The LI Blue Chip Camp is Now Accepting Registration For Girl's in 7th-11th Grade - Limited Spots Available!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 06/17/18 11:58 PM
Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/17/18 11:29 PM
Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/17/18 11:14 PM
Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/17/18 11:05 PM
Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/17/18 10:35 PM
Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 06/17/18 10:03 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 06/17/18 09:05 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics1,458
Posts228,653
Members1,959
Most Online3,796
Oct 23rd, 2017
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 227 of 278 1 2 225 226 227 228 229 277 278
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258242
03/02/18 08:21 PM
03/02/18 08:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are two comments never ending from WM parents on these threads. Every time someone wants to make a list of relevant HS teams and leaves WM off, there is an instant rebuttal to include them. And they are a good team and should be in conversations of teams in contention. The other is the coach thing that comes up constantly. It seems pretty simple, stop lynching the coach and this goes away. But it seems every time WM comes up as a contender, it goes right to the coach discussion. Quit blaming the coach and deal with it. There is seriously only a small handful of great coaches spread thin through the high schools, believe me you are better off than most.

I completely agree. The WM parents need to wake up. You make the playoffs all the time. We never do, we get close but never get ourselves in and our daughters get the worst end of it.

Tell me this WM parents do your daughters get called out one by one and get ridiculed about all of their negative stats in front of the entire team? Has your daughter ever been told she can’t run midfield because she’s too fat? Does the WM coach call unplanned practices a half hour before they start and then punish the kids that don’t show up because they were working? Does she not let kids dress for games because they were at extra help the day before and came late? Does she “haze” the younger players because they have to “pay their dues”? We have gone to the AD and it has gone on deaf ears. We are fed up and we are sick of hearing about your so-called problems.

So unless your precious daughters are treated as ours are, stop complaining that they haven’t won a championship. YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I have seen the WM coach on multiple occasions and she seems very professional and above all else respectful .If she wants to come coach at my daughters school with the revolving door of coaches picking up a pay check we would gladly have her .

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258249
03/02/18 09:55 PM
03/02/18 09:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone explain why a private school (Christian Brothers Academy, for example) qualifies to play in the New York State PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL Athletic Association?

Because there is not enough private school competition close by. About the $.

I get that there is not enough private school competition nearby (must be how St. Anthony's and Sacred Heart feel on Long Island!).

In my opinion, CBA should be able to scrimmage public schools, but not vie for the public school state championship (which they have won multiple times).

Public schools and private schools are apples and oranges, particularly because private schools can recruit athletes and offer them scholarships.

What do you think?

Agreed. In Nassau A I see Port avenging the OT loss to Pequa this year and who do we see them playing to get to states?

No chance, won't even make the finals this year.

How come you don’t see Port making it to the finals this year?

syosset and mass, when did port become a quality team?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258267
03/03/18 09:32 AM
03/03/18 09:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you haven’t been paying attention Port has defeated Syosset in playoffs 2 straight years and has only lost to pequa to prevent county championships last year in ot. Yes they are quality. Graduated 3 D1 players and have 3 more left. Don’t comment if u don’t know.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258283
03/03/18 12:46 PM
03/03/18 12:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you haven’t been paying attention Port has defeated Syosset in playoffs 2 straight years and has only lost to pequa to prevent county championships last year in ot. Yes they are quality. Graduated 3 D1 players and have 3 more left. Don’t comment if u don’t know.

I don't know what i'm talking about, so i have a few questions for you. What was their record? !st yr in power conference? Did thy basically beat cupcakes? Did they lose to syosset during the yr? How many ots did it take for them to beat syosset in the semis? Where did the 3 D1 players go, top 5 programs? I'll be waiting on the answers, this way, i'll comment when i have them. thank you

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258286
03/03/18 02:23 PM
03/03/18 02:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Port has three D1 players left? What schools? They have one defender going to UNC but other than that there is nobody else left on that team playing D1 lacrosse. Did they have some kids transfer in this year? Please enlighten us - thank you

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258300
03/03/18 07:41 PM
03/03/18 07:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Port has three D1 players left? What schools? They have one defender going to UNC but other than that there is nobody else left on that team playing D1 lacrosse. Did they have some kids transfer in this year? Please enlighten us - thank you

Not same poster and unsure of this years team but Port frosh girls are at Penn state, ECU and Lehigh, I’m sure the younger players have some commits besides UNC.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258301
03/03/18 07:52 PM
03/03/18 07:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry One girl going to Brown on soccer scholarship who may play lax
one girl going to MIT and twins bout to commit to D1 so they you go wise guy

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258304
03/03/18 08:17 PM
03/03/18 08:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That should scare the heck out of Conf A...

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258319
03/04/18 12:54 AM
03/04/18 12:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]

Not same poster and unsure of this years team but Port frosh girls are at Penn state, ECU and Lehigh, I’m sure the younger players have some commits besides UNC. [/quote

Also one girl at Adelphi. You didn’t mention.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #258337
03/04/18 11:39 AM
03/04/18 11:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be tough for Port this year. My kid doesn't play in that division but having one D1 player a D3 player a D1 soccer player and two kids that may commit to some lower/mid level D1 school will definitely make for a challenging season in Conf A this year.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #258387
03/05/18 06:45 AM
03/05/18 06:45 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to all the girls trying out today

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #258407
03/05/18 11:02 AM
03/05/18 11:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes...and a healthy season to follow for all the girls playing.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #259158
03/13/18 11:47 AM
03/13/18 11:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are tryouts going for all the kids? Weather isnt helping!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #259173
03/13/18 01:32 PM
03/13/18 01:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are tryouts going for all the kids? Weather isnt helping!

Tryouts? tryouts are over, other than a handful of 8th/9th graders the teams were known before tryouts began

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #259187
03/13/18 03:25 PM
03/13/18 03:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

carle place is going to dominate. top 3 team on long island in any conference

Reply Quote