BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 10:37 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 09:35 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 09:10 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 08:49 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 08:47 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 06:55 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 06:18 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,807
Posts256,841
Members2,138
Most Online6,944
Oct 16th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #257774
02/26/18 07:45 PM
02/26/18 07:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



If Stonybrook doesn't beat Hofstra tomorrow, looks like the coach will be fired, JS moving in? Girls are done after this year, win or lose. Maybe he'll bring in his 91 posse and turn that embarrassing program around?

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #257902
02/27/18 10:05 PM
02/27/18 10:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Stonybrook doesn't beat Hofstra tomorrow, looks like the coach will be fired, JS moving in? Girls are done after this year, win or lose. Maybe he'll bring in his 91 posse and turn that embarrassing program around?


Wow! It’s seems as if Stonybrook has just given up. Very sad! No energy whatsoever. What’s going on there?

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #257915
02/27/18 11:05 PM
02/27/18 11:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Stonybrook doesn't beat Hofstra tomorrow, looks like the coach will be fired, JS moving in? Girls are done after this year, win or lose. Maybe he'll bring in his 91 posse and turn that embarrassing program around?


Wow! It’s seems as if Stonybrook has just given up. Very sad! No energy whatsoever. What’s going on there?


Nagle has got nothing left. He's done. He probably knows it. The AD at SB want's wins and Nagle can't deliver. He should retire and save himself the embarrassment.

My money says Spallina cuts a deal to run both the mens and womens programs. If anyone could make that work, he'd be the one. Director of Lacrosse.

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #257934
02/28/18 09:20 AM
02/28/18 09:20 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



What about junior college?? Go Nassau!!!!

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258122
03/01/18 04:23 PM
03/01/18 04:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
G
ggovel Offline
Back of THE CAGE
ggovel  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
G

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
ATTN: UAlbany Alumni

50th Anniversary of UAlbany Lacrosse Celebration
April 20-21, 2018

Albany hosts Binghamton and more!!! For more info or to register: UAlbany 50th

Sponsored Links
Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258270
03/03/18 09:59 AM
03/03/18 09:59 AM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 18
L
Laxers412 Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Laxers412  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 18
First, Stony Brook would never hire JS to be the coach of the Men's team on top of the great job that he has been doing as the Women's HC. Between recruiting, watching game film, writing scouting reports and the fact that the seasons overlap among so many other crazy things that take up a lot of the coaches time. You may often see a Division 3 Coach and you will also find a couple Division 2 coaches, coach 2 sports but keep in mind that D3 is usually not year round which allows a coach to help coach two sports such as Dawn Anselim at Mercy College and Blair Ingraham at Wesleyan just to name a few.

Ggovel - I will have to tell my buddy Jordan Levine and some others

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Laxers412] #258345
03/04/18 01:33 PM
03/04/18 01:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Laxers412
First, Stony Brook would never hire JS to be the coach of the Men's team on top of the great job that he has been doing as the Women's HC. Between recruiting, watching game film, writing scouting reports and the fact that the seasons overlap among so many other crazy things that take up a lot of the coaches time. You may often see a Division 3 Coach and you will also find a couple Division 2 coaches, coach 2 sports but keep in mind that D3 is usually not year round which allows a coach to help coach two sports such as Dawn Anselim at Mercy College and Blair Ingraham at Wesleyan just to name a few.

Ggovel - I will have to tell my buddy Jordan Levine and some others


"D3 not usually year round" Only in the NESCAC. Every other top D3 mens' program has two fall ball competitions, many practices, captains practices and a 4-5 days a week conditioning and lifting program on top of that. Many teams also play box as well. Not sure when you last checked in on high level D3 but the commitment is nearly as high as the average D1 program. Big difference is kids do not get preferential treatment for selecting classes and DO NOT get the free unlimited tutoring that D1 kids get. So in many ways, one could make the point that D3 is harder to manage than D!, far less support.

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258487
03/05/18 08:40 PM
03/05/18 08:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of hearing these lacrosse commentators drool over certain players. Hard to listen to. I was watching this Denver game, and all I heard about was Trevor Baptiste this, Trevor Baptiste that. Yet he only went 60% against a mediocre opponent, and was lucky to do that. The other day watching the Hopkins game, I almost had to turn off the volume the way these guys were acting as some of these players were the best thing in college lacrosse after scoring 1 goal. Please stop!

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #258531
03/06/18 01:22 PM
03/06/18 01:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Its just you.....
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of hearing these lacrosse commentators drool over certain players. Hard to listen to. I was watching this Denver game, and all I heard about was Trevor Baptiste this, Trevor Baptiste that. Yet he only went 60% against a mediocre opponent, and was lucky to do that. The other day watching the Hopkins game, I almost had to turn off the volume the way these guys were acting as some of these players were the best thing in college lacrosse after scoring 1 goal. Please stop!

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258576
03/06/18 10:14 PM
03/06/18 10:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



West Islip Graf's doing well Mainstay UVA. Manhattan goalie must have 25 saves.
4-4 going towards 4th qtr

Sponsored Links
Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258577
03/06/18 10:19 PM
03/06/18 10:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



May have spoken too soon 6-4 UVA

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258584
03/06/18 10:53 PM
03/06/18 10:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Great game in da Bronx. 8-5 UVA. 18 Saves by Manhattan goalie.

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258612
03/07/18 09:42 AM
03/07/18 09:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Villanova fell apart against Brown, they got lucky a few times this season... not that good.

Albany looked great, much better than last week.

Penn also rebounded nicely against a weak looking Navy.

Cornell pummeled Binghamton. What happened to ZBing, they looked good last year but completely fell apart this year. They may even be worse than Stonybrook.

Penn State looks better than the did earlier this season.

I’m looking forward to Maryland vs Albany this weekend. Will be very interesting to see a few of the matchups

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TM@BOTC] #258632
03/07/18 01:45 PM
03/07/18 01:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



will there be a battle at Beth[page this year?

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #258656
03/07/18 03:55 PM
03/07/18 03:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great game in da Bronx. 8-5 UVA. 18 Saves by Manhattan goalie.


It was a great game - Manhattan hung w/ UVA pretty much even through 3Qs. Their GK stood on his head to help make that happen. Both Ds were pretty stingy all night, but UVA closed down everything in the fourth and Manhattan didn't do anything on the man up. But, not bad against #8! Manhattan's program looks to be on the rise.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1