BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 52 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Northwestrn at Duke

Two teams trying to get back to where they were.

Northwestrn 14 Duke 11

Check that. Fredericks out. Duke freshman attacker is outstanding.

Both teams look fast and athletic. Duke underrated.

Duke looks better but early.

North outstanding. Fredericks in and that game goes to NU. Both those teams are ranked too low. That was a game between two top 10 teams, not 11 and 19. That's why these preseason polls r so bad. Now NU will drop from where there are despite being a top 10 team. Duke will move up, but not nearly as high as they should.

Penn State should be ranked below Duke and NU for example. Will it happen, doubt it.

Is Duke now overrated after today’s loss? Let them play 10 games or so before stating your official rankings.

Ahhhh. You can't understand anything until it's already done and you have perfect information. Gotcha. Most occupations and most athletic endeavors require predicting what will happen ahead of time with uncertain information. I guess you don't have a very interesting occupation and likely have very little insight into athlete LI letic endeavors. Shame.

Northwestrn at Duke

Two teams trying to get back to where they were.

Northwestrn 14 Duke 11

Check that. Fredericks out. Duke freshman attacker is outstanding.

Both teams look fast and athletic. Duke underrated.

Duke looks better but early.

North outstanding. Fredericks in and that game goes to NU. Both those teams are ranked too low. That was a game between two top 10 teams, not 11 and 19. That's why these preseason polls r so bad. Now NU will drop from where there are despite being a top 10 team. Duke will move up, but not nearly as high as they should.

Penn State should be ranked below Duke and NU for example. Will it happen, doubt it.

Is Duke now overrated after today’s loss? Let them play 10 games or so before stating your official rankings.

Ahhhh. You can't understand anything until it's already done and you have perfect information. Gotcha. Most occupations and most athletic endeavors require predicting what will happen ahead of time with uncertain information. I guess you don't have a very interesting occupation and likely have very little insight into athletic endeavors. Shame.

So when the preseason poll compiles their rankings ahead of time with uncertain information you rip them to shreds but when you do it after a couple of games it was brillant forecasting? Re-read your initial bashing of the poll again and maybe you will see you are doing the exact same thing you criticized the poll for doing. After a couple of games you were still wrong.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say at the start of the season Duke , PSU over rated while JMU and UVA under rated . I also think BC is way overrated at this point .In the end would it surprise anyone if UNC, MD, Fl, SB are the last 4 standing .

Would not be a surprise since all were rated top 5 in preseason poll. Lets get bold. Which other team or two will be in final four? Which of those four will not?

In: Northwestern and UVA

Out: SB and Florida

And before the snide remarks start flying about those not being bold, I believe NU is ranked 13th? and UVA 16th? For women's lax to have teams ranked that low make it to the final four is rare. Navy did it last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all of the UNC Freshman are starting to come alive!

Please, no offense to liberty but it was 15-1 at the half so lets not get too excited. Watched the second half and saw some of those Freshmen playing the old high school game , head down run to goal. Will also say I get its college but do you need the best player on the field doing the same thing even after she has scored 5 goals and the team is up by 17, the Tewaaraton committee hopefully realizes there is a difference doing it because your team needs you to and doing it at the expense of making your team better.[/quote]

I noticed that some of the UNC freshman didn't even play - injured or recruited too early and aren't cutting it? I wonder?
[/quote]

How about those UNC Freshman again from Long Island taking on MD! Good to see the red shirt Freshman goalie and Ortega taking on MD and winning!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the body of work that will matter come tournament time, not one win or loss. Seeding is going to be a major factor this year as the field of competitive teams is a little deeper than previous years. Getting to the final eight will be tough and getting to the final four will be very difficult. There are definitely several teams that will be outside the top four seeds that can knock off one of the four seeds. In no particular order these teams have a legit shot at the final eight and made even the final four.

UNC
Maryland
Boston College
Northwestern
Maryland
Florida
Virginia
USC
Syracuse
Penn
JMU
Princeton
Duke
Stony Brook
Penn State

Notre Dame? Towson? Virginia Tech? Hopkins? Anyone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually all four of the starting freshmen had a great day some big goals, ground balls and crucial draw controls. Unc played great team ball offense to defense despite crazy amount of fouls . Some times sloppy but definitely gritty!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is SB's year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB absolutely smokes #20 Denver today. Illustrates again how quick the talent drops off in women's lacrosse. SB moves the ball quick and often. Denver had trouble catching and throwing against SB's aggressive defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the UNC Maryland game, would you still take those two teams to win it all or the field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I the only one angry that if you go to ESPN.com you can get Rugby and Cricket threads but not Lacrosse. Do they even know Lacrosse is a sport

They are left wing globalists. You should know that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS did not throw the ball away or drop it. HU goalie had a tough game, she is much better than that. Is #25 HU coaches sister.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually all four of the starting freshmen had a great day some big goals, ground balls and crucial draw controls. Unc played great team ball offense to defense despite crazy amount of fouls . Some times sloppy but definitely gritty!

UNC defense was poor in first half particularly. Maryland’s defense is also suspect this year. I’m going to go out on a limb and say this is the year neither wins the whole enchilada. Defense wins championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

Navy??? Why 8??? JMU 3??? Silliness. SB needs to beat a top team first. USC is not a top team. Lets see how they do against Maryland, UNC, Syracuse, Florida etc. Oh, you say they don't play any of them? Guess they will be a paper tiger until later into the NCAAs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take unc , MD vs the field . Stony Brook plays easily the weakest schedule of any team who has a legit shot . The best team they play is USC and that team has been exposed as being anemic on offense .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

Navy??? Why 8??? JMU 3??? Silliness. SB needs to beat a top team first. USC is not a top team. Lets see how they do against Maryland, UNC, Syracuse, Florida etc. Oh, you say they don't play any of them? Guess they will be a paper tiger until later into the NCAAs.

Right now JMU is very deserving of #3. Maybe they should be #1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

What do you mean right now? Are they the number 3 team in the country or not? They either are, meaning they are a favorite to be in the final 4 or not. I say they are not. They shouldn't be #1 or #3. They are about 10th. Very good. Not top 3. Place your bet now. Are they a top 3 team when all games are played? Will they make the final 4? Answer now. Not after the games are played. What's your knowledge of the game say?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

JMU caught UNC sleeping. Not a top 10 team, plays a week schedule. If truly top 10 will give MD a good game in a month, if #1 the will beat them. But honestly will probably lose to Pen State in 10 days. I'll give stony #1 even though they haven't really played anyone, be more confident if they blow out NU on the 3rd, they do look good and made the west coast look silly. 'cuse is the master of choke, and plays a hectic undisciplined game and will never beat SB, UNC, or MD. To say UNC and MD are 6 & 7th best is silly. BC is good, I'd say 5th right now but we'll see what they do between now and 3/7 after Navy and USC. Anyone who doesn't say MD, UNC, and Stony aren't the top 3 didn't wtch them play this weekend, best lacrosse in the country, the UNC MD game was a fantastic display of top talent, and like I said Stony made the best the west has to offer look like rank amateurs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

What do you mean right now? Are they the number 3 team in the country or not? They either are, meaning they are a favorite to be in the final 4 or not. I say they are not. They shouldn't be #1 or #3. They are about 10th. Very good. Not top 3. Place your bet now. Are they a top 3 team when all games are played? Will they make the final 4? Answer now. Not after the games are played. What's your knowledge of the game say?

Rankings are not predictions, they are a way to put teams in perspective based on actual results. As the season progresses and teams develop a body of work rankings become more meaningful. JMU is undefeated and they beat UNC. As of right now they have the best body of work and should be ranked #1. In your world I guess we should just pick four teams and have them compete in a playoff. No, check that why don't we just declare the champion based on your opinion and knowledge of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show SB some love, they just trounced a ranked team. Is SB that good or Denver that bad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

Rankings are not predictions, they are a way to put teams in perspective based on actual results. As the season progresses and teams develop a body of work rankings become more meaningful. JMU is undefeated and they beat UNC. As of right now they have the best body of work and should be ranked #1. In your world I guess we should just pick four teams and have them compete in a playoff. No, check that why don't we just declare the champion based on your opinion and knowledge of the game.

So do you think they are one of the three best teams in the country? Or THE best?? Answer, don't deflect. If you think they are, my bet is you will be proven wrong. I wouldn't give you a dime of money to invest or a dime to start a business. I wouldn't hire you to run a business or to teach my children. Your mind seems to be to rigid and limited. It needs to be force fed. You will need to know what has happened before you will make decisions. With perfect information, there is no opportunity. It's already priced in. Take a stab. Is JMU the best team in the country? Come on. You can do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show SB some love, they just trounced a ranked team. Is SB that good or Denver that bad?

Really won’t know how good SB is until the tournament as they play an easy schedule . If playing a difficult schedule prepares you for the championship tournament then SB will be unprepared .Who will be the best team SB faces this year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

Is this a JMU. [ChillLaxin] response. Barely beat High Point, so good luck there. Just like most other teams. Tons of parody this year people. Get used to it. Loyola outplayed Florida today and basically anybody in the top 30 can beat anyone on any given day. Just a fact. Unfortunately SB is probably the best right now but they are too cocky and full of floppers to root too hard for them even as a LIer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Nav
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

Is this a JMU. [ChillLaxin] response. Barely beat High Point, so good luck
there. Just like most other teams. Tons of parody this year people. Get used to it. Loyola outplayed Florida today and basically anybody in the top 30 can beat anyone on any given day. Just a fact. Unfortunately SB is probably the best right now but they are too cocky and full of floppers to root too hard for them even as a LIer.

No, not a fact. Maybe anyone in the Top 15-20 can beat anyone on a given day but even 16 - 20 is pushing it. Until a program like Cornell beats Carolina or New Hampshire Beats Northwestern or Marist beats Maryland I will stick with the Top 10-15 programs. Maybe the top 20 programs . A win here or a loss there doesn't matter, what matters is where the team ends up at the end of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Stony Brook
2 - Boston College
3 - JMU
4 - Syracuse
5 - Virginia
6 - UNC
7 - Maryland
8 - Navy
9 - Florida
10 - Penn
11 - Northwestern
12 - Princeton
13 - Duke
14 - Towson
15 - USC
16 - Virginia Tech
17 - Penn State
18 - Hopkins
19 - Loyola
20 - Colorado

JMU caught UNC sleeping. Not a top 10 team, plays a week schedule. If truly top 10 will give MD a good game in a month, if #1 the will beat them. But honestly will probably lose to Pen State in 10 days. I'll give stony #1 even though they haven't really played anyone, be more confident if they blow out NU on the 3rd, they do look good and made the west coast look silly. 'cuse is the master of choke, and plays a hectic undisciplined game and will never beat SB, UNC, or MD. To say UNC and MD are 6 & 7th best is silly. BC is good, I'd say 5th right now but we'll see what they do between now and 3/7 after Navy and USC. Anyone who doesn't say MD, UNC, and Stony aren't the top 3 didn't wtch them play this weekend, best lacrosse in the country, the UNC MD game was a fantastic display of top talent, and like I said Stony made the best the west has to offer look like rank amateurs

They will not blow out NU. SB has problems on the draw control. The best in the country at draws resides in Evanston. That alone will prevent a blowout. NUs D also looks good. Yes SB offense is outstanding, but NU gave up 5 goals to the team that SBs defense gave up 10 to without Kerigan Miller on the field most of the game. I think SB should be favored in the game, but not by a lot. Don't sleep on NU in that one. They have the better goalie, the better draw player, at least as strong a defense. And they have a fairly unique home field advantage at windy Lakeside field. Looking forward to seeing if SB can take that one convincingly. It would go a long way towards me feeling like they can go all the way this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS did not throw the ball away or drop it. HU goalie had a tough game, she is much better than that. Is #25 HU coaches sister.

Can you imagine more than one smith family in the world? Check the roster and you'll answer your own question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with ranking the west coast teams with their cupcake schedules. USC, Stanford, Colorodo, Denver etc

Nice schools but lacrosse wise they just can compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern is different with Lasota she changes them completely! The goalie situation is interesting there as a sophomore has beaten out last years starter who i felt was very good. Northwestern is a top 10 team. Crazy start. UNC loses to JMU. Then beats Maryland who has forgotten how to play defense. Loyola loses to Hopkins then has Florida beaten only to lose. USC up and down. Duke big win them bad loss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with ranking the west coast teams with their cupcake schedules. USC, Stanford, Colorodo, Denver etc

USC is definitely a competitive program. Colorado is fighting to be a Top 20 program. Stanford is much more than a nice school and if there is an opportunity for a young women to attend Stanford she should strongly consider it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC is definitely a competitive program. Colorado is fighting to be a Top 20 program. Stanford is much more than a nice school and if there is an opportunity for a young women to attend Stanford she should strongly consider it.

Yup, of course she should consider Stanford. But not if she wants great academics AND a nationally competitive lacrosse team. For that she should look to Princeton, Northwestern, Duke or Penn for better examples. Thems just the facts, I reckon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it Stanford is a good academic school which has nothing to do with how competitive a lacrosse team they have. The west coast teams get ranked higher than they should be each year , my guess is because they want to try to grow the sport and think this will help in some way. USC plays essentially a cupcake schedule in which they can zero in their efforts on a few games unfortunately when the NCAA tournament comes around they are not ready for the back to back competitive games and can beat anyone but will find it difficult to be competitive for so many games in a row.
SB although they play a weak schedule will be interesting, if they figure out the draw they can beat anybody. Their midfield is not on par with other top teams midfields but they are well coached and play well as a team.
Florida I just cant figure out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, of course she should consider Stanford. But not if she wants great academics AND a nationally competitive lacrosse team. For that she should look to Princeton, Northwestern, Duke or Penn for better examples. Thems just the facts, I reckon.

The schools that you mention obviously get better recruits so if you want a great education and you are not offered a spot at one of those schools Stanford would be a great opportunity. Or if you simply wanted to head out west and play at a great school.

One thing that I find interesting on here is that people seem to think that all players have the choice to attend one the top programs. The reality is that most kids are not offered a spot at the top programs. It works the other way as well, most programs do not get to choose the best players.

For the most part, year after year the top programs grab the majority of the best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They will not blow out NU. SB has problems on the draw control. The best in the country at draws resides in Evanston. That alone will prevent a blowout. NUs D also looks good. Yes SB offense is outstanding, but NU gave up 5 goals to the team that SBs defense gave up 10 to without Kerigan Miller on the field most of the game. I think SB should be favored in the game, but not by a lot. Don't sleep on NU in that one. They have the better goalie, the better draw player, at least as strong a defense. And they have a fairly unique home field advantage at windy Lakeside field. Looking forward to seeing if SB can take that one convincingly. It would go a long way towards me feeling like they can go all the way this year."

As a fan of SB ( no kid enrolled) I think this post is right on.. consistently losing the draw cost them the game against Maryland last year and it appears they dont have it figured out this year either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUNY Albany and SUNY Stony Brook both #! this week ... just sayin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's her wife, they were married over the summer and reside on LI with their two Boston terriers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook the new number 1 as they should be!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have the biggest joke of a schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, and will be exposed at the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why should they be ? Not saying they should not be but they have really not beaten any team that is a top15 team and only play 1 top 15 team this season. If they played MD, Fl, NW ,Or UNC schedule I do not think they would have a chance at going undefeated which thy probably will. I picked those teams as they are all in different conferences yet they all play a much more difficult schedule than SB .Come the time for seeding the NCAA tournament does the committee take strength of schedule into consideration?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why should they be ? Not saying they should not be but they have really not beaten any team that is a top15 team and only play 1 top 15 team this season. If they played MD, Fl, NW ,Or UNC schedule I do not think they would have a chance at going undefeated which thy probably will. I picked those teams as they are all in different conferences yet they all play a much more difficult schedule than SB .Come the time for seeding the NCAA tournament does the committee take strength of schedule into consideration?

Very true! A Joke!

Page 6 of 52 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard