BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Under Armour 150? Did anyone participate last year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Did invited go out yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did invited go out yet?

Waste of time. Try out for your regional All American UA team, that’s the real deal. Invitational events are a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did invited go out yet?

Were sent already. It was well run, very few top 25 DI lacrosse schools in attendance so if that is your focus I would stay away. If you are looking out side of that and considering DII and DIII might be a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did invited go out yet?

Were sent already. It was well run, very few top 25 DI lacrosse schools in attendance so if that is your focus I would stay away. If you are looking out side of that and considering DII and DIII might be a good fit.

There was only 16 coaches there last year. It is a complete waste of time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invites go out tomorrow - maybe someone is special

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone got invited last year. Correct on lack of coaches. Nice school where games were played but no way was this a recruiting event. ASU and Towson only D1 coaches that were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No invites went out yet. Troublemaker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And how many coaches were at Nike 120? This event was right after the rule change but coaches were definitely watching games this fall...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame was at UA150 so was Hopkins

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone got invited last year. Correct on lack of coaches. Nice school where games were played but no way was this a recruiting event. ASU and Towson only D1 coaches that were there.

Not everyone was invited. My daughter knew a number of girls, some were teammates and some from other clubs, who weren't selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not everyone was invited. My daughter knew a number of girls, some were teammates and some from other clubs, who weren't selected.

The invite process is a joke. They start off with entire rosters of the top clubs top teams, then fan out from there, then send deadlines and more and more rounds of invitations until the thing is sold out. What you should be looking at instead is.... who is not going, that was invited, that says a lot about the events like this. Of all these events the only one I know that the top players from the top clubs show up to is the Nike 120. And that event may have crapped itself last year with the rule change and the college coaches taking a bye-year (or 2?).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waste of money this year. Technically a waste of money for next year too. If you are interested in a school that will be in attendance, go to their camp. UA150 is a joke with the new recruiting rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The invite process is a joke. They start off with entire rosters of the top clubs top teams, then fan out from there, then send deadlines and more and more rounds of invitations until the thing is sold out. What you should be looking at instead is.... who is not going, that was invited, that says a lot about the events like this. Of all these events the only one I know that the top players from the top clubs show up to is the Nike 120. And that event may have crapped itself last year with the rule change and the college coaches taking a bye-year (or 2?).

I was told in an email from the Nike Elite 120 director that they only sent out first wave invitations to girls that participated last summer. No new invites. Frustrating for those that didn't go last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was told in an email from the Nike Elite 120 director that they only sent out first wave invitations to girls that participated last summer. No new invites. Frustrating for those that didn't go last year.

Depending on the vote for new NCAA guidelines in April, This may be the big year for 21's at Nike 120. If they move the communication to Soph year, it will be. They run the event for two age groups, the first eligible year is the most competitive girls showing up. By the second year, most highly recruited players are committed, but it is still a good opportunity for the girls because the coaches will be there, or at least should be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike 120 and UA150 were in same boat last year. UA acceptances rolling out now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both are a waste of $. Your kid will get noticed in tournaments if they are good enough. Save the thousand bucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike 120 and UA150 were in same boat last year. UA acceptances rolling out now.

The 8 or so players we knew from last year all did not apply again this year, zero.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not the case, girls who didn't go last year received invites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well for those not lucky enough to be invited to Nike 120, is UA150 a viable option ? are people who did it last year doing it again ? It's very expensive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well for those not lucky enough to be invited to Nike 120, is UA150 a viable option ? are people who did it last year doing it again ? It's very expensive.

Both Nike and UA were a waste last year. The girls that attended Nike last year were invited back automatically this year. Many are not going. The UA invites went out yesterday. Many not going to that this year either. They are both very expensive. I certainly am not paying for either this year. If coaches actually come this year maybe I will reconsider for next year. That money is much better spent taking your daughter to camps, 7v7s, 5v5s, etc at schools she is interested in. The coaches will see them play all summer in tournaments. There is no coaching going on at the Nike and UA event. They are just playing games for 2 days. It's a good concept and made sense when girls were being recruited in 8th and 9th grade. But it's just not worth it now that you have til Junior year to figure things out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both Nike and UA were a waste last year. The girls that attended Nike last year were invited back automatically this year. Many are not going. The UA invites went out yesterday. Many not going to that this year either. They are both very expensive. I certainly am not paying for either this year. If coaches actually come this year maybe I will reconsider for next year. That money is much better spent taking your daughter to camps, 7v7s, 5v5s, etc at schools she is interested in. The coaches will see them play all summer in tournaments. There is no coaching going on at the Nike and UA event. They are just playing games for 2 days. It's a good concept and made sense when girls were being recruited in 8th and 9th grade. But it's just not worth it now that you have til Junior year to figure things out.

Exactly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flat out wrong on that. With the new contact rule most likely going into effect, this summer will be the prime opportunity for 2021’s at the 120. The following year most of the top 2021s will be off the table.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flat out wrong on that. With the new contact rule most likely going into effect, this summer will be the prime opportunity for 2021’s at the 120. The following year most of the top 2021s will be off the table.

Not if the same number of coaches show up. They are asking you to pay a lot of money for an event and cannot tell you what coaches will be there. So few coches last year compared to prior years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say its worth a roll of the dice, the Coaches plan to vote again in April to move first contact to September of Sophomore year, if that's the case I think you can expect a larger turn out of coaches on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say its worth a roll of the dice, the Coaches plan to vote again in April to move first contact to September of Sophomore year, if that's the case I think you can expect a larger turn out of coaches on the sidelines.

So many of the colleges coaches have set off on their own in terms of the camps/clinics that they don't need to attend UA or Nike anymore. We are constantly being bombarded with emails advertising camps with a half dozen to a dozen coaches attending. Why spend $600 dollars for two days when you can focus your attention on 1 day camps/clinics/5v5 tournaments for a school your daughter is interested in like a previous poster said?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top girls will be playing at the Under Armour Underclass games 10 days prior to UA 150. That's where the top programs will be going and then to G8 and then to the Mid-Atlantic Tournament. Some coaches will come up early for the 150 but don't count on it. The 150 is probably more beneficial for second tier girls at this point that may not have a lot of coaches watching their summer tournament games and won't make their respective UA Underclass teams. There's no reason to spend $600 to play a few games in front of coaches when you do so all summer already. Especially when you have no idea who is coming when you have to pay the registration fee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches have NO vote on this. This is an NCAA issue and vote. Both men's and women's lacrosse have lobbied to maintain their rules as they stand now. Given their success, they are NOT likely to be reversed or changed based on new 'overall' proposal for other 'olympic' and 'non-revenue' sports.

And as an FYI, softball has lobbied the NCAA to do exactly what lacrosse has done. Baseball has significant interest as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches have NO vote on this. This is an NCAA issue and vote. Both men's and women's lacrosse have lobbied to maintain their rules as they stand now. Given their success, they are NOT likely to be reversed or changed based on new 'overall' proposal for other 'olympic' and 'non-revenue' sports.

And as an FYI, softball has lobbied the NCAA to do exactly what lacrosse has done. Baseball has significant interest as well.

Correct. Lacrosse rules aren't changing. No way. No how. They didn't go through all that to change the rules a year later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Division 1 Council met on 1/16-1/17 and published their report 2 weeks ago. At this meeting they modified the proposal for all sports other than football and basketball to match the lacrosse model. The proposal is now for official visits, unofficial visits and recruiting conversations at camps/clinics to begin September 1st of the Junior Year. The proposal originally allowed the unofficial visits and camp recruiting to start September 1 of sophomore year but that was modified at the meeting.

Link to decisions:
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Jan2018DICouncil_Report_20180202.pdf

Sorry to bust ILD's bubble.

So I stand by my stance that UA 150 and Nike 120 are total wastes of money this year. Travel to campuses. Attend prospect days and 7v7s. Allow your daughters to be coached by the college coaches. Let your daughter learn from them and get to know them a little. You don't have to have recruiting conversations to build relationships. Prospect Days, 7v7s, etc cost $50-$150 typically. Camps are less expensive than the combines as well. You can do a lot of those for the $600 each you'd pay for UA or Nike. All of this is much better than the previous model. Take your time and enjoy the process. If the coaches are interested in your daughter they can still let your club or high school coach know. Not sure why the rush. The whole point was to slow things down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Lacrosse rules aren't changing. No way. No how. They didn't go through all that to change the rules a year later.

The NCAA is going to unify all the dates for all sports. Sept. 1 soph year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. They changed the dates for everyone to junior year. See the link I posted. Decision was made a month ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The coaches have NO vote on this. This is an NCAA issue and vote. Both men's and women's lacrosse have lobbied to maintain their rules as they stand now. Given their success, they are NOT likely to be reversed or changed based on new 'overall' proposal for other 'olympic' and 'non-revenue' sports.

Wrong. They changed the dates for everyone to junior year. See the link I posted. Decision was made a month ago.

The following is directly from that report that you posted, so it is not in stone, and will be evaluated. The current rumor is that communication will be allowed sept 1 of Soph year, and verbal offers/commitments cannot be made until Sept 1 of Junior year. This way students will know which schools are interested and have a chance to unofficially visit campuses, thus eliminating the Fall rush and students forgoing their junior year of fall sports. This will be taken up at the April meeting as does most new legislation that go into effect for the next year (August 1 is usually the effective date of new legislation). January meeting is used for clarification and tweaks of changes made in previous April meeting.

Do you even know what phase II is? Get off your high horse, no one likes a know it all, especially when they don't fully read the literature they are quoting.

3) The Student-Athlete Experience Committee will continue its review of
early recruiting issues during the next two years. Phase IB of the review
will include the topics of recruiting communications and offers of aid.
Legislative concepts from Phase IB are expected to be introduced into the
2018-19 legislative cycle. Phase II of the review will include contacts,
evaluations, recruiting calendars, tryouts and camps and clinics. Phase II
legislative concepts will be introduced into the 2019-20 legislative cycle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
also the section after that:

3. The Student-Athlete Experience Committee will continue its review of
early recruiting issues during the next two years. Phase IB of the review
will include the topics of recruiting communications and offers of aid.
Legislative concepts from Phase IB are expected to be introduced into the
2018-19 legislative cycle. Phase II of the review will include contacts,
evaluations, recruiting calendars, tryouts and camps and clinics. Phase II
legislative concepts will be introduced into the 2019-20 legislative cycle

So it looks like they are open to changes in dates and how and when offers are made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of what you posted has anything to do with what is being proposed at the upcoming meeting. Those proposals 2017-112 and 2017-113 were changed to match the lacrosse dates. Those are the proposals going up for vote. No one is saying it can't be reconsidered in the future. But at that point 2021 girls will be juniors anyway.

I know that's the rumor. That's because of the proposal that was made last fall. Those have now been changed and won't have any effect on the class of 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That rumor would surprise me, the NCAA has only ever concerned itself with NLOIs and does not even acknowledge that verbals exist. Verbals are just things made up between coaches and recruits and have no NCAA significance at all. Do they really want to start regulating these things?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we go back to the Under Armour 150? Deadline is this week. Is anyone GOING that went last year ? There are no camps that week that are running at the same time at schools my daughter is interested in so that is not an issue for us. Calibre of player is the issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we go back to the Under Armour 150? Deadline is this week. Is anyone GOING that went last year ? There are no camps that week that are running at the same time at schools my daughter is interested in so that is not an issue for us. Calibre of player is the issue.

If it is a matter of choosing between UA150 and Nike 120, and if she has an invite to Nike, go to that instead all day long. Try out for the UA US regional tournament team, that is 10x better than either 120 or 150.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went last year. Not going back. Decided it wasn't worth 600 plus travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OP re UA 150. No invite to Nike. Will of course try out for UA underclass but no way to know NOW what is status of Underclass into June. We DID attend last year - leaning toward going again. Enjoyed event last year and based on number of coaches seen at fall games for both 2020 and 2021, feel that there will be exposure.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard