BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 69 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
6 to 7 terps on team

a few from NJ teams as well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
turtles ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just received our invite for the 2017 Jake Reed. They are charging $495 for the pleasure of attending. Hopefully there will be some quality players down there to make it worth the expense. I am wondering if they limited it to 120 the way they said. It seems like almost everyone we knew that tried out made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 to 7 terps on team

Theres a shocker..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 to 7 terps on team

Theres a shocker..........

What is that supposed to imply?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many people are we taking about, are u a terp?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just received our invite for the 2017 Jake Reed. They are charging $495 for the pleasure of attending. Hopefully there will be some quality players down there to make it worth the expense. I am wondering if they limited it to 120 the way they said. It seems like almost everyone we knew that tried out made it.

Alright tough guy. I know your kid is so great and so is his team so everyone else must be inferior. Do you go to 3d? A lot of good kids, not just from L.I. Not everyone made Jake Reed including several Turtles and Terps. Have fun with your son for a weekend where he can meet some other good kids across the country and see good competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alright tough guy. I know your kid is so great and so is his team so everyone else must be inferior. Do you go to 3d? A lot of good kids, not just from L.I. Not everyone made Jake Reed including several Turtles and Terps. Have fun with your son for a weekend where he can meet some other good kids across the country and see good competition.

Ummm, the only way to get to Jake Reed as a 2017 was going to 3D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you feel this way why did you go down to Florida spend about 2k to bad mouth the tryout after your son made it. There are boys that did not make it would gladly take your sons place. Be happy with your sons accomplishments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are from LI, so we know a lot of LI players. fl$ has about 3 players invited, Turtles around 4, Terps 6 but they had well over 12 players in Fla, 3 players from 91 and i heard 2 from Trueblue. Thats all I know. BUT, I am aware of several being decline from above teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to the express website every turtle that went down there made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 turtles and 9 terps (i guess black) invited to nike blue chip. We didn't see it on express website but my son saw it on the tweeting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, so angry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow i was at the camp very surprised all Turtle middies make it. One did not play well according to is a hole father. Listening to him was like sitting next to Striker on air plane we all know how that went. also orher dad please stop saying even a broken watch is right twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes went to 3D, was a good experience. It was definitely a cost to go down there and try out. My son has many friends on all the major teams Turtles Terps 91 fl$ True Blue etc and it seemed like when comparing notes with them a high percentage made it. We are delighted with the opportunity, but it seemed rather odd that an event billed as a national tryout ends up taking a large percentage of kids from this area. When you add the numbers reported on this site and other notes, it seems as if at least 20 players from this area made it that I am aware of ,out of 120 so figuring in the ones I don't know probably 30 total. I am not saying our team or my kid is better or worse than anyone else. I was just surprised as I thought there were a lot of very strong players at the tryouts and didn't think it would be so biased toward our area. There were lots of strong kids from Philly and Maryland at the Mid Atlantic tryout and I figured they would take a lot of spaces(maybe they did for all I know)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6 turtles and 9 terps (i guess black) invited to nike blue chip. We didn't see it on express website but my son saw it on the tweeting.
nuff said. gotta be true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow i was at the camp very surprised all Turtle middies make it. One did not play well according to is a hole father. Listening to him was like sitting next to Striker on air plane we all know how that went. also orher dad please stop saying even a broken watch is right twice.

I reccomend removing the mittens before typing text. Also, a good "sober up" may help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were only two turtle middies there. Was it the tall skinny dad or the portly dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes went to 3D, was a good experience. It was definitely a cost to go down there and try out. My son has many friends on all the major teams Turtles Terps 91 fl$ True Blue etc and it seemed like when comparing notes with them a high percentage made it. We are delighted with the opportunity, but it seemed rather odd that an event billed as a national tryout ends up taking a large percentage of kids from this area. When you add the numbers reported on this site and other notes, it seems as if at least 20 players from this area made it that I am aware of ,out of 120 so figuring in the ones I don't know probably 30 total. I am not saying our team or my kid is better or worse than anyone else. I was just surprised as I thought there were a lot of very strong players at the tryouts and didn't think it would be so biased toward our area. There were lots of strong kids from Philly and Maryland at the Mid Atlantic tryout and I figured they would take a lot of spaces(maybe they did for all I know)

I agree with your comment completely. I hope they didn't push the number up past the advertised 120 kids selected. There were indeed a lot of good kids from other areas, and your number between what is estimated above from LI teams and the NJ teams I know seems about right. A high percentage from Mid Atlantic but maybe it was the strongest region, hard to tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the benefit for this area having so many kids selected for the Jake Reed is that there will likely be a couple of kids who know each other on each team. From past experience that is a usually a positive thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 to 7 terps on team

a few from NJ teams as well

It's a camp, not a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the benefit for this area having so many kids selected for the Jake Reed is that there will likely be a couple of kids who know each other on each team. From past experience that is a usually a positive thing.

Totally agree. We have friends that attended two non hotbed area 3D Blue Chip camps. I heard from these people whom are dedicated LI lacrosse parents whom told us that the non traditional area 3D tryouts were flooded with weak players. Main issue was stick skills. Mid Atlantic (PA, LI, MD, NJ) BY FAR the best talent which is no suprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids are put on teams at the camp. The coaches of each team at the camp are college coaches. It is luck of the draw who you are playing with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not tall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
glad to see a great bunch of kids from long island. a lot of hard work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems like the selections were spread around across quite a few teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the camp going to be broken up into teams like 3d?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think so. Probably 6 teams of 20. 2 go alies and 18 field players. July in Maryland means you need plenty of players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what 2017 teams in shamrock?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the facts (not speculation) about a kid(s) leaving the Turtles for other teams like Terps, etc. How many have officially left? Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one kid left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the facts (not speculation) about a kid(s) leaving the Turtles for other teams like Terps, etc. How many have officially left? Why?

Much better coaching and not dads. I heard 1 player left and possibly another to go to terps black express team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset Spartans

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One attack left for fl$. Why? Perhaps a certain coach from CSH with a Napolean complex.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only person qualified to answer that question is the kid and or the kids parents. Im sure he had his reasons......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know some of parents on turtles, they never played the game nor know anything about it.
But they all think they are experts, if dads are coaching wouldn't be surprised if more leave

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Know some of parents on turtles, they never played the game nor know anything about it.
But they all think they are experts, if dads are coaching wouldn't be surprised if more leave
1 Kid left for fl$ where his brother played HHHMMM maybe it would be easier on the parents. No must be the start of the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Kid left for fl$ where his brother played HHHMMM maybe it would be easier on the parents. No must be the start of the end.

Really? Thats why he left? HHHMMM..........
**Did the former turtle that is now a terp go to the team becuase of his "brother"? No.
**Did the former turtle who is now on 91 go their because of his "brother"? No.
**Did the latest turtle to bolt who is now a terp black leave because of his "brother" also? NO.

Who is the next to jump away from the turtle fun town?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

**Did the former turtle that is now a terp go to the team becuase of his "brother"? No.
**Did the latest turtle to bolt who is now a terp black leave because of his "brother" also? NO.

Maybe they werent invited to stay? some changes are not voluntary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they werent invited to stay? some changes are not voluntary.

maybe. lots of TURNOVER.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 69 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard