BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 85 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]

Most teams have holdbacks, the question is whether or not they are age-eligible for the WSYL. I think that all of the Bandit holdbacks have birthdays after 9/1 so they will be playing as currently constructed. I was told that S2S isn't even going to qualifier because their 2 best offensive players are already 14 (or turn 14 this month). Express has holdbacks, but not sure if they were born before 9/1. I guess this is all speculation anyway because we don't what kind of funny business teams will try to pull to circumvent the rules.

False rumor. Best kids aren't the two you mentioned. S2S parents don't want to go. Waste of money. Denver does nothing for your kid other than bankrupt parent.

I noticed that you confirmed that the team has 2 fourteen year old kids though. And they are the 2 best. Without them S2S is Empire.

According to the S2S website they are going to qualifier and must feel very confident because they also have Denver trip on calendar.

If I were running and event like this and a team qualified and then refused the invitation, that team would be denied future opportunities.

Lucky for us you are not running the event.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree, The WSYL is a huge Money Grab, and a complete waste of time. Each of the Previous three years of it's existence have resulted in the final four teams being from Long Island. I have heard that it's such a great experience for the kids etc. Although it may be a great experience, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to travel to Denver on the week of July 4th, to provide a Great experience for your son and his team. Several of the Organizations have taken trips to Maryland, North Carolina etc. to play out of state teams, visit college campuses, and watch college games. This folks, is a Great idea. The boys get to play against different teams, watch some great college lacrosse, and bond as a team, for a fraction of the price. The reality is, that it is a great marketing hammerhead for the Larger Organizations such as the Express, Igloo, 91 etc., if they win it, to further their recruiting efforts, by bragging about it on their websites. Winning or not winning this event will have zero affect on your sons future in the sport of Lacrosse. This event is designed to play to the ego of the parents, not the kids. Do you really think for a minute, that any of these boys would be crushed if their team decided not to participate? I have a son in the 2023 age group, as well as sons in older grades. Events such as the WSYL carry no weight with College Coaches, when they consider to recruit your son. Save your money, put it towards getting your son a tutor to raise their grades, have them volunteer their time to better their community, and become a better citizen. If they are a quality Lacrosse player, the College Coaches will find them. Put the thousands that you will spend on a trip to Denver, in their 529 College Savings Plan. Unless the Organizations on Long Island Collectively refuse the invitations to events like this, it will continue as intended, to fill the pockets of the Club Owners, the egos of the parents and nothing more. Buyer Beware...

Well said!

Why would you possibly care what other clubs/parents decide to do with their lives. If you do not like the WSYL, so be it, but don't come on here and say that it is a waste of time or a money grab. Some programs have decided that they want to participate in the event, the reason is irrelevant to you. Just because you think that some other trip or event is more worthwhile does not mean that every other option is meaningless Enjoy your trip to Maryland or North Carolina, I am sure that you and your family will have a great time, and it will be a great family/team bonding trip, that is awesome, but don't come on here and preach to everybody else that you know better. The fact that Long Island teams have won the last three years is also irrelevant to you, why should that be a reason to avoid the tournament. Long Island has some awesome lacrosse programs with a lot of history, but many programs across the county are starting to catch up, it's only a matter of time.And for what it's worth, despite your feelings, I bet your son would love to play in the WSYL, but that's my opinion, so you should not care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Most teams have holdbacks, the question is whether or not they are age-eligible for the WSYL. I think that all of the Bandit holdbacks have birthdays after 9/1 so they will be playing as currently constructed. I was told that S2S isn't even going to qualifier because their 2 best offensive players are already 14 (or turn 14 this month). Express has holdbacks, but not sure if they were born before 9/1. I guess this is all speculation anyway because we don't what kind of funny business teams will try to pull to circumvent the rules.

False rumor. Best kids aren't the two you mentioned. S2S parents don't want to go. Waste of money. Denver does nothing for your kid other than bankrupt parent.

I noticed that you confirmed that the team has 2 fourteen year old kids though. And they are the 2 best. Without them S2S is Empire.

According to the S2S website they are going to qualifier and must feel very confident because they also have Denver trip on calendar.

If I were running and event like this and a team qualified and then refused the invitation, that team would be denied future opportunities.

Lucky for us you are not running the event.

While extreme, I think that it is a fair statement. Why waste everybody's time going to the qualifier if you do not plan on going to the tournament, other than a pure ego trip to say that you beat one of the WSYL teams if you do...big deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While extreme, I think that it is a fair statement. Why waste everybody's time going to the qualifier if you do not plan on going to the tournament, other than a pure ego trip to say that you beat one of the WSYL teams if you do...big deal

Umm, isn't that the point? Play good competition.... Kinda of ironic to bring up ego when talking about going to Colorado to play LI teams, lol. Seems like someone wants a tshirt for the office

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, isn't that the point? Play good competition.... Kinda of ironic to bring up ego when talking about going to Colorado to play LI teams, lol. Seems like someone wants a tshirt for the office

There is plenty of good competition at other tournaments...why the WSYL qualifier,,,,unless you secretly want that t-shirt....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is plenty of good competition at other tournaments...why the WSYL qualifier,,,,unless you secretly want that t-shirt....

and if the competition is so great at the qualifier, isn't that equally true for Denver....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree, The WSYL is a huge Money Grab, and a complete waste of time. Each of the Previous three years of it's existence have resulted in the final four teams being from Long Island. I have heard that it's such a great experience for the kids etc. Although it may be a great experience, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to travel to Denver on the week of July 4th, to provide a Great experience for your son and his team. Several of the Organizations have taken trips to Maryland, North Carolina etc. to play out of state teams, visit college campuses, and watch college games. This folks, is a Great idea. The boys get to play against different teams, watch some great college lacrosse, and bond as a team, for a fraction of the price. The reality is, that it is a great marketing hammerhead for the Larger Organizations such as the Express, Igloo, 91 etc., if they win it, to further their recruiting efforts, by bragging about it on their websites. Winning or not winning this event will have zero affect on your sons future in the sport of Lacrosse. This event is designed to play to the ego of the parents, not the kids. Do you really think for a minute, that any of these boys would be crushed if their team decided not to participate? I have a son in the 2023 age group, as well as sons in older grades. Events such as the WSYL carry no weight with College Coaches, when they consider to recruit your son. Save your money, put it towards getting your son a tutor to raise their grades, have them volunteer their time to better their community, and become a better citizen. If they are a quality Lacrosse player, the College Coaches will find them. Put the thousands that you will spend on a trip to Denver, in their 529 College Savings Plan. Unless the Organizations on Long Island Collectively refuse the invitations to events like this, it will continue as intended, to fill the pockets of the Club Owners, the egos of the parents and nothing more. Buyer Beware...

Well said!

Why would you possibly care what other clubs/parents decide to do with their lives. If you do not like the WSYL, so be it, but don't come on here and say that it is a waste of time or a money grab. Some programs have decided that they want to participate in the event, the reason is irrelevant to you. Just because you think that some other trip or event is more worthwhile does not mean that every other option is meaningless Enjoy your trip to Maryland or North Carolina, I am sure that you and your family will have a great time, and it will be a great family/team bonding trip, that is awesome, but don't come on here and preach to everybody else that you know better. The fact that Long Island teams have won the last three years is also irrelevant to you, why should that be a reason to avoid the tournament. Long Island has some awesome lacrosse programs with a lot of history, but many programs across the county are starting to catch up, it's only a matter of time.And for what it's worth, despite your feelings, I bet your son would love to play in the WSYL, but that's my opinion, so you should not care.

Just caught this post... My son is going and I'm pissed that I have to lay out the money for this jerk o$$ event. I don't want him to be an outcast with his club, but come on! Rip off. The owner is the only one who actually gives a sh*% for his ego.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just caught this post... My son is going and I'm pissed that I have to lay out the money for this jerk o$$ event. I don't want him to be an outcast with his club, but come on! Rip off. The owner is the only one who actually gives a sh*% for his ego.

Go enjoy the mountain fresh air and grab yourself some legal rolled up green tea, it will ease the pain of your empty pockets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said!

Very confident. The qualifier hasn't happened yet so how do you know you are going??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and if the competition is so great at the qualifier, isn't that equally true for Denver....

These are right up there for the stupidest responses ever. The original question was why to go to the qualifier if you don't plan on going. Because you can play the same competition and not have to travel to Colorado. It is probably the best tournament on the island this year for this age group... If a team doesnt go just take the next place finisher with an asterisk. At least when they get spanked people know it because they made a donation.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said!

Very confident. The qualifier hasn't happened yet so how do you know you are going??

It was just someones opinion, calm down. I'm sure there are many parents on here that would agree, the event is a over blown complete waste of money. Likewise there are others that think the opposite. I'll say one thing, along with some parents walking the sidelines with their red cups in one hand, now in the other hand they will have their choice of weed rolled into a blunt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about Red cups. Empire going to Denver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about Red cups. Empire going to Denver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all bs pansy a** nonsense, you can debate until next spring about the value or lack thereof of the tournament, it only comes down to what your kid walks away with from being a part of it and not about bragging on a lax forum for the mentally challenged about your kids victory

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go enjoy the mountain fresh air and grab yourself some legal rolled up green tea, it will ease the pain of your empty pockets

I don't smoke, only my kid does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the 22/23s who made the NLC. Gonna be a tough team to beat...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok you go to WSYL does the club buck in anything for it , Hotel ? Airfare ? Maybe a party or dinner one night ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was it too cold in Delaware for the LI Express teams? Not a good showing - especially from the 23s. Looked like some trouble on the sidelines - team and parent sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because, as it was pointed out, when will you ever get Express, Team 91, S2S (maybe), Igloo, True Blue, Legacy, Outlaws, Recon and many other teams in the same tournament. Never!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are right up there for the stupidest responses ever. The original question was why to go to the qualifier if you don't plan on going. Because you can play the same competition and not have to travel to Colorado. It is probably the best tournament on the island this year for this age group... If a team doesnt go just take the next place finisher with an asterisk. At least when they get spanked people know it because they made a donation.

Finally. Someone gets the joke. The LI qualifier will be the best tournament on Long Island this year for the age group. The best teams may not even get to play one another head to head unless they make the finals in Denver but they will probably play each other at the qualifier. Oh ya, if the team is lucky enough to make it and chooses not to go then another team will take their spot and everyone moves on. There is no sanctioning body that will tell that team they cannot participate in other tournaments because they decided to forego traveling to Denver.

Best of luck to all the teams regardless of whether they make it or don't make it to Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said!

For the record, it was just my opinion. I am not professing to know what's best for everyone. You are free to do whatever you thinks is best for you and your son. Just one man's opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 23 LIE team in DE? Parents not happy with johnny’s playing time?? Is that team anygood?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 23 LIE team in DE? Parents not happy with johnny’s playing time?? Is that team anygood?

Here's what happened. Express beat a very good Crabs team , lost to a very good Hawks team & beat a weak NXT team. All the parents are happy & this is a good team. Hope that clears things up , now go stir the pot some where else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's what happened. Express beat a very good Crabs team , lost to a very good Hawks team & beat a weak NXT team. All the parents are happy & this is a good team. Hope that clears things up , now go stir the pot some where else.

Was that BM's old team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents are not happy at all and more importantly neither are the kids Same crap! Keep adding kids that do not pass the ball and the same ones get rewarded with more playing time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To add insult to injury, those new kids are not paying and the kids not playing are subsidizing it all. It’s a great system until parents get tired of Johnny watching the entire game from the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents are not happy at all and more importantly neither are the kids Same crap! Keep adding kids that do not pass the ball and the same ones get rewarded with more playing time

How do you know so much about what happened down there? Either you are one of the disgruntled parents or a friend of the disgruntled parent who told you something in confidence. Either way, swim in your lane and mind your own business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know so much about what happened down there? Either you are one of the disgruntled parents or a friend of the disgruntled parent who told you something in confidence. Either way, swim in your lane and mind your own business.

You should have kept BM. That was the good old days when the team was better than everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To add insult to injury, those new kids are not paying and the kids not playing are subsidizing it all. It’s a great system until parents get tired of Johnny watching the entire game from the sidelines.

You should probably find a new club, it doesn't sound like you are having much fun on this team. You are a parent of a kid on the team right? Otherwise you're a creepy pedophile like guy who knows a whole bunch of information about boys you don't know. So which are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the NLC????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, just leave out what happened on the sidelines???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can you admit that problems exist and THIS time they are going to get worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should probably find a new club, it doesn't sound like you are having much fun on this team. You are a parent of a kid on the team right? Otherwise you're a creepy pedophile like guy who knows a whole bunch of information about boys you don't know. So which are you?

Keep trying to deflect your teams problems, the ship is sinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like parents chasing a pipe dream, initiated by a coach who can careless about them. Consider doing what's best for your own family, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I see it happening often, coaches blowing smoke up parents jerks, parents become disgruntled and move from team to team. Hey, there is nothing wrong with the Express program, if parents are willing to pay to have their kids belong to a over maned team, so be it, no one put a gun your head. Remember, without our kids there is NO such thing as travel teams...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like parents chasing a pipe dream, initiated by a coach who can careless about them. Consider doing what's best for your own family, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I see it happening often, coaches blowing smoke up parents jerks, parents become disgruntled and move from team to team. Hey, there is nothing wrong with the Express program, if parents are willing to pay to have their kids belong to a over maned team, so be it, no one put a gun your head. Remember, without our kids there is NO such thing as travel teams...

My son moved to a couple of clubs over the years and finally found one where the coaching is great and the talent is very good. I never thought he'd be able to finally get on a club team that was very good at such a late date, but I'd advise all parents to keep searching for what your son needs and you'll eventually find the right fit. The only thing I didn't like about the experience was the $100 tryout fee per club. Good luck on the move away from Express. There are better alternatives!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the NLC????

National Lacrosse Classic, used to be called the Brine All American Classic. Maverick is the Sponsor now. Really a great program, this year will be in DE. Run by Ron Caputo, assistant Duke Coach. Evaluations are done by out of state coaches, so there is no conflict of interest. Different then Warrior debacle where JS and AJ called all the shots and made up 95% of the team from their players. The NLC is well worth looking into, it's a four day event, two days are training, clinics etc. and two days of games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, just leave out what happened on the sidelines???

What happened on the sidelines?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the NLC????

National Lacrosse Classic, used to be called the Brine All American Classic. Maverick is the Sponsor now. Really a great program, this year will be in DE. Run by Ron Caputo, assistant Duke Coach. Evaluations are done by out of state coaches, so there is no conflict of interest. Different then Warrior debacle where JS and AJ called all the shots and made up 95% of the team from their players. The NLC is well worth looking into, it's a four day event, two days are training, clinics etc. and two days of games.

I would agree that is why you don't see much chatter on here about the Warrior games. People know the tryouts were a donation to the express/9d1 fund so they have decided not to be suckered again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said!

For the record, it was just my opinion. I am not professing to know what's best for everyone. You are free to do whatever you thinks is best for you and your son. Just one man's opinion.

I think it sounds really fun. My son really wants his team to make. Money well spent? If it creates some good memories and the kids have fun I will be happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said!

I think it sounds really fun. My son really wants his team to make. Money well spent? If it creates some good memories and the kids have fun I will be happy.

Could not agree more, that is what it is all about. Basically, a great family vacation to Denver with a few lacrosse games thrown in.

Page 62 of 85 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard