BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,695
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 214 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay, help me out!

Since it is the beginning of the year, Ill say it. How or what can be done if the Newsday stats got it all wrong. In a relatively contested game. Goals are given to players that didnt even come close to the offensive zone and assists to players on defense who didnt cross midfield?

Who is responsible for this. I thought the books of each team need to be verified before the game was called official.

Bring the wize cracks on but I hope to get the real answer as well. We all have the films already so the coach already knows.

Who cares? Honestly are you really concerned? Not a wisecrack , just amazed that people actually care enough to try to have it changed.

Actually most people care and if they are going to put stats in the paper they should at least get them correct. That is why you should have an adult keeping the stats for both teams who should compare the books at the end of the game .It also keeps teams honest about the stats of their players. With your concept why keep stats at all just keep the score of the game.

So volunteer. Quit complaining and act.

Easier said then done, please think, games are during the work day.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not in Newsday, but CSH beat Manhasset last night... Surprised by Syosset over Wantagh. GC win expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Since it is the beginning of the year, Ill say it. How or what can be done if the Newsday stats got it all wrong. In a relatively contested game. Goals are given to players that didnt even come close to the offensive zone and assists to players on defense who didnt cross midfield?

Who is responsible for this. I thought the books of each team need to be verified before the game was called official.

Bring the wize cracks on but I hope to get the real answer as well. We all have the films already so the coach already knows.

Who cares? Honestly are you really concerned? Not a wisecrack , just amazed that people actually care enough to try to have it changed.

And here we go........3 months of complaining about.....stat padding, too many goals, too big a scoring margin, no passing, go to goal ball hogs,... all brought to you by some pompous negative fans who need to complain about something.

I guess your kid is one of those who score 7 goals in a game when her team wins by 15. Say what you want but poor sportsmanship is on full display thru out the girls lax season and parents like you, the coaches and the AD's should be embarrassed of themselves. The good news my kids team is just as unsportsmanlike so they will just crosscheck your little stat padding ball hog in the head..

And your ignorant stupid comment has made my case. Do you actually listen to yourself or at least pause before you send your comment on crosschecking a player in the head. I'm sure your fat/lazy [ChillLaxin]has never been crosschecked in the head. You are a braggart......my daughter would kick your A$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the girls list their club team, the all star team selections, their HS awards and of course their Newsday stats in their college bios

The stat padders are all trying to play in college. It all matters in self promotion especially in a sport with so few truly exceptional players. Most of our girls are very close ability wise

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask here?
Call the coach and ask how stats are kept.
Make sure to let colleges you are interested in that you worry about unfair numbers.

I get it, better to ask here then seem like a crazy parent to the coach make sense. Our coach actually makes fun of it, while apologizing weekly. Many times in the form of sarcasm, directed to the player whom received the erroneous stat. Lightens the mood.

I will tell you this, as far as College coaches, I'd suspect college coaches are looking (especially at a contested game) so they see their future player/prospect (especially if a star player, a star player without stats is worrisome, coach is thinking injury or issue).

Other things are social; neighbors, friends, family. and to be truthful, If we are on here we are looking at our home town and comps stat lines

It all matters

No, it does not matter if the stats are wrong in Newsday. College coaches are in the middle of their season and that is their focus. They do not recruit at HS games and they do not put too much stock in stats. They have watched their recruits many times over the years and they know what they are getting.

Some players will put up numbers in HS games but rarely stand out in competitive club games. Other players actually perform better when playing against better competition.

There is a reason the best college coaches at the best programs do not bother with HS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Suffolk County look this year.

Snowing at the moment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not in Newsday, but CSH beat Manhasset last night... Surprised by Syosset over Wantagh. GC win expected.

Syosset over Wantagh no Surprise to much turn around in Wantagh last couple years going to be a long season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Actually most people care and if they are going to put stats in the paper they should at least get them correct. That is why you should have an adult keeping the stats for both teams who should compare the books at the end of the game .It also keeps teams honest about the stats of their players. With your concept why keep stats at all just keep the score of the game.

I don't think that most people care enough to actually call Newsday because they didn't credit their daughter with a goal. Nothing else they print in that rag is accurate or true so why would you expect them to get HS stats correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

How about the parents that call there school coach and AD and newsday , because there daughter did not get credit for a goal or assist that she had. pathetic parents. They think there daughter is super star, while she is going to a D3 school and probably won't start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

If you had parents doing stats you will have same problem, parents padding kids stats.. Look at SWR stats 2013, 2014, 2015. over inflated. Parent calling adding stats..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

I don't think that most people care enough to actually call Newsday because they didn't credit their daughter with a goal. Nothing else they print in that rag is accurate or true so why would you expect them to get HS stats correct.

I know one that called newsday last year. daughter still on team, a senior and I'm sure they will call again.Suffolk county team, south shore, going to D3 college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Suffolk County look this year.

Snowing at the moment

Mt. Sinai best in Suffolk.
BBP will be strong.
ESM not as strong as past few years. very young.
West Islip will be better than last year.
Northport returns top players. Should compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about next tier - can they compete with BBP. Assume Sinai untouchable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh is in for a long season...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might be a stupid question, but I have always gotten scores off of "sportscentral.news12varsity.com" site but this year there are no scores posted or daily updates. Other than the newspaper, where else are you folks getting your scores and stats? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

If you had parents doing stats you will have same problem, parents padding kids stats.. Look at SWR stats 2013, 2014, 2015. over inflated. Parent calling adding stats..

You would think an adult would get it right, and an actual parent of a player would be embarrassed to inflate because they look like an ass inflating stats. Could be worse, we had a player's little sister keeping stats. You wanna talk about cooking the books! it is one thing to inflate numbers, its another to deflate others for your own agenda and that happens as often. HS ball is meaningless, have your kid go kick ass in summer ball and fall ball and everything will fall into place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
newsday online. scores and stats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever since News12 took over from MSG Varsity it’s been terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know manhasset lost, but watched GC play last weekend, they are not very good. Manhasset will beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about next tier - can they compete with BBP. Assume Sinai untouchable.

don't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know manhasset lost, but watched GC play last weekend, they are not very good. Manhasset will beat them.

You watched a scrimmage?! Everyon plays in a scrimmage, get a grip. Was your daughter was playing or your a stalker?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You watched a scrimmage?! Everyon plays in a scrimmage, get a grip. Was your daughter was playing or your a stalker?
So anyone who watches a lacrosse game, or enjoys girls lacrosse is a stalker, or are you just an [ChillLaxin]h@le

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come every time people post about who's going to be a contender nobody ever mentions ward melville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So anyone who watches a lacrosse game, or enjoys girls lacrosse is a stalker, or are you just an [ChillLaxin]h@le

The sport has turned so toxic that only parents go to watch because they cant stand people like the one who responded to you. He's shocked that someone actually still likes the sport. People like him have ruined a great team game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they are not a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you replying to something or talking to yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People who think wm is not a good team or serious contender are delusional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is inaccurately referring to Garden City.

What team is do you root for? My prediction is your are wrong GC >

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you replying to something or talking to yourself

Just another low life troll trying to start trouble. There have been three attempts to bait since Saturday. Let the morons keep fishing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC is way down this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC and Wantagh are both down. Never saw a GC team drop so many balls before. Wantagh will struggle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

If something is wrong, the coach can call Newsday and they will adjust it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look for Long Beach, North Shore, Plainedge and Lynbrook to have solid seasons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After their 2016 state championship, they lost 17 seniors including a bunch of starters. The won another state championship in 2017. They lost 9 seniors and, once again, a bunch of starters this year. Happens every year. Look for another very strong season. They’ll be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Solid seasons. Please stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget wheatley and carle place

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC and Wantagh are both down. Never saw a GC team drop so many balls before. Wantagh will struggle.

Every year someone comes on here and says GC is down and then they win the States again. They have great coaching and good players, they will be fine. Wantagh has a new coach again (3 in 4 years). I heard they have more freshman and sophomores than Juniors and seniors. They will struggle but should be around at the end in the C's with CSH, NS and Plainedge and Lynbrook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Manhasett scrimmage still at n for Saturday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget wheatley and carle place

Here’s a hint and my daughter graduated and now plays D1. Stop bringing up CP or Wheatley like they are near the same level as Conference 1 lax because these people are going to abuse you. Any team where a girl can possibly score 14 goals should be ashamed of its self. Much less discussed as good. Sorry but that needs to be said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not just score 14 goals but have to figure she shot another 5-10 times and missed?....joke....

Like Reply Quote
Page 89 of 214 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard