BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 26 of 47 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meathead coaches and punk kids displaying poor sportsmanship... they’ll lose the big games because they’ll be in the penalty box too often.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trolls are like seagulls. You keep feeding them, they keep shi**ing on you. It’s funny really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Meathead coaches and punk kids displaying poor sportsmanship... they’ll lose the big games because they’ll be in the penalty box too often.

That and the fact that they are just not as good as NL, Hawks, Crabs, CB, Bethesda....They will win a couple if they catch a team on a bad day. Who are the other Elite's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the dark horse teams in 2023 this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a off topic question but interested in the answers I get. 1.What would you pay for a half hour/hour sit down with a Youth sport expert to help you come up with a plan of action for your kid and his sports long term plan?
2. What would you pay to have this person check in with you and your son every 3 or 6 months for follow up advice? 3. Would you only trust this person if he or she had no affiliation with any club team or high school?

Yes I am looking at starting this kind of service. I have had 3 kids go through this travel sports crazy ride and have wished along the way I could call a stranger and ask what would you do?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a off topic question but interested in the answers I get. 1.What would you pay for a half hour/hour sit down with a Youth sport expert to help you come up with a plan of action for your kid and his sports long term plan?
2. What would you pay to have this person check in with you and your son every 3 or 6 months for follow up advice? 3. Would you only trust this person if he or she had no affiliation with any club team or high school?

Yes I am looking at starting this kind of service. I have had 3 kids go through this travel sports crazy ride and have wished along the way I could call a stranger and ask what would you do?

People are stupid and will pay for anything if they think it's going to get little johnny that scholarship. How else do you explain the thousands of parents playing 2-3k plus all the travel for their son to play on B and C level teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are stupid and will pay for anything if they think it's going to get little johnny that scholarship. How else do you explain the thousands of parents playing 2-3k plus all the travel for their son to play on B and C level teams?

Well my point will be lets sit down and really look at your son and what you want and what he wants. You can pay me $50 or $100 to help you work this out. And it can save you 2-3k. But I think most parents at the end of this ride with or without a college roster spot still are happy with what they paid for and went through. I think the most important thing is a outside real opinion about your son. This can not be from a high school coach or club coach. They both have bias. If they coached you for years they can not tell you " you are not college lacrosse material" that makes them look bad. Would you pay $50 to talk about your kid to someone unbiased? I think a real answer to if your son is D1 or D2 or D3 is a huge help. I am aware this answer can not be 100% correct and each kid can change there spot at any time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is silly. So what if you say something different from johnny’s club. He still needs a team. So he can tryout for multiple teams and find out that he and dad had the wrong assessment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well my point will be lets sit down and really look at your son and what you want and what he wants. You can pay me $50 or $100 to help you work this out. And it can save you 2-3k. But I think most parents at the end of this ride with or without a college roster spot still are happy with what they paid for and went through. I think the most important thing is a outside real opinion about your son. This can not be from a high school coach or club coach. They both have bias. If they coached you for years they can not tell you " you are not college lacrosse material" that makes them look bad. Would you pay $50 to talk about your kid to someone unbiased? I think a real answer to if your son is D1 or D2 or D3 is a huge help. I am aware this answer can not be 100% correct and each kid can change there spot at any time.

I do not think this advise would be useful or worth any $ in 7th grade. 10 or 11th maybe but how could any outsider know by sitting down what is best for a 7th grader? You should focus on coaching the parents into not being a bunch of D-Bags who worry about this stuff. Let the kids play and only they can determine what level of college team they should strive for by getting better. Later on in life, a coach will tell them for free. Do not forget that most D1 rosters have walk on's as well who knew they could play if no one else did. In the end there will be no free rides. If you choose a small private school to play lacrosse that you might not pick otherwise you may end up paying a lot more than 2-3K. This advice was free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not think this advise would be useful or worth any $ in 7th grade. 10 or 11th maybe but how could any outsider know by sitting down what is best for a 7th grader? You should focus on coaching the parents into not being a bunch of D-Bags who worry about this stuff. Let the kids play and only they can determine what level of college team they should strive for by getting better. Later on in life, a coach will tell them for free. Do not forget that most D1 rosters have walk on's as well who knew they could play if no one else did. In the end there will be no free rides. If you choose a small private school to play lacrosse that you might not pick otherwise you may end up paying a lot more than 2-3K. This advice was free.

It would be short term advice also. Like your son is a A level travel player, Your son should move to long pole or D- Middie. You should never play for the Crabs the cheat ( only a Joke). All of these choices you make about your kid in 7 to 10 grade line up and change the chances of him playing college lacrosse. I think everyone by now knows the payback for what we pay to play with all this lacrosse is not good. But I also see very clearly that the parents and kids still want to go after these college and Varsity high school spots. And would anyone on here like to have someone help you decide to send your kid to Landon, PVI or a local public school? Most of the people that come to this site have lots of lacrosse back ground and know the ends and outs. Can you say that about 45% of the parents on the sidelines of a HOCO game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be short term advice also. Like your son is a A level travel player, Your son should move to long pole or D- Middie. You should never play for the Crabs the cheat ( only a Joke). All of these choices you make about your kid in 7 to 10 grade line up and change the chances of him playing college lacrosse. I think everyone by now knows the payback for what we pay to play with all this lacrosse is not good. But I also see very clearly that the parents and kids still want to go after these college and Varsity high school spots. And would anyone on here like to have someone help you decide to send your kid to Landon, PVI or a local public school? Most of the people that come to this site have lots of lacrosse back ground and know the ends and outs. Can you say that about 45% of the parents on the sidelines of a HOCO game?

YES!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tuition at Landon is $42K with 23% getting some financial aid. I think your paycheck will help make that decision but if you can afford it I guess paying someone $50 or $100 bucks to tell you what you already know is fine. Would you not need to see the kids play in order to offer any advice? I am just not sure what you are offering but it is an interesting idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tuition at Landon is $42K with 23% getting some financial aid. I think your paycheck will help make that decision but if you can afford it I guess paying someone $50 or $100 bucks to tell you what you already know is fine. Would you not need to see the kids play in order to offer any advice? I am just not sure what you are offering but it is an interesting idea.

I guess what I am fishing for is what kind of advice would parents of young lacrosse players need? What questions do they need help answering? I am 100% sure that all advice when it comes to a youth athlete always depends on each child's situation. If you have two players same age same skill level but ones parents can afford 42k for High school the other is low income? Or one player is a all A student and the other is a C or B student? Would your advice to them about a high school or college be different? What do we hear about D2 colleges all the time when it comes to lacrosse schools. They are not highly regarded for education. But back to the C student should he be looking at and thinking D2? The funny thing is people on here ask the questions I want to answer all the time. But the problem is without meeting and watching the kid and family all advice is way to [ChillLaxin]. Also I think lacrosse is one of the highest rates of parents with no or very little real Athletic History. I meet parents who tell me "we where in the band I have no idea what its like out there." And you also have at least half the kids are from divorced parents. What if dad is not around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reality is that the coaches for the clubs should actually be providing that info. It's a shame if they don't already, however I think the good ones do that in addition to providing HS advice based on ability and talent.

I like your idea for people who don't know the game in addition to the club/high school scene. There's more than likely a market for it, but personally I think the club coaches should be providing that type of info.

Unfortunately in most cases, they're not because it's a conflict of interest. The last thing club coaches want to do is to recommend that one of their really good players should seek a higher level of club competition elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The core group that won 2 games in 2 years ...

Beat the heck out of FCA and NL in the summer tournaments and that will happen again!! Trust me when I say this team has improved more than any other team at the 2023 level and THEY will run the table in the HOCO!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is 2024. So I don't follow 2023 very closely. But my kid wants to play 2023 this summer to get more of a challenge. Who are the top 5 2023 teams in HoCo this Spring? And of those teams, which ones are holding tryouts for the summer season? Thanks for the help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is 2024. So I don't follow 2023 very closely. But my kid wants to play 2023 this summer to get more of a challenge. Who are the top 5 2023 teams in HoCo this Spring? And of those teams, which ones are holding tryouts for the summer season? Thanks for the help.

There are really seven top teams at this group:

Next Level, Hawks, Crabs, Club Blue, Bethesda, Looney's, Next Level that on any given Sunday.... Not as sure about Looney's but some on this board are claiming they added so they belong in this group. I do not believe any of these teams have room or tryout's and already are set for the Spring. Most have tryout's in August. If your son wants a challenge, why not just play on the best 2024 team you can find?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simple answer is none of the teams are holding tryouts for summer season. Tryouts are in August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think I forgot FCA my son play's NL and they compete with these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not many clubs hold separate tryouts for the summer. Maybe Madlax does, but most teams set their squads in August and that takes them through the fall, winter, spring and summer. If he's a stud, someone might add him, but he'd have to be a real stud, not just good for the 2024s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not many clubs hold separate tryouts for the summer. Maybe Madlax does, but most teams set their squads in August and that takes them through the fall, winter, spring and summer. If he's a stud, someone might add him, but he'd have to be a real stud, not just good for the 2024s.

He's bigger and more skilled than most 22s. Madlax 23s are a mess and owner doesn't let you play up. So looking for a better alternative. Thanks for the list above. Maybe some of them are interested.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's bigger and more skilled than most 22s. Madlax 23s are a mess and owner doesn't let you play up. So looking for a better alternative. Thanks for the list above. Maybe some of them are interested.

Try Crabs. They will take on new kids if they are better than what they have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see that last year's standings went: Crabs, CB, NL, FCA, BLC, Hawks, Looneys. How are Crabs 2023 looking this year? Didn't a bunch of kids leave last Fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see that last year's standings went: Crabs, CB, NL, FCA, BLC, Hawks, Looneys. How are Crabs 2023 looking this year? Didn't a bunch of kids leave last Fall?

Yup Crabs is the way to go... They will get you on a roster and will never play your kid... As the season progresses they will bring in other players on your dime and those kids will play in Summer tournaments instead of your kid... Great Club... Parents are always super happy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup Crabs is the way to go... They will get you on a roster and will never play your kid... As the season progresses they will bring in other players on your dime and those kids will play in Summer tournaments instead of your kid... Great Club... Parents are always super happy

Make sure you kid is better then any kid they could bring in! The great players on this team love when coach brings in a better kid then your kid. They do not have to think should I pass to this bum or not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you kid is better then any kid they could bring in! The great players on this team love when coach brings in a better kid then your kid. They do not have to think should I pass to this bum or not?
[/quote]
Soon games will start and the complaining can take second stage. Thoughts on the Next Level event on 3/11? Who will be a surprise team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soon games will start and the complaining can take second stage. Thoughts on the Next Level event on 3/11? Who will be a surprise team?[/quote]

what makes you think complaining will ebb when games start?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soon games will start and the complaining can take second stage. Thoughts on the Next Level event on 3/11? Who will be a surprise team?

what makes you think complaining will ebb when games start?[/quote]
Complaining will not ebb at all, I am a realist I was just suggesting that there will also be posts about games and how teams are playing in between the holdback excuses and rants about horrible coaches. There will also be some posts about actual lacrosse....maybe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Madlax already has two 2023 kids bolting for other clubs. The boat is leaving the dock and it's a race to not be among the last Madlax who haven't found a home elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Madlax already has two 2023 kids bolting for other clubs. The boat is leaving the dock and it's a race to not be among the last Madlax who haven't found a home elsewhere.

Check out Cavalier 2023 the only nationally ranked team in NVA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all the crying about whether VLC and Cavalier belong in the discussion of AA teams is going to end this weekend.

http://www.tourneymachine.com/Publi...ivision=h20180301165053105bb76e2f7de4c45

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all the crying about whether VLC and Cavalier belong in the discussion of AA teams is going to end this weekend.

Very Good point and thank you for the link! Any idea when the HOCO schedule will be posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Good point and thank you for the link! Any idea when the HOCO schedule will be posted?

Usually a few days before the season starts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will never understand why people think they know better then everyone else. There are top clubs and they have been tops for 10 to 15 years or more. Why would you risk having your son playing on a "grass is greener on this side club" Please take the time to pick a top club, look up the summer high school schedule. Compare the other clubs that play in these high school level tournaments. I can promise you its the clubs that have been at the top for 15 years. These tournaments are where the money is made, the D1 spots are found. Keep falling for the clubs with no pull and shinny new uniforms all you want, but you will be wrong 9 out of 10 times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax playing 2023 A bracket this weekend, thought they were an Elite team. how the mighty has fallen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year the HoCo schedule was posted on the 16th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax playing 2023 A bracket this weekend, thought they were an Elite team. how the mighty has fallen

Yep, Madlax's 2024 team could beat its 2023 team. It is a shame because Madlax 2023 has had lots of talent over the years but the team was neglected and grass was greener elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No crying about VLC. They beat Madlax and Team 91 in the fall and lost to Bethesda by only 2. Shocking to see Madlax in the A bracket. Beginning of the end for that club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, Madlax's 2024 team could beat its 2023 team. It is a shame because Madlax 2023 has had lots of talent over the years but the team was neglected and grass was greener elsewhere.

Can we all please save this post. Print it out. Screen cap it. So in three years when Madlax 2023 is beating most of these teams and they have 6 D1 kids I can look back and laugh at your silly post.

Also please describe your use of the word neglected? I would guess the dad who talked bad about every little thing all year long and talked people into leaving to the greener grass club had way more to do with this team being bad then any real neglect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No crying about VLC. They beat Madlax and Team 91 in the fall and lost to Bethesda by only 2. Shocking to see Madlax in the A bracket. Beginning of the end for that club?

Beating Madlax and Team 91MD and losing to Lax Factory and Bethesda by 2 is not an argument for being considered a AA team... your comment about Madlax above proves that.

Page 26 of 47 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard