BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook women's lax is such a great story. Spallina has that team as prepared as any team ever. Like him or not, he wins at every level, as a player, pro coach, club coach, HS, d2, and now this. It's the only LI team that can win a division 1 title! I have zero ties to any of this, except being a lax fan and I am rooting for that team to win it all.

Great coach that always lives on the edge with the in game rules. If he was at Florida he would have 2 National Titles. Amazing that he is doing it with a team that is 95% from LI. The 3 years before he got there they won 3 or 4 games per year and in his 1st year with some D2 transfer players he jumped to 14 wins. All this at a lousy college campus but good lacrosse facilities

You are amazed that he's doing it with 95% li girls? where are you from? i'm not from li, but name one other area besides baltimore that is even close.

But everyone on LI wants to go away to school and very few from other parts of the country want to come. Who has it easier UNC, Maryland, Penn State, Florida etc.... They get kids wanting to play there from all 50 states

LI kids would rather go to CT to play average lacrosse at Fairfield, Sacred Heart or Quinnipiac then stay home

Not the good ones...

Of course the good ones. Only a couple of players want to stay at SB and usually because they can’t afford the other schools and the travel back and forth. Please don’t tell me about scholarships for lax either. My daughter plays at a mid major and has friends at majors. Not helpful for the SB girls coming out of HS.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
StonyBrook is lucky they don't have Hofstra on there schedule this Year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are using lacrosse for anything other than to gain admission to a top ten, you’re a fool. Nobody cares about lacrosse except the parents. My daughter catches and throws, and scores just fine. Having the choice between Maryland and a top 10, only an stunad would choose Maryland. You have to look at the long term benefit. If you gain admission to a top 10, you’ve already won the National Championship. Now if you’re second tier academically, and are a great lax player, then a Maryland or Stonybrook would be the way to go.

My kid cant get in to Stanford and i'm jealous. I can't believe there are clowns on here brave enough to actually put lacrosse over academics without linking the two. You can think it dad but don't say it out loud. It's embarrassing to the entire sport

You are all a bunch of morons.To say someone is an stunad because they picked MD over a top 10 school is short sighted at best and ignorant at worst. There are many things that go into picking a school and just because US News has a school ranked top 10 does not make it the right choice. Say what you want but a premed 4.0 Zoe Stuckenberg with multiple national championships is going to be just fine compared to your struggling communications daughter at Yale. There are a lot of great schools out there and just because you went to a top 10 school is no guarantee of anything.

If you are using lacrosse for anything other than to gain admission to a top ten, you’re a fool. Nobody cares about lacrosse except the parents. My daughter catches and throws, and scores just fine. Having the choice between Maryland and a top 10, only an stunad would choose Maryland. You have to look at the long term benefit. If you gain admission to a top 10, you’ve already won the National Championship. Now if you’re second tier academically, and are a great lax player, then a Maryland or Stonybrook would be the way to go.

My kid cant get in to Stanford and i'm jealous. I can't believe there are clowns on here brave enough to actually put lacrosse over academics without linking the two. You can think it dad but don't say it out loud. It's embarrassing to the entire sport

You are all a bunch of morons.To say someone is an stunad because they picked MD over a top 10 school is short sighted at best and ignorant at worst. There are many things that go into picking a school and just because US News has a school ranked top 10 does not make it the right choice. Say what you want but a premed 4.0 Zoe Stuckenberg with multiple national championships is going to be just fine compared to your struggling communications daughter at Yale. There are a lot of great schools out there and just because you went to a top 10 school is no guarantee of anything.

Keep telling yourself that.....lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a question for all you Stanford lovers, If Stanford is so much better than every other school, and you and your daughters are so much smarter than the rest of us, why do you care what we think? According to you, you and your daughters are living the dream, at the best school in the world, having a kid so much smarter than the rest of us, probably better marriages then the rest of us, why do you care? So your daughters team got crushed by a bunch of 3rd rate neanderthals and they can barley throw or catch. I mean really, look at those decision making skills they posses, flawless almost 5 out of a hundred times. Who cares they don't have enough dexterity to complete a pass to a girl 5 yards away without throwing it out of bounds, there at Stanford, a bastion of liberal idealism where every loser is really a winner because some magazine says so, and there is no way you spent all that money so your daughter will become my barista like so many other top 10 school grads. You just keep telling yourself that there is no way any of our daughters will be nearly as successful as your little princess because your princess has a better name on the top of a piece of paper and that makes her better. nme7vy (I put that in so you can continue to feel superior to me, you obviously need that)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a dope . You seem like the typical [ChillLaxin] who looks down on people because you used to get beat up a lot in high school , get over it .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLEASE, go crawl back into your Hofstra hole, you will not be playing any meaningful games come May

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw Hofstra today v Wagner and live this fall. Yikes. Not very good. Could be better, but obviously coaches doing them no favors. Please don’t mention them competing with SB or even well with mid majors. Should beat Wagner by more than 10 and won by 5 unimpressively.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a question for all you Stanford lovers, If Stanford is so much better than every other school, and you and your daughters are so much smarter than the rest of us, why do you care what we think? According to you, you and your daughters are living the dream, at the best school in the world, having a kid so much smarter than the rest of us, probably better marriages then the rest of us, why do you care? So your daughters team got crushed by a bunch of 3rd rate neanderthals and they can barley throw or catch. I mean really, look at those decision making skills they posses, flawless almost 5 out of a hundred times. Who cares they don't have enough dexterity to complete a pass to a girl 5 yards away without throwing it out of bounds, there at Stanford, a bastion of liberal idealism where every loser is really a winner because some magazine says so, and there is no way you spent all that money so your daughter will become my barista like so many other top 10 school grads. You just keep telling yourself that there is no way any of our daughters will be nearly as successful as your little princess because your princess has a better name on the top of a piece of paper and that makes her better. nme7vy (I put that in so you can continue to feel superior to me, you obviously need that)

Yawn....😴

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big barn burner with Wagner today ! I was at Hofstra vs SB last year at Hofstra with my daughter Top Gun team the half time score was 17-0 personally think this is a big year for HU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look for Spalina to jump to Hofstra for a big pay raise in the next year or two. Shannon wont make it much longer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yawn....😴
can your overly intelligent self hither quote button again? 3 times isn't enough. For a person that thinks there smarter than everyone on this site, you can't even figure out how to post. By the way is that your best [ChillLaxin] or are you just taking my advice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add Insanity to the list of negative self destructive emotions, behavior, thoughts or mental state that many of you display on this site. The bitterness, jealousy, hate and insanity that comes through would be funny if it were not so sad. I'm guessing that it is the same lunatics that try to tear down Stanford then go after Hofstra all in some sick effort to elevate a school like Stony Brook. Honestly, what is wrong with you people? Many of you simply can not let your daughters abilities speak for it self. Be happy for your daughter wherever she is athletically and academically. Do any of you realize how crazy you sound?

"No need to go to Stanford, an Ivy or Duke. The education is just as good at XYZ State". "Your kid plays at Hofstra? They aren't even Top 30, what a waste of time". "She is going where, UNC? She will never see the field". "How did they pick those girls for UA? My daughter is way better, it must be political". "Those IL Rankings are a joke. My daughter is just as deserving". "Lacrosse is a dead end sport, what did she get a 5K scholarship? We went DIII because academics are more important to us". "ND stinks". "Northwestern is terrible". "Florida will never win". "I told you they were overrated, see they lost, they stink".

Look at reality. The top schools are the top schools for a reason, whether it be academically or athletically. Same can be said for the student athletes and all of your bashing will not change reality.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Ok. We've beaten the Stanford vs. the rest of the world argument to death. Lets put it to rest and get back to college womens lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it Spallina leaving, but not to Hofstra. Big time mens program, wait and see. more $$$$$$$$$$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it Spallina leaving, but not to Hofstra. Big time mens program, wait and see. more $$$$$$$$$$$.

While it is entirely possible, let's not forget he just signed a new contract with SB, and the AD loves him which means he gets carte blanche to do whatever he wants. If the men's program is more prestigious then I would say he'd absolutely go but otherwise, I doubt it. He's got it too good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Nagle finally getting the boot? Was embarrassed for him last weekend when he had no answer for Penn State. SB Men’s can do better with Spallina in charge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to start new program at big school ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While it is entirely possible, let's not forget he just signed a new contract with SB, and the AD loves him which means he gets carte blanche to do whatever he wants. If the men's program is more prestigious then I would say he'd absolutely go but otherwise, I doubt it. He's got it too good.

He will take over the men’s program at Stonybrook and try to attract better 91 players to turn the program around. It has been going downhill for a while. Will be a win win. He can recruit his own kids and stay in his new house.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has to be a big school making cash with football and hoops. Lax makes very little if anything for these schools except adding some prestige to the overall athletic program. He already makes almost $200k which is a lot on the womens side. Most of the coaches are $40-$70k. People forget he won with men already. He wins everywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has to be a big school making cash with football and hoops. Lax makes very little if anything for these schools except adding some prestige to the overall athletic program. He already makes almost $200k which is a lot on the womens side. Most of the coaches are $40-$70k. People forget he won with men already. He wins everywhere

Easy there, winning at D2 compared to D1 is comparing apples to oranges. Different level all together. With that said he will never t leave Long Island so Stonybrook Men’s would be a logical step. Still don’t see that program going anywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He will double that at big time mens program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY Lizards HC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adelphi with an early loss to Florida Southern. These [2] teams have trading wins last few years including the last two years for the D2 championship. Nice rivalry going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't schools like Stanford, most Ivy's, Bucknell, Villanova, Richmond, Ohio State, Rutgers etc... Be more competitive? There are a lot of great schools that would be the right fit for a lot of kids yet they can't find a way to field a competitive team.

Is it coaching or is there simply not enough talent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is not leaving Long Island, he wants his own kids in a lax hotbed, and he is highly involved in their lax teams. He kids are all part of very talented teams that would be impossible to replicate anywhere else at this point. Not to mention the Assoc. Head is interviewing for head spots now (late fall), she would just stay if JS was leaving and take over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't schools like Stanford, most Ivy's, Bucknell, Villanova, Richmond, Ohio State, Rutgers etc... Be more competitive? There are a lot of great schools that would be the right fit for a lot of kids yet they can't find a way to field a competitive team.

You just mentioned two completely different levels of lacrosse. Rutgers and Stanford don’t belong with the rest, not to mention Penn and Princeton are Ivy’s and two of the better programs in the country, so what are you saying? By the way Ohio St, Rutgers and Richmond are far from great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comes down to coaching, not enough quality head coaches. It takes a lot to run a program, a lot more than just x's and o's. Just look at how much SS has struggled with the learning curve. She can coach kids and make their skills and knowledge of the game better, but that is less than half of it. Its the fund raising, managing personnel, planning travel, etc. All can be overwhelming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comes down to coaching, not enough
quality head coaches. It takes a lot to run a program, a lot more than just x's and o's. Just look at how much SS has struggled with the learning curve. She can coach kids and make their skills and knowledge of the game better, but that is less than half of it. Its the fund raising, managing personnel, planning travel, etc. All can be overwhelming.

Obviously another hater attempting to set a narrative and promote an agenda. Go away troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stonybrook is done after this year. He has a special group of girls. Unfortunately they’ll come up short in the end. He did as much as he could for that program. Will now try to elevate the mens program to a top 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just mentioned two completely different levels of lacrosse
. Rutgers and Stanford don’t belong with the rest, not to mention Penn and Princeton are Ivy’s and two of the better programs in the country, so what are you saying? By the way Ohio St, Rutgers and Richmond are far from great schools.

Yes, Penn and Princeton are Ivy's and they have great programs. I said most Ivy's are not very competitive. Although Rutgers and Stanford are more competitive than Bucknell and Vilanova they are not as competitive as they should be. I was not talking only about academics, I was talking great fit for many students.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comes down to coaching, not enough
quality head coaches. It takes a lot to run a program, a lot more than just x's and o's. Just look at how much SS has struggled with the learning curve. She can coach kids and make their skills and knowledge of the game better, but that is less than half of it. Its the fund raising, managing personnel, planning travel, etc. All can be overwhelming.

Obviously another hater attempting to set a narrative and promote an agenda. Go away troll.

Not sure its a troll, sounds pretty accurate to me. There is a real shortage of really good coaches out there both in college and club. Just because you played doesn't make you a good coach. Most of these teams win in spite of their coaches based on the skill and athleticism of their players. SB went from 3 wins to 14 overnight with Spalina and he wins everywhere he's been. Florida and others can't break through because they don't have a coach that can take exceptional players to the next level in tight situations. The sport doesn't pay very well so unless you get to the top quickly many potential good coaches aren't staying in the 24 hour rat race and endless relocation. The other things that stop teams from jumping up is the players. Once you get outside the top tier of nationally recruited women, the sport is very balanced with talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just mentioned two completely different levels of lacrosse
. Rutgers and Stanford don’t belong with the rest, not to mention Penn and Princeton are Ivy’s and two of the better programs in the country, so what are you saying? By the way Ohio St, Rutgers and Richmond are far from great schools.

Yes, Penn and Princeton are Ivy's and they have great programs. I said most Ivy's are not very competitive. Although Rutgers and Stanford are more competitive than Bucknell and Vilanova they are not as competitive as they should be. I was not talking only about academics, I was talking great fit for many students.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comes down to coaching, not enough quality head coaches. It takes a lot to run a program, a lot more than just x's and o's. Just look at how much SS has struggled with the learning curve. She can coach kids and make their skills and knowledge of the game better, but that is less than half of it. Its the fund raising, managing personnel, planning travel, etc. All can be overwhelming.

It's called an Athletic Director - they make schedules, plan travel and deal with almost all administrative stuff. If there's one thing SS can do its raise money, what she can't do is evaluate talent and/or recruit it when she stumbles into it. all you've heard for the last several years is the her players don't want to play for her, but are stuck there. Seems to be the exact opposite at SB...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comes down to coaching, not enough quality head
coaches. It takes a lot to run a program, a lot more than just x's and o's. Just look at how much SS has struggled with the learning curve. She can coach kids and make their skills and knowledge of the game better, but that is less than half of it. Its the fund raising, managing personnel, planning travel, etc. All can be overwhelming.

It's called an Athletic Director - they make schedules, plan travel and deal with almost all administrative stuff. If there's one thing SS can do its raise money, what she can't do is evaluate talent and/or recruit it when she stumbles into it. all you've heard for the last several years is the her players don't want to play for her, but are stuck there. Seems to be the exact opposite at SB...

Go away [ChillLaxin].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is Spallinas last shot to win championship, Super stars are graduating, Big fall off after this year. He knows it and looking to try something on the mens side and double his salary, that someone has mentioned above is at 200K.. 500K to coach mens team, at Hofstra or SB. ????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boston College looks deep, 18 reminds me of Rix and Apuzzo is nasty. Can they beat UNC this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comes down to coaching, not enough quality head coaches. It takes a lot to run a program, a lot more than just x's and o's. Just look at how
much SS has struggled with the learning curve. She can coach kids and make their skills and knowledge of the game better, but that is less than half of it. Its the fund raising, managing personnel, planning travel, etc. All can be overwhelming.

JS is very successful but his players are not exactly thrilled to be playing for him either. Let’s just say he can be a real task master and is not easy on them unless you are one of the chosen ones and I hear even reducing some scholorships along the way .Not sure how some get away with it but NCAA rules in terms of practice times ,length, days in a row etc are just suggestions .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boston College looks deep, 18 reminds me of Rix and Apuzzo is nasty. Can they beat UNC this year?

Possibly, But they still stink, if Spallina had this team, they'd have won 5 trophies. I dont get why people from LI go here and not SB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they can’t beat UNC this year they probably never will. UNC has been starting 5 or so freshmen and another 2-3 who never started an NCAA game prior to this year .As far as BC being deep , they are never deep and run their offense generally thru 2-3 girls .I will still take UNC this year but should be a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB is done after this year. As good as KO is, she can’t do it alone. JS far from dumb and knows this. If he doesn’t move on, he’ll crash and burn along with his kids who depend on daddy-o for their success.

Page 4 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard