BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 111 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Locust valley was by far the better team .
They have many D1 can’t miss players on the team.
Chaminade looked beaten the whole day
LV is pretty close to a lock for state championship.
They dominated in every phase of the game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh oh
Could be rough spring in mineola 3fe7t2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is screwing with you. There was no scrimmage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No it is not the responsibility of the reader to verify your statement. If you can’t backvit up don’t write it. It’s nit even remotely reasonable. You wrote it as if you KNEW the information. Now we all see it was a guess on your part. Why don’t you PROVE your statement? What a loser

I second the original post... judging from the tone of your response - truth is too close to home...
sorry, Early recruiting is done. UNC, Hopkins (greatest offenders) had missed on too many reclassified and early bloomers... FACT.

...and we ALL Dont have to think too hard for first hand examples, of where reclassified diminished returns, from coaches and player perspectives.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it is not the responsibility of the reader to verify your statement. If you can’t backvit up don’t write it. It’s nit even remotely reasonable. You wrote it as if you KNEW the information. Now we all see it was a guess on your part. Why don’t you PROVE your statement? What a loser

I second the original post... judging from the tone of your response - truth is too close to home...
sorry, Early recruiting is done. UNC, Hopkins (greatest offenders) had missed on too many reclassified and early bloomers... FACT.

...and we ALL Dont have to think too hard for first hand examples, of where reclassified diminished returns, from coaches and player perspectives.

This is true. Was also wondering......are there actually any Cham boys in college making an impact on their team besides Fowler? Seems like mostly LI public school boys are game changers in college this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lv definitely has the nicer field and campus. Beautiful. The girls are much hotter there too... LV wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connor Carey is probably AA this year in D3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it doesn’t hit close to home, my son is a Junior in a public school. I don’t know a single hold back. What I’m taking from this is that your sons are less than average players. Your excuse for their lack of ability is to claim “holdback” at every turn. That’s what I take from your tone! It’s true isn’t it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it doesn’t hit close to home, my son is a Junior in a public school. I don’t know a single hold back. What I’m taking from this is that your sons are less than average players. Your excuse for their lack of ability is to claim “holdback” at every turn. That’s what I take from your tone! It’s true isn’t it?

Nah... actually opposite... my point is, generally speaking, there is NO long term advantage for "Hold back/reclassified" players anymore.
Early recruiting is finished...
the extra year of physical development is neutralized by the time the player is on HS Varsity, and College level

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true. Was also wondering......are there actually any Cham boys in college making an impact on their team besides Fowler? Seems like mostly LI public school boys are game changers in college this year.

Yes, lots of Chaminade players have made, and, are making impactful contributions to their teams. But, what does that have to do with reclassified players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAHA! So, you are comparing 1 HS's (Chaminade) volume of impact players vs the entire combined LI public HS player pool?? ...you set a high bar!!

BTW - How many LI HS do you know that claims (5/6) class 2017 players, starting on D1 Programs as Freshman??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAHA! So, you are comparing 1 HS's (Chaminade) volume of impact players vs the entire combined LI public HS player pool?? ...you set a high bar!!

BTW - How many LI HS do you know that claims (5/6) class 2017 players, starting on D1 Programs as Freshman??

CHS is one that comes to mind, and the one kid from there is tearing it up at Virginia! Which Cham freshman have done anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dads who cry reclass have underachieving sons! Fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, lots of Chaminade players have made, and, are making impactful contributions to their teams. But, what does that have to do with reclassified players?

Who are making big contributions this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, if that is the case and there are that many Freshman Chaminade grads starting at D1 programs then clearly there chemistry and or coaching problems at Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure what scrimmage you were at, but it could not have been the one between Chaminade and Locust Valley on Tuesday. If they kept score it was approximately Chaminade 24, Locust Valley 3. Why all the hate? Locust Valley is a quality squad for the size school they are, but not in the same league as the big boys. With the numbers they have, it would be very difficult. They have a couple players that bounced out of SA (didn't know that was possible), that are two of their better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the players who are attending or attended Chaminade were not developed by Chaminade. Chaminade has the luxury of having players attend from all over Long Island. The best players who also have strong academics that have been the best players early on in the lacrosse community. Unlike public schools who rely on the pool of players within their community. Look at the luxury they have. Who else has that luxury. How many good to great players attend chaminade and never play. I would consider it a failure if they are not the best program in the country every year. What other school has the pool of players that Chaminade has. Some may say St. Anthony's but I think that the academic rigors that Chaminade has differentiates it. It takes a very committed student athlete to attend and also the all boy aspect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the players who are attending or attended Chaminade were not developed by Chaminade. Chaminade has the luxury of having players attend from all over Long Island. The best players who also have strong academics that have been the best players early on in the lacrosse community. Unlike public schools who rely on the pool of players within their community. Look at the luxury they have. Who else has that luxury. How many good to great players attend chaminade and never play. I would consider it a failure if they are not the best program in the country every year. What other school has the pool of players that Chaminade has. Some may say St. Anthony's but I think that the academic rigors that Chaminade has differentiates it. It takes a very committed student athlete to attend and also the all boy aspect.

Umm, Calvert Hall and IMG come to mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First to say Chaminade is NOT for everyone... The successful Chaminade student must have courage to weigh the potential athletic frustrations, with the opportunity for strong academics and religious education.
The top Chaminade lacrosse player's profile defines (college) "top program" differently than D1 NCAA top 20 polls... Cham player views Prestigious Academic Institutions as "top programs ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dads who cry reclass have underachieving sons! Fact!

Ha! ...says the reclassified Dad...
If nothing else, the reclass Dad in honest... he KNOWS his son isn't good enough, but at least willing to do something it... holding back, Concedes that FACT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, if that is the case and there are that many Freshman Chaminade grads starting at D1 programs then clearly there chemistry and or coaching problems at Chaminade.

Well... you might have a point there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHS is one that comes to mind, and the one kid from there is tearing it up at Virginia! Which Cham freshman have done anything?

Ahhh... just did. If you are that interested, it's not too hard to figure out...
...not about to start dragging in names, when the kids don't even know this is a topic of discussion...
BTW- good for that CSH kid... he is a heck of a player and having a great year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure what scrimmage you were at, but it could not have been the one between Chaminade and Locust Valley on Tuesday. If they kept score it was approximately Chaminade 24, Locust Valley 3. Why all the hate? Locust Valley is a quality squad for the size school they are, but not in the same league as the big boys. With the numbers they have, it would be very difficult. They have a couple players that bounced out of SA (didn't know that was possible), that are two of their better players.

Wow - you clearly missed the sarcasm literally dripping from this post - that is clear by your attempt to respond and rebut it versus the volumes of other BOTC readers who saw it, understood it, yet knowing such, scrolled on by for days with no comment . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point he is making is that Chaminade can draw from a quality pool of all local players; Calvert Hall can also do the same, but IMG cannot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another point to make about the quality of the Chaminade Athlete, Of the 8 teams in the 2017 lacrosse quarter finals Chaminade Grads were one of the captains on 6 of the teams. That says it all. Very happy my son made the decision to attend Chaminade.

First to say Chaminade is NOT for everyone... The successful Chaminade student must have courage to weigh the potential athletic frustrations, with the opportunity for strong academics and religious education.
The top Chaminade lacrosse player's profile defines (college) "top program" differently than D1 NCAA top 20 polls... Cham player views Prestigious Academic Institutions as "top programs ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh... just did. If you are that interested, it's not too hard to figure out...
...not about to start dragging in names, when the kids don't even know this is a topic of discussion...

Why would you be worried about naming names of kids who are excelling, unless there are none? Nobody asked you to tell about the kids who pooped the bed. Enough about this elitist Chaminade crap. There are a ton of public school kids excelling at top 20s. I’m still waiting for the answer to the question about how many Chaminade grads are excelling at D1 Lacrosse in college this year besides Fowler??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Long Island is the major hot bed for lacrosse. Chaminade is not a 40 plus thousand a year school so it is affordable. Chaminade is perfectly positioned to draw from the best schools on Long island. Think about it they draw from the historically strong programs like Manhasset and Garden City but will also draw from some of the stronger Suffolk County programs as well. You also will get thr exceptional athlrtr from non hotbeds to attendalso.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the flip side the public school kids have been playing together since second grade and with the better programs have been taught the same system that the HS runs, you would think that should count for something when putting a team on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come there aren’t any Chaminade stand outs in college this year?? You would think they would be more stat leaders with all the hype. Sounds like a lot of Smoke and mirrors to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come there aren’t any Chaminade stand outs in college this year?? You would think they would be more stat leaders with all the hype. Sounds like a lot of Smoke and mirrors to me.

Ok, I’ll bite.
ever see Mueller’s name on top off points total leader?? You Probably, never heard of him until he won 2017 D1 NCAA Defensive player of the year...
...at least 5 graduated 2017 seniors starters at Freshman - no hype

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the flip side the public school kids have been playing together since second grade and with the better programs have been taught the same system that the HS runs, you would think that should count for something when putting a team on the field.

Baloney! The clubs are developing the players. Ward Melville doesn't win the state last year without the contribution from the Express developed players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade 11-6 over McDonogh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huge win for the program. Should put them in the top 5 for multiple polls since McDonogh was top 5 in all 3 major ones

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huge win for the program. Should put them in the top 5 for multiple polls since McDonogh was top 5 in all 3 major ones

Down year for McDonogh not as many good PGs there this year. Last year was different. Basically there are multiple teams from LI that could have also had same result. Ex. WM, SW, SA and sorry something I am sure you know but just don't say. Lacrosse still great on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't get ahead of yourself. McDonogh is not that good. As mentioned here before, Preseason Rankings are not that accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Chaminade won't lose a game this year. They are that good. Before you comment, name a weakness they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Chaminade won't lose a game this year. They are that good. Before you comment, name a weakness they have.

1.Parents writing checks their kids can't cash.

2.Hubris

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1.Parents writing checks their kids can't cash.

2.Hubris

Lol. In another words, you agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you

Like Reply Quote
Page 99 of 111 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard