BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is on a 2024 team with several hold backs. He is a very good player but see's limited opportunities, because of the presence of the older players. His growth is being limited, as a result. But, he is on a good team, with good coaches, and I see value in that. I know that there are many other parents in the same situation. Just wondering how other parents are dealing with this.

It would kill you if your son also saw limited opportunities on the 2025 team as well. It's not out of the question because some of these 2025 are better than the 2024s. Your son's limited playing time is not because of holdbacks. Trust me. I have coached the game for years.

If he is not playing ..because the player satrting are held back, what would you call that?? His parent said that it was holdbacks that were ahead of him?? And that he was just behind them. Give him another year and he is better than those holdbacks it sounds like to me.

Not sure what you are coaching or where,,,but holdbacks are prevalent and hold many starting positions in MD now a days. Its a fact
I have the same problem . My son plays the trumpet, but does not get the seat beacause of holdbacks .

Only a parent of a heldback player would make that remark. Dont worry, your heldback older son knows he has advantage others he is playing against dont. Apple doesnt drop far from the tree

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a 2024 team with several hold backs. He is a very good player but see's limited opportunities, because of the presence of the older players. His growth is being limited, as a result. But, he is on a good team, with good coaches, and I see value in that. I know that there are many other parents in the same situation. Just wondering how other parents are dealing with this.

It would kill you if your son also saw limited opportunities on the 2025 team as well. It's not out of the question because some of these 2025 are better than the 2024s. Your son's limited playing time is not because of holdbacks. Trust me. I have coached the game for years.

If he is not playing ..because the player satrting are held back, what would you call that?? His parent said that it was holdbacks that were ahead of him?? And that he was just behind them. Give him another year and he is better than those holdbacks it sounds like to me.

Not sure what you are coaching or where,,,but holdbacks are prevalent and hold many starting positions in MD now a days. Its a fact
I have the same problem . My son plays the trumpet, but does not get the seat beacause of holdbacks .

Only a parent of a heldback player would make that remark. Dont worry, your heldback older son knows he has advantage others he is playing against dont. Apple doesnt drop far from the tree
you people are so full of excuses. An athlete is and athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly watching my 12 year old 7th grader play 15 year old 8th graders is ridiculous. When we were kids this was unheard of, my wife didn’t turn 15 until 10th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly watching my 12 year old 7th grader play 15 year old 8th graders is ridiculous. When we were kids this was unheard of, my wife didn’t turn 15 until 10th grade.

12 year old 7th grader?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What grade should he be in? He turns 13 in March

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

12 year old 7th grader?

Most 7th graders are 12

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you people are so full of excuses. An athlete is and athlete.

And you holdback apologists have no shame in ruining YOUTH lacrosse. Yea those 4 grade kids sure are true blue athletes. They should easily compete against fifth graders,,oops I mean 5th graders that should be 6th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. On long island 7th graders are 12 going on 13. I know its hard to believe outside of new York.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What grade should he be in? He turns 13 in March

Shouldn’t he de playing 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My fifth grade 11 year old plays 2025. Is he in the correct year based club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer is yes.
2025 = 10/11 year old
2024= 11/12
2023= 12/13
2022= 13/14

Not a difficult concept

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elite hoco
2023 15
2024 14
2025 waiting to hold back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elite hoco
2023 15
2024 14
2025 waiting to hold back

That explains why they had to move the 2022 games to Saturdays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it’s such an easy concept, why do so many parents sign their kids up for the wrong team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is his birthday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it’s such an easy concept, why do so many parents sign their kids up for the wrong team?

To get an advantage that holdbacks are getting now. If you are thinking of holding your child back in 7th or do a PG after 12th later in his lacrosse career...he should play one grade below what he is in now. Its only fair to him and his future team.

Frankly I say let all players play down a grade if they want, seems like the right thing to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To get an advantage that holdbacks are getting now. If you are thinking of holding your child back in 7th or do a PG after 12th later in his lacrosse career...he should play one grade below what he is in now. Its only fair to him and his future team.

Frankly I say let all players play down a grade if they want, seems like the right thing to do.

The only thing wrong with your advice is logic. If all players play down a grade then there is no longer an advantage. However, I do not think there should be an advantage. Read any post in any region on all of these topics and everyone knows it is wrong to have kids play down. If a player is already a grade back in school then fine he should play in the grade he is in. Why any parent would even think of signing a player up in the wrong category is beyond me. Why even call the group 2024 if a player who is currently in 7th grade is allowed to play on a 6th grade team?

This is not far from the truth but very funny!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkU0S00W4yM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're high...if they want...you are out of your mind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about play on age and don't be laxers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a league or tournament has grade based teams, there's no age consideration. If you don't like it, don't play in that league or tournaments.

Please don't be whiners like the LI stunads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a league or tournament has grade based teams, there's no age consideration. If you don't like it, don't play in that league or tournaments.

Fine if you are actually in the grade but not the grade you might be in because you plan to repeat 12th grade. That is cheating and stupid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fine if you are actually in the grade but not the grade you might be in because you plan to repeat 12th grade. That is cheating and stupid

Using this logic why not register two grades below or three?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That logic is used. Ever played Edge? They play down because their kids plan to PG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the Madlax holdback dad. Madlax 2024. King of all holdback teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats the big deal. Let them play down a grade. Especially if they plan on doing a PG or reclass. It will make everyone stronger. If you dont agree, you need to hit the wall and quick whining! I find it entertaining that people who dont mind already holdbacks/prefirsts complaining about future holdbacks.reclass.PG's?? Hilarious. Tell your child to hit the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My fifth grade 11 year old plays 2025. Is he in the correct year based club?

When is his birthday?

[/quote
Birthday is Fall, so he’ll be 11 for the entire season and summer. It’s always the same we show up to games, and the kids look like high schoolers. Getting worse in football. Just can’t figure out who beating the tar out of little kids is helping. I think the dads

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats the big deal. Let them play down a grade. Especially if they plan on doing a PG or reclass. It will make everyone stronger. If you dont agree, you need to hit the wall and quick whining! I find it entertaining that people who dont mind already holdbacks/prefirsts complaining about future holdbacks.reclass.PG's?? Hilarious. Tell your child to hit the wall.

While I am hitting the wall, I hope your continue your night classes in grammar at the community college. A GED is not out of reach for you. By the way, I think I can dominate a bunch of 6th grader players already as I am older, bigger, and more experienced but I will hit the wall just in case. Also, my son is doing just fine but he will continue to hit the wall as well. The point of BOTC is to discuss issues such as this. I would like to clarify your position. First, US Lacrosse segments are based on age. In many "rec" leagues that use age based grouping, it is possible for a 6th grade player born in August to play 14U with an 8th grade player. This 8th grade player may be over 6' but that is the rule, a parent who signs up agrees to play within this rule. The HOCO league is grade based. The organizers set up divisions by grade. The logical assumption is that if a player is in 6th grade, he should sign up to play 2024, if he is in 5th grade 2025, and 7th grade 2023. If a player started school early or repeated a grade in school, the player should play in the grade that they are currently enrolled regardless of DOB. As you indicate it is not age based. However, the segmentation implies that players play based on the grade they are currently enrolled in not what they may or may not do in the future. What you suggest is that when registering for a club tryout (usually in August for most clubs) parents should ignore the club website and register for a grade below the current grade. The club usually indicates prior to tryouts if they plan to play in the HOCO spring league. Therefore at this time you are knowingly ignoring the rule as posted by HOCO organizers. This is called cheating. Games will still be held this spring and the kids will enjoy lacrosse and get better. You are advocating on an anonymous website that cheating is what you suggest. I am simply pointing this out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there is an easy answer. Negate the holdback/prefirst parents who are attempting to gain an advantage for their kids (not all, but plenty are doing it for that very reason) by signing up for your club's team that best fits your son's "physical" age. Birthday doesn't matter, nor does school year. Remember, it's not a "grade based" system, but rather a "graduation year" system. All you have to do is be willing to consider re-classing/PG/holdback in the future to meet the requirement of picking your son's graduation. Then the parents who want physical parity will get it and the holdbacks will lose their advantage, and there's nothing they can do to stop it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there is an easy answer. Negate the holdback/prefirst parents who are attempting to gain an advantage for their kids (not all, but plenty are doing it for that very reason) by signing up for your club's team that best fits your son's "physical" age. Birthday doesn't matter, nor does school year. Remember, it's not a "grade based" system, but rather a "graduation year" system. All you have to do is be willing to consider re-classing/PG/holdback in the future to meet the requirement of picking your son's graduation. Then the parents who want physical parity will get it and the holdbacks will lose their advantage, and there's nothing they can do to stop it.

Perfect! Everyone who wants to play down and thinks they should is allowed . Much better than what they have now which allows mainly private school players an advantage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I am hitting the wall, I hope your continue your night classes in grammar at the community college. A GED is not out of reach for you. By the way, I think I can dominate a bunch of 6th grader players already as I am older, bigger, and more experienced but I will hit the wall just in case. Also, my son is doing just fine but he will continue to hit the wall as well. The point of BOTC is to discuss issues such as this. I would like to clarify your position. First, US Lacrosse segments are based on age. In many "rec" leagues that use age based grouping, it is possible for a 6th grade player born in August to play 14U with an 8th grade player. This 8th grade player may be over 6' but that is the rule, a parent who signs up agrees to play within this rule. The HOCO league is grade based. The organizers set up divisions by grade. The logical assumption is that if a player is in 6th grade, he should sign up to play 2024, if he is in 5th grade 2025, and 7th grade 2023. If a player started school early or repeated a grade in school, the player should play in the grade that they are currently enrolled regardless of DOB. As you indicate it is not age based. However, the segmentation implies that players play based on the grade they are currently enrolled in not what they may or may not do in the future. What you suggest is that when registering for a club tryout (usually in August for most clubs) parents should ignore the club website and register for a grade below the current grade. The club usually indicates prior to tryouts if they plan to play in the HOCO spring league. Therefore at this time you are knowingly ignoring the rule as posted by HOCO organizers. This is called cheating. Games will still be held this spring and the kids will enjoy lacrosse and get better. You are advocating on an anonymous website that cheating is what you suggest. I am simply pointing this out.

Who said anything about cheating?? Only You. I want the same advantage little private school johnny gets for ALL players. You want an advantage for a select few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming ‘‘tihis post is not a joke, which is hard to do, this could be the dumbest post of all time on this site. And that’s saying a lot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How prevalent are prep school kids in club lacrosse in the MD region?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously are not from Md and involved in lacrosse. Top clubs are full of private school kids from McD, BL,St P, LB, etc, etc.. Look at what many consider one of the top club Crabs, all the teams are Loaded! The 2018 senior team has ONE public school player,,ONE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE REST SHOULD BE IN COLLEGE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously are not from Md and involved in lacrosse. Top clubs are full of private school kids from McD, BL,St P, LB, etc, etc.. Look at what many consider one of the top club Crabs, all the teams are Loaded! The 2018 senior team has ONE public school player,,ONE

According to the website it is three but do not let that get in the way of your point. Also 20 from 2018 playing in College

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats a no brainer. They are MIAA-A players which means one out of every 10 is on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats a no brainer. They are MIAA-A players which means one out of every 10 is on age.

Wow. Complete abuse of the system. Shameful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Complete abuse of the system. Shameful.

Quit moaning and hit the wall!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you bitches come down to MD the next 2 weekends to play us? Yeah, we know why. Scared of MADLAX 2024.

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard