BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 88 of 214 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Opening day in HS lax - how did it go? Any interesting scores? Story lines? A lot of big scoring?

Looks like the big scoring had a 14 point effort in a win by 10

And another Nassau girl put up 10 Goals but at least her team lost in OT and they seemed to need every one of those goals! Let the games begin!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Opening day in HS lax - how did it go? Any interesting scores?
High School Lacrosse and Newsday are both irrelevant. 90% of the teams on Long Island are not competitive and 90% of the coaches on Long Island are terrible. Selfish players and their parents create problems on the field as well as the sideline. If you are fortunate enough to play for one of the 8 - 10 strong programs consider yourself lucky.

This will not sit well with many of you but... Thank God for Club Lacrosse. Club lacrosse has provided an outlet for many girls from HS programs with weak coaches to be recognized so that they will be able to pursue their passion at the next level. Every college coach that recruited my daughter said that they could care less about HS lacrosse (yes, our HS situation was discussed). They said that they understand and that they saw what they needed to see during the summer. It was my first time around so I asked a lot of questions and it became very clear to me that HS Lacrosse truly is irrelevant. Maybe if your daughter is fortunate enough to play for GC, Manhasset, Mt. Sinai, BBP, ESM, WI etc... and she has a good HS coach and a legit chance to compete it is fun and positive. For many the HS experience is not positive. It is an unfortunate reality but in the end the HS coach, the delusional parents, the selfish players, the statistics, the honors etc are all meaningless and irrelevant. We are grateful that the club experience was positive and that our daughter will attend a great school with a very competitive lacrosse program. We are optimistic and looking forward to a bright future.

Those same club girls are the ones that stat pad like crazy in HS. Why? because most of us don't know what they do on their club teams so they want to make sure the world sees.On the HS teams with weaker coaches they run wild. And Newsday does matter because they all list their HS point totals in their college bios, not their club tallies. KO from SB lists 255 goals in HS and 100 and something point season right below her tewarten nomination

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most st a kids wind up as prison guards

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opening day in HS lax - how did it go? Any interesting scores? Story lines? A lot of big scoring?

Watch Newsday and girls and their parents load up those points against inferior competition. Who will be the first to put a 20 spot on a team like Copagiue. Stat padding and poor coaching

A Wheatley player put up 14 yesterday..

Sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch Newsday and girls and their parents load up those points against inferior competition. Who will be the first to put a 20 spot on a team like Copagiue. Stat padding and poor coaching

I heard that kid is one of the top kids in the country...needed every goal to win that tight game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Opening day in HS lax - how did it go? Any interesting scores?
High School Lacrosse and Newsday are both irrelevant. 90% of the teams on Long Island are not competitive and 90% of the coaches on Long Island are terrible. Selfish players and their parents create problems on the field as well as the sideline. If you are fortunate enough to play for one of the 8 - 10 strong programs consider yourself lucky.

This will not sit well with many of you but... Thank God for Club Lacrosse. Club lacrosse has provided an outlet for many girls from HS programs with weak coaches to be recognized so that they will be able to pursue their passion at the next level. Every college coach that recruited my daughter said that they could care less about HS lacrosse (yes, our HS situation was discussed). They said that they understand and that they saw what they needed to see during the summer. It was my first time around so I asked a lot of questions and it became very clear to me that HS Lacrosse truly is irrelevant. Maybe if your daughter is fortunate enough to play for GC, Manhasset, Mt. Sinai, BBP, ESM, WI etc... and she has a good HS coach and a legit chance to compete it is fun and positive. For many the HS experience is not positive. It is an unfortunate reality but in the end the HS coach, the delusional parents, the selfish players, the statistics, the honors etc are all meaningless and irrelevant. We are grateful that the club experience was positive and that our daughter will attend a great school with a very competitive lacrosse program. We are optimistic and looking forward to a bright future.

Those same club girls are the ones that stat pad like crazy in HS. Why? because most of us don't know what they do on their club teams so they want to make sure the world sees.On the HS teams with weaker coaches they run wild. And Newsday does matter because they all list their HS point totals in their college bios, not their club tallies. KO from SB lists 255 goals in HS and 100 and something point season right below her tewarten nomination

Not all of them, and not the ones who play for good coaches at strong programs. Big difference between a player like kO and the girls who try to run through 2 and 3 girls. My daughters team has many club girls and only one is really over the top with selfish play. two of the others are selfish but not as bad as the other. Coaches are a big part of the problem because they can't control it. Very ugly to watch and it will definitely result in another underperforming team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this comment is Ridiculous. The catholic schools are great here on LI. Even I can say that ST Ant's kids are competitive, disciplined, academically strong, seem well mannered when it counts which is not the norm at this age. SJB is a great school as well. Same moral codes and message.
friends there who left public schools are amazed and delighted at the change in their kids/athletes. and mostly, academics is #1 focus there, from the words of the coaches. support is there, also, every day of the week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that kid is one of the top kids in the country...needed every goal to win that tight game.

I call BS......Sure, you "heard" that kid {probably your kid} is one of the best in the country. Go ahead and pound your chest. But don't come on here and call it a close game. 17-7 is NOT a close game. That score is equivalent to a basketball game score of 68-28. If I told you the leading scorer of that blow out basketball game scored 56 of the 68 points, nobody in their right mind would say, "needed every point to win that close game".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK. So that sounds like a positive and upbeat attitude to start the season!

It blows my mind but this is true. Been through the process twice, sat, spoke and dealt with many coaches during recruit visits and coaches meetings. They don’t look or care one single bit about HS. Don’t even bother following up with HS coaches. It is 100% club driven process

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this comment is Ridiculous. The catholic schools are great here on LI. Even I can say that ST Ant's kids are competitive, disciplined, academically strong, seem well mannered when it counts which is not the norm at this age. SJB is a great school as well. Same moral codes and message.
friends there who left public schools are amazed and delighted at the change in their kids/athletes. and mostly, academics is #1 focus there, from the words of the coaches. support is there, also, every day of the week.

yeah yeah, keep drinking the kool-aide

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK. So that sounds like a positive and upbeat attitude to start the season!

It blows my mind but this is true. Been through the process twice, sat, spoke and dealt with many coaches during recruit visits and coaches meetings. They don’t look or care one single bit about HS. Don’t even bother following up with HS coaches. It is 100% club driven process

explains exactly why travel directors have folks grovel at their feet....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UHH, the won by 10. Pass the ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS......Sure, you "heard" that kid {probably your kid} is one of the best in the country. Go ahead and pound your chest. But don't come on here and call it a close game. 17-7 is NOT a close game. That score is equivalent to a basketball game score of 68-28. If I told you the leading scorer of that blow out basketball game scored 56 of the 68 points, nobody in their right mind would say, "needed every point to win that close game".

Can just see the proud Papi at the water cooler now..." Funny you should mention the NCAA bball tournament.....my little S--I scored 14 goals yest during a HS lax game....what a talent she is....watching her run the length of the field and score 14 goals is something to see....sure she missed 10 shots too, but her teammates were cheering her every shot as they stood around!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is one of the most powerful people in the entire sport. Earns way more than most college coaches, carries more weight. runs the tournament circuit, has her hands in all the BS all star games and owns US lacrosse to boot.

And you know what? Delaying verbals until 11th grade is actually great for her and the clubs because it keeps the kids on the hook for another 2 years instead of 8th graders verbaling. Now everyone has to stay really motivated with club until 11th. Clinics Fall ball, tournaments etc ca-ching ca-ching ca-ching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR is one of the most powerful people in the entire sport. Earns way more than most college coaches, carries more weight. runs the tournament circuit, has her hands in all the BS all star games and owns US lacrosse to boot.

And you know what? Delaying verbals until 11th grade is actually great for her and the clubs because it keeps the kids on the hook for another 2 years instead of 8th graders verbaling. Now everyone has to stay really motivated with club until 11th. Clinics Fall ball, tournaments etc ca-ching ca-ching ca-ching

nailed it...cash cow continues..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can just see the proud Papi at the water cooler now..." Funny you should mention the NCAA bball tournament.....my little S--I scored 14 goals yest during a HS lax game....what a talent she is....watching her run the length of the field and score 14 goals is something to see....sure she missed 10 shots too, but her teammates were cheering her every shot as they stood around!"

Pretty sure that was sarcasm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UHH, the won by 10. Pass the ball

Passing is frowned upon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And another Nassau girl put up 10 Goals but at least her team lost in OT and they seemed to need every one of those goals! Let the games begin!

There is a big difference in putting up 10 goals in an OT loss yesterday than putting up 14 goals in a 10 goal win. Two totally different situations in my book! Oddly enough, the girl who had 10 also had 2 assists while the girl who posted 14 goals in the 10 goal win yesterday had ZERO assists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you haven’t been paying attention Port has defeated Syosset in playoffs 2 straight years and has only lost to pequa to prevent county championships last year in ot. Yes they are quality. Graduated 3 D1 players and have 3 more left. Don’t comment if u don’t know.

How did Port do today? How did all the D1 girls fair against Pequa?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you haven’t been paying attention Port has defeated Syosset in playoffs 2 straight years and has only lost to pequa to prevent county championships last year in ot. Yes they are quality. Graduated 3 D1 players and have 3 more left. Don’t comment if u don’t know.

How did Port do today? How did all the D1 girls fair against Pequa?

Port graduated 3 players at D1 and 1 at Adelphi only have D1 on this years team for the record. Not sure where that poster got that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares it's wheatly lacrosse, weakest conference, weakest schedule, I'm sure a good 7th grade PAL town team could win that conference. this is as bad as talking about carle place lacrosse - both are irrelevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Riverhead dynasty over already? That's not the way to start a championship season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Since it is the beginning of the year, Ill say it. How or what can be done if the Newsday stats got it all wrong. In a relatively contested game. Goals are given to players that didnt even come close to the offensive zone and assists to players on defense who didnt cross midfield?

Who is responsible for this. I thought the books of each team need to be verified before the game was called official.

Bring the wize cracks on but I hope to get the real answer as well. We all have the films already so the coach already knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry your Shannon didnt get credit for hers. Coach submits whoever she wants for points and assists. Coaches like to pad stats for certain players especially towns that never win so at least they have a big point getter to talk about.

Posting stats is the worse thing that ever happened to girls lacrosse. Its a team game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Since it is the beginning of the year, Ill say it. How or what can be done if the Newsday stats got it all wrong. In a relatively contested game. Goals are given to players that didnt even come close to the offensive zone and assists to players on defense who didnt cross midfield?

Who is responsible for this. I thought the books of each team need to be verified before the game was called official.

Bring the wize cracks on but I hope to get the real answer as well. We all have the films already so the coach already knows.

The winning team supplies the stats for each game to newsday. If the team has someone doing their book that does not know what they are doing it gets messed up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Newsday is not the official stat keeper for HS sports. Your coach has the official stats for your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Who cares? Honestly are you really concerned? Not a wisecrack , just amazed that people actually care enough to try to have it changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a very good point. I’m pretty sure it’s a sideline player or team manager who has the discretion to credit stats to their pals.
Sucking up to the some star players can lead to party invites etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask here?
Call the coach and ask how stats are kept.
Make sure to let colleges you are interested in that you worry about unfair numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is that Port Dad with all those D1 players now???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply put, it’s a great game that is being ruined by delusional parents . It’s so uncomfortable to watch a game amongst loud mouth parents who only cheer for their own kid and second guess the coaches while reffing the game at same time.

Try this.... cheer for all of the kids with the same enthusiasm you cheer for your own. If everyone did that it would be great to attend the games.

Try this.....Drop lax and play in the band.

[ChillLaxin]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nailed it...cash cow continues..

"Carries more weight," "cash cow" - I see what you did there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Who cares? Honestly are you really concerned? Not a wisecrack , just amazed that people actually care enough to try to have it changed.

And here we go........3 months of complaining about.....stat padding, too many goals, too big a scoring margin, no passing, go to goal ball hogs,... all brought to you by some pompous negative fans who need to complain about something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Actually most people care and if they are going to put stats in the paper they should at least get them correct. That is why you should have an adult keeping the stats for both teams who should compare the books at the end of the game .It also keeps teams honest about the stats of their players. With your concept why keep stats at all just keep the score of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Suffolk County look this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have never seen a player put up 14 goals in a game and the fact that she had zero assists and the game was one sided is an absolute embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Actually most people care and if they are going to put stats in the paper they should at least get them correct. That is why you should have an adult keeping the stats for both teams who should compare the books at the end of the game .It also keeps teams honest about the stats of their players. With your concept why keep stats at all just keep the score of the game.

So volunteer. Quit complaining and act.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

And here we go........3 months of complaining about.....stat padding, too many goals, too big a scoring margin, no passing, go to goal ball hogs,... all brought to you by some pompous negative fans who need to complain about something.

I guess your kid is one of those who score 7 goals in a game when her team wins by 15. Say what you want but poor sportsmanship is on full display thru out the girls lax season and parents like you, the coaches and the AD's should be embarrassed of themselves. The good news my kids team is just as unsportsmanlike so they will just crosscheck your little stat padding ball hog in the head..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask here?
Call the coach and ask how stats are kept.
Make sure to let colleges you are interested in that you worry about unfair numbers.

I get it, better to ask here then seem like a crazy parent to the coach make sense. Our coach actually makes fun of it, while apologizing weekly. Many times in the form of sarcasm, directed to the player whom received the erroneous stat. Lightens the mood.

I will tell you this, as far as College coaches, I'd suspect college coaches are looking (especially at a contested game) so they see their future player/prospect (especially if a star player, a star player without stats is worrisome, coach is thinking injury or issue).

Other things are social; neighbors, friends, family. and to be truthful, If we are on here we are looking at our home town and comps stat lines

It all matters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, help me out!

Why don't you volunteer to keep stats or pay for the adult score keeper out of your pocket. I agree the books should be verified by both teams before it's marked official but the book/score keep sometimes get wrapped up in the game and may miss something. Now before you say they should be fired for not doing their job well think about who we are talking about. Some hs kid making a few bucks trying his best.

Don't worry we all know your daughter scored all of the goals. The coaches will find her.

Like Reply Quote
Page 88 of 214 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard