BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 52 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

A more appropriate term than "developing" could be utilizing. I think the best coaches can:
• Identity talent / potential
• Recruit / Sell / Land (convince to attend school)
• Teach / Coach
• Effectively Utilize Talent
• Prepare / adjust
• keep team and individuals focused
• Inspire

IMHO, The best coaches are at the following Schools: in no particular order.

Maryland
Northwestern
Boston College
Navy
Princeton
North Carolina
Stony Brook
Penn
Colorado
Penn State

(Duke & USC) pretty good as well.

List is pretty good. Acacia Walker, however, should not be on that list. She checks the first box, very good (to the point of unethical) recruiter. Poor coach. Assistants do all the real coaching there. Ask the girls. And before all the "your daughter got snubbed there" comments start flying, that is not the case. She had an offer from BC. Turned it down. Saw first hand what she was all about with some other recruits and said no thank you.

My daughter happened to be on Boston College last year, a few things.
1. the assistant coaches do not do all of the work. They only had two coaches for the majority of the year last year
2. She is a tough coach yes, but she is genius and makes great game plans.
3. She develops talent, look at Kaileen Hart,Kate Weeks,Dempsey Arsenault,Sheila Rietano. They all grow have grown significantly throughout their times at BC.
4. She has taken over a team that was the worst in the ACC and has taken them to the top in 6 years.
5. How is she unethical?? She has a great product to sell.
While BC may not be for your daughter, you shouldn't speak for everyone else. Acacia has set her teams up to be top notch for the next few years and will continue to get top talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A more appropriate term than "developing" could be utilizing. I think the best coaches can:
• Teach / Coach
• Prepare / adjust
• Inspire

Maryland
Northwestern
Boston College
Navy
Princeton
North Carolina
Stony Brook
Penn
Colorado
Penn State

List is pretty good. Acacia Walker, however, should not be on that list. She checks the first box, very good (to the point of unethical) recruiter. Poor coach. Assistants do all the real coaching there. Ask the girls. And before all the "your daughter got snubbed there" comments start flying, that is not the case. She had an offer from BC. Turned it down. Saw first hand what she was all about with some other recruits and said no thank you.

1. the assistant coaches do not do all of the work. They only had two coaches for the majority of the year last year
3. She develops talent, look at Kaileen Hart,Kate Weeks,Dempsey Arsenault,Sheila Rietano. They all grow have grown significantly throughout their times at BC.
4. She has taken over a team that was the worst in the ACC and has taken them to the top in 6 years.
While BC may not be for your daughter, you shouldn't speak for everyone else. Acacia has set her teams up to be top notch for the next few years and will continue to get top talent.

1. The assistant coaches have always set the game plans.
2. She is anything but a genius. That is just ridiculous.
3. The assistants develop the talent, she plays with her kids.
4. She recruits well, as stated above. She got 2 of the top 3 in the country (Rix and Stanwick) along with a BC legacy that fell in her lap with no scholarship (Mannelly). Those girls were why they went from worst to one of the better teams. That then allowed her to recruit better girls and it built from there.
5. She lies, leads kids on and then dumps them late in the process. Have seen it happen to several girls.
6. No one is speaking for everyone else. Boston College is a good school in a great city and the girls on the team are a nice bunch of kids.

Acacia Walker is not a great coach. I'm glad your daughter had a good experience there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

• Teach / Coach
• Prepare / adjust
• Inspire

Maryland
Northwestern
Boston College
Navy
Princeton
North Carolina
Stony Brook
Penn
Colorado
Penn State

4. She recruits well, as stated above. She got 2 of the top 3 in the country (Rix and Stanwick) along with a BC legacy that fell in her lap with no scholarship (Mannelly). Those girls were why they went from worst to one of the better teams. That then allowed her to recruit better girls and it built from there.
5. She lies, leads kids on and then dumps them late in the process. Have seen it happen to several girls.
6. No one is speaking for everyone else. Boston College is a good school in a great city and the girls on the team are a nice bunch of kids.

Acacia Walker is not a great coach. I'm glad your daughter had a good experience there.

You sound like a very bitter person. Your daughter didn't go there, his/her did I think he knows more than you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

• Teach / Coach
• Prepare / adjust
• Inspire

Maryland
Northwestern
Boston College
Navy
Princeton
North Carolina
Stony Brook
Penn
Colorado
Penn State

You sound like a very bitter person. Your daughter didn't go there, his/her did I think he knows more than you.

This blog is pathetic. The only good coach is Spallina, The only good player is Kylie Ohlmiller. Whenever someone gets praise, Li trolls have to put people down. Newsflash the SB program has accomplished nothing yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Navy vs. Gators, if you're done with snow removal and have the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy44fAlJYfg&feature=youtu.be

Was 10-1 Navy in first half. Not a two goal game 15-13 in 2nd half. Florida has such a tough time being consistent throughout the season and even within games.

Good comeback for Florida, but shouldn't be down to a team like Navy by 8.

Navy is a darn good team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Navy vs. Gators, if you're done with snow removal and have the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy44fAlJYfg&feature=youtu.be

Was 10-1 Navy in first half. Not a two goal game 15-13 in 2nd half. Florida has such a tough time being consistent throughout the season and even within games.

A darn good team doesn't blow a 9 goal lead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

• Teach / Coach
• Prepare / adjust
• Inspire

Maryland
Northwestern
Boston College
Navy
Princeton
North Carolina
Stony Brook
Penn
Colorado
Penn State

A few homer comments that need to be corrected 1)she is no genius 2)they are not the top of the ACC ,they have never won the ACC and do not look like they will anytime soon 3) as far as getting the top talent ; not really . What makes you feel she does ?

I do believe she developes players better than some . I also know she is a tough coach especially if you are not on her small list of favorites and many of the girls on the team are afraid of her at best .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My very detailed comments have nothing to do with stony Brook they are ALL about my personal interactions with BC coach. She lies and does not do the right thing by kids FACTS This info was actual not hypothetical. Bad person

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when will florida make a coaching change?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My very detailed comments have nothing to do with stony Brook they are ALL about my personal interactions with BC coach. She lies and does not do the right thing by kids FACTS This info was actual not hypothetical. Bad person

Sorry that your experience was not more positive. At least your "very detailed" negative post was heartfelt and genuine. Obviously you have strong feelings based on actual experience.Some people would choose to keep the negative feelings to themselves but you choose to put them out there and thats okay. Others may have a different opinion and that is fine too. When I see detailed posts based on actual experience (even when negative) I have no problem with the it. If another poster has had a different experience that was positive they can post that as well.
Put the information out there and the rest of us can form our own opinion or we can choose to have no opinion at all. Much better to have a genuine post than the hit and run one line BS post put out there by a troll trying to start trouble.

My daughter was recruited and given a great offer by Acacia and our experience was very positive. I felt the coach was honest and my daughter loved her.

At least you are not a troll trying to stir the pot or bait the BC Faithful with... "BC Coach is terrible, they will never win."

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word has it that there is a little drug problem in gator land .......

??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

??

They also have a flopping problem ,watch the Navy game, hopefully the refs watch the games and see the nonsense .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know several players at BC and all are happy and say very positive things about Acacia and Jen Kent. If you ever listen to her interviewed she is very positive and gives a tremendous amount of credit to her coaches. All Top 20 coaches will be tough and demanding. The experience will not be positive for everyone at any school especially when it comes to recruiting. It can be a very ugly process that does not bring out the best in people. Acacia is certainly doing something right. She has turned that program around. It is clear that she attracts quality players and coaches - just look at her next few recruiting classes and the addition of Kayla Treanor. A lot of people and families see a lot of good in what this coach is doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

??

Another troll looking to stir things up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy is a solid team in most areas and very good on the draw. Florida was just a better team Florida won this game being down by 9 and and minus 16 on the draw and got below average goalie play There are not many teams who can overcome a deficit like that without success on the draw. Give them credit, they got really aggressive on D and caused a ton of turnovers. Navy had a tough time stopping the Florida offense from getting quality shots. The navy goalie had a good day with 14 saves. Everyone gets on O'Leary but she made some adjustments down the stretch that made a difference . Called on the freshman when the pireccas were getting locked off and she got it done. Florida is a huge wild card this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy is a solid team in most areas and very good on the draw. Florida was just a better team Florida won this game being down by 9 and and minus 16 on the draw and got below average goalie play There are not many teams who can overcome a deficit like that without success on the draw. Give them credit, they got really aggressive on D and caused a ton of turnovers. Navy had a tough time stopping the Florida offense from getting quality shots. The navy goalie had a good day with 14 saves. Everyone gets on O'Leary but she made some adjustments down the stretch that made a difference . Called on the freshman when the pireccas were getting locked off and she got it done. Florida is a huge wild card this year.

Not to mention Florida was without 2 preseason all Americans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

??

Why would you start false rumors? If you dont have facts then dont be like the main stream media and put out a lie !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was 10-1 Navy in first half. Not a two goal game 15-13 in 2nd half. Florida has such a tough time being consistent throughout the season and even within games. [/quote]

Good comeback for Florida, but shouldn't be down to a team like Navy by 8. [/quote]

Navy is a darn good team.[/quote]

A darn good team doesn't blow a 9 goal lead[/quote]

[/quote]
Not to mention Florida was without 2 preseason all Americans. [/quote]

Boston College beat them handily without one of the best in the country. Out drew them too, what does that say about the Gators?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please elaborate, what did she lie about? What has she done wrong for the kids? Curious for real dealings with her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Boston College beat them handily without one of the best in the country. Out drew them too, what does that say about the Gators?[/quote]

You obviously did not watch the BC/Navy game. It was anyone's game with 5 minutes left. BC scored some late meaningless goals. I am not sure what that says about the gators. What does it say about Virginia that Florida beat up UNC and Virgina lost to them by 4. Wait, but Cuse beat Florida and lost to Virginia hmmm. UNC lost to Florida and beat MD.. see where I am going here? I will say I watched Florida against these top teams and the have been dominant in long stretches when all things being equal. We will see if they can put it together down the stretch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Navy always has a problem clearing the ball, not sure why it hasn't been addressed, at this point its very obvious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College beat them handily without one of the best in the country. Out drew them too, what does that say about the Gators?[/quote]

You obviously did not watch the BC/Navy game. It was anyone's game with 5 minutes left. BC scored some late meaningless goals. I am not sure what that says about the gators. What does it say about Virginia that Florida beat up UNC and Virgina lost to them by 4. Wait, but Cuse beat Florida and lost to Virginia hmmm. UNC lost to Florida and beat MD.. see where I am going here? I will say I watched Florida against these top teams and the have been dominant in long stretches when all things being equal. We will see if they can put it together down the stretch. [/quote]

O'Leary can't get it done until she prove otherwise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame lost to High Point.......... Ha ha ha ha ha......... so much for the top recruits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia needs to find a goalie and quick, Loyola scores 19 goals on 22 SOG? Syracuse 16 goals on 18 SOG? I can't imagine the #2 goalie would do any worse, but I guess there's a reason she hasn't seen any action.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously did not watch the BC/Navy game. It was anyone's game with 5 minutes left. BC scored some late meaningless goals. I am not sure what that says about the gators. What does it say about Virginia that Florida beat up UNC and Virgina lost to them by 4. Wait, but Cuse beat Florida and lost to Virginia hmmm. UNC lost to Florida and beat MD.. see where I am going here? I will say I watched Florida against these top teams and the have been dominant in long stretches when all things being equal. We will see if they can put it together down the stretch. [/quote]

O'Leary can't get it done until she prove otherwise[/quote]

StonyBrook will not win because they are weak at the draw. They have a very good attack, besides that they are average, and will be exposed when they verse at team that is solid at all positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is a very good team and will be dangerous come tournament time. They play a challenging schedule and have proven that they can come from behind and win close games. Their goalie has been playing well. They have also proven that they can win even when they are out played in crucial aspects of the game (shots, ground balls etc..)

In the past three games, Towson, Princeton and Virginia all had more shots and more GB's yet The Hound's came out on top in each contest.

Georgetown, Syracuse and Navy still to come. I think Loyola is the type of team that can knock a top seed out of the tournament early. (I do not think they will one of the top six seeds).

Teams Like Loyola, Hopkins, Towson, Penn, Princeton, Navy USC even High Point can surprise come tournament time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the Notre Dame game? To lose is one thing but based on the score it was not very competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College beat them handily without one of the best in the country. Out drew them too, what does that say about the Gators?

O'Leary can't get it done until she prove otherwise[/quote]

StonyBrook will not win because they are weak at the draw. They have a very good attack, besides that they are average, and will be exposed when they verse at team that is solid at all positions.[/quote]

I "cut and paste" below and corrected the 2017 record...

-( Will history replete itself? Will Stony Brook once again bring a gaudy record into the tournament only to be knocked out before the Final Four?

2014: 16-3 going in. Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2015: 18-1 going in. Lost to Princeton in round of 16.

2016: 15-3 going in. Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2017: 18-1 going in. Lost to Maryland in round of 8.

2018: ??? )-

Stony Brook is a very good team. Their midfield is stronger than you give credit. I think their biggest weakness is their strength of schedule. They could go into the tournament with a perfect record but not played a team ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season. They should be well rested but they will not be battle tested. I think the NCAA will do their best to give Stony Brook the easiest path to the Final Four but there are a lot of teams who can surprise this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
StonyBrook will not win because they are weak at the draw. They have a very good attack, besides that they are average, and will be exposed when they verse at team that is solid at all positions.[/quote]

-( Will history replete itself? Will Stony Brook once again bring a gaudy record into the tournament only to be knocked out before the Final Four?

Stony Brook is a very good team. Their midfield is stronger than you give credit. I think their biggest weakness is their strength of schedule. They could go into the tournament with a perfect record but not played a team ranked in the top 10 at the end of the season. They should be well rested but they will not be battle tested. I think the NCAA will do their best to give Stony Brook the easiest path to the Final Four but there are a lot of teams who can surprise this year.

[/quote]
Elaborate on their midfield being strong please. The way I see it, Kennedy is very fast and if given the opportunity to run it up the field does very well. Other than that I don't think they have much. They are bad on the draw and don't ride well at all. That also is the weak point of their very good attack. Awful on the ride. For as great as K.O. is, she is relatively slow and gives very little effort on the ride. Their midfield play to me looks below average, certainly for the "#1" team in the land. Happy to see evidence presented to the contrary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the Notre Dame game? To lose is one thing but based on the score it was not very competitive.

ND is a mess right now. They are slow, the offense can't get it together and the defense... I don't even know what to say!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May not get better for ND any time soon. Lost their last 2 and their next five out of 6 are against VA, Syr, UNC, NW and Duke - yikes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND is a mess right now. They are slow, the offense can't get it together and the defense... I don't even know what to say!

Coaching Coaching Coaching. You need both talent and good coaching. It doesn't matter who is on the field , you need good coaching to be successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High Point is a deserving candidate for Top 20 with a "W" like that..they had close game with JMU (OT) and don't back away from playing strong non-conference teams---Duke, UNC (close game with them)...would think they may qualify for ranking...??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
StonyBrook will not win because they are weak at the draw. They have a very good attack, besides that they are average, and will be exposed when they verse at team that is solid at all positions.

[/quote]
Elaborate on their midfield being strong please. The way I see it, Kennedy is very fast and if given the opportunity to run it up the field does very well. Other than that I don't think they have much. They are bad on the draw and don't ride well at all. That also is the weak point of their very good attack. Awful on the ride. For as great as K.O. is, she is relatively slow and gives very little effort on the ride. Their midfield play to me looks below average, certainly for the "#1" team in the land. Happy to see evidence presented to the contrary.[/quote]

The whole circle is sub par. They can't win draws consistently, they will pay for this in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High Point is a deserving candidate for Top 20 with a "W" like that..they had close game with JMU (OT) and don't back away from playing strong non-conference teams---Duke, UNC (close game with them)...would think they may qualify for ranking...??

Yes, they should. Which is why playing a strong non-conference schedule is good for you. Tell me, why do some coaches shy away from tough non conference schedules? (Acacia Walker anyone??) Holy Cross, BU, San Diego St, Brown, Binghamton, Yale, Dartmouth ... Holy Cupcakes, Batman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching Coaching Coaching. You need both talent and good coaching. It doesn't matter who is on the field , you need good coaching to be successful.

Ok Daddy. Look, we get it. Your daughter decided to attend ND. You think she's amazing. She probably gets a lot of accolades. And you just don't understand how she could dominate mediocre to bad high school and club teams, and now can't do jack at the collegiate level (or maybe she isn't there yet and you think she'll be the savior?) Either way, the bottom line is, ND gets a collection of hyped players that for the most part aren't team players. Bad recruiting. Which then leads to a bunch of coach killers on the roster. Halfpenny doesn't stand a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any body hear that Gary Gait was going to coach the men at Syracuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Daddy. Look, we get it. Your daughter decided to attend ND. You think she's amazing. She probably gets a lot of accolades. And you just don't understand how she could dominate mediocre to bad high school and club teams, and now can't do jack at the collegiate level (or maybe she isn't there yet and you think she'll be the savior?) Either way, the bottom line is, ND gets a collection of hyped players that for the most part aren't team players. Bad recruiting. Which then leads to a bunch of coach killers on the roster. Halfpenny doesn't stand a chance.

Not the person that you are responding to but felt the need to chime in.

If you do not think coaching plays a major roll you simple have no clue. Coaching is as important as talent.

You sound like a complete J*&^ A$% who is bitter because your daughter did not receive any accolades or wasn't offered a spot at ND. ND has had plenty of talent over the years the coach is not very good at all.
And no, my daughter does not attend ND although she was recruited there and received an offer.

Not all coaches are created equal, some flat out S*&%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any body hear that Gary Gait was going to coach the men at Syracuse.

i heard he was going to coach at Hopkins next year. Petro is gone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, my daughter does not go to ND and no she is not coomited there either. Just a fact, you need both talent and good coaching in order to be successful.

You sound like one of the jealous, bitter , haters who troll this site.

Page 15 of 52 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard