BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 264 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know 20 year olds at Deerfield. I was in my 3rd year of college @ 20.

How old is Tehoke Nanticoke who played at IMG Last year. The only thing I saw was that he was 20 last year. Take out all the PGs, pre-firsts, re-classes and the real HS Rankings are;

Darien (Conn.)
Victor (N.Y.)
Chaminade (N.Y.) (does have some Re-classes)
Ward Melville (N.Y.)
St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
Massapequa (N.Y.)
Delbarton (N.J.)
Torrey Pines (Calif.)
Conestoga (Pa.)

Tehoka Nantikoke will be 22 before he finishes his Freshman year of college, but fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I had a talk with the coach says it all"

Other than possibly an academic or disciplinary matter there is NO REASON for parents to be speaking with high school coaches.

Aye, aye Captain!

Generally I agree that parents do not need to engage a coaches for other reasons than academic or disciplinary reasons. That said, if your son is serious about playing in college and is not an All-American or All-County then he will need some help and guidance from his parents in navigating the do's and don'ts as it relates to getting exposure to college coaches. It seems appropriate, if your son is on that path, to engage the coach since it is the proactive player (with help from parents) that will differentiate him from another player of equal caliber. Any disagreement here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than possibly an academic or disciplinary matter there is NO REASON for parents to be speaking with high school coaches.

Aye, aye Captain!

Generally I agree that parents do not need to engage a coaches for other reasons than academic or disciplinary reasons. That said, if your son is serious about playing in college and is not an All-American or All-County then he will need some help and guidance from his parents in navigating the do's and don'ts as it relates to getting exposure to college coaches. It seems appropriate, if your son is on that path, to engage the coach since it is the proactive player (with help from parents) that will differentiate him from another player of equal caliber. Any disagreement here?

Leave the coaches alone nutbag

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tehoke dob 1/18/97. Smh

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Tehoke dob 1/18/97. Smh

That's nuts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tehoke dob 1/18/97. Smh

Hes a year older than my college sophomore!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless the coach is abusing your son you have zero reason to talk with him and even if so, the AD is the proper channel. No coach is going to force an 8th or 9th grader to play on varsity if he or his parents don't want him to, and if he does he should not be in coaching. Save your wind. The parents know who the crazies ones are and the coaches certainly do to and we all laugh at you--doing your kids more harm then good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aye, aye Captain!

Exactly! Want some help from the coach, send him a two sentence emai. He will certainly help you with that $1500 “scholarship “ .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aye, aye Captain!

Exactly! Want some help from the coach, send him a two sentence emai. He will certainly help you with that $1500 “scholarship “ .

You do realize there are plenty of players that leverage lacrosse to just get into a school, and have no expectations of a scholarship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless the coach is abusing your son you have zero reason to talk with him and even if so, the AD is the proper channel. No coach is going to force an 8th or 9th grader to play on varsity if he or his parents don't want him to, and if he does he should not be in coaching. Save your wind. The parents know who the crazies ones are and the coaches certainly do to and we all laugh at you--doing your kids more harm then good.

So, how exactly do you let a coach know if you want your 8th grader to play or not play on Varsity if (according to BOTC) you have zero reason for a parent to talk to your coach. Is it OK to answer a call if the the coach calls you?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24
Tehoke dob 1/18/97. Smh

That's nuts.

that is 2 months younger than my son who is a senior

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about not having your son go to the tryout to begin with. Or have him discuss with the coach when the coach invites him. Or if he gets invited have a discussion with the AD. Sounds to me like you just wanted to talk about your sons opportunity and advanced ability relative to his peers in a public forum...

Congrats. Hope it all works out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many valid reasons why someone would want to talk to a lacrosse coach. it is ok. don't listen to all these people who have the perfect child who is a lacrosse prodigy. I wouldn't approach a coach to see if my son or daughter can be moved up to varsity, the coaches will decide who is ready to practice and play at that level.

The only thing that is really taboo is trying to speak to the coach within 24 hours after a game. Other than that, go ahead and call. don't push your son or daughters skills on the coach, but ask questions and thank him for his time.

I have several friends who coach travel, high school and college. None of these guys are off limits to parents. They just don't want someone telling them their little johnnie is the greatest. You can ask what does he need to work on, how is his attitude and work ethic at practice, what advice can you share with us to keep reiterating to him at home. If this has to do with playing time, then I would definitely have my child speak to the coach directly or as our coach says- have a parent present so the child doesn't misinterpret anything he said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, how exactly do you let a coach know if you want your 8th grader to play or not play on Varsity if (according to BOTC) you have zero reason for a parent to talk to your coach. Is it OK to answer a call if the the coach calls you?

In order to form a relationship with a HS coach, you get your son involved with the coaches off season workouts, if a coach likes what he sees he will invite and speak with the parent. and a conversation will organically happen.

if the younger player is varsity worthy the hs boys will also know and include him on emails and such. but that is all gone now becasaue isnt there a stupid 3 day "tryout" period for MS players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 20 year olds at Deerfield. I was in my 3rd year of college @ 20.

How old is Tehoke Nanticoke who played at IMG Last year. The only thing I saw was that he was 20 last year. Take out all the PGs, pre-firsts, re-classes and the real HS Rankings are;

Darien (Conn.) (Thought you said take out prefirst)
Victor (N.Y.)
Chaminade (N.Y.) (does have some Re-classes) (thought you said take out prefirst and reclass)
Ward Melville (N.Y.)
St. Anthony’s (N.Y.) (Thought you said take pout prefirst - reclass)
Massapequa (N.Y.)
Delbarton (N.J.) (same)
Torrey Pines (Calif.) (i think they have a different definition of prefirst/reclass)
Conestoga (Pa.) Not to sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just imagining these phone calls from the coach top a BOTC parent

HS Coach: Dad, I wanted to talk to you about your 8th grade son being moved up to varsity
BOTC Dad: Screw off, I don't talk to my kids coaches

three years later
HS Coach: Dad, I got a call from Coach Wojcik about your son
BOTC Dad: I already told you, screw off, I don't talk to my kids coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many valid reasons why someone would want to talk to a lacrosse coach. it is ok. don't listen to all these people who have the perfect child who is a lacrosse prodigy. I wouldn't approach a coach to see if my son or daughter can be moved up to varsity, the coaches will decide who is ready to practice and play at that level.

The only thing that is really taboo is trying to speak to the coach within 24 hours after a game. Other than that, go ahead and call. don't push your son or daughters skills on the coach, but ask questions and thank him for his time.

I have several friends who coach travel, high school and college. None of these guys are off limits to parents. They just don't want someone telling them their little johnnie is the greatest. You can ask what does he need to work on, how is his attitude and work ethic at practice, what advice can you share with us to keep reiterating to him at home. If this has to do with playing time, then I would definitely have my child speak to the coach directly or as our coach says- have a parent present so the child doesn't misinterpret anything he said.

totally agree with the above post - - most parents of kids planning on going on to play at the next level (D1-2-3 or club) will have many conversations with an involved coach and in most cases the coach will be the ones reaching out to the parents - they have a lot more experience with the college selection process and most want to be involved in the decision

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He picked Pequa # 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I speak to coach Powers every day, the only problem is he is walking away with is back to me,I have to yell but I think he here’s me because he gives me the thumbs up. Wait maybe it’s not the thumb, lol talk to coach not in my town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port coaches fired for having kids drive to and from practice and non sanctioned facility

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I speak to coach Powers every day, the only problem is he is walking away with is back to me,I have to yell but I think he here’s me because he gives me the thumbs up. Wait maybe it’s not the thumb, lol talk to coach not in my town.

No need to talk to Powers.. accept the man for who he is and watch the wins pile up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need to talk to Powers.. accept the man for who he is and watch the wins pile up.

No skin in this game (Massapequa), but if winning is the only measure, then by all means defer to that metric. If having a program that is both successful in competition as well as developing its players across the board to be the best that they can be, then maybe wins ISN'T the ONLY metric . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tehoke dob 1/18/97. Smh

That's nuts.

did he take your kids spot on the Albany starting attack? if not, who gives a $h/! how old he is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No skin in this game (Massapequa), but if winning is the only measure, then by all means defer to that metric. If having a program that is both successful in competition as well as developing its players across the board to be the best that they can be, then maybe wins ISN'T the ONLY metric . . .

Powers is not the head coach or the PAL director, so for my money, if you can get an assistant coach with that kind of lacrosse knowledge and coaching ability you grab him and you pile up the wins - let the head coach worry about developing players and building the program, Massapequa seems to have a pretty good handle on that.........signed jealous on the north shore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port coaches fired for having kids drive to and from practice and non sanctioned facility

Huntington coach fired as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why was Huntington coach fired?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aye, aye Captain!

Aye, aye Captain!

If your kid is getting pulled up and you’re not talking to the coach to make sure that it is the right thing for both the team and the player than you are a nut bag. Any kid that has a good coach and is looking to do the right thing will speak to the parent. My son’s coach approached me in ththe fall and told me his plan. He wanted to see if he would be able to contribute to the team over the winter and would give him the opportunity to play if he thought he could play. So if you haven’t had a conversation with the coach, then you really need to question your parenting skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D.W.I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"I had a talk with the coach says it all"

Aye, aye Captain!

Aye, aye Captain!

If your kid is getting pulled up and you’re not talking to the coach to make sure that it is the right thing for both the team and the player than you are a nut bag. Any kid that has a good coach and is looking to do the right thing will speak to the parent. My son’s coach approached me in ththe fall and told me his plan. He wanted to see if he would be able to contribute to the team over the winter and would give him the opportunity to play if he thought he could play. So if you haven’t had a conversation with the coach, then you really need to question your parenting skills.
[/quot
His he your oldest kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of them or just the HC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tehoke dob 1/18/97. Smh

That's nuts.

did he take your kids spot on the Albany starting attack? if not, who gives a $h/! how old he is?

hey db,
obviously, the several people discussing this post before you chimed in with a dumb [ChillLaxin]response, are the ones who cared enough to talk about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So coach goes to you for advice
Maybe he should go back to teaching drivers ed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington was so good great role model!! Get a DWI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D.W.I

Are we talking about KT or JW??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of them or just the HC?

HC only I believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for real? All these coaches do and fired for this? what is a non sanctioned facility? Good luck finding a coach at this time of year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, everyone should remember the saying "people in glass houses"- I don't think anyone is perfect and we all make mistakes. If someone in a fortune 500 company got a DWI, they would not be fired. I know because I work for a large company with several key employees who have gotten a DWI.

I am not condoning this behavior but I am not better than everyone else where I can Judge and I don't think all of you are either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The good HS coaches interact with the parents who are there for the program and support the TEAM. Some of us are actual doing this to help all of the boys and help the coaches when they ask. Why wouldn’t they do that? I personally know several Varsity footaball and Lacrosse coaches and they all look to work with the booster club parents. They don’t ever want to have a conversation about playing time and the 24 hour rule is a great one to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, everyone should remember the saying "people in glass houses"- I don't think anyone is perfect and we all make mistakes. If someone in a fortune 500 company got a DWI, they would not be fired. I know because I work for a large company with several key employees who have gotten a DWI.

I am not condoning this behavior but I am not better than everyone else where I can Judge and I don't think all of you are either.

Not sure comparing a coach of children with adults in the workplace is a proper analogy . . . there are clearly many differences in acceptable behaviors allowed between these two completely different environments.

Like Reply Quote
Page 107 of 264 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard