BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 313 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
May be open to all but the team is pretty much decided based on politics and cliques. In Baltimore region it is a waste of time and most kids know that. The "in" kids know they are shoe ins and the other kids who think it is an objective event go and become the token 1 or 2. The quality players without the right last name or legacy stay away as the ball never gets passed and the attitudes are sky high. Better to stay home and hit the wall to prep for team events.

Plus if you arent an over age future true 10 grader or 12 grader....You have even less of a chance. Baltimore should be advertised as any 10 grade or 12 grade prefirst/heldback/reclassed players come try out.. It was so bad last year...Even the guru of recruiting Ty said something had to be done about age differences. It was that obvious/ Sad state for lacrosse

blah, blah, blah older kids blah, blah blah, old news, just move on......and ty xander is an ass [ChillLaxin], hardly a guru of recruiting, whoever is buying him beer that night gets his kid mentioned, he is not evaluating any talent

There is no one that has a detailed lacrosse recruiting website like Xanders. Just cause you dont like him ( did your holdback kid get overlooked) doesn't mean his site isn't informative. Like all recruiting websites, he gets it right sometimes and other times, not so right.
And for Xanders to say something about overage private school players is something. That means it is out of hand as most of us can see. His main emphasis is on private schools and their players.

Sorry Mrs. Xander, didn't mean to offend your boy.

No prob. I will make sure your holdback gets a shout out next time. Promise.

OUCH! Thats going hurt!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May be open to all but the team is pretty much decided based on politics and cliques. In Baltimore region it is a waste of time and most kids know that. The "in" kids know they are shoe ins and the other kids who think it is an objective event go and become the token 1 or 2. The quality players without the right last name or legacy stay away as the ball never gets passed and the attitudes are sky high. Better to stay home and hit the wall to prep for team events.

Plus if you arent an over age future true 10 grader or 12 grader....You have even less of a chance. Baltimore should be advertised as any 10 grade or 12 grade prefirst/heldback/reclassed players come try out.. It was so bad last year...Even the guru of recruiting Ty said something had to be done about age differences. It was that obvious/ Sad state for lacrosse

blah, blah, blah older kids blah, blah blah, old news, just move on......and ty xander is an ass [ChillLaxin], hardly a guru of recruiting, whoever is buying him beer that night gets his kid mentioned, he is not evaluating any talent

There is no one that has a detailed lacrosse recruiting website like Xanders. Just cause you dont like him ( did your holdback kid get overlooked) doesn't mean his site isn't informative. Like all recruiting websites, he gets it right sometimes and other times, not so right.
And for Xanders to say something about overage private school players is something. That means it is out of hand as most of us can see. His main emphasis is on private schools and their players.

OUCH! Thats going hurt!

.. it was pretty comical listening to Shriver an Corrigan stressing the freshmen or sophomore grade of some of the BL players ...minor detail that maybe 1 was a true sophomore or freshman age wise. Better to remain silent about grade as everyone knows the real deal. At least in college they refer to players as "redshirt freshman" , "5th year senior" etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's HS. Who cares how old they are? As long as they aren't 19 when they start their senior year it's within the rules. BL has an amazing load of talent in the current sophomore and freshman classes. I get that complaining about the holdbacks in middle school grade based lacrosse. So what is a freshman went to prefirst and is 16? That means they are the age of a normal sophomore playing against a lot of juniors and seniors. My son is on age, but this whining is ridiculous. They're in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's HS. Who cares how old they are? As long as they aren't 19 when they start their senior year it's within the rules. BL has an amazing load of talent in the current sophomore and freshman classes. I get that complaining about the holdbacks in middle school grade based lacrosse. So what is a freshman went to prefirst and is 16? That means they are the age of a normal sophomore playing against a lot of juniors and seniors. My son is on age, but this whining is ridiculous. They're in high school.

Well you are correct but also missing some of the point. How many people on this site know of a High school coach or college coach who had their own kids reclass/ start school late at any sport not just lacrosse? I can think of at least 4 coaches I know of. Now ask yourself why would people in the know reclass / start kids late? They know how this game works. If you reclass you get 20 to 40 more Varsity games played. Because you are really 15 and a half as a Freshman you get on the field your first year in high school. The 14 year old freshman has to play JV lacrosse. Do you think it helps to get that top D1 spot when you get to say you are the schools leading scorer or near the top of the list at these better programs? My point being the advantage does not go away when high school starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an stunad, why do you think they PG kids in college, so can have time to drink and find a girl friend . No it’s to get them bigger, faster , stronger , a year makes a big difference.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH! Thats going hurt!

.. it was pretty comical listening to Shriver an Corrigan stressing the freshmen or sophomore grade of some of the BL players ...minor detail that maybe 1 was a true sophomore or freshman age wise. Better to remain silent about grade as everyone knows the real deal. At least in college they refer to players as "redshirt freshman" , "5th year senior" etc.

Didn't watch but I'm guessing they might have mentioned the soph lefty attack and soph defender, both of whom were born in the fall of 2001. Both also started last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH! Thats going hurt!

Didn't watch but I'm guessing they might have mentioned the soph lefty attack and soph defender, both of whom were born in the fall of 2001. Both also started last year.

Both were on age as most of BL is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both were on age as most of BL is!

As most of BL is. Now that’s funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL kid on age? You must be joking....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding will make a HUGE splash this season(2018) and most likely will win the MIAA in 2019. Loading up with 2021 Hawks and many of the better 2022 Hawks going there too

16-1 DeMatha over Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding will make a HUGE splash this season(2018) and most likely will win the MIAA in 2019. Loading up with 2021 Hawks and many of the better 2022 Hawks going there too

That HURTS. LOL DeMatha?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch - They need to take DeMatha off the schedule next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a Huge splash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that is funny. BL started the holdback and has perfected it. They began allowing holdback transfers in the 80’s and 90’s... way ahead of their time. When St Paul’s joined the party, they began doing it earlier and more often. BL remains the ONLY school that will allow a kid to do the same year again at their school when there is no academic justification whatsoever. The result is their athletes hold back early and often and across the board are a year older than a normal student.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch - They need to take DeMatha off the schedule next year.

Spalding is going to be really good next year. Ask anyone in Red and Black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a Huge splash.

Yea..They will win the MIAA in 2019..no doubt! I heard thru the grapevine that McD, BL, CH are all thinking of going MIAAB just to escape their wrath next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked Dematha isn't in the MIAA so losing to them has nothing to do with my prediction. 500 this year in MIAA followed by a couple championships. Once the 22 Hawks get there there will be many changes and the wins will follow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked Dematha isn't in the MIAA so losing to them has nothing to do with my prediction. 500 this year in MIAA followed by a couple championships. Once the 22 Hawks get there there will be many changes and the wins will follow

My prediction is that Big Foot comes out of the Loch Raven Reservoir woods carrying Jimmy Hoffa !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 Hawks have gotten in the holdback game in big way. Not to mention their coach thinks he is coaching Johns Hopkins. Dude - seriously - lighten up. Its a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard about the drug issue in Anne Arundel County and this is proof that the issue is REAL. Lol

.500? Please tell us what league games they will win. Out of the 10 A league games I see 2 wins.

And don’t include the 2 B league games. Joke

DeMatha? Rabil must have played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigfoot was holdback !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Changes? If I was the AD I’d start with the coach. 16 wins in 3 years is not good. 6 wins tops this year.

Maybe hire “Bigsy” from API.

We really should get back to talking about relevant MIAA, WCAC, and IAC programs.

One DeMatha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 Hawks have gotten in the holdback game in big way. Not to mention their coach thinks he is coaching Johns Hopkins. Dude - seriously - lighten up. Its a game.

But he will make sure his son is playing for a championship caliber team. You can connect the dots for what that will look like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But he will make sure his son is playing for a championship caliber team. You can connect the dots for what that will look like.

Better take his son to Calvert Hall or ask Spalding to move down to the B league.

Please know the history of the league before you come on here with pipe dreams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better take his son to Calvert Hall or ask Spalding to move down to the B league.

The time is soon to rewrite history. Spalding 2020, 2021, 2022 MIAA Champs!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got that right!! The attack will be lead by Sasquatch , Nessie and Yeti !! They are strong tall and unstoppable . Some claim they are re-classed...but I have from good sources they only did a prefirst.

The two new coaches D B Cooper and Teddy Kaczynsk are probably the smartest coaches in the MIAA league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2022 Hawks have gotten in the holdback game in big way. Not to mention their coach thinks he is coaching Johns Hopkins. Dude - seriously - lighten up. Its a game.

The time is soon to rewrite history. Spalding 2020, 2021, 2022 MIAA Champs!!![/q

Someone drank some serious Kool-Aid or needs rehab. (Say NO to Drugs AA County).

Championship goes through Baltimore and sometimes takes a turn in Annapolis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rewrite history? Are you talking about the DeMatha game?

lol One DeMatha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding has the best 2021 Goalie
Spalding will have the best kids from the 2022 Hawks who are the best team in the country. They have the 3 Hawks defense starters. The best 2022 faceoff guy in the country, the Hawks best middie and the Hawks 2 best attack. All from the best team in the country. More coming. Remember the 30 mile rule. They will poach top McD and BL kids plus a few out of state surprises.

But, don't listen to me. You will see or hear about it soon enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding will have the best kids from the 2022 Hawks who are the best team in the country. They have the 3 Hawks defense starters. The best 2022 faceoff guy in the country, the Hawks best middie and the Hawks 2 best attack. All from the best team in the country. More coming. Remember the 30 mile rule. They will poach top McD and BL kids plus a few out of state surprises.

1)Believe me- no one is listening to you . MiAA Varsity is not the same as 8th grade club. When Spalding wins more than 1 game in league play then we all wil congratulate you.,
2) way to sell out the teammates of the 2022 Hawk team- lacrosse is a team game last everyone checked - they don’t win games with out the rest of the team.
3) Coaching at the Varsity level wins games and most importantly it loses games. There has been a ton of loaded teams that never won anything. Know the history of this league -
4) championships are won by Baltimore teams with St.Marys adding 1 every 10years or so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO. Kid get some sleep. You have school tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best Goalie? Did you see the DeMatha score? Poor guy got crushed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exact opposite. Kids will want to go and then transfer to McD, BL CH ... You need to put down the pipe .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best Goalie? Did you see the DeMatha score? Poor guy got crushed.

Ummmmm no he did not sizzle chest. He is a freshman. He is not on varsity yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1)Believe me- no one is listening to you . MiAA Varsity is not the same as 8th grade club. When Spalding wins more than 1 game in league play then we all wil congratulate you.,
2) way to sell out the teammates of the 2022 Hawk team- lacrosse is a team game last everyone checked - they don’t win games with out the rest of the team.
3) Coaching at the Varsity level wins games and most importantly it loses games. There has been a ton of loaded teams that never won anything. Know the history of this league -
4) championships are won by Baltimore teams with St.Marys adding 1 every 10years or so.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you. None of your post makes any sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks FO kid is good, but he is not the best 2022.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks 2022 face kid is going to Saint John’s plus the top attack and long pole . Saint John’s has a very strong 2022 recruiting class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is what happens when you get all the UA money.
You can pay for kids to come to your school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is what happens when you get all the UA money.
You can pay for kids to come to your school.

What School got all UA money ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club teams feed the MIAA-A high schools?
Spalding- Hawks
MSJ-
Calvert Hall-
Gilman-
St Paul’s-
Loyola-
Boys Latin-
John Carroll-
McDonogh-
St Mary’s-
Severn-

Like Reply Quote