BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 52 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stony brook finishes 1st in polls if they beat NU. Then they get deeded 5th in ncaa because of strength of schedule. then they lose in the 2nd/3rd round to a top 10 team that played 8 teams in the top 10 during season. then there 2 super star 100 goal seniors leave. then there coach leaves. then they don't finish in the top 2o next year. just saying, its very possible.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Division I Womens Lacrosse 2-26-2018

Rank Institution Points FPV Record Last Week
1 Stony Brook 618 21 3-0 2
2 Maryland 578 2 2-1 1
3 North Carolina 543 1 3-1 7
4 Florida 541 0 2-1 3
5 Syracuse 537 1 3-0 4
6 Boston College 535 0 5-0 5
7 James Madison 479 0 4-0 8
8 Northwestern 389 0 4-1 15
9 Virginia 383 0 3-0 16
10 Towson 380 0 2-0 11
11 Navy (USNA) 365 0 3-0 10
12 Southern California 362 0 2-2 6
13 Penn State 331 0 3-1 12
14 Princeton 311 0 1-1 9
15 Penn 310 0 2-0 14
16 Duke 259 0 3-1 13
17 Notre Dame 204 0 3-2 18
18 Cornell 202 0 1-1 17
19 Virginia Tech 182 0 3-2 25
20 Johns Hopkins 125 0 3-1 22
21 Denver 123 0 3-1 21
22 Colorado 111 0 2-2 20
23 Loyola (MD) 107 0 0-2 23
24 Massachusetts 43 0 1-2 19
25 Stanford 38 0 1-2 24

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Divison II Womens Lacrosse 2-26-2018

RANK SCHOOL POINTS RECORD PREVIOUS
1 Florida Southern (23) 623 2-0 2
2 Adelphi 585 1-1 1
3 Lindenwood (2) 579 4-0 3
4 Le Moyne 558 1-0 4
5 LIU Post 520 1-0 5
6 Florida Tech 509 3-0 6
7 New Haven 454 0-0 8
8 East Stroudsburg 402 0-0 10
9 Queens University (NC) 393 1-2 7
10 Limestone 383 2-1 13
11 Mercy 364 2-0 12
12 Regis (CO) 341 1-1 9
13 New York Tech 293 0-0 14
14 Rollins 291 3-2 11
T-15 Indianapolis 254 3-1 24
T-15 West Chester 254 1-0 16
17 Mercyhurst 228 0-1 15
18 Indiana (PA) 165 0-0 19
19 Pace 154 1-0 18
20 Stonehill 150 1-0 17
21 McKendree 132 0-0 20
22 Grand Valley State 119 0-0 21
23 Tampa 116 2-2 NR
24 Colorado Mesa 99 2-0 22
25 Lock Haven 48 1-0 23

Last edited by baldbear; .
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Divison III Womens Lacrosse 2-26-2018

RANK SCHOOL POINTS RECORD PREVIOUS
1 Gettysburg 622 2-0 1
2 TCNJ 595 1-0 2
3 Trinity (CT) 548 0-0 4
4 Middlebury 530 0-0 5
5 William Smith 491 0-0 6
T-6 Salisbury 464 2-0 9
T-6 York (PA) 464 1-0 8
8 Washington and Lee 422 1-2 3
9 Colby 408 0-0 10
10 Franklin & Marshall 400 1-1 7
T-11 Ithaca 375 1-0 11
T-11 Mary Washington 375 3-0 17
13 Hamilton 342 0-0 12
14 SUNY Brockport 266 0-0 15
15 Catholic 260 0-1 14
16 Messiah 237 0-1 13
17 SUNY Cortland 222 0-0 16
18 St. John Fisher 214 0-0 18
19 Tufts 166 0-0 19
20 Wesleyan (CT) 153 0-0 20
21 St. Mary's (MD) 130 2-0 NR
22 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 99 2-1 22
23 Bowdoin 88 0-0 23
24 Colorado College 55 0-1 21
25 Denison 53 1-0 24

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
stony brook finishes 1st in polls if they beat NU. Then they get deeded 5th in ncaa because of strength of schedule. then they lose in the 2nd/3rd round to a top 10 team that played 8 teams in the top 10 during season. then there 2 super star 100 goal seniors leave. then there coach leaves. then they don't finish in the top 2o next year. just saying, its very possible.

I read right here on BOTC that Spallina has a new job lined up so it must be true.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they win out during the regular season they will be seeded in the top four and the NCAA will try to give them the easiest path to the championship, The NCAA wants fans in the seats. Over the years the NCAA has done some pretty bad things come selection time both with bids and seeding (especially on the mens side). That said, Stony Brook will probably be deserving of a top 4 spot. There schedule is not too difficult but they have a handful of decent teams this year(USC, Northwestern, Towson, Penn State, Hopkins). Anything more than one loss and they should not get a top 4 seed. When I look at the top 15 or so teams I don't see many going undefeated,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I have seen..That SB team is very good. They move the ball very fast and with precision. I give them a very good shot at winning it all. And I am not from LI! That is a special group of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love them, hate them, over rated under rated the transformation that has taken place there with Spallina is nothing short of incredible. There was a time that program was losing to Binghamton etc. I do not think they will win the entire thing but i also hope for them to be on final 4 because that type of excitement will help the sport them being a smaller conference school. Regardless this year is going to be fun UNC loses to JMU then beats Maryland. Maryland squeaks by Florida who is nearly picked off by an ok Loyola team. Duke beats northwestern but loses to VT. Who was dismantled by USC USC was beat soundly by SB and NW While handling ND. Fun stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS did not throw the ball away or drop it. HU goalie had a tough game, she is much better than that. Is #25 HU coaches sister.

It's her wife, they were married over the summer and reside on LI with their two Boston terriers

That's not nice...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they win out during the regular season they will be seeded in the top four and the NCAA will try to give them the easiest path to the championship, The NCAA wants fans in the seats. Over the years the NCAA has done some pretty bad things come selection time both with bids and seeding (especially on the mens side). That said, Stony Brook will probably be deserving of a top 4 spot. There schedule is not too difficult but they have a handful of decent teams this year(USC, Northwestern, Towson, Penn State, Hopkins). Anything more than one loss and they should not get a top 4 seed. When I look at the top 15 or so teams I don't see many going undefeated,

Interesting theory on fans in the seats and you might be right but don't forget that JS doesn't have many friends in the lacrosse establishment. Will be interesting to see it unfold

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there ever been a NYS college team in any sport ranked #1?... i cant think of one in the last 20 years..
for two SUNY Schools to have number 1 lacrosse programs is very special, and should not be glossed over.
if either of them are lucky enough to win a championship it will be the stuff of Legend..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I"ll answer my own question..Syracuse has won more than a few National championships in mens Lax..
But its still impressive what happening this season..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I"ll answer my own question..Syracuse has won more than a few National championships in mens Lax..

I believe he meant a state school as in SUNY not a school in the state of NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares, its week 3....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I read right here on BOTC that Spallina has a new job lined up so it must be true.

I don't see Spallina going anywhere. SBU has great facilities and is a great Academic Value. He's now coaching with the Yellow Jackets so he will have a pipeline of great players for the next 10 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see Spallina going anywhere. SBU has great facilities and is a great Academic Value. He's now coaching with the Yellow Jackets so he will have a pipeline of great players for the next 10 years.

money talks, BS walks.. double your salary, are you kidding me. would you leave the job you love, for double your salary. come-on-man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB is going to be the X factor come NCAA championships as you really will not know how good they are playing such a weak schedule. As far as Spallina he is not going anywhere, you would have to more than double his salary for him to break even if he were to leave the area and as far as taking over the mens program why would the AD want that headache .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because he wins everywhere that's why. And I have never heard a whisper of recruiting violations. He is a rule bender ON the field but he runs a clean program off and he wins that's all AD's want

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gardner Webb Update - they won a game and lost another to East Carolina in OT. Watch out!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because he wins everywhere that's why. And I have never heard a whisper of recruiting violations. He is a rule bender ON the field but he runs a clean program off and he wins that's all AD's want

I have, during his camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares, they are done after this year...lucky to be top 30 in two years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's a rule bender on and off the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares, they are done after this year...lucky to be top 30 in two years

I can say this was said before and i was guilty few years ago i said on these boards “once the transfers graduate they are done”. agreed they will take a step back but that guy develops players and that goes a long way something that doesn’t happen at many other places. Every year my daughters school a fringe top 10 team gets tons of great recruits and Nothing happens It’s actually sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing how some Coaches at some top schools manage to ruin top recruits abilities

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe he meant a state school as in SUNY not a school in the state of NY.

Since he said he is answering his own question, I think he is the he you are talking about - and therefore did mean any NYS school. Syracuse basketball has spent a fair amount of time ranked #1 too - granted, only once at the end of the year.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Has there ever been a NYS college team in any sport ranked #1?... i cant think of one in the last 20 years..
for two SUNY Schools to have number 1 lacrosse programs is very special, and should not be glossed over.
if either of them are lucky enough to win a championship it will be the stuff of Legend..

Syracuse Mens basketball several times.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I'd like to jump in on this comment. "a rule bender on the field" means exactly what? Is he violating any NCAA rules per the stated guidelines? Or is he pushing the interpretation of a rule to favor his team (as all good coaches at every level of sport do).

I'd like to know what rule (or rules) he is bending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sam Apuzzo wow... everyone says Ohlmiller has POTY wrapped up but look at Apuzzo. Puts up a ton of points in the ACC and has middie like stats in terms of draws,GBS and CTs. She is such a complete player, today she was face guarded and still put up 10 points. Apuzzo and Kent will be unstoppable together, if the rumor about Kent is true, watch out for BC next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sam Apuzzo most complete player this year. big 2 at SB Ohmiller, murphy can not compete with her. come-on-man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sam Apuzzo wow... everyone says Ohlmiller has POTY wrapped up but look at Apuzzo. Puts up a ton of points in the ACC and has middie like stats in terms of draws,GBS and CTs. She is such a complete player, today she was face guarded and still put up 10 points. Apuzzo and Kent will be unstoppable together, if the rumor about Kent is true, watch out for BC next year.

100%. I love watching her play. She makes it look easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Acacia has done an amazing job with that team. Look who's coming next year, Weeks twins and Medijid, stellar recruiting class. Although im surprised that Abbey Ngai has not been in net, she is dominate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is great. Lets see how BC does against a real top 15 team. Haven't played one yet, despite Navy's silly current ranking. 1 goal win over Michigan at home??? If Kent doesn't play they r not a top 10 team by end of year. Next year you are right, if kent plays they will be a final 4 contender again. Despite their highly overrated coach, btw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

I'd like to jump in on this comment. "a rule bender on the field" means exactly what? Is he violating any NCAA rules per the stated guidelines? Or is he pushing the interpretation of a rule to favor his team (as all good coaches at every level of sport do).

Easy Coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is great. Lets see how BC does against a real top 15 team. Haven't played one yet, despite Navy's silly current ranking. 1 goal win over Michigan at home??? If Kent doesn't play they r not a top 10 team by end of year. Next year you are right, if kent plays they will be a final 4 contender again. Despite their highly overrated coach, btw.

Usc will beat them next week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree w this completely

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear

Easy Coach.

Ha ha. Not a coach. I just want to know what rules he is "bending".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Acacia has done an amazing job with that team. Look who's coming next year, Weeks twins and Medijid, stellar recruiting class. Although im surprised that Abbey Ngai has not been in net, she is dominate.

Acacia is a barely passable coach. She is a good recruiter. Kinda like a used car saleswoman. Her assistants do the actual coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Acacia is a barely passable coach. She is a good recruiter. Kinda like a used car saleswoman. Her assistants do the actual coaching.

ND is interesting situation year after top recruit after top recruit followed by mediocrity. How long can a school stay the course

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sam Apuzzo wow... everyone says Ohlmiller has POTY wrapped up but look at Apuzzo. Puts up a ton of points in the ACC and has middie like stats in terms of draws,GBS and CTs. She is such a complete player, today she was face guarded and still put up 10 points. Apuzzo and Kent will be unstoppable together, if the rumor about Kent is true, watch out for BC next year.

Usc will beat them next week

USC will have to score more than 5 goals to beat BC. Only 5 goals scored vs Northwestern not a good offensive performance.

Page 7 of 52 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard