BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 52 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most BC fans expected this to be a down year and would agree that they are not as strong as their ranking. Your comment about their top scorer is silly - they do have her and next year they will be a legit top 5 team with her back along with Kenzie Kent, Dempsey Arsenault and one of the top recruiting classes in the country. .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In Div 2, how does Queens College make it so high with a 2-6 record?...am I missing something?...curious

Not as many quality teams. Not a knock on D2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
In Div 2, how does Queens College make it so high with a 2-6 record?...am I missing something?...curious

That’s totally a knock. Anyway, 7 of their games were vs a top 15 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the bottom 5 D1 teams this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the bottom 5 D1 teams this year?

Really......is that a legit question. So are you asking who the worst 150+ players (5 teams x 30 players) are. Is this some kind of backhanded way to put down these college athletes who probably have done more in their lives than you....sitting in front of a computer. [ChillLaxin]question!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they have good coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can every team in the country have the best recruiting class. you guys are a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 players have a legit shot at the teewarrtin award. Apuzzo and McCool that's it. who evers team goes further in the tournament will win the award. plain and simple. end of discussion. no one else is worthy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Coaching at Queens College. and they have the best recruiting class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Coaching at Queens College. and they have the best recruiting class.

Hmmm....good coaching, best recruiting class.....still have 2-6 record?....didn't know they played all 7 of those top teams already...cmon' now....silly goose

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can every team in the country have the best recruiting class. you guys are a joke.

LOL. Whenever I see that, I think it's the parent of one of those recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D2 has always been known for not having a lot of depth like D1 and D3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 players have a legit shot at the teewarrtin award. Apuzzo and McCool that's it. who evers team goes further in the tournament will win the award. plain and simple. end of discussion. no one else is worthy.

Sorry there are others but I would not argue that they are near the to of the list. If that the case it will depend on how much the committee values the defensive side of the game as McCool is in my opinion possibly the best player in college on the defensive side of the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry there are others but I would not argue that they are near the to of the list. If that the case it will depend on how much the committee values the defensive side of the game as McCool is in my opinion possibly the best player in college on the defensive side of the ball.

You're on crack. She might be the best D middie but not the best defensive player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that for the first time in years nobody is putting a Maryland player high on the Tewaaraton list. Is this the case even if they win the whole thing again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depth at D III? Talent is extremely thin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're on crack. She might be the best D middie but not the best defensive player.

We are all on crack if we are on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that for the first time in years nobody is putting a Maryland player high on the Tewaaraton list. Is this the case even if they win the whole thing again?

Not this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you do not think she is in the top 5 and possibly the best defender in college you just have not been watching. Sorry it offends that a middy is the best defender but honestly if whatever defender you feel is better had a better stick and could put it in the back of the net she would be a middy also. Lets hear your list of Tewaraaton worthy defenders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depth at D III? Talent is extremely thin.

But more teams are bunched together in D3 regardless of talent level. In D2 the competition falls off a cliff after the top handful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida women’s lacrosse is unwatchable especially the LI players . The whole team are fouling machines w the LI defender the worst , the flopping on offense is gross lead by the LI middy and the goal celebration dance has caused me to throw up in my own mouth way too often generally by the LI attackman .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're snowbound, you can watch Towson at Florida: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpJtiy79DjY&feature=youtu.be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

McCool's first two years were her best, in 6 competitive games this year 21 goals on 56 shots (37%), 3 assists, 2 more Turnovers than Caused TO (11/9), Below average FP shot percentage,12 GB & 51 DC - the DC's are the only top ten category she's in regarding any offensive or defensive metric. The double digit shots every game seems to have slowed down, perhaps Levy spoke to her. Great player, but seems to have drifted from the team concept that initially made her great. That being said, being on team USA and the UNC marketing machine will go a long way with the voters so anything is possible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a short sighted response. There is plenty of talent at the D3 level. May not be as strong as players in your top 20 D1 teams but Top 10/15 teams very likely could beat middle/ bottom D1 teams. Some of the D1 programs so average yet parents will beat their chests to brag their daughters play “D1”. There are many top D3 players that decided that their futures beyond college are worth more than going to an average college merely to be able to say they played D1. Stop living through your kids and get a life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

McCool's first two years were her best, in 6 competitive games this year 21 goals on 56 shots (37%), 3 assists, 2 more Turnovers than Caused TO (11/9), Below average FP shot percentage,12 GB & 51 DC - the DC's are the only top ten category she's in regarding any offensive or defensive metric. The double digit shots every game seems to have slowed down, perhaps Levy spoke to her. Great player, but seems to have drifted from the team concept that initially made her great. That being said, being on team USA and the UNC marketing machine will go a long way with the voters so anything is possible

Honestly if you are going to post at least have a clue ,first off your stats are not even remotely close to correct , second comparing stats is ridiculous unless teams have played schedules that are comparable .You obviously have not watched her play and instead of saying someone does not deserve it why don’t you tell us who does. Marketing machine is laughable ,you must have them confused w Stony Brook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

Honestly if you are going to post at least have a clue ,first off your stats are not even remotely close to correct , second comparing stats is ridiculous unless teams have played schedules that are comparable .You obviously have not watched her play and instead of saying someone does not deserve it why don’t you tell us who does. Marketing machine is laughable ,you must have them confused w Stony Brook.

Please post the correct stats in the 6 competitive games UNC played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

Please post the correct stats in the 6 competitive games UNC played

Please post the more deserving candidates

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a short sighted response. There is plenty of talent at the D3 level. May not be as strong as players in your top 20 D1 teams but Top 10/15 teams very likely could beat middle/ bottom D1 teams. Some of the D1 programs so average yet parents will beat their chests to brag their daughters play “D1”. There are many top D3 players that decided that their futures beyond college are worth more than going to an average college merely to be able to say they played D1. Stop living through your kids and get a life

Stop. There is not plenty of talent at the D3 level. Please save your condescending BS about average colleges. You appear to be the one living through you kid.

So, the young women at Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Penn, Duke, Stanford, Brown, Dartmouth, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Cornell, Georgetown, Cal Berkley, USC, Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, Boston College, William & Mary, Boston University,University of Florida, Lehigh, UC Davis, Villanova, Penn State, Ohio State,George Washington, UConn, Syracuse, Maryland, Army, Navy etc...

Don't care about their future?

You sound very arrogant. If your daughter was a decent lacrosse player and also had good grades she would be at a DI school. I know, I know Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Northwestern and Duke are all over rated. You had offers from Hopkins and Notre Dame as well but you choose to go D3. Georgetown wasn't good enough and USC and Berkley were too far. Virginia, Michigan and North Carolina are state schools, yuk.

Nothing wrong with DIII but lets not get delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

Dude, you nailed it. I actually used to be much more impressed with her until this year. This year has the me brand lacrosse going hard and not executing it very well. All players roles will change from year to year with upper classmen graduating out then under classmen pressuring from below. Not all players get better each year, some get worse. It could be they don’t fit the new role, it could be they garner more attention from opposing teams, or a myriad of other reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
c

Dude, you nailed it. I actually used to be much more impressed with her until this year. This year has the me brand lacrosse going hard and not executing it very well. All players roles will change from year to year with upper classmen graduating out then under classmen pressuring from below. Not all players get better each year, some get worse. It could be they don’t fit the new role, it could be they garner more attention from opposing teams, or a myriad of other reasons.

Dude , you are obviously ignorant . Answer this , name one midfielder who is better than her on the defensive side .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D3 is a great choice for many. But you are overstating the talent level a bit. The top teams, meaning the champs and maybe 1 or 2 more, would maybe slot in around 70th in D1. They would not beat middle D1, but would beat the bottom 3rd. The 15th best D3 team would be ranked below 100th D1 and then from there it scales down fast.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

It's not a knock. D2 does not have depth. So you will have a team suchs as Queens that plays a difficult schedule with a bad record. The division just does not have a lot of good teams. A couple of years back a talented D3 Hamilton team beat the eventual D2 champ Florida Southern (It was actually Florida Southern's last loss of the year). Hamilton didn't make the D3 NCAA playoffs that year. D2 schools also don't have "branding" like D1 and many D3 schools.

The original "curious" post was why does a 2-6 team get ranked. The answer is there are not many quality teams. That is not a knock on D2 as a whole.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

D3 is a great choice for many. But you are overstating the talent level a bit. The top teams, meaning the champs and maybe 1 or 2 more, would maybe slot in around 70th in D1. They would not beat middle D1, but would beat the bottom 3rd. The 15th best D3 team would be ranked below 100th D1 and then from there it scales down fast.

I agree--probably more than a bit. D3 is a great choice for many. I have published on this site a study I conducted of the 2013 class and only 53% were playing D1 lacrosse their senior year. The hardest thing to do is match your student-athlete to the best college. I'm a Villanova graduate. Great school. I'm on their advisory board. They do not support women's lacrosse. Many D1 schools do not support women's lacrosse. If it is a good academic match, the student/athlete wants the commitment to D1 and get a degree--perfect. Just realize Villanova is not making the NCAA tournament. Or Bucknell. Or Siena. Or nearly 85% of the D1 schools. It's the state of the game right now. (Now watch, 'Nova will reel off wins the rest of the year!).

D3, in terms of who make the NCAA playoffs, while a little more flexible, is almost as static. The commitment is not as intense, travel abroad is available (you can even play lacrosse abroad, which is cool) and offers students more flexibility with intense majors. The top D3 lacrosse programs are not easy schools to get into, either. Middlebury, Williams, Hamilton, Tufts, Amherst, Bowdoin, Colby (all NESCAC) plus Washington & Lee, Franklin and Marshall, Gettysburg etc all have extremely high standards for admission.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 Queens Colleges

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson Florida game was a sloppy mess with somewhere around 80 fouls between the two teams .Something has to be done with the flopping etc.and can someone please let the florida coach know the dance after a goal is gross enough but to do it when your team is getting outplayed in every aspect of the game is embarrassing not just for the dancer but the program in general.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 Queens Colleges

thank you...just saw that there is one in NC.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson Florida game was a sloppy mess with somewhere around 80 fouls between the two teams .Something has to be done with the flopping etc.and can someone please let the florida coach know the dance after a goal is gross enough but to do it when your team is getting outplayed in every aspect of the game is embarrassing not just for the dancer but the program in general.

Omg what even is that!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude lighten up. Not a Fla Fan by any stretch but the dance was just a young person having fun. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I iterate again: let the fouls get tallied like in basketball and you'd clean that nonsense right up. Do that and nearly every former YJ playing collegiate would be out of the game by half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude lighten up. Not a Fla Fan by any stretch but the dance was just a young person having fun. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing.

I'm with you here, it doesn't bother me to see it..the kid is having fun.. it appears she responding to something or someone on the sideline.. They might as well have fun, if they continue to stink it it up on the field there won't be much of a playoff run in their future.

Page 18 of 52 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard