BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Northwestrn at Duke

Two teams trying to get back to where they were.

Northwestrn 14 Duke 11

Check that. Fredericks out. Duke freshman attacker is outstanding.

Both teams look fast and athletic. Duke underrated.

Duke looks better but early.

North outstanding. Fredericks in and that game goes to NU. Both those teams are ranked too low. That was a game between two top 10 teams, not 11 and 19. That's why these preseason polls r so bad. Now NU will drop from where there are despite being a top 10 team. Duke will move up, but not nearly as high as they should.

Penn State should be ranked below Duke and NU for example. Will it happen, doubt it.

Agree. Both teams looked very good. love the crisp passing and both teams are athletic and fast.

From what I have seen YTD both Northwestern and Duke are Top 10.

The season is early but I think we have a deeper field than in the past.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestrn at Duke

Two teams trying to get back to where they were.

Northwestrn 14 Duke 11

Check that. Fredericks out. Duke freshman attacker is outstanding.

Both teams look fast and athletic. Duke underrated.

Duke looks better but early.

North outstanding. Fredericks in and that game goes to NU. Both those teams are ranked too low. That was a game between two top 10 teams, not 11 and 19. That's why these preseason polls r so bad. Now NU will drop from where there are despite being a top 10 team. Duke will move up, but not nearly as high as they should.

Penn State should be ranked below Duke and NU for example. Will it happen, doubt it.

I agree extremely well played game. Two top teams Both look much improved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Virginia, Northwestern, Towson, Penn, PSU, Notre Dame, Duke

Too early to pick Top 10 but the 10 listed should certainly be considered. Duke and Northwestern have to be considered as well. Virginia and Penn maybe. I don't think Towson or Penn State are Top 10 at this point. Virginia appears to be improved from last year. Can ND get over the hump. Is there anyone else? Only time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Who will be Tipp Eight at the end? Anyone outside of that list?

Looks like all of the UNC Freshman are starting to come alive!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear
Stony Brook looked strong defensively and on attack. I believe the midfield will ultimately cost them against top teams (USC ranked way too high). This is the year for them to make some noise but I think they are a bit short.

So USC is ranked 5. But they were handled and outplayed everywhere except the draw circle. Can't pick and choose I personally have a daughter that is on a team in the top 10 (not Stoney Brook) saw them play Friday and I think they are better than last year. I will say this in my opinion 4 to 5 teams can win it this year and SB is one of them. Also watched MD and FL neither team plays any type of defense but are offensively gifted.

Agree that Stony Brook has the team this year to compete in championship.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Umm they played Liberty today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Too early to pick Top 10 but the 10 listed should certainly be considered. Duke and Northwestern have to be considered as well. Virginia and Penn maybe. I don't think Towson or Penn State are Top 10 at this point. Virginia appears to be improved from last year. Can ND get over the hump. Is there anyone else? Only time will tell.

NU and Duke top 10. USC no, Navy no. That's for starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always tough early in the season! Usc one good result beating VT and then trailed wire to wire to SB at one point 7 down will learn more this week about them, Notre Dame and NW as they play each other. Also think Stanford bounces back and gives SB all they can handle today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Looks like we are starting to see a little parity (at least with the Top 10 teams). In years past I think the top 4-6 teams were consideribly stronger than the next 5 or 6 teams and then there was another drop off. It is great to see some of the top programs playing each other so early. All of the rankings are really meaningless but fun to see who falls where. I think there will be some very good teams that do not make the final 8 teams this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the fact that teams are scheduling more meaningful games. I believe Northwestern got in with a 10-9 record last year. I'm not arguing for Northwestern but love when teams play tough games. Same in college football is an undefeated UCF the same as a 1 or 2 loss Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State etc

Stony brook has played a UCF type schedule in the past but its getting tougher every year. The problem with Lacrosse is that with slightly more competitive teams picking 8 is really tough once get past the top 4

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Please, no offense to liberty but it was 15-1 at the half so lets not get too excited. Watched the second half and saw some of those Freshmen playing the old high school game , head down run to goal. Will also say I get its college but do you need the best player on the field doing the same thing even after she has scored 5 goals and the team is up by 17, the Tewaaraton committee hopefully realizes there is a difference doing it because your team needs you to and doing it at the expense of making your team better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always tough early in the season! Usc one good result beating VT and then trailed wire to wire to SB at one point 7 down will learn more this week about them, Notre Dame and NW as they play each other. Also think Stanford bounces back and gives SB all they can handle today

Stanford guy is back. Stanford is going to get run off the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the fact that teams are scheduling more meaningful games. I believe Northwestern got in with a 10-9 record last year. I'm not arguing for Northwestern but love when teams play tough games. Same in college football is an undefeated UCF the same as a 1 or 2 loss Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State etc

Stony brook has played a UCF type schedule in the past but its getting tougher every year. The problem with Lacrosse is that with slightly more competitive teams picking 8 is really tough once get past the top 4

Don't think there is a clear top 4 right now.

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Florida
Syracuse
JMU
Navy
Duke
Northwestern
Princeton
North Carolina
USC
Virginia
Penn
Notre Dame

are all pretty strong. After that not sure maybe Towson, Penn State ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford is not a top 25 team. Last year they had an RPI of 35. In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are." For Stanford, that's pretty darn mediocre.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education, mediocre lacrosse. PS, and that's OK!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stanford is not a top 25 team. Last year they had an RPI of 35. In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, "You are what your record says you are." For Stanford, that's pretty darn mediocre.

About as mediocre as Stonybrook is at academics. I’ll take the elite academic school any day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stanford ranked in coaches poll!! Can't deny that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think there is a clear top 4 right now.

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Florida
Syracuse
JMU
Navy
Duke
Northwestern
Princeton
North Carolina
USC
Virginia
Penn
Notre Dame

are all pretty strong. After that not sure maybe Towson, Penn State ?

There are more than four teams that can compete for a championship this year. By the end of the season we will see 10 0r 12 of the teams listed prove that they can compete with the best. Seeding will be crucial to who make the Final Four, This year, getting to the Final Eight is going to be tough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About as mediocre as Stonybrook is at academics. I’ll take the elite academic school any day!

Nobody was talking about the academics. Way to change the argument. "Also think Stanford bounces back and gives SB all they can handle today." That was the quote. Stanford is not only not in the same class as SB lacrosse wise, they are two to three classes below. They look like a mid-tier D1 team in this game. They can barely throw and catch. They r turning it over constantly. This isn't even a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody was talking about the academics. Way to change the argument. "Also think Stanford bounces back and gives SB all they can handle today." That was the quote. Stanford is not only not in the same class as SB lacrosse wise, they are two to three classes below. They look like a mid-tier D1 team in this game. They can barely throw and catch. They r turning it over constantly. This isn't even a game.
That is very true, ball constantly on the ground for "the Cardinal". But I have to add this..... a few months ago there was a prolonged argument about coaches taking taller players over better lax IQ, this game proves why you take the IQ over size. The Stanford girls are much bigger, but it really doesn't matter because they can't catch , and continually throw bad passes. Also, in my opinion, Stanford being a good school for the west coast, not near an Ivy no matter how much they want to be, also not as good as Duke , the Hop, B.C. etc.... Not to mention S.B. is a very good teaching hospital. By the way I hate Spallina.7w9ztk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is very true, ball constantly on the ground for "the Cardinal". But I have to add this..... a few months ago there was a prolonged argument about coaches taking taller players over better lax IQ, this game proves why you take the IQ over size. The Stanford girls are much bigger, but it really doesn't matter because they can't catch , and continually throw bad passes. Also, in my opinion, Stanford being a good school for the west coast, not near an Ivy no matter how much they want to be, also not as good as Duke , the Hop, B.C. etc.... Not to mention S.B. is a very good teaching hospital. By the way I hate Spallina.7w9ztk

Ummm...Stanford is ranked #5 nationally best universities. Is Stonybrook even in top 100?There is no future in lacrosse. Are you people not seeing how dopey you are??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will add that SB is having trouble on the draw again. Draws are relatively even in this game. In a game where SB is clearly the better team, just like against USC, they are not doing as well on the draw. This is going to bite them if they can't fix it come tournament time. Stanford will not make NCAAs. Not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“That is very true, ball constantly on the ground for "the Cardinal". But I have to add this..... a few months ago there was a prolonged argument about coaches taking taller players over better lax IQ, this game proves why you take the IQ over size. The Stanford girls are much bigger, but it really doesn't matter because they can't catch , and continually throw bad passes. Also, in my opinion, Stanford being a good school for the west coast, not near an Ivy no matter how much they want to be, also not as good as Duke , the Hop, B.C. etc.... Not to mention S.B. is a very good teaching hospital. By the way I hate Spallina.7w9ztk”

Put the bottle down. Was never a discussion about taking taller players over better lax IQ, which by the way is not mutually exclusive .To even compare BC and Stanford academically let alone say BC is better tells me you are clueless about Stanford .Glad to see you included the image verification in your post, again don’t drink and post it never works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Please, no offense to liberty but it was 15-1 at the half so lets not get too excited. Watched the second half and saw some of those Freshmen playing the old high school game , head down run to goal. Will also say I get its college but do you need the best player on the field doing the same thing even after she has scored 5 goals and the team is up by 17, the Tewaaraton committee hopefully realizes there is a difference doing it because your team needs you to and doing it at the expense of making your team better.[/quote]

I noticed that some of the UNC freshman didn't even play - injured or recruited too early and aren't cutting it? I wonder?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody was talking about the academics. Way to change the argument. "Also think Stanford bounces back and gives SB all they can handle today." That was the quote. Stanford is not only not in the same class as SB lacrosse wise, they are two to three classes below. They look like a mid-tier D1 team in this game. They can barely throw and catch. They r turning it over constantly. This isn't even a game. [/quote]That is very true, ball constantly on the ground for "the Cardinal". But I have to add this..... a few months ago there was a prolonged argument about coaches taking taller players over better lax IQ, this game proves why you take the IQ over size. The Stanford girls are much bigger, but it really doesn't matter because they can't catch , and continually throw bad passes. Also, in my opinion, Stanford being a good school for the west coast, not near an Ivy no matter how much they want to be, also not as good as Duke , the Hop, B.C. etc.... Not to mention S.B. is a very good teaching hospital. By the way I hate Spallina.7w9ztk[/quote]

Ummm...Stanford is ranked #5 nationally best universities. Is Stonybrook even in top 100?There is no future in lacrosse. Are you people not seeing how dopey you are??
[/quote]

Ummm...This is a lacrosse site, where we discuss lacrosse. And Stanford is not very good. Sorry that bothers you so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook women's lax is such a great story. Spallina has that team as prepared as any team ever. Like him or not, he wins at every level, as a player, pro coach, club coach, HS, d2, and now this. It's the only LI team that can win a division 1 title! I have zero ties to any of this, except being a lax fan and I am rooting for that team to win it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of like how the Stonybrook girls can barely crack a 1100 on their SAT? At least the the SB girls are good at saying “yes boss”, that will come in handy later in life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of like how the Stonybrook girls can barely crack a 1100 on their SAT? At least the the SB girls are good at saying “yes boss”, that will come in handy later in life

Ahhh. The guy that was talking big stuff about Stanford lax, only to realize they stink. Funny. And this guys brilliant Stanford daughter is taking Science, Technology and the World. You know, the major that the football guys also take. Such a funny thing that this guy thinks the Stanford lax players have anything close to the actual qualifications to get into the school. Very funny. Which one of the ball droppers was ur kid? What a combination: not so smart, a bad lacrosse player, and an inflated ego. Funny, but also sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook women's lax is such a great story. Spallina has that team as prepared as any team ever. Like him or not, he wins at every level, as a player, pro coach, club coach, HS, d2, and now this. It's the only LI team that can win a division 1 title! I have zero ties to any of this, except being a lax fan and I am rooting for that team to win it all.

Great coach that always lives on the edge with the in game rules. If he was at Florida he would have 2 National Titles. Amazing that he is doing it with a team that is 95% from LI. The 3 years before he got there they won 3 or 4 games per year and in his 1st year with some D2 transfer players he jumped to 14 wins. All this at a lousy college campus but good lacrosse facilities

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great coach that always lives on the edge with the in game rules. If he was at Florida he would have 2 National Titles. Amazing that he is doing it with a team that is 95% from LI. The 3 years before he got there they won 3 or 4 games per year and in his 1st year with some D2 transfer players he jumped to 14 wins. All this at a lousy college campus but good lacrosse facilities

You are amazed that he's doing it with 95% li girls? where are you from? i'm not from li, but name one other area besides baltimore that is even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ahhh. The guy that was talking big stuff about Stanford lax, only to realize they stink. Funny. And this guys brilliant Stanford daughter is taking Science, Technology and the World. You know, the major that the football guys also take. Such a funny thing that this guy thinks the Stanford lax players have anything close to the actual qualifications to get into the school. Very funny. Which one of the ball droppers was ur kid? What a combination: not so smart, a bad lacrosse player, and an inflated ego. Funny, but also sad."

I do not have a kid that is at, or has gone to Stanford but if you are going after the academics of the athletes at that school or the academics in general you are just being ignorant. My daughter visited many schools, Stanford being one of them, and it was the only school that made it very clear you are a student first and athlete second. While I think their lacrosse and USC lacrosse are consistently ranked a little higher than they deserve probably to try and grow the sport and make it seem as if its just not an east coast game you cannot be serious going after their academics. Stanford consistently is one of the if not the most difficult school to get into with an acceptance rate of around 5%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are using lacrosse for anything other than to gain admission to a top ten, you’re a fool. Nobody cares about lacrosse except the parents. My daughter catches and throws, and scores just fine. Having the choice between Maryland and a top 10, only an stunad would choose Maryland. You have to look at the long term benefit. If you gain admission to a top 10, you’ve already won the National Championship. Now if you’re second tier academically, and are a great lax player, then a Maryland or Stonybrook would be the way to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are amazed that he's doing it with 95% li girls? where are you from? i'm not from li, but name one other area besides baltimore that is even close.

But everyone on LI wants to go away to school and very few from other parts of the country want to come. Who has it easier UNC, Maryland, Penn State, Florida etc.... They get kids wanting to play there from all 50 states

LI kids would rather go to CT to play average lacrosse at Fairfield, Sacred Heart or Quinnipiac then stay home

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are using lacrosse for anything other than to gain admission to a top ten, you’re a fool. Nobody cares about lacrosse except the parents. My daughter catches and throws, and scores just fine. Having the choice between Maryland and a top 10, only an stunad would choose Maryland. You have to look at the long term benefit. If you gain admission to a top 10, you’ve already won the National Championship. Now if you’re second tier academically, and are a great lax player, then a Maryland or Stonybrook would be the way to go.

My kid cant get in to Stanford and i'm jealous. I can't believe there are clowns on here brave enough to actually put lacrosse over academics without linking the two. You can think it dad but don't say it out loud. It's embarrassing to the entire sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But everyone on LI wants to go away to school and very few from other parts of the country want to come. Who has it easier UNC, Maryland, Penn State, Florida etc.... They get kids wanting to play there from all 50 states

LI kids would rather go to CT to play average lacrosse at Fairfield, Sacred Heart or Quinnipiac then stay home

Not the good ones...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid cant get in to Stanford and i'm jealous. I can't believe there are clowns on here brave enough to actually put lacrosse over academics without linking the two. You can think it dad but don't say it out loud. It's embarrassing to the entire sport

My kid is going to U of Chicago to play lax...tops any stanford loser...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Ahhh. The guy that was talking big stuff about Stanford lax, only to realize they stink. Funny. And this guys brilliant Stanford daughter is taking Science, Technology and the World. You know, the major that the football guys also take. Such a funny thing that this guy thinks the Stanford lax players have anything close to the actual qualifications to get into the school. Very funny. Which one of the ball droppers was ur kid? What a combination: not so smart, a bad lacrosse player, and an inflated ego. Funny, but also sad."

I do not have a kid that is at, or has gone to Stanford but if you are going after the academics of the athletes at that school or the academics in general you are just being ignorant. My daughter visited many schools, Stanford being one of them, and it was the only school that made it very clear you are a student first and athlete second. While I think their lacrosse and USC lacrosse are consistently ranked a little higher than they deserve probably to try and grow the sport and make it seem as if its just not an east coast game you cannot be serious going after their academics. Stanford consistently is one of the if not the most difficult school to get into with an acceptance rate of around 5%.

Keep changing the subject. Just admit you were wrong about Stanford lacrosse. You have said multiple times that their LACROSSE team was an outside contender for the final four, that they were going to give SB a run for their money etc. You were wrong. They are not a very good D1 lacrosse team. It's ok, you can admit you were wrong.

They are a good academic school. Although the undergraduate education is a bit overrated unless you are there for a few specialized areas that most lacrosse players are not taking as majors. Same is true actually about most undergraduate programs. They are much harder to get into than they are once you are there. It's the graduate programs that are the real deal. And for that, Stanford has a much deserved excellent reputation.

Lax ... eh. Undergrad education, meh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are all a bunch of morons.To say someone is an stunad because they picked MD over a top 10 school is short sighted at best and ignorant at worst. There are many things that go into picking a school and just because US News has a school ranked top 10 does not make it the right choice. Say what you want but a premed 4.0 Zoe Stuckenberg with multiple national championships is going to be just fine compared to your struggling communications daughter at Yale. There are a lot of great schools out there and just because you went to a top 10 school is no guarantee of anything.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

My kid is going to U of Chicago to play lax...tops any stanford loser...

Ha ha. Funny comment. Love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep changing the subject. Just admit you were wrong about Stanford lacrosse. You have said multiple times that their LACROSSE team was an outside contender for the final four, that they were going to give SB a run for their money etc. You were wrong. They are not a very good D1 lacrosse team. It's ok, you can admit you were wrong.

They are a good academic school. Although the undergraduate education is a bit overrated unless you are there for a few specialized areas that most lacrosse players are not taking as majors. Same is true actually about most undergraduate programs. They are much harder to get into than they are once you are there. It's the graduate programs that are the real deal. And for that, Stanford has a much deserved excellent reputation.

Lax ... eh. Undergrad education, meh.

First its a different poster, I think Stanford lax has been overrated as I stated. They are a 25-40 program much like Stony Brook was not too long ago. As far as their undergraduate programs you are underestimating just how good the education is .

Page 3 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard