BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 52 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With 13 (did they go to 14 this year?) automatic qualifiers which teams will get an at large bid and who will be left out?

America East: Stony Brook

Atlantic Ten: UMass / Richmond?

ACC: Maryland (only kidding) BC / Virginia / UNC?

Atlantic Sun: Jacksonville

Big East: Florida

Big South: High Point

Big Ten: Maryland

Colonial: JMU / Towson?

Ivy: Penn / Princeton?

Metro: Fairfield

Northeast: Bryant

Pac 12: Southern Cal

Patriot: Navy / Loyola?

Southern: ??

At large:

Virginia
UNC
DUKE
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Northwestern
Hopkins
Penn State
James Madison / Towson?
Princeton / Penn? Maybe Dartmouth, Brown or Yale?
Stanford
Colorado
Navy / Loyola?

Any other teams have a chance?

Some good teams will be left out this year and getting to the final 8 will be tougher than usual.

Bold prediction that teams on that list that won't make it are: Duke, Penn St, Stanford, Princeton, Colorado

Bold prediction indeed. I knew Princeton and Duke were strong programs but I didn't realize how strong.

Duke has made the NCAA Tournament 19 times in the past 22 years.

Princeton has made the NCAA Tournament 23 times in the past 26 years.

I think they will both make it this year.

Just like one of the poster's said, name gets them in...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With 13 (did they go to 14 this year?) automatic qualifiers which teams will get an at large bid and who will be left out?

At large:

Virginia
UNC
DUKE
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Northwestern
Hopkins
Penn State
James Madison / Towson?
Stanford
Colorado
Navy / Loyola?

Some good teams will be left out this year and getting to the final 8 will be tougher than usual.

Bold prediction that teams on that list that won't make it are: Duke, Penn St, Stanford, Princeton, Colorado

All the teams you just mentioned are trending up the polls, except Penn State and Duke. Polls all had Penn State about #4 to start the year, that’s a big tumble if they don’t make the playoffs. At the rate they are going, they will likely fall of top 20 this week, just as Duke has done.

Polls have nothing to do with selection.

I'm betting Princeton and Duke get in. Either Colorado or Stanford but maybe not both.

Penn State will have a tough time. There schedule gets tougher as the season goes on.

What if Penn State wins those tough games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At large:

Virginia
UNC
DUKE
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Northwestern
Hopkins
Penn State
James Madison / Towson?
Stanford
Colorado
Navy / Loyola?

All the teams you just mentioned are trending up the polls, except Penn State and Duke. Polls all had Penn State about #4 to start the year, that’s a big tumble if they don’t make the playoffs. At the rate they are going, they will likely fall of top 20 this week, just as Duke has done.

Polls have nothing to do with selection.

I'm betting Princeton and Duke get in. Either Colorado or Stanford but maybe not both.

Penn State will have a tough time. There schedule gets tougher as the season goes on.

What if Penn State wins those tough games?

Something is amiss in Happy Valley. The Nittany Lions are 3-3 on the year and 6-6 in their last 12 going back to May of 17'. They were lucky to squeak by Princeton to get to the Final Four only to be blown out by Maryland 20 - 10. The Lions have been struggling.

They have a slight break with Rutgers, Albany and Drexel (no guarantees) before they run the gauntlet.

Princeton
Hopkins
Ohio State
Virginia
Northwestern
Maryland
Stony Brook
Michigan

Last four games take place over a two week stretch with two away games (Maryland & Stony Brook) . Depending on how things go even Michigan is no gimmie.

The good news is: Penn State has one of the toughest schedules around so they will have their chance to earn their way into the Tournament.

Not sure what their chances are.

Good Luck @WeAre...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At large:

Virginia
UNC
DUKE
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Northwestern
Hopkins
Penn State
James Madison / Towson?
Stanford
Colorado
Navy / Loyola?

Bold prediction indeed. I knew Princeton and Duke were strong programs but I didn't realize how strong.

And good names they are. That said, I am guessing that you are just another troll who has nothing positive to add to the discussion. As usual, just a one line jab in an attempt to diminish a player, town, team, parent, coach, university, program, recognition list, AA team etc...

I am also guessing that your daughter was not offered a spot at either school and that you believe that your daughter, her program / school deserves more recognition both athletically and academically than they get. I will also wager that you have come up with excuses as to why your daughter was not offered a spot at particular schools. In any event, both Duke and Princeton are great programs and excellent schools.

Princeton and Duke consistently play extremely difficult schedules and they are rewarded for their effort based on their results. Along with Teams like Virginia, Penn, Maryland, Penn State, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Florida, Loyola, and Notre Dame, Boston College; Duke and Princeton challenge themselves year in and year out. They are two of the top programs in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Bold prediction that teams on that list that won't make it are: Duke, Penn St, Stanford, Princeton, Colorado[/quote]

[/quote]

Just like one of the poster's said, name gets them in...[/quote]

And good names they are. That said, I am guessing that you are just another troll who has nothing positive to add to the discussion. As usual, just a one line jab in an attempt to diminish a player, town, team, parent, coach, university, program, recognition list, AA team etc...

I am also guessing that your daughter was not offered a spot at either school and that you believe that your daughter, her program / school deserves more recognition both athletically and academically than they get. I will also wager that you have come up with excuses as to why your daughter was not offered a spot at particular schools. In any event, both Duke and Princeton are great programs and excellent schools.

Princeton and Duke consistently play extremely difficult schedules and they are rewarded for their effort based on their results. Along with Teams like Virginia, Penn, Maryland, Penn State, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Florida, Loyola, and Notre Dame, Boston College; Duke and Princeton challenge themselves year in and year out. They are two of the top programs in the country.

[/quote]

Stanford continues to make their case for the NIT.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bold prediction that teams on that list that won't make it are: Duke, Penn St, Stanford, Princeton, Colorado[/quote]

Princeton has made the NCAA Tournament 23 times in the past 26years.

[/quote]

Just like one of the poster's said, name gets them in...[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another troll. We all get it, your kid was not offers a spot at Stanford. What we don't get is your obsession with The Cardinal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody who plays a tough schedule running the table this year. Exciting times for DI Women's Lacrosse. Tournament should be fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At large:

Virginia
UNC
DUKE
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Northwestern
Hopkins
Penn State
James Madison / Towson?
Stanford
Colorado
Navy / Loyola?

How r those bold predictions looking a day later?? Pretty good I'd say. Princeton gets pounded by Loyola. Stanford loses again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another troll. We all get it, your kid was not offers a spot at Stanford. What we don't get is your obsession with The Cardinal.

[/quote]
Who's "we all"? You're the same guy who keeps getting his fee fee's hurt when anyone says anything about Stanford's lacrosse team not being that great (spoiler alert: they're not, ok?) This is a forum to discuss college women's lacrosse. There are several teams that seem to keep getting mentioned on here as upper echelon teams that simply are not this year. Stanford is one of them. The post above is a pretty good list of them. Penn State's preseason ranking at #4 has proven to be a joke, as predicted. They will miss the ncaa's after being a final 4 team last year. Stanford will not be going to the NCAAs, just like last year. Duke looks to be in trouble for a bid as well. They will need a big win or two in their ACC schedule. Princeton is not a tournament team this year. Olivia Hompe was a big loss. So instead of whining, make your case. You insert Stanford into every post. Why don't you tell us, will they make the NCAAs? I agree with the poster above. They will not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]
Who's "we all"? You're the same guy who keeps getting his fee fee's hurt when anyone says anything about Stanford's lacrosse team not being that great (spoiler alert: they're not, ok?) This is a forum to discuss college women's lacrosse. There are several teams that seem to keep getting mentioned on here as upper echelon teams that simply are not this year. Stanford is one of them. The post above is a pretty good list of them. Penn State's preseason ranking at #4 has proven to be a joke, as predicted. They will miss the ncaa's after being a final 4 team last year. Stanford will not be going to the NCAAs, just like last year. Duke looks to be in trouble for a bid as well. They will need a big win or two in their ACC schedule. Princeton is not a tournament team this year. Olivia Hompe was a big loss. So instead of whining, make your case. You insert Stanford into every post. Why don't you tell us, will they make the NCAAs? I agree with the poster above. They will not.[/quote]

No affiliation with Stanford whatsoever and no, my feelings aren't hurt. I do not keep inserting them anywhere and I do not know much about them. You on the othe hand are the only one on here who obviously has a major issue with Stanford. Colorado is a decent team so no shame in yesterdays loss. Your obsession with bold predictions is also comical. Long season. I root for Florida but try not to post about the Gators. I do not hold animosity against any team.

Princeton, Duke, Loyola, Stanford and Colorado will all be just fine.
Oh, and by the way, if you knew anything you would know that although Hompe was a very good player she was not their key loss.

Why don't you tell us who you root for?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At large:

Virginia
UNC
DUKE
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Northwestern
Hopkins
Penn State
James Madison / Towson?
Stanford
Colorado
Navy / Loyola?

The forum wished you would have kept it to a one line post, you huge windbag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish Stony Brook played in the ACC, I wonder if they would have a perfect record or 100+ point scorers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one team in that group could give Stony Brook any trouble and that is BC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe if Stony Brook played a tough schedule we would not have to listen to all of the hype from people like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure which shows that you are a bigger stunad thinking BC is the best team in the ACC or thinking SB is going to win it all .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the ACC teams minus Louisville would give Stony Brook problems...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should ask a person that uses a word like "stunad" who the best team in the ACC is?
It's all a matter of opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At large:

Virginia
UNC
DUKE
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Georgetown
Northwestern
Hopkins
Penn State
James Madison / Towson?
Stanford
Colorado
Navy / Loyola?

The forum wished you would have kept it to a one line post, you huge windbag.

Actually, many on this forum would prefer it if the negative, bitter, jealous, hater trolls simply went away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame will take it all. Mark my words!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAHAHAHAHA!! Love the sarcasm. My favorite post of the year!

See, Windbag, a lot of us like the trolls!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone tired of seeing Maryland players throwing themselves to the ground to get a call

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the ACC teams minus Louisville would give Stony Brook problems...

I can't wait to see SB play Maryland ... oh wait, I mean I can't wait to see them play Syracuse... oh wait a minute, I mean I'm looking forward to the UNC ga... oh no I meant the Flori... BC??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone tired of seeing Maryland players throwing themselves to the ground to get a call

Absolutely ridiculous !! Syracuse is not very strong at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]
Who's "we all"? You're the same guy who keeps getting his fee fee's hurt when anyone says anything about Stanford's lacrosse team not being that great (spoiler alert: they're not, ok?) This is a forum to discuss college women's lacrosse. There are several teams that seem to keep getting mentioned on here as upper echelon teams that simply are not this year. Stanford is one of them. The post above is a pretty good list of them. Penn State's preseason ranking at #4 has proven to be a joke, as predicted. They will miss the ncaa's after being a final 4 team last year. Stanford will not be going to the NCAAs, just like last year. Duke looks to be in trouble for a bid as well. They will need a big win or two in their ACC schedule. Princeton is not a tournament team this year. Olivia Hompe was a big loss. So instead of whining, make your case. You insert Stanford into every post. Why don't you tell us, will they make the NCAAs? I agree with the poster above. They will not.[/quote]
Is there a more under achieving program than Notre Dame ? Wow another bad loss to an average VT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another bad loss today! Just don’t understand with all the players they get there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question for the little man who is proud of the fact that he is a Troll,

Which team is not average, underachieving, terrible and or not a tournament team in your mind?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another bad loss today! Just don’t understand with all the players they get there

The coach is not very going d but even worse is not a good judge of talent . Some coaches ie Spallina see great potential in players even when not a highly touted recruit and are also able to see the over hyped prospect for what they are .Some coaches ie Halfpenny buy into the hype and are unable to recognize true talent on their own .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach is not very going d but even worse is not a good judge of talent . Some coaches ie Spallina see great potential in players even when not a highly touted recruit and are also able to see the over hyped prospect for what they are .Some coaches ie Halfpenny buy into the hype and are unable to recognize true talent on their own .

With all the talent there is No excuse for her not winning

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question for the Windbag (not my creation but whoever named you that could not have done a better job!) ... Instead of never actually having an opinion and just bloviating (look it up), how about you put forth something useful, or stop posting. There are a lot of insightful posts on here, none of which happen to be yours. The fact that you are somehow personally offended when a poster (btw there have been many different ones on here) points out that certain teams (Stanford, ND, Penn St.) are not up to their usually level (in Stanford's case it is more that they have reverted back to what they used to be after having a couple of year's above their norm) is kinda sad. I know you are all for participation trophies, good for you. This is D1 lacrosse we're talking about. Grow up, Big Guy.

Now, as to some teams that are playing well this year ...

Stony Brook - offense amazing, need to figure out draw and get more consistent midfield play. Will need goalie to come up big in NCAAs if they r going to win it all.
Florida - Just need to prove they have the consistency to win 3 big games in a row.
JMU (big surprise and way to go)
Maryland, despite their loss to UNC, will be right in at the end again
If Syracuse could figure out their draw issues, they would have a shot
Penn looks to be playing very well
UNC needs to get better goalie play and solve their overall defensive issues if they want to win it all, but of course they've got a lot of talent
UVA has taken a step forward this year
Northwestern is an improved team from the last few years
And others

As to the teams that have taken a step, or in some cases two, backwards:

Penn St (You tell me, should they have been pre-season #4?)
ND (Where to begin? Aldave is great, but she can't do it alone.)
Stanford (Mediocre coaching and depth issues)
USC (The loss of MM to graduation was big)
Princeton (Despite your nonsense, the loss of Hompe 76 G 110 pts has been very big. They r having trouble scoring.)
Cornell (Senior heavy team last year)

So now, if you can bring something useful to the table, do so. Otherwise, STFU, Big Guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Halfpenny body language was terrible, she stopped trying to coach with 4 minutes left in the game, at least she was able to judge that they weren't wining the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse is in big trouble. Why isn't he using Levy more, she can score but on the bench a lot. Gaits daughter a turnover machine. good to see he uses the other 2 LI girls a lot. cuse goalie looked weak, 2nd cuse goalie looked like she never played the position. omg. what is going on Gary. look in the mirror , bench your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They FLOP in the 8 all the time.
Check out their goals on their stats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why come crunch time you never know. Halfpenny overmatched again, Gait hasn't won enough big games consistently even with his 50 player roster. Don't count UNC, Maryland and SB just based on big game coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, the "FLOP" is in every game. The problem with women's lacrosse is the subjectivity and the good acting only helps to sway calls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, the "FLOP" is in every game. The problem with women's lacrosse is the subjectivity and the good acting only helps to sway calls.

Stop whining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse is in big trouble. Why isn't he using Levy more, she can score but on the bench a lot. Gaits daughter a turnover machine. good to see he uses the other 2 LI girls a lot. cuse goalie looked weak, 2nd cuse goalie looked like she never played the position. omg. what is going on Gary. look in the mirror , bench your daughter.

Agreed that has to be tough kid is clearly not good enough and he keeps playing her. levy and a bunch of others not on the field as much as her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What player/players are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

number #8 and number #13 are very dirty on Syracuse. 8 is so dirty and goes for the cross check everytime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Notre Dame get the #1 recruit in the freshman class. They seem to get their fair share of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What player/players are you referring to?

Certainly not going to call out players who have not lived up to the hype machine coming out of high school .

Page 13 of 52 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard