BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 28 of 47 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The men did well

Could not be a more accurate statement; next to Crabs the most blatant disregard for playing holdbacks. Again the mighty dollar prevails!!!

That's ridiculous. The Hawks are an outstanding team with great kids. Maybe a holdback or two (like every team out there) but over 95% on age. We love the hate.

Yep. We(Hawks) have a few new kids this season who I don't know their ages. None are difference makers. I believe there are only 2 kids who are old for their grade and 1 of them is NOT our best attackmen who everyone thinks is a holdback. Sorry, he isn't. We even have a kid, who is 2024 age playing 2023 because he started school early or skipped a grade, I can't remember the story. 70% of this team started u9 together and are still together.

Sorry

Not a holdback? Maybe he started school a few years late. 6 in one - half dozen in the other.

Sorry again, but nope. He is just bigger and better than yours, and mine, and most.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True! 7th grade isn’t a factor. However in order to get better you need to be able to compete against strong teams and players. Some people are Ok with playing Fresh/Soph when they start High School. These are the kids who are in it for fun and that is fine for some kids. There very competitive players who want to compete against better teams. Those are your JV and Varsity players. Don’t kid yourself that playing for fun will lead your son to a competetive High School team where he will play. That is not the mentality. It should be fun always but you have to want the competition. It is not something that is a learned trait. You either have it or you don’t. There should not be any judgment either way!

Wow, it must really kill you Mr. Madlax or CM that Madlax is the third best team based in Northern Virginia at this age. While you are losing kids Cav's picked up two great players from another team this winter. Cav's played top competition and while our boys may not be up to par with the top Elite teams, how does playing games within 5 goals of NL not help them get better? They may not win but the kids are getting better and v. top teams. As time goes on they will also win. Great programs attract players and Cav's are the place to be in NOVA right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Nice schedule this weekend. Avoiding hawks and NL. Played A last weekend. Keep trying to hide lax factory cav vlc southriver waiting for you in HOCO 3-3 if your lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Nice schedule this weekend. Avoiding hawks and NL. Played A last weekend. Keep trying to hide lax factory cav vlc southriver waiting for you in HOCO 3-3 if your lucky.

Where are Hawks and NL this weekend? I heard something about a Springboard Play Day this weekend in Annapolis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it hawks A or B at home wood havoc this weekend

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks is also registered for homewood havoc doesn't say which team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Next Level/DC Express' tournament has destroyed Madlax's spring tournament. More evidence that Madlax is declining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know when schedule is coming out? season starts in 9 days. It's like back in MYLA days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it hawks A or B at home wood havoc this weekend

They don't have a 2023 B team this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Boys playing in PA this week!

Looneys vs HHH, BBL and Mesa Futures. Looneys owns HOCO this year; watch out Hawks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys vs HHH, BBL and Mesa Futures. Looneys owns HOCO this year; watch out Hawks

I am not familiar with the three teams you mentioned Looney's will be playing; is this AA ball? I am anxious to see how Looney's does this year; seems to be a lot of buzz around this team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously...
club blue 5-1
NL 5-1
hawks 4-2
crabs 1-2
blc 2-4
looneys 2-4
fca 1-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not familiar with the three teams you mentioned Looney's will be playing; is this AA ball? I am anxious to see how Looney's does this year; seems to be a lot of buzz around this team!!

You should probably come out of the Maryland lacrosse rock you have been hiding under... Some of the best programs in Philly and surrounding areas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really... Stop trolling this club.. Everyone on this team and other teams respect their opponents and realizes how tough this spring league will be for every team....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really... Stop trolling this club.. Everyone on this team and other teams respect their opponents and realizes how tough this spring league will be for every team....

I am not sure how this is “Trolling”? I have a son on the team and I like the way they look; sorry for the positive posts I guess only negative posts are accepted here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure how this is “Trolling”? I have a son on the team and I like the way they look; sorry for the positive posts I guess only negative posts are accepted here.

Your not a parent of that team and if you are... Shut it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously...
club blue 5-1
NL 5-1
hawks 4-2
crabs 1-2
blc 2-4
looneys 2-4
fca 1-5

guessing your son on CB? You predicting Crabs only get to play 3 games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your not a parent of that team and if you are... Shut it

You need to relax and have some fun my friend; it's 7th grade lacrosse unless your crabs/Hawks then it's 7, 8 and 9th grade lacrosse! I am proud of this team and where they have come so you will definitely hear me on the sidelines this year for sure!! Looney's will surprise a lot of team this year!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously...
club blue 5-1
NL 5-1
hawks 4-2
crabs 1-2
blc 2-4
looneys 2-4
fca 1-5

Now this is hilarious!! Club Blue loses to Team 91 in the Fall and they are going 5-1 against these teams?? Boy are you delusional!

Hawks 6-0 or 5-1
NL - 5-1
FCA - 4-2
Club Blue 3-3
Crabs - 3-3
BLC - 2-4
Looney's 1-5
Madlax 0-6 (or whoever is the 8th team)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know when schedule is coming out? season starts in 9 days. It's like back in MYLA days

My guess is tomorrow or Saturday the HOCO schedule will be out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should probably come out of the Maryland lacrosse rock you have been hiding under... Some of the best programs in Philly and surrounding areas

Surely not at the 2023 level......................average at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, crabs 4-2 didn't have my third cup of coffee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously...
club blue 5-1
NL 5-1
hawks 4-2
crabs 1-2
blc 2-4
looneys 2-4
fca 1-5

These projections could easily be flipped. All these teams are excellent. Tough games each week. I predict a lot of OT games and no blowouts as in years past. Should be fun to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously...
club blue 5-1
NL 5-1
hawks 4-2
crabs 1-2
blc 2-4
looneys 2-4
fca 1-5

These projections could easily be flipped. All these teams are excellent. Tough games each week. I predict a lot of OT games and no blowouts as in years past. Should be fun to watch

Completely agree with this post!! I think whoever the 8th team ends up being; if they go that way, will struggle mightily against each of these 7 teams......so who is it going to be; Madlax, Team 91, VLC, South River, the CAVS or other?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the vaunted Hawks for 2023 had second thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
club blue hold back cheaters play football in the fall...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st week games on website

Nl v CB
Looneys v 91
Crabs v hawks
Blc v fca

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously...
club blue 5-1
NL 5-1
hawks 4-2
crabs 1-2
blc 2-4
looneys 2-4
fca 1-5

Now this is hilarious!! Club Blue loses to Team 91 in the Fall and they are going 5-1 against these teams?? Boy are you delusional!

Hawks 6-0 or 5-1
NL - 5-1
FCA - 4-2
Club Blue 3-3
Crabs - 3-3
BLC - 2-4
Looney's 1-5
Madlax 0-6 (or whoever is the 8th team)

That would be team 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have been scheduled for blandair park in Maryland since February. FYI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st week games on website

Nl v CB
Looneys v 91
Crabs v hawks
Blc v fca

7 very good teams and 91. How was this team decided to be the one to play in the Elite Division? 0-6 for the second straight year; at this point I feel sorry for the kids and parents on this team. Hey Mark; remind us again what these boys will be learning getting hammered each week? How about putting your ego aside and let this team play AA or A and have some fun and grow as a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they're playing in homewood havoc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the AA 2023 Division you have the following teams:

VLC
Madlax
3D Mid Atlantic
Pininsula
Cavalier
Cannons
FCA White
South River
API
Lax Factory

Out of those teams VLC was probably the better option over 91 but none of these teams would win a game in the Elite Division. I agree with the earlier post about 91 playing in AA and growing the program for success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they're playing in homewood havoc

Is there a schedule out or a tourney machine link? I could not find any details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC
Madlax
3D Mid Atlantic
Pininsula
Cavalier
Cannons
FCA White
South River
API
Lax Factory

Out of those teams VLC was probably the better option over 91 but none of these teams would win a game in the Elite Division. I agree with the earlier post about 91 playing in AA and growing the program for success.

What this Division tells me as a NOVA guy is the NOVA teams are eating themselves. I count 4 NOVA teams in the same Div. And I count 0 NOVA teams in the Elite Div. So my question is. Are there no Elite players on these 4 teams or are the Elite players spread out evenly over these 4 teams. Someone has to be the adult in the room and find a way to put the Elite players on one team in NOVA I really do not care how or which team. But these NOVA kids are in 7th grade its about to get real in 2 years or 3 on the high side. If this stays this spread out over the next 3 to 5 years this class will have the least top D1 commits in NOVA history.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC
Madlax
3D Mid Atlantic
Pininsula
Cavalier
Cannons
FCA White
South River
API
Lax Factory

VLC will not even win this division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC
Madlax
3D Mid Atlantic
Pininsula
Cavalier
Cannons
FCA White
South River
API
Lax Factory

What this Division tells me as a NOVA guy is the NOVA teams are eating themselves. I count 4 NOVA teams in the same Div. And I count 0 NOVA teams in the Elite Div. So my question is. Are there no Elite players on these 4 teams or are the Elite players spread out evenly over these 4 teams. Someone has to be the adult in the room and find a way to put the Elite players on one team in NOVA I really do not care how or which team. But these NOVA kids are in 7th grade its about to get real in 2 years or 3 on the high side. If this stays this spread out over the next 3 to 5 years this class will have the least top D1 commits in NOVA history.

Madlax guy please give it a rest! At least admit you are trying to get Madlax more players and using this D1 carrot to get parents to pay more for the same level of play. Long before there was a HOCO league and an Elite Division players still made it to D1 programs from NOVA. Some top NOVA players are on Elite teams already. They just drive a little further. The ones from deeper in Fairfax and Loudoun are just fine. Elite players go to D1 schools because they are elite players not because they play for Elite teams. In HS the 7th and 8th grade HOCO result will not matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC
Madlax
3D Mid Atlantic
Pininsula
Cavalier
Cannons
FCA White
South River
API
Lax Factory

Madlax guy please give it a rest! At least admit you are trying to get Madlax more players and using this D1 carrot to get parents to pay more for the same level of play. Long before there was a HOCO league and an Elite Division players still made it to D1 programs from NOVA. Some top NOVA players are on Elite teams already. They just drive a little further. The ones from deeper in Fairfax and Loudoun are just fine. Elite players go to D1 schools because they are elite players not because they play for Elite teams. In HS the 7th and 8th grade HOCO result will not matter.

So you made my point thank you very much. You said the elite players drive to play for a elite team! My kid is way past 7th grade i really do not care about 2023 like that. But I do like NOVA lacrosse getting the respect they deserve. It is true I hate the grass is greener side of travel sports. People thinking this new hot team is the way to go. The only person you gets hurt is the single mom who gets bad advice for her son from one of you this new hot team is the place to be guys. There is a place for each of these teams in NOVA but just check your little egos and let the established programs have the top talent and stop spreading it out all over NOVA so we are all stuck with a bunch of avg teams. You can not think its a good thing to have 4 avg teams and not 1 team in each level of HOCO?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC
Madlax
3D Mid Atlantic
Pininsula
Cavalier
Cannons
FCA White
South River
API
Lax Factory

So you made my point thank you very much. You said the elite players drive to play for a elite team! My kid is way past 7th grade i really do not care about 2023 like that. But I do like NOVA lacrosse getting the respect they deserve. It is true I hate the grass is greener side of travel sports. People thinking this new hot team is the way to go. The only person you gets hurt is the single mom who gets bad advice for her son from one of you this new hot team is the place to be guys. There is a place for each of these teams in NOVA but just check your little egos and let the established programs have the top talent and stop spreading it out all over NOVA so we are all stuck with a bunch of avg teams. You can not think its a good thing to have 4 avg teams and not 1 team in each level of HOCO?

So you do not care about the 2023 division yet you follow this board and view the HOCO schedule the day it is posted??? HMMMM My comment was that some NOVA players choose to play for CB and NL but they live in Arlington or McLean which is no big deal. If a kids wants to play there it is an easy drive. I do not think Loudoun kids will travel that far. However, why do you care about which teams kids play for? The history of NOVA lacrosse which you clearly do not understand will not be impacted if there is not a team in the HOCO elite division. These kids will actually make other kids better by playing for more teams. This will increase the overall talent pool. Many people played in Northern Virginia and went on to play for top D1 teams long before there was a MADLAX. You should just post here a Madlax ad because what you are really trying to do is get people to read a post and think maybe I should come back to Madlax. Why else would you care about this age group. I would suggest you just work harder to coach the kids you have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are all solid teams, but not Elite.

Page 28 of 47 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard