BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the showcase events, elite 120 is the best then UA150 and northstar. Girls at this age should still focus on playing as much as possible against good competition and getting better. All of these allow this to happen

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we go back to the Under Armour 150? Deadline is this week. Is anyone GOING that went last year ? There are no camps that week that are running at the same time at schools my daughter is interested in so that is not an issue for us. Calibre of player is the issue.

If it is a matter of choosing between UA150 and Nike 120, and if she has an invite to Nike, go to that instead all day long. Try out for the UA US regional tournament team, that is 10x better than either 120 or 150.

The UA regional teams at that age? a waste of time...barely any coaches..and the NIke Elite ...there were 80+ coaches there when my first kid did it...2019...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we go back to the Under Armour 150? Deadline is this week. Is anyone GOING that went last year ? There are no camps that week that are running at the same time at schools my daughter is interested in so that is not an issue for us. Calibre of player is the issue.

If it is a matter of choosing between UA150 and Nike 120, and if she has an invite to Nike, go to that instead all day long. Try out for the UA US regional tournament team, that is 10x better than either 120 or 150.

The UA regional teams at that age? a waste of time...barely any coaches..and the NIke Elite ...there were 80+ coaches there when my first kid did it...2019...

OMG. Waste of time, if your daughter could put one thing and one thing only on her entire lacrosse resume, this waste of time event would trump all else. And it is not even close. And 95% of the kids that are selected to go are already committed, so not really a college coach recruiting event. Although with the 2021’s coming in this year, and the NCAA contact shutdown, this year may show different than usual. But you certainly showed how clueless you are....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nike 120 was empty of coaches last year, the owners of the tournament even apologized in the summary of the event e-mail they sent. UA Underclass was great last year, there were 10-15 coaches at most games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG. Waste of time, if your daughter could put one thing and one thing only on her entire lacrosse resume, this waste of time event would trump all else. And it is not even close. And 95% of the kids that are selected to go are already committed, so not really a college coach recruiting event. Although with the 2021’s coming in this year, and the NCAA contact shutdown, this year may show different than usual. But you certainly showed how clueless you are....

There was a time when Nike was super premier, UA 150 not so much. Today the coaches are doing their own thing. Your daughter has a much better chance of being seen at the coaches' camps. Every kid I know got into ua this year, most aren't going. The regional teams are not as good as they used to be for resume bec everyone, including coaches, know they are a political farce. Keep one thing in mind...all of these events were set up to make money first. Go to the camps at the schools she wants to go to.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was a time when Nike was super premier, UA 150 not so much. Today the coaches are doing their own thing. Your daughter has a much better chance of being seen at the coaches' camps. Every kid I know got into ua this year, most aren't going. The regional teams are not as good as they used to be for resume bec everyone, including coaches, know they are a political farce. Keep one thing in mind...all of these events were set up to make money first. Go to the camps at the schools she wants to go to.

I agree that these cattle call camps are a waste of money such as UA 150 and Max Exposure. The only money I am spending in the next 2 years are on the camps and clinics specifically run by the school and coaches she is interested in attending. Much more cost effective, fewer participants, and the coach knows you are interested in their school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spin it however you like, there is a selective nature to these things. Starting at the top 99.something% of the kids who would like to try out and make UA regional (espesically Dc, Md and LI teams) , won’t make it. 95% of the kids who would like to go to Nike120 are not on the invite list. 75% of the kids who would like to go to UA150 can’t. And so on....... 100% of the kids who want to go to a college camp or clinic can. When the college coaches run a camp or clinic they are looking at 2-5 kids, hoping they showed up among the masses. Not trying to offend anyone, but it is what it is........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spin it however you like, there is a selective nature to these things. Starting at the top 99.something% of the kids who would like to try out and make UA regional (espesically Dc, Md and LI teams) , won’t make it. 95% of the kids who would like to go to Nike120 are not on the invite list. 75% of the kids who would like to go to UA150 can’t. And so on....... 100% of the kids who want to go to a college camp or clinic can. When the college coaches run a camp or clinic they are looking at 2-5 kids, hoping they showed up among the masses. Not trying to offend anyone, but it is what it is........

Very selective?! There were girls from YJ C and D last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Nike and UA are sending out emails looking for girls. Most of the top talent isn't going this year after the debacle last year. Times have changed. There's no urgency for the college coaches to find these girls. The coaches will see them at the 4 or 5 major tournaments this summer. No reason to come spend 2 days midweek at St. Pauls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is receiving emails - club teams or individuals ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is receiving emails - club teams or individuals ?

Individuals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospect supreme has some great coaches and is being held the same day at ua150. A lot less money too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No its not. UA 150 is the 10th and 11th of July. Prospect supreme is the 12th. So it's perfect if you are there and want to do both for your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

There was a time when Nike was super premier, UA 150 not so much. Today the coaches are doing their own thing. Your daughter has a much better chance of being seen at the coaches' camps. Every kid I know got into ua this year, most aren't going. The regional teams are not as good as they used to be for resume bec everyone, including coaches, know they are a political farce. Keep one thing in mind...all of these events were set up to make money first. Go to the camps at the schools she wants to go to.[/quote]

Spin it however you like, there is a selective nature to these things. Starting at the top 99.something% of the kids who would like to try out and make UA regional (espesically Dc, Md and LI teams) , won’t make it. 95% of the kids who would like to go to Nike120 are not on the invite list. 75% of the kids who would like to go to UA150 can’t. And so on....... 100% of the kids who want to go to a college camp or clinic can. When the college coaches run a camp or clinic they are looking at 2-5 kids, hoping they showed up among the masses. Not trying to offend anyone, but it is what it is........[/quote]

[/quote]

YJ C would beat YJ B at this age so there must have been some talent there? Bert doesn't bring his team anywhere near C, just look at tryouts. He doesn't want to see what he already knows, but you know, F&F (and Mt Sinai and coaches daughters) plan in full effect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was a time when Nike was super premier, UA 150 not so much. Today the coaches are doing their own thing. Your daughter has a much better chance of being seen at the coaches' camps. Every kid I know got into ua this year, most aren't going. The regional teams are not as good as they used to be for resume bec everyone, including coaches, know they are a political farce. Keep one thing in mind...all of these events were set up to make money first. Go to the camps at the schools she wants to go to.[/quote]

Spin it however you like, there is a selective nature to these things. Starting at the top 99.something% of the kids who would like to try out and make UA regional (espesically Dc, Md and LI teams) , won’t make it. 95% of the kids who would like to go to Nike120 are not on the invite list. 75% of the kids who would like to go to UA150 can’t. And so on....... 100% of the kids who want to go to a college camp or clinic can. When the college coaches run a camp or clinic they are looking at 2-5 kids, hoping they showed up among the masses. Not trying to offend anyone, but it is what it is........[/quote]

[/quote]

YJ C would beat YJ B at this age so there must have been some talent there? Bert doesn't bring his team anywhere near C, just look at tryouts. He doesn't want to see what he already knows, but you know, F&F (and Mt Sinai and coaches daughters) plan in full effect.[/quote]

YJ C = Talent ... Wow, the delusion runs deep in this one, Obi Wan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

YJ C would beat YJ B at this age so there must have been some talent there? Bert doesn't bring his team anywhere near C, just look at tryouts. He doesn't want to see what he already knows, but you know, F&F (and Mt Sinai and coaches daughters) plan in full effect.[/quote]

You do realize that YJ B and C teams are both terrible. Playing a little loose with the term "talent".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You do realize that YJ B and C teams are both terrible. Playing a little loose with the term "talent".[/quote]

And where exactly did these 2021 YJ B and C players attend? Certainly were not at AU regionals, none at Nike. Maybe UA150???? which shows you where that event stands.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

YJ C = Talent ... Wow, the delusion runs deep in this one, Obi Wan. [/quote]

Nike120 and UA150 both had YJ C. Why would you play for a club you have so much despise for? If your C daughter is good, let her play for another club. YJ C isn't going to get you into college so unless you're in it for fun move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were also girls at UA150 from M&D BLACK and YJ BLUE and SKYWALKERS - the rosters are online and you can see for yourself. Maybe there were others but the rosters were very blended and the level of play quite high. Do what works best for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You do realize that YJ B and C teams are both terrible. Playing a little loose with the term "talent".

YJ have become a one team per age group club, only their A team is solid. They used to be a deep club not the case anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ have become a one team per age group club, only their A team is solid. They used to be a deep club not the case anymore.

All clubs have. There was a time that M&D Red and Skywakers White were very good teams and a majority of those girls played D1 lacrosse. This isn't the case anymore. There are certainly places for those girls to play in college but the days of clubs with multiple top teams are over. Too many options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm, the "C" and "D" teams you mock are 50% TG girls that came over from Black and Purple, with some Legacy and 91 girls thrown in. So yea, they are both very good teams that only one or two teams from LI could beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm, the "C" and "D" teams you mock are 50% TG girls that came over from Black and Purple, with some Legacy and 91 girls thrown in. So yea, they are both very good teams that only one or two teams from LI could beat.[/quote]

Let's be honest, YJ "A" would destroy them, just like they would any other LI team. YJ "A" is on a whole different level. I think "C" would give Liberty a pretty good game, but Liberty probably beats them. Other than that, YJ "C" beats every other LI team, including YJ "B" and both TGs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm, the "C" and "D" teams you mock are 50% TG girls that came over from Black and Purple, with some Legacy and 91 girls thrown in. So yea, they are both very good teams that only one or two teams from LI could beat.[/quote]

Let's be honest, YJ "A" would destroy them, just like they would any other LI team. YJ "A" is on a whole different level. I think "C" would give Liberty a pretty good game, but Liberty probably beats them. Other than that, YJ "C" beats every other LI team, including YJ "B" and both TGs.

Didn't Liberty beat YJ A last summer? Didn't TG and YJ A play in the Nationals in a close game? I guess using your math YJ C would give YJ A a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Liberty beat YJ A last summer? Didn't TG and YJ A play in the Nationals in a close game? I guess using your math YJ C would give YJ A a good game.
[/quote]

This entire debate is just silly. YJA is a solid team with a collection of talented girls. They are by no means lights out better than TG or Liberty. When YJA has the ball they typically will score. No way would anyone on LIberty A or TG black consider taking a spot on YJB or C. There is no comparison and the gap between A and B/C is huge and typically starts with the athletism of the players. There’s some dillusional C team parent that keeps stirring things up and bashing the B team. My guess he’s sorry he walked away from TG and probably burnt a few bridges. At this age, being on the C team is what it is and just enjoy the time with your daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And none of the teams can beat M&D or Skywalkers. You guys should stay on the island and save your money. Play against each other so you can figure out who the best LI team is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This entire debate is just silly. YJA is a solid team with a collection of talented girls. They are by no means lights out better than TG or Liberty. When YJA has the ball they typically will score. No way would anyone on LIberty A or TG black consider taking a spot on YJB or C. There is no comparison and the gap between A and B/C is huge and typically starts with the athletism of the players. There’s some dillusional C team parent that keeps stirring things up and bashing the B team. My guess he’s sorry he walked away from TG and probably burnt a few bridges. At this age, being on the C team is what it is and just enjoy the time with your daughter
[/quote]

Where does Legacy fall in this conversation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where does Legacy fall in this conversation?[/quote]

Probably up there with Igloo, Elevate, Beach Bums, Express, Wave and the other 20 or so programs. Full disclosure never saw them play though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where does Legacy fall in this conversation?[/quote]
Solid 3-4 new players joined this team this year. Likely to fall in somewhere between TG a and b (can't beat a, probably beat b), and YJ A and C (Couldn't beat A, but would match up with B and C).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

YJ A............Go to goal.........or....value the ball!!!! Please stop with your rose colored evaluations. Nobody cares. And by this time you should realize that if your good your good. Doesn't matter which team you play on. Must be your first kid through the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ A............Go to goal.........or....value the ball!!!! Please stop with your rose colored evaluations. Nobody cares. And by this time you should realize that if your good your good. Doesn't matter which team you play on. Must be your first kid through the process. [/quote]

No rose colored evaluations and no YJ chest thumping in the above post but you do seem to have some pent-up hostility towards this program? Theres lots of great great talent out there and sometimes it’s better to be a big fish in a small pound then a small fish in a big pond. At the end of the day everybody has choices and if you’re happy great if not look for other options. I have seen many top kids from other programs come to YJ end up riding the bench and vice versa .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ A............Go to goal.........or....value the ball!!!! Please stop with your rose colored evaluations. Nobody cares. And by this time you should realize that if your good your good. Doesn't matter which team you play on. Must be your first kid through the process.

No rose colored evaluations and no YJ chest thumping in the above post but you do seem to have some pent-up hostility towards this program? Theres lots of great great talent out there and sometimes it’s better to be a big fish in a small pound then a small fish in a big pond. At the end of the day everybody has choices and if you’re happy great if not look for other options. I have seen many top kids from other programs come to YJ end up riding the bench and vice versa .
[/quote]

There is no way YJ C will beat liberty or TG A teams. But we will never know because YJC plays in the bottom brackets while liberty and TG play in the top. So you go on being a big fish in your little pond playing in front of no one. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

YJ A............Go to goal.........or....value the ball!!!! Please stop with your rose colored evaluations. Nobody cares. And by this time you should realize that if your good your good. Doesn't matter which team you play on. Must be your first kid through the process. [/quote]

[/quote]

There is no way YJ C will beat liberty or TG A teams. But we will never know because YJC plays in the bottom brackets while liberty and TG play in the top. So you go on being a big fish in your little pond playing in front of no one. Good luck. [/quote]

We left TG Black and were "placed on" YJ C. At first we were pissed, but to be honest, YJ C has girls that can play. Comparable to what we had at TG. You are right about one thing, we don't play in the top bracket and only had one or two coaches check us out this Fall. That's fine, these girls aren't going to get recruited by Maryland, Hopkins, etc. They'll get recruited in another year or two by mid to lower D1 or a D3 school that has a good lacrosse program with EXCELLENT academics. And that's what it's all about. So go ahead and keep beating your chest to all the guys at work about the coaches on the sidelines, while the cutthroat and competition eats at every parent (there's a reason you look at those sidelines and see all the parents spread out, you can't sit too close to people if all you do is criticize the other players). We'll enjoy watching our girls play good lacrosse while we talk about which Green Turlte to have the team dinner at, the one we all look forward to. To each his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls play on teams together and against each other. Most are friends. Some will play together/against each other in college. Unfortunately some parents cant sit back and enjoy all the positives these young women have gained through their participation on these club teams. We all know who the knuckleheads are because they act on the sidelines the same as they post on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

There is no way YJ C will beat liberty or TG A teams. But we will never know because YJC plays in the bottom brackets while liberty and TG play in the top. So you go on being a big fish in your little pond playing in front of no one. Good luck. [/quote]

We left TG Black and were "placed on" YJ C. At first we were pissed, but to be honest, YJ C has girls that can play. Comparable to what we had at TG. You are right about one thing, we don't play in the top bracket and only had one or two coaches check us out this Fall. That's fine, these girls aren't going to get recruited by Maryland, Hopkins, etc. They'll get recruited in another year or two by mid to lower D1 or a D3 school that has a good lacrosse program with EXCELLENT academics. And that's what it's all about. So go ahead and keep beating your chest to all the guys at work about the coaches on the sidelines, while the cutthroat and competition eats at every parent (there's a reason you look at those sidelines and see all the parents spread out, you can't sit too close to people if all you do is criticize the other players). We'll enjoy watching our girls play good lacrosse while we talk about which Green Turlte to have the team dinner at, the one we all look forward to. To each his own.[/quote]

Correct, girls that can play. They can catch and throw ok and have so-so stick skills. They will play low level D1 or D3 lax, nothing wrong with that.They do not belong on B and aren't beating any legit A team. You sound logical and happy in the above post, but then why does the C team people on here go on complaining about how they belong on B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

We left TG Black and were "placed on" YJ C. At first we were pissed, but to be honest, YJ C has girls that can play. Comparable to what we had at TG. You are right about one thing, we don't play in the top bracket and only had one or two coaches check us out this Fall. That's fine, these girls aren't going to get recruited by Maryland, Hopkins, etc. They'll get recruited in another year or two by mid to lower D1 or a D3 school that has a good lacrosse program with EXCELLENT academics. And that's what it's all about. So go ahead and keep beating your chest to all the guys at work about the coaches on the sidelines, while the cutthroat and competition eats at every parent (there's a reason you look at those sidelines and see all the parents spread out, you can't sit too close to people if all you do is criticize the other players). We'll enjoy watching our girls play good lacrosse while we talk about which Green Turlte to have the team dinner at, the one we all look forward to. To each his own.

Ouch. You can sugar coat anyway you want but leaving any A team for a C team is terrible for exposure. No way is YJ C comparable to TG black but to each his own. Enjoy Green Turtle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All clubs have. There was a time that M&D Red and Skywakers White were very good teams and a majority of those girls played D1 lacrosse. This isn't the case anymore. There are certainly places for those girls to play in college but the days of clubs with multiple top teams are over. Too many options.

You are sadly mistaken about "those girls played D1 lacrosse." Skywalkers 2017 White has quite a large number of D1 players. It is a fact that SW 2019 White has 12 D1 verbally committed players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are sadly mistaken about "those girls played D1 lacrosse." Skywalkers 2017 White has quite a large number of D1 players. It is a fact that SW 2019 White has 12 D1 verbally committed players.

Ok. There are almost 120 D1 women's lacrosse teams. How about I clarify that "a lot of those girls played high level D1 lacrosse".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would go with "high level academic schools who play D1 lacrosse." Recent SW White teams have girls committed to Army West Point, Dartmouth, William and Mary in addition to some excellent D3 schools including National Champion Gettysburg. Perhaps, some of these girls have different expectations when it comes to their college lacrosse careers and completely satisfied not committing to a "high level D1 lacrosse team."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would go with "high level academic schools who play D1 lacrosse." Recent SW White teams have girls committed to Army West Point, Dartmouth, William and Mary in addition to some excellent D3 schools including National Champion Gettysburg. Perhaps, some of these girls have different expectations when it comes to their college lacrosse careers and completely satisfied not committing to a "high level D1 lacrosse team."

I totally agree, but that wasn't the point. The point was that the top club B teams are not as competitive as they once were due to the abundance of other options. I doubt that you want to argue that SW 2019 White can compete with the top clubs. Not long ago, SW White, M&D Red, YJ Gold, Heros White, etc could all compete and in many cases beat other very good teams. This just isn't the case anymore.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard