BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 52 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NU with a solid win over USC. I still say USC is among the over-ranked.

And a solid loss to a bad Duke team...I still say NU among the over-ranked.

Easy to say that but give us your top 5 NW w Fredricks back is very very good She’s a difference maker at the draw

First 5 no particular order:
SB
UNC
Maryland
Syracuse
Florida

Next 5 same:
Northwestern
BC
Virginia
JMU
Penn

A NU fan but think these are pretty close, except I would flip Syracuse and BC

Until BC plays somebody decent, they get no love. To say they were finalists last year doesn't cut it. Kent isn't playing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NU put up a good fight but were outmatched today at home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy to say that but give us your top 5 NW w Fredricks back is very very good She’s a difference maker at the draw

SB
UNC
Maryland
Syracuse
Florida

Next 5 same:
Northwestern
BC
Virginia
JMU
Penn

After this weekend, here is how the polls will read Monday... (in order)

1 SBU
2 BC
3 FL
4 UNC
5 MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC is dropping like a stone. They’re just not that good anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC is a ‘has been’

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC is dropping like a stone. They’re just not that good anymore.

Hey beat Maryland last week. Lolol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB
UNC
Maryland
Syracuse
Florida

Next 5 same:
Northwestern
BC
Virginia
JMU
Penn

After this weekend, here is how the polls will read Monday... (in order)

1 SBU
2 BC
3 FL
4 UNC
5 MD

6. Syracuse
7. JMU
8. Northwestern
9. Penn
10. Virginia

But Northwestern will be out of the top 10. Shouldn't be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poor offensive execution but I wouldn't say overmatched. Stick check changes game from 10-9 to 11-8 w 10 to play. That makes it more like a 14-11 game. And Northwestern dominated time of possession. They need to play better on offense, but outmatched is a bit of an overstatement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's take a good look at SB schedule. NH. Lowell. Hartford. Really? QU beat up on Hartford. It's a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland isn’t that good either anymore.
Stony Brook number 1 as they should be.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why should they be number one? Haven’t beat Md FL or UNC recently , who have they beat to be # 1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why should they be number one? Haven’t beat Md FL or UNC recently , who have they beat to be # 1?

Exactly!!!! And they don't play any of them 🤔

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's take a good look at SB schedule. NH. Lowell. Hartford. Really? QU beat up on Hartford. It's a joke

To be fair they don't have a choice it's their conference teams don't choose that . Plus rankings should be based on where you started and what you have done so far. Unc hurts your argument loss to JMu and smacked around by Florida even a close game with high point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]NU with a solid win over USC. I still say USC is among the over-ranked.

SB
UNC
Maryland
Syracuse
Florida

Next 5 same:
Northwestern
BC
Virginia
JMU
Penn
[/quote

Until BC plays somebody decent, they get no love. To say they were finalists last year doesn't cut it. Kent isn't playing.

BC does not have a very strong out of conference schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poor offensive execution but I wouldn't say overmatched. Stick check changes game from 10-9 to 11-8 w 10 to play. That makes it more like a 14-11 game. And Northwestern dominated time of possession. They need to play better on offense, but outmatched is a bit of an overstatement.

Yes, the illegal stick she used all game in the draw circle. Good point. I don't think it would have made much of a difference but you've got to wonder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the illegal stick she used all game in the draw circle. Good point. I don't think it would have made much of a difference but you've got to
wonder.

I think she uses a draw stick and switches it out on offense .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Georgetown is much improved which is great to see looking forward to seeing some Acc action today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t see the game so curious how the stick check against NU gave SB a goal (from 10 to 11)? And who’s to say she would have scored without it being illegal? Tough to argue that getting caught cheating cost them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a good thing for Maryland and UNC they don’t have to play Stony Brook or they would each have one more loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a good thing for Maryland and UNC they don’t have to play Stony Brook or they would each have one more loss.

Don’t feed the trolls but i do agree. Neither seems to be in sync currently Florida and SB seem top but people it’s barely March!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t feed the trolls but i do agree. Neither seems to be in sync currently Florida and SB seem top but people it’s barely March!!

Thats all well and good in the beginning of march, lets wait and see how this ends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol Florida bArely could beat Loyola

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia Syracuse game is a good one!
I picked Virginia

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t see the game so curious how the stick check against NU gave SB a goal (from 10 to 11)? And who’s to say she would have scored without it being illegal? Tough to argue that getting caught cheating cost them.

To be clear. LI folks now think using illegal sticks is cheating. Good to know. I usually hear them saying "everyone does it, it's a bogus call".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol Florida bArely could beat Loyola

And lost to Maryland. Of course the thing to notice hear is... Florida has played UNC and Maryland out of conference, UNC has played Maryland out of conference and JMU,NU, Florida on schedule ... NU schedules Stony Brook, UNC, Syracuse, ND, USC, Penn out of conference ... A lot easier playing one or two tough teams weeks apart. Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse Virginia was a great one today. Syracuse Fell short! very physical game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse Virginia was a great one today. Syracuse Fell short! very physical game

Syracuse was very physical. Helmets starting to have unintended consequences already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Entertaining game ,but both teams were more sloppy than I would have thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neck and neck whole game. Cuse goalie off second half

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse was very physical. Helmets starting to have unintended consequences already?

They have maybe 3 players wearing helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At one point they had 6 on the field at the same time with helmets and at least 6 more on the sidelines. Watch the game before you post on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a lot more than three, maybe thirteen.

Gary is changing the game and it is not for the good. Something needs to be done about the blatant cross checks to the back and heads.

Glad the Cuse fans haven't changed either, they sounded as bad as they did in College Park a couple of years ago.

Va wasn't innocent but Syracuse is always this bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have more like 8 [players wearing helmets, I said it before 'cause will never win because of the hectic, undisciplined style of play, but for the record, with a 60 seconds left UVA's goalie has the ball behind the crease, when the 'cuse attacker gets within 5 yards of her she dumps the ball in the crease, that i a goal circle violation and the ball should have been given to the 'cuse attacker on the dot with the goalie 3 meters behind, this is the rule as it is written and has not been changed
Section 18. Once a team gains possession of the ball in the goal circle and the ball is cleared the team must not return the ball to their goal circle until the ball has been played by another player.
NOTE: The Goalkeeper (or her deputy) gains possession of the ball in the goal circle and passes or carries it out of the goal circle with her crosse. It has been "cleared." To be “played”, the ball must leave her crosse and be touched by another player or her crosse must be checked by an opponent.

As usual in woman Lacrosse the refs don't know the rules and blew a major call that would have almost certainly have resulted in a game tying goal. the goal circle rules take up only 2 pages of the rule book and these morons can't get a simple call correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At one point they had 6 on the field at the same time with helmets and at least 6 more on the sidelines. Watch the game before you post on here.

Watch the game. I'm at the games. Two offensive and one defensive player had helmets on today. Two others wore prior due to concussions. Defender who got nailed in the head with a ball today probably wishes she had one on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have more like 8 [players wearing helmets, I said it before 'cause will never win because of the hectic, undisciplined style of play, but for the record, with a 60 seconds left UVA's goalie has the ball behind the crease, when the 'cuse attacker gets within 5 yards of her she dumps the ball in the crease, that i a goal circle violation and the ball should have been given to the 'cuse attacker on the dot with the goalie 3 meters behind, this is the rule as it is written and has not been changed
Section 18. Once a team gains possession of the ball in the goal circle and the ball is cleared the team must not return the ball to their goal circle until the ball has been played by another player.
NOTE: The Goalkeeper (or her deputy) gains possession of the ball in the goal circle and passes or carries it out of the goal circle with her crosse. It has been "cleared." To be “played”, the ball must leave her crosse and be touched by another player or her crosse must be checked by an opponent.

As usual in woman Lacrosse the refs don't know the rules and blew a major call that would have almost certainly have resulted in a game tying goal. the goal circle rules take up only 2 pages of the rule book and these morons can't get a simple call correct

Very true. But where was Gait? I didn't him screaming about it during the play. Not that he should have to but ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The buzz is that Syracuse is being paid handsomely to wear the helmets from Cascade. Them acting the way they do is mere coincidence

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Draw controls NU 18-9. So it would stand to reason that if goal stands, NU has a 66.666% chance of getting possession. So at the very least, SB does not score 15 seconds later and there is a decent chance score is 10-10 by end of sequence. So yeah, it was a two goal swing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neck and neck whole game. Cuse goalie off second half

Virginia goalie did everything she could to keep Syracuse in the game! Two saves the entire game? She couldn't stop a beachball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The buzz is that Syracuse is being paid handsomely to wear the helmets from Cascade. Them acting the way they do is mere coincidence
. Acting the way they do? It was an aggressive game on both sides. Maybe two overly aggressive fouls caused by Cuse. And some good dramatics by va. I thought it was a great game. No blow out and until the last minutes was anyone's game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3-5-18

Interesting year, Who will be there at the end? Final 8? Final 4? Championship?

1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Virginia
5 - Florida
6 - North Carolina
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Syracuse
10 - Penn
11 - Towson
12 - Princeton