Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 05:14 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 05:00 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:59 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:51 PM
Holdbacks
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 04:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,157
Posts341,833
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 283 of 643 1 2 281 282 283 284 285 642 643
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #259163 03/13/18 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
three inches, roads fine. I think they were worried about power failure again based on heavy snow on all the limbs then having to scramble to get the kids home... Lost day. stinks.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #259199 03/13/18 05:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
8th/9th graders on varsity is largely about the dad pounding his chest for the kid to be on Varsity and him asking to try out and be on the team and threatening to leave if he is not. 90% of the time. Dad's ego. Every now and then some holdback is that good and developed and actually belongs at that level. usually not. Go Dad's!

You're an stunad. I had a long talk with my coach about the fact that I didn't want my son to play Varsity as a 9th grader, and actually set my son's expectations to not be upset if he didn't make it. The coach agreed to not pull my son up if he wouldn't be able to contribute, and we both agreed that another year of JV would be good.

My son worked his but off, hit the gym 5 days a week, worked with the older starters and earned his way up. The coach said that he will play, although there is no guarantee, and the team needs him and his ability. So don't be bitter and take away what many of these young men have earned. I applaud any 8th and 9th grader who worked their way onto the varsity team this year.

Nice story, now tell the real one, not this nonsense

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259203 03/13/18 06:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th/9th graders on varsity is largely about the dad pounding his chest for the kid to be on Varsity and him asking to try out and be on the team and threatening to leave if he is not. 90% of the time. Dad's ego. Every now and then some holdback is that good and developed and actually belongs at that level. usually not. Go Dad's!

You're an stunad. I had a long talk with my coach about the fact that I didn't want my son to play Varsity as a 9th grader, and actually set my son's expectations to not be upset if he didn't make it. The coach agreed to not pull my son up if he wouldn't be able to contribute, and we both agreed that another year of JV would be good.

My son worked his but off, hit the gym 5 days a week, worked with the older starters and earned his way up. The coach said that he will play, although there is no guarantee, and the team needs him and his ability. So don't be bitter and take away what many of these young men have earned. I applaud any 8th and 9th grader who worked their way onto the varsity team this year.

If you have a both an 8th and 9th grade playing varsity, I have to ask, "what school your kids are in?". West Hempstead??!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259224 03/14/18 08:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have a both an 8th and 9th grade playing varsity, I have to ask, "what school your kids are in?". West Hempstead??!
That is a good one ....West Hempstead

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #259229 03/14/18 08:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I had a talk with the coach says it all"

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #259230 03/14/18 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gavone...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259235 03/14/18 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than possibly an academic or disciplinary matter there is NO REASON for parents to be speaking with high school coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259238 03/14/18 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no...not long talk with THE coach..he said........"I had long talk with MY coach"......again, says it all....helicopter parent...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259242 03/14/18 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 20 year olds at Deerfield. I was in my 3rd year of college @ 20.

How old is Tehoke Nanticoke who played at IMG Last year. The only thing I saw was that he was 20 last year. Take out all the PGs, pre-firsts, re-classes and the real HS Rankings are;

Darien (Conn.)
Victor (N.Y.)
Chaminade (N.Y.) (does have some Re-classes)
Ward Melville (N.Y.)
St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
Massapequa (N.Y.)
Delbarton (N.J.)
Torrey Pines (Calif.)
Conestoga (Pa.)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259243 03/14/18 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than possibly an academic or disciplinary matter there is NO REASON for parents to be speaking with high school coaches.

Aye, aye Captain!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #259250 03/14/18 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 20 year olds at Deerfield. I was in my 3rd year of college @ 20.

How old is Tehoke Nanticoke who played at IMG Last year. The only thing I saw was that he was 20 last year. Take out all the PGs, pre-firsts, re-classes and the real HS Rankings are;

Darien (Conn.)
Victor (N.Y.)
Chaminade (N.Y.) (does have some Re-classes)
Ward Melville (N.Y.)
St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)
Massapequa (N.Y.)
Delbarton (N.J.)
Torrey Pines (Calif.)
Conestoga (Pa.)

Tehoka Nantikoke will be 22 before he finishes his Freshman year of college, but fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259251 03/14/18 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aye, aye Captain!

Generally I agree that parents do not need to engage a coaches for other reasons than academic or disciplinary reasons. That said, if your son is serious about playing in college and is not an All-American or All-County then he will need some help and guidance from his parents in navigating the do's and don'ts as it relates to getting exposure to college coaches. It seems appropriate, if your son is on that path, to engage the coach since it is the proactive player (with help from parents) that will differentiate him from another player of equal caliber. Any disagreement here?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #259256 03/14/18 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aye, aye Captain!

Generally I agree that parents do not need to engage a coaches for other reasons than academic or disciplinary reasons. That said, if your son is serious about playing in college and is not an All-American or All-County then he will need some help and guidance from his parents in navigating the do's and don'ts as it relates to getting exposure to college coaches. It seems appropriate, if your son is on that path, to engage the coach since it is the proactive player (with help from parents) that will differentiate him from another player of equal caliber. Any disagreement here?

Leave the coaches alone nutbag

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #259258 03/14/18 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tehoke dob 1/18/97. Smh

Like Reply Quote