BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 101 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have one big kid who as others have said wouldnt be a big deal if he played D. Attackmen are small, D big but normal sized. Not sure why anyone would think or say they are 50% holdbacks. And 91 Md parents that I know don’t think so.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep crying, LI.

Says the Madlax holdback cheater dad. According to 91MD parents, it’s well known that 50%+ of Madlax 2024 team are holdbacks. The most of any 2024 team in hoco. With so many holdbacks, I would expect them to be a lot better.

If it's grade based and the kid is the correct grade, why is it cheating?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you imagine if parents put the same amount of thought and effort into steering their kids towards academics? Or at the same time, learning some sort of trade. All the effort, money, and time spent hedging on a sport that will hopefully land your child in a well known school, IF it happens, then what? I truly wonder, if the majority of the kids are in full agreement with their parents on their so called Master Plan. But I guess times are different now; Back in H.S.it was who had the job making the most money. Which kid(s) had the connection with the builder, framing houses on the weekend, which kid had the father, who was the mason, so he would throw us some work on the weekends/summer so we would have some money in our pockets. Like I said times have changed...
awesome post I try saying this for so long. People drink the cool aid about lacrosse. 60 kids on a college roster there’s no full scholarships people. Never see kids cutting there own grass anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have one big kid who as others have said wouldnt be a big deal if he played D. Attackmen are small, D big but normal sized. Not sure why anyone would think or say they are 50% holdbacks. And 91 Md parents that I know don’t think so.

Thank you for that expert, UNBIASED commentary, Madlax Dad. I already feel sorry for your boys this year. Once Taz get's done with them, there will be a lot of tears. Suggest you start preparing them now for the beat down. You'll thank me later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try champ. 9d1 Dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax had zero holdbacks You stunads would have provided proof if we did. Keep lying and crying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is madlax coming to Long Island this coming season ? Is Taz or WP playing them anytime this year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax had zero holdbacks You stunads would have provided proof if we did. Keep lying and crying.

Great! Then I’ll see you at the WSYL. Should be a real hoot! Heard they are televising it live again on ESPNU. Can you imagine a better experience for a 12 year old than playing for a World Championship, on TV?!! Something they’ll tell their grand kids about! Wow! Can’t wait!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try champ. 9d1 Dad.

c-Daddy, what B tourneys are on the schedule for this year? Is your sons team going to graduate to club teams, or are you guys going to stick with the town teams again this year? Bring em along slowly. The whole competition thing is totally overrated. Hey, some of those town teams are pretty good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is madlax coming to Long Island this coming season ? Is Taz or WP playing them anytime this year ?
. Hope so!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fantastic 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great! Then I’ll see you at the WSYL. Should be a real hoot! Heard they are televising it live again on ESPNU. Can you imagine a better experience for a 12 year old than playing for a World Championship, on TV?!! Something they’ll tell their grand kids about! Wow! Can’t wait!!

You gotta be kidding me. Besides their grand children, if that ever happens in this day and age. Think about this, when little Billy Lax finishes his D1 lacrosse career and returns home to the real world with 200K in student loans still wearing his grass slippers picked up at a tournament while still in HS, because it took him 5 years to complete his degree and PSE&G comes knocking on his door for their loot, I guess little Billy Lax will say to them; "Hey, don't you know me, I played in the WSYL, televised on ESPNU."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think someone didn't pick up the sarcasm....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Yeah. That guys a little out of the loop, apparently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best part is it’s probably from 2 or 3 Taz/WP parent and a few kids as well. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was such an idiotic response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best part is it’s probably from 2 or 3 Taz/WP parent and a few kids as well. Lol.

Even when you don’t hear from the haters, their jealousy simmers right below the surface. Must be a horrible existence to have to live like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You gotta be kidding me. Besides their grand children, if that ever happens in this day and age. Think about this, when little Billy Lax finishes his D1 lacrosse career and returns home to the real world with 200K in student loans still wearing his grass slippers picked up at a tournament while still in HS, because it took him 5 years to complete his degree and PSE&G comes knocking on his door for their loot, I guess little Billy Lax will say to them; "Hey, don't you know me, I played in the WSYL, televised on ESPNU."

Wow. Talk about a buzz kill! Bet you steal lollipops from little kids, too, right??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is WP or TAZ playing again, you can truly hear the ECHO!!! No pack or TAZ no talk . Point proven.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is WP or TAZ playing again, you can truly hear the ECHO!!! No pack or TAZ no talk . Point proven.

Can't imagine how lonely your life must be now not having the opportunity to pound your chest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't imagine how lonely your life must be now not having the opportunity to pound your chest

Who pounds their chest. One of those teams lose , everyone bashes them. That’s pounding their chest. You may be the biggest stunad .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who pounds their chest. One of those teams lose , everyone bashes them. That’s pounding their chest. You may be the biggest stunad .

Yep re-read your post, total chest pound, nobody talking bout your boys so you go and make an advertisement to highlight that fact yet I'm the stunad? Your kids team should screen the parents before accepting a kid on the team, you're a perfect example of why!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep re-read your post, total chest pound, nobody talking bout your boys so you go and make an advertisement to highlight that fact yet I'm the stunad? Your kids team should screen the parents before accepting a kid on the team, you're a perfect example of why!!
you should re-read the post. It’s about everything that is wrong with this site. Please do not write on this site and act as if you are some awesome guy . You are prob one of the biggest stunads on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you should re-read the post. It’s about everything that is wrong with this site. Please do not write on this site and act as if you are some awesome guy . You are prob one of the biggest stunads on the sideline.

Re-read your original post, youre still an stunad and yes i am an awesome guy, get over it, do us all a favor and go to your established romper room

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re-read your original post, youre still an stunad and yes i am an awesome guy, get over it, do us all a favor and go to your established romper room

You people are too funny. You’re talking to a parent that is neither aTaz or WP parent. There is only one person on here that uses the word stunad (whatever that is). If you are paying attention, you would know this is the parent from Madlax. And, thanks Madlax guy for defending WP/Taz! Kinda shocked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Re-read your original post, youre still an stunad and yes i am an awesome guy, get over it, do us all a favor and go to your established romper room[/quote]

You people are too funny. You’re talking to a parent that is neither aTaz or WP parent. There is only one person on here that uses the word stunad (whatever that is). If you are paying attention, you would know this is the parent from Madlax. And, thanks Madlax guy for defending WP/Taz! Kinda shocked.
[/quote]

Clue: when you see some strange terms here and there, particularly repeated across multiplier posts, it's the moderators replacing 'offensive' terms included in the originally submitted post. How do I know this?? Because I've had it done to some of my posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

Clue: when you see some strange terms here and there, particularly repeated across multiplier posts, it's the moderators replacing 'offensive' terms included in the originally submitted post. How do I know this?? Because I've had it done to some of my posts.[/quote]

If you are correct, it’s New, because it’s never happened to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any WP, Taz, Express kids trying out for the NLC on Friday at SUSA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to Lacrosse what is NLC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monday-Thur tournament in July in Delaware a tough one. Pack, Taz, express all playing at NLF championship following weekend in Lehigh. Would require being away for almost a whole week for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monday-Thur tournament in July in Delaware a tough one. Pack, Taz, express all playing at NLF championship following weekend in Lehigh. Would require being away for almost a whole week for them.

I don’t think many of the top players are going to do it. Wonder if more are going to do Warrior again. My feeling is most aren’t doing that either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think many of the top players are going to do it. Wonder if more are going to do Warrior again. My feeling is most aren’t doing that either.

Experience wise, nice one and done events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spring is approaching and the town teams tournaments will be starting up. I feel the town team tournaments are a good barometer on How the HS teams will do down the road. I know some of the town teams grab from surrounding towns but what town teams stand out?

For Suffolk:

1. BBP
2. ESM
3. SWR
4. Commack

Big fall off after that.

Should be in that order.

I agree but I would have to put Commack in front of ESM. And I have never seen SWR play at any of the tournaments- How about the Nassau teams?

I’m sure we’ll get a RVC and a GC dad saying their teams are tops in Nassau. But really, is there any other team that compete in Nassau?? I read all of the garbage on here, and I don’t think there is another legit contender ever mentioned.

There aren't that many town teams in Nassau that strive to participate as such - between the smaller communities where it is logistically too much work to put teams together along with all of the boys that play club, it's really a meaningless assessment of anything.

I would have to put Gc and Rvc in front of esm and swr on the Long Island list.Regardless, of how you feel about the Nassau teams I do believe Manhasset, Massapequa and Lynbrook teams all should be in conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spring is approaching and the town teams tournaments will be starting up. I feel the town team tournaments are a good barometer on How the HS teams will do down the road. I know some of the town teams grab from surrounding towns but what town teams stand out?

For Suffolk:

1. BBP
2. ESM
3. SWR
4. Commack

Big fall off after that.

Should be in that order.

I agree but I would have to put Commack in front of ESM. And I have never seen SWR play at any of the tournaments- How about the Nassau teams?

I’m sure we’ll get a RVC and a GC dad saying their teams are tops in Nassau. But really, is there any other team that compete in Nassau?? I read all of the garbage on here, and I don’t think there is another legit contender ever mentioned.

There aren't that many town teams in Nassau that strive to participate as such - between the smaller communities where it is logistically too much work to put teams together along with all of the boys that play club, it's really a meaningless assessment of anything.

I would have to put Gc and Rvc in front of esm and swr on the Long Island list.Regardless, of how you feel about the Nassau teams I do believe Manhasset, Massapequa and Lynbrook teams all should be in conversation.

We are now judging and rating PAL teams??? Lolol this has gotten out of control. How do you rate town teams based on the fact that the teams are ran through the top Travel kids. PAL becomes a 2 through 6 man game, the rest are just fillers. Some programs have lost kids and some have gained and others are playing up. Some of these teams have 2 or more top travel kids on their teams and some have none. Can't rank teams based on that playing field. Plus add in the fact that you have to play every kid somewhat evenly no matter the skill level. And overall PAL is for fun, not to flex your chest. If that's what your looking for than Travel is the way to go, PAL is dying and if you disagree go look up the Travel lacrosse companies growth across the board but more obvious is the amount of teams they have at every grade level then compare it too PAL registrations over the last 3- 4 years. I like PAL for the simple fact that my son gets to play with his friends but the real skill building and competition is at the travel level and its only getting stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
I agree but I would have to put Commack in front of ESM. And I have never seen SWR play at any of the tournaments- How about the Nassau teams?[/quote]

[/quote]

There aren't that many town teams in Nassau that strive to participate as such - between the smaller communities where it is logistically too much work to put teams together along with all of the boys that play club, it's really a meaningless assessment of anything.[/quote]

I would have to put Gc and Rvc in front of esm and swr on the Long Island list.Regardless, of how you feel about the Nassau teams I do believe Manhasset, Massapequa and Lynbrook teams all should be in conversation.[/quote]

We are now judging and rating PAL teams??? Lolol this has gotten out of control. How do you rate town teams based on the fact that the teams are ran through the top Travel kids. PAL becomes a 2 through 6 man game, the rest are just fillers. Some programs have lost kids and some have gained and others are playing up. Some of these teams have 2 or more top travel kids on their teams and some have none. Can't rank teams based on that playing field. Plus add in the fact that you have to play every kid somewhat evenly no matter the skill level. And overall PAL is for fun, not to flex your chest. If that's what your looking for than Travel is the way to go, PAL is dying and if you disagree go look up the Travel lacrosse companies growth across the board but more obvious is the amount of teams they have at every grade level then compare it too PAL registrations over the last 3- 4 years. I like PAL for the simple fact that my son gets to play with his friends but the real skill building and competition is at the travel level and its only getting stronger.
[/quote]

". . . you have to play every kid somewhat evenly . . ." Some teams (Read: coaches!) would do well to keep this in mind. I've seen far too many games that were closer than the opposing coach thought they would be, and then somehow shortened his bench for the better part of the game to ensure a win!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very interesting reading on the ‘24 MD board in regards to holdbacks and prep school kids. For those LI teams that go to the mid Atlantic tourneys, it’s a definite must read. ML, BLC, 91MD, etc, etc are 90%+ holdbacks. Nothing we didn’t already know, but in case you had any doubts, you can hear it straight from the horses mouth. These teams have this form of cheating down to a science.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Suffolk:

1. BBP
2. ESM
3. SWR
4. Commack

Big fall off after that.

Should be in that order.

Not sure about your assessment in regards to RVC and GC, but you have no idea what you are talking about if you are putting Massapequa in the conversation. There is no kind way to say it, except that team is horrible. I mean... REALLY HORRIBLE. You have no idea what quality town teams are on LI, if you think that team is one of the top teams. I don't know anything about Lynbrook, but I don't think Manhasset is much better than Massapequa. My thinking is that RVC and GC are prob justified, but the rest are at a B level or below. Hopefully all of the teams will play in some town tourneys this Spring and we'll find out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

". . . you have to play every kid somewhat evenly . . ." Some teams (Read: coaches!) would do well to keep this in mind. I've seen far too many games that were closer than the opposing coach thought they would be, and then somehow shortened his bench for the better part of the game to ensure a win!

Genius. Stop with the club argument. Everyone understands all that crap. You aren't educating anyone. The point here is, town teams are one of the core indicators for HS success. It's common sense. Based on what I know, several of the teams mentioned here will be contending for LIC's and beyond in a few years. Anybody want to dispute that? If so, history has proven you wrong, many times over. Any other teams to add to the list??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Suffolk:

1. BBP
2. ESM
3. SWR
4. Commack

Big fall off after that.

Should be in that order.

Oh... I don't know, Nassau dad. Do you know what kind of talent SWR has at this age?? The three top offensive players on Taz are from SWR. And, has your team ever played ESM?? I didn't think so. One gritty bunch! BTW, your "supplemental" list of teams... stop embarrassing yourself. They are all B teams, at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Spring is approaching and the town teams tournaments will be starting up. I feel the town team tournaments are a good barometer on How the HS teams will do down the road. I know some of the town teams grab from surrounding towns but what town teams stand out?

For Suffolk:

1. BBP
2. ESM
3. SWR
4. Commack

Big fall off after that.

Should be in that order.

Oh... I don't know, Nassau dad. Do you know what kind of talent SWR has at this age?? The three top offensive players on Taz are from SWR. And, has your team ever played ESM?? I didn't think so. One gritty bunch! BTW, your "supplemental" list of teams... stop embarrassing yourself. They are all B teams, at best.

there are also other contenders BBP , 3v , and . Sachem East merged with North . They will become much more competitive this season. which will be good to see . All to prepare for HS

Page 80 of 101 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard