of entry fees(Babylon Lax Blast, Mitchell field & Lax Clash CT), two of which are run by CR & Tracy - so lets think a little before we hit the send button. 2020 & 2021 will have five tourneys, three of them would also be the one's mentioned above, again two of them run by CR & Tracy. Great bang for your buck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2019 will play in two or three (depending on the team) bogus one day tournaments that are better suited for town teams and are significantly cheaper in terms of entry fees(Babylon Lax Blast, Mitchell field & Lax Clash CT), two of which are run by CR & Tracy - so lets think a little before we hit the send button. 2020 & 2021 will have five tourneys, three of them would also be the one's mentioned above, again two of them run by CR & Tracy. Great bang for your buck!

Please keep up the comparison in bang for your buck.

Nice that you have to get some parent coach who has no idea what he is doing running indoor practices for this age group because TG offers nothing. Well at least during the season you have some college kid who has no background in coaching instructing your kids when he is not too hung over to make it.Anytime you want to compare coaches let us know.Keep playing in indoor winter league at your age group against town teams while YJ consistently plays up in age to challenge themselves.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Negative Tournament and Player References
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice that you have to get some parent coach who has no idea what he is doing running indoor practices for this age group because TG offers nothing. Well at least during the season you have some college kid who has no background in coaching instructing your kids when he is not too hung over to make it.Anytime you want to compare coaches let us know.Keep playing in indoor winter league at your age group against town teams while YJ consistently plays up in age to challenge themselves.

Not you again. Thought you went away. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask a serious question, that probably has been asked before? Why doesn't this website require registration to post on message boards. I've browsed these forums, but I don't post much, if at all. Wouldn't registration make it less likely for people to post some of the crazy stuff they post? Maybe it's just me.
Signed,
Anonymous but not negative

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can I ask a serious question, that probably has been asked before? Why doesn't this website require registration to post on message boards. I've browsed these forums, but I don't post much, if at all. Wouldn't registration make it less likely for people to post some of the crazy stuff they post? Maybe it's just me.
Signed,
Our Board Rules are completely clear regarding the moderation applied to both attributed and unattributed posts.

As a side note, you did notice your question was not posted from a registered account, right? Why not take a few minutes and become a registered user?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG value , poor coaching ,terrible uniforms, virtually zero off season training or tournament options, the main draw to the program has either no time to give or is restricted by NCAA rules so has little involvement, zero significant tournament championships. The good news if Hofstra is the school for you TG is the place for you, also they do have some nice kids and some nice parents.In actuality YJ offers much much more in the off-season than any other club, multiple tournament, stick skills, shooting clinics etc. ,all coached by actual coaches and not some stand in parent. Yes all the extras cost extra but at least you have some options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Signed,
Our Board Rules are completely clear regarding the moderation applied to both attributed and unattributed posts.

As a side note, you did notice your question was not posted from a registered account, right? Why not take a few minutes and become a registered user?

of course I noticed, I signed it "Anonymous but not negative."
And, I guess the answer to your question is that I don't have to sign up to post, but I have been considering it. I'm not looking to start a controversy, but requiring people to register might make them think twice before posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG value , poor coaching ,terrible uniforms, virtually zero off season training or tournament options, the main draw to the program has either no time to give or is restricted by NCAA rules so has little involvement, zero significant tournament championships. The good news if Hofstra is the school for you TG is the place for you, also they do have some nice kids and some nice parents.In actuality YJ offers much much more in the off-season than any other club, multiple tournament, stick skills, shooting clinics etc. ,all coached by actual coaches and not some stand in parent. Yes all the extras cost extra but at least you have some options.

Maryland girls clubs offer more. M&D, Skywalkers, TLC, Hero's, etc... all play against each other in a club spring league in addition to winter, summer and fall. Some of these middle and elementary school teams are probably logging 50+ games and 50+ practices a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually yellow jackets do
Not play winter league in case they lose. They are more worried about that. They probably won't lose but are fearful if they do. Just play and get some lax time in with teammates Real truth is yellow jackets are playing under town team name. Even have yellow jacket coaches. Hiding under town team name. Mt Sinai and miller place I think. We all figured this out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 93 of 327 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard