BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 85 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know people tend to only care about the A teams but I am curious what people's thoughts are on B teams this year? Recon still advertising they have spots? S2S B team will have A first showing, People are saying the Igloo B team gained some new talent. Thoughts?

Recon A isnt strong so not sure how a B team would Be? The benefit of S2S B and Igloo B is that they practice with their A teams, so they get solid coaching, and it’s like being on a scout team in college; you always have to “play up” to your competition in practice. Solid plan.
solid for the B players not the A players. Not a big fan of that .

So the B kids are making the A kids worse??? Not sure I follow.

Funny isn't it. It sounds like he's afraid his little Johnny might lose his spot. I've watched A and B play together. It makes everyone play better. You always get a spoiled kid who think they are the next Rabil and won't get in a drill with the B kid. It only hurts little Rabil because he'll never learn to be a real teammate. Oh, and all the kids know what a loser he is.
yes the A players should be challenged. The B players are always challenge . Playing at or above your skill level is the best for all involved. You should not feel so offended , not worried about your b kid who prob is a true C player with the way you snapped.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know people tend to only care about the A teams but I am curious what people's thoughts are on B teams this year? Recon still advertising they have spots? S2S B team will have A first showing, People are saying the Igloo B team gained some new talent. Thoughts?

Recon A isnt strong so not sure how a B team would Be? The benefit of S2S B and Igloo B is that they practice with their A teams, so they get solid coaching, and it’s like being on a scout team in college; you always have to “play up” to your competition in practice. Solid plan.

Hypothetically; Lets fast forward a bit. One kid plays on 91 top team and the other plays on Recons top team. Now both of those kids enter the same showcase(s). Is it possible the kid from Recon may in fact receive more offers from top collegiate schools than the kid from 91 top team? I think it all depends on the schools needs and the individual. Take a peak at some D1 rosters, what's the average size (height/weight) of the smallest player, then do an overall average. Point being, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth paying some of the outrageous tuition fees asked by some of the top clubs. Just a thought.

The player from a top team has an advantage because he has been playing against better competition more consistently and for longer. That said, the next couple years are awkward because kids are maturing differently. By 10th grade almost all the kids are past this stage and, more or less, fully grown. For both individuals and teams there is more parity. There will always be the elite teams but the competition is much less one sided and enjoyable as a player and parent.

The player from an A team only has an advantage if he gets significant playing time, if he's sitting bench most of game and the player on a B team plays most of the game than who really has the advantage. If a kid is good than he is good, college coaches are not going to care what team he plays for at the individual showcases, better player will be noticed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hypothetically; Lets fast forward a bit. One kid plays on 91 top team and the other plays on Recons top team. Now both of those kids enter the same showcase(s). Is it possible the kid from Recon may in fact receive more offers from top collegiate schools than the kid from 91 top team? I think it all depends on the schools needs and the individual. Take a peak at some D1 rosters, what's the average size (height/weight) of the smallest player, then do an overall average. Point being, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth paying some of the outrageous tuition fees asked by some of the top clubs. Just a thought.

The player from a top team has an advantage because he has been playing against better competition more consistently and for longer. That said, the next couple years are awkward because kids are maturing differently. By 10th grade almost all the kids are past this stage and, more or less, fully grown. For both individuals and teams there is more parity. There will always be the elite teams but the competition is much less one sided and enjoyable as a player and parent.

The player from an A team only has an advantage if he gets significant playing time, if he's sitting bench most of game and the player on a B team plays most of the game than who really has the advantage. If a kid is good than he is good, college coaches are not going to care what team he plays for at the individual showcases, better player will be noticed
just because a child gets bigger does not make them better. SPEED , I.Q, SKILLS . ETC. THE A PLAYERS GROW JUST AS MUCH AS THE B PLAYERS:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I know people tend to only care about the A teams but I am curious what people's thoughts are on B teams this year? Recon still advertising they have spots? S2S B team will have A first showing, People are saying the Igloo B team gained some new talent. Thoughts?

Hypothetically; Lets fast forward a bit. One kid plays on 91 top team and the other plays on Recons top team. Now both of those kids enter the same showcase(s). Is it possible the kid from Recon may in fact receive more offers from top collegiate schools than the kid from 91 top team? I think it all depends on the schools needs and the individual. Take a peak at some D1 rosters, what's the average size (height/weight) of the smallest player, then do an overall average. Point

You are missing the bigger picture . Practice is where the children really learn. To practice with children at or above their skill level makes them better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I know people tend to only care about the A teams but I am curious what people's thoughts are on B teams this year? Recon still advertising they have spots? S2S B team will have A first showing, People are saying the Igloo B team gained some new talent. Thoughts?

Hypothetically; Lets fast forward a bit. One kid plays on 91 top team and the other plays on Recons top team. Now both of those kids enter the same showcase(s). Is it possible the kid from Recon may in fact receive more offers from top collegiate schools than the kid from 91 top team? I think it all depends on the schools needs and the individual. Take a peak at some D1 rosters, what's the average size (height/weight) of the smallest player, then do an overall average. Point

You are missing the bigger picture . Practice is where the children really learn. To practice with children at or above their skill level makes them better.

Their are some clubs which their A and B teams don't practice together let alone scrimmage each other.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their are some clubs which their A and B teams don't practice together let alone scrimmage each other.

Yeah, they are not making the most out of their training and development of their farm system. I've seen B players move up to A and A players move down. It's a fantastic development idea. The pro's do it as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is an extreme rarity at least within the same program. There are definitely excellent B club players but they will typically have to leave the program to make an A team. It's less to do with skill level and more to do with the program bringing new kids in before moving kids up. Think about it, it is much easier to bring new kids onto an A team an retain the B team player who probably likes his coach then to move the kid up to the A team and then recruit kids onto a B team. On the point of A teams practicing with B teams, it is not the kids that care because they are kids and will be friendly no matter what. It has more to do with the parents on the A team. Nobody would admit it on this forum but they think it's a disadvantage for their son to play against a B team player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the same token the B players benefit from practicing and scrimmaging their A team— they are challenged and will get better. However the A players are now practicing down and are not being challenged. So they will be at a disadvantage and a little surprised when they face their true competition come spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the same token the B players benefit from practicing and scrimmaging their A team— they are challenged and will get better. However the A players are now practicing down and are not being challenged. So they will be at a disadvantage and a little surprised when they face their true competition come spring.
AGREED. I have seen it happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AGREED. I have seen it happen.

Disagree. My son is A and the coach moves the kids to a half field when working on plays. Line drills with B doesn't make your son worse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will see when the kids get older and play in the showcases that have no politics and are out of state when all star teams are picked who the best players are. The kids from the top two or three teams many times are beat out by what we call B players from B teams and are picked for showcase all star teams over long islands top three team players. These same players Come back to long Island for a show case and the all star teams are filled with players from the top two teams. Colleges don't care what team a kid plays for and in fact pick kids from B teams over starters from the top AA teams many times. Just because a kid is on a AA team does not make him an A player and a B team kid is not always a B player. Success for college recruiting will be based on individual merit not because a player is wearing a certain club helmet. You will see starting with the rising sophomores all this AA and B debate means nothing. Train your kid and challenge him while you make sure he plays a lot and has fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The player from a top team has an advantage because he has been playing against better competition more consistently and for longer. That said, the next couple years are awkward because kids are maturing differently. By 10th grade almost all the kids are past this stage and, more or less, fully grown. For both individuals and teams there is more parity. There will always be the elite teams but the competition is much less one sided and enjoyable as a player and parent.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oops - you just pissed off a whole bunch of folks from the Top Teams, aka, the Lax Mafia. You're popping their balloon. Next thing is you'll go telling everyone there is no Easter Bunny . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The player from a top team has an advantage because he has been playing against better competition more consistently and for longer. That said, the next couple years are awkward because kids are maturing differently. By 10th grade almost all the kids are past this stage and, more or less, fully grown. For both individuals and teams there is more parity. There will always be the elite teams but the competition is much less one sided and enjoyable as a player and parent.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oops - you just pissed off a whole bunch of folks from the Top Teams, aka, the Lax Mafia. You're popping their balloon. Next thing is you'll go telling everyone there is no Easter Bunny . . .[/quote]
Haha, you hit the nail on the head. The top dog dad's are hilarious to watch. I have an older son who was on a B team and now is heading to atop D1 program and none of the kids on his clubs A team have the grades to get in and didn't get in anyway regardless of grades. For those dad's who have kids on B teams who love to play the game of lax... Keep playing and studying, your future is bright.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top town/club teams for upcoming season??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits,igloo, s2s bbp, gc, 3v

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits , igloo, 3v ,S2S,Gc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits , igloo, 3v ,S2S,Gc.

Express then Bandits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express. Bandits igloo. 3v s2s. GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express. Bandits igloo. 3v s2s. GC

We'll see Express daddy. You shouldn't have gotten rid of BM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits (w/holdbacks), Igloo, S2S, Express (w/holdbacks), GC, 3V...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we will see who comes out on top in Denver...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best 2023 team isn't even going to WYSL. Have fun losers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best 2023 team isn't even going to WYSL. Have fun losers

Ok, I’ll bite....and who might that be? Please enlighten us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits (w/holdbacks), Igloo, S2S, Express (w/holdbacks), GC, 3V...

Don’t think Bandits have any holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which best team isn’t going to WSYL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits 100% have holdbacks so does Express and Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Empire, TB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say even the top 3 LI programs (Bandits, Igloo, Express- no particular order) without there holdbacks are still going to be a tough out. So we will see on April 8th who is in, no need to bash any programs prior. Can anyone confirm if its 4 or 6 teams from this region that make it, Ive heard conflicting stories. Also does anyone know if they post all the teams playing in the qualifier prior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams have holdbacks, the question is whether or not they are age-eligible for the WSYL. I think that all of the Bandit holdbacks have birthdays after 9/1 so they will be playing as currently constructed. I was told that S2S isn't even going to qualifier because their 2 best offensive players are already 14 (or turn 14 this month). Express has holdbacks, but not sure if they were born before 9/1. I guess this is all speculation anyway because we don't what kind of funny business teams will try to pull to circumvent the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams have holdbacks, the question is whether or not they are age-eligible for the WSYL. I think that all of the Bandit holdbacks have birthdays after 9/1 so they will be playing as currently constructed. I was told that S2S isn't even going to qualifier because their 2 best offensive players are already 14 (or turn 14 this month). Express has holdbacks, but not sure if they were born before 9/1. I guess this is all speculation anyway because we don't what kind of funny business teams will try to pull to circumvent the rules.

False rumor. Best kids aren't the two you mentioned. S2S parents don't want to go. Waste of money. Denver does nothing for your kid other than bankrupt parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False rumor. Best kids aren't the two you mentioned. S2S parents don't want to go. Waste of money. Denver does nothing for your kid other than bankrupt parent.

<Smart>!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree but they should at least go to the qualifier. I can almost guarantee it will be the only time you will get all these top teams into a single tournament for the next four years. Doesn't hurt to qualify and turn it down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol nice try - they don't want to go or simply can't compete because several kids don't make the age requirement anf they can't take any kids from the 2022 group because they don't have one, also the B team is in its 1st year and they have unknown talent- if any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I noticed that you confirmed that the team has 2 fourteen year old kids though. And they are the 2 best. Without them S2S is Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I noticed that you confirmed that the team has 2 fourteen year old kids though. And they are the 2 best. Without them S2S is Empire.

According to the S2S website they are going to qualifier and must feel very confident because they also have Denver trip on calendar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

According to the S2S website they are going to qualifier and must feel very confident because they also have Denver trip on calendar.

If I were running and event like this and a team qualified and then refused the invitation, that team would be denied future opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree, The WSYL is a huge Money Grab, and a complete waste of time. Each of the Previous three years of it's existence have resulted in the final four teams being from Long Island. I have heard that it's such a great experience for the kids etc. Although it may be a great experience, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to travel to Denver on the week of July 4th, to provide a Great experience for your son and his team. Several of the Organizations have taken trips to Maryland, North Carolina etc. to play out of state teams, visit college campuses, and watch college games. This folks, is a Great idea. The boys get to play against different teams, watch some great college lacrosse, and bond as a team, for a fraction of the price. The reality is, that it is a great marketing hammerhead for the Larger Organizations such as the Express, Igloo, 91 etc., if they win it, to further their recruiting efforts, by bragging about it on their websites. Winning or not winning this event will have zero affect on your sons future in the sport of Lacrosse. This event is designed to play to the ego of the parents, not the kids. Do you really think for a minute, that any of these boys would be crushed if their team decided not to participate? I have a son in the 2023 age group, as well as sons in older grades. Events such as the WSYL carry no weight with College Coaches, when they consider to recruit your son. Save your money, put it towards getting your son a tutor to raise their grades, have them volunteer their time to better their community, and become a better citizen. If they are a quality Lacrosse player, the College Coaches will find them. Put the thousands that you will spend on a trip to Denver, in their 529 College Savings Plan. Unless the Organizations on Long Island Collectively refuse the invitations to events like this, it will continue as intended, to fill the pockets of the Club Owners, the egos of the parents and nothing more. Buyer Beware...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice work Dad! Let the record show your son is obviously one of the best on the team and not being able to go just kills you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL will be obsolete in a few years. NLF Club Championships will get more TV coverage and cost parents much less $.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree, The WSYL is a huge Money Grab, and a complete waste of time. Each of the Previous three years of it's existence have resulted in the final four teams being from Long Island. I have heard that it's such a great experience for the kids etc. Although it may be a great experience, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to travel to Denver on the week of July 4th, to provide a Great experience for your son and his team. Several of the Organizations have taken trips to Maryland, North Carolina etc. to play out of state teams, visit college campuses, and watch college games. This folks, is a Great idea. The boys get to play against different teams, watch some great college lacrosse, and bond as a team, for a fraction of the price. The reality is, that it is a great marketing hammerhead for the Larger Organizations such as the Express, Igloo, 91 etc., if they win it, to further their recruiting efforts, by bragging about it on their websites. Winning or not winning this event will have zero affect on your sons future in the sport of Lacrosse. This event is designed to play to the ego of the parents, not the kids. Do you really think for a minute, that any of these boys would be crushed if their team decided not to participate? I have a son in the 2023 age group, as well as sons in older grades. Events such as the WSYL carry no weight with College Coaches, when they consider to recruit your son. Save your money, put it towards getting your son a tutor to raise their grades, have them volunteer their time to better their community, and become a better citizen. If they are a quality Lacrosse player, the College Coaches will find them. Put the thousands that you will spend on a trip to Denver, in their 529 College Savings Plan. Unless the Organizations on Long Island Collectively refuse the invitations to events like this, it will continue as intended, to fill the pockets of the Club Owners, the egos of the parents and nothing more. Buyer Beware...

Well said!

Page 61 of 85 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard