BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,638
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 45 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who’s going to the Friars? Looks like everyone is becoming a Flyer

Everyone from a particular club maybe, but there some Suffolk clubs with kids who can cradle, catch and throw.

Which particular club would that be?

How many kids from Express play on the Flyers or St A's?

I heard the kids from Manhasset and Texas are not going. A few from both 91 and igloo are also going.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard 91 is training,training, and more training and will crush everybody this spring!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone from a particular club maybe, but there some Suffolk clubs with kids who can cradle, catch and throw.

There's a good mix

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a good mix

It's same most years.

There's a good mix

It changes as well. A lot kids take the test then understandably choose to stay in district as the deadline to register comes very quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the other day the the Outlaws have been sold and major changes are coming!, New name, new coaches, new everything!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the deal with the Elite 100 in Mass? Money grab like the rest? Send out invites to everybody and see who comes? Or do they really cap it at 100 invited kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this your first rodeo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
showtime,UA,blackcard and Jake reed only good recruiting camps/showcases for 2022s..IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about the Outlaws? They haven't been good in a LONG LONG time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another brain surgeon who doesn't comprehend the use of the quote button...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another brain surgeon who doesn't comprehend the use of the quote button...

Really are we still taking about the Outlaws? A mediocre team that claims to be an AA team. That's the joke of it all. They will re-brand and still stink !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the price of $100 for four hours, the Danbury one was very good. Total involvement by coaches, lots of solid and varying drills. As far as recruitment, was a great start for my son. Not a full field of colleges represented but was enough to get things going.

We would do it again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, we will finally admit it. Outlaws is is a B level team (high B level) but the Outlaw Mom's compete at the A level. Love that nearly half the mom's on my son's team got the outlaw tattoo on the smalls of their back and are proud to show it off. Looking forward to the next away tournament and taking over the Holiday Inn Express pool. Show your Outlaw pride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winner!!! Winner!!! Chicken Dinner!!! You just won the biggest [ChillLaxin] on BOTC award

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 by far the best team in this grade. Then igloo with express close behind them. Then Outlaws legacy and 2nd igloo team all can compete. After that it's all B teams. Big difference between top 3 and next 3. And an even bigger difference between 2nd 3 and the rest. Top 6 teams are very good teams. stop bashing them. And like I said 91 will be the dominate team. New year new team. Best team in grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, wait one minute 91! Express isn't gonna let you get away with this! We're gonna run a 80 man rooster and fly some 6' 5 kids from Texas,haha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, wait one minute 91! Express isn't gonna let you get away with this! We're gonna run a 80 man rooster and fly some 6' 5 kids from Texas,haha!

wow LUNACY is taking over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 by far the best team in this grade. Then igloo with express close behind them. Then Outlaws legacy and 2nd igloo team all can compete. After that it's all B teams. Big difference between top 3 and next 3. And an even bigger difference between 2nd 3 and the rest. Top 6 teams are very good teams. stop bashing them. And like I said 91 will be the dominate team. New year new team. Best team in grade.

Lol, you probably posted the same thing when super team was formed and when they were smash in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. Thanks for the comic relief..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
showtime,UA,blackcard and Jake reed only good recruiting camps/showcases for 2022s..IMHO

What’s the chance a 22 makes the UA team competeing with the 21s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We also have a kid coming in from Indiana--not just Texas my friend. We will have the best team and ANY stud from any team is welcome to jump ship to the best program, just have to be able to bring it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all complain about the Dukes but you are the same. Express and 91 have numerous out of state players. All star teams. Hand picked. No tryouts necessary. Neither should have the name Long Island associated with them. Shameful. Igloo stil top Long Island team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there we have it - the "there are only 5 A teams on LI and the rest are B" comment. It's funny, because this theme is starting to pervade all of the pre-HS age boards on the BOTC. Yet, if you think about it - really think about it - this cannot be the case on LI. Yeah, I get it if it were somewhere else where lacrosse is newer to the area. But the idea that every pre-HS grade on LI is generally weak after 2 - 3 teams is beyond dumb (and I say that in the most generous way)! On the other side of the equation, the possibility that there are some really, really good teams at many of the age groups on LI is great. BUT, that does not make those teams that cannot compete with those great teams B. Those two assessments are NOT the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny. Its the best team by far and its a new team in the same post!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? The new team can't be the best team? You'll see and it won't be close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This team has been struggling for the last few seasons! Everybody knows they brought in a ringer so stop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is no better. They left half their team behind and brought older kids to the World Series. All top teams do whatever it takes to win. If you believe otherwise you are a fool.

You all complain about the Dukes but you are the same. Express and 91 have numerous out of state players. All star teams. Hand picked. No tryouts necessary. Neither should have the name Long Island associated with them. Shameful. Igloo stil top Long Island team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there we have it - the "there are only 5 A teams on LI and the rest are B" comment. It's funny, because this theme is starting to pervade all of the pre-HS age boards on the BOTC. Yet, if you think about it - really think about it - this cannot be the case on LI. Yeah, I get it if it were somewhere else where lacrosse is newer to the area. But the idea that every pre-HS grade on LI is generally weak after 2 - 3 teams is beyond dumb (and I say that in the most generous way)! On the other side of the equation, the possibility that there are some really, really good teams at many of the age groups on LI is great. BUT, that does not make those teams that cannot compete with those great teams B. Those two assessments are NOT the same.
let’s look at it this way. If your not a D1 lacrosse team than you are a D 2 . If you are not a D2 team than you are a D3. Team. Simple .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not really sure how an on age local player is considered a ringer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah yes they did. But all were eligible for the tournament. And all were from Long Island. Those other 2 teams are NATIONAL squads just like the dukes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

let’s look at it this way. If your not a D1 lacrosse team than you are a D 2 . If you are not a D2 team than you are a D3. Team. Simple .

Yeah so simple. 91 at this grade has zero achievements since 5th grade. Thanks to the decisions made to break something that wasn't broken. For the kids, I hope they are successful this season. Because these rankings, satements, wins, etc... mean nothing except to the few parents who need to say their kid is on the best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That analogy is bad all around: 1. There are plenty of D III teams that are better than a lot of D II teams; the top D II teams similarly may be better than many weaker D I teams. 2. Divisional play is dictated by external factors (NCAA rules regarding school athletic programs in general) as well school internals factors (IE, financial considerations - scholarships). Within D I, II, and III, there are good teams and bad teams, but yet the bad teams are still in their respective division. 4. Club lacrosse has no formal divisions AT ALL - it is completely self-designated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You all complain about the Dukes but you are the same. Express and 91 have numerous out of state players. All star teams. Hand picked. No tryouts necessary. Neither should have the name Long Island associated with them. Shameful. Igloo stil top Long Island team.

Based on reputation no players or parents from other states want to be a part of igloo but keep hyping your elite showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That analogy is bad all around: 1. There are plenty of D III teams that are better than a lot of D II teams; the top D II teams similarly may be better than many weaker D I teams. 2. Divisional play is dictated by external factors (NCAA rules regarding school athletic programs in general) as well school internals factors (IE, financial considerations - scholarships). Within D I, II, and III, there are good teams and bad teams, but yet the bad teams are still in their respective division. 4. Club lacrosse has no formal divisions AT ALL - it is completely self-designated.

Club lacrosse self designates. A coach puts their team in an A , B bracket over a period of time an winning and losing by goal differential will determine where you should be. Than you try and build from there. I wish there was some form of a league play like soccer. I believe that would really start to bring lacrosse to the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And do really think in your pea brains that the college coaches care what team your kid played for in 8th grade? The finished product is what matters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club lacrosse self designates. A coach puts their team in an A , B bracket over a period of time an winning and losing by goal differential will determine where you should be. Than you try and build from there. I wish there was some form of a league play like soccer. I believe that would really start to bring lacrosse to the next level.

When you take into account the varying ages across locales that come into play in a grade-based structure, that is the first problem in establishing formal, tiered play. Add in no governance to the exiting system, and now it's just a futile effort. There is absolutely no way there can ever be any progress that you alluding to until the foundation problems of the sport are corrected first. So far, USL has been largely ineffective, and that's being kind to them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse has modified their age guidelines and entered into a partnership with NXT (https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/us-lacrosse-nxt-partnership-bigger-than-one-event). It is not fair to be critical of them, they are trying. TWO years ago they changed it up. (https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/us-lacrosse-adopts-new-player-segmentation-policy). Don't blame them. On Long Island it's the clubs and PAL that have the power to change this. PAL, won't do it for some reason. You would think a primary tenet of PAL would be a level playing field and player safety. Does anybody know if the board even has a position on this? A former PAL board member tried to go age and was ousted. PAL is becoming more and more irrelevant anyway, as towns just are just building and shifting to club town programs. And clubs... Why disrupt the business your model, that I understand at least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know iam late on commenting on this thread, just rejoined maybe out of curiosity , since my son is playing college lacrosse I kind of miss his youth years. I just have to say my son didn't play for the best school program,we didn't get involved in the whole travel team thing. We played PAL Lacrosse under our districts name because he wanted to play with the kids he would be going to school with. His HS school coach had his team in recruiting tournaments and none recruiting. His team always held their own. When my son was of recruiting age/grade he would find out what coaches would be attending the tournaments and he would reach out to them with an email stating his interest in the school, his stats and send films. He also participated in the Long Island Rising. He did finally make the team as a rising senior where Suffolk plays nassau. My son who attended William Floyd Hs was recruited by D2 NYIT and did receive an athletic scholarship as well as academic. Plenty of kids get recruited and receive schloarships. LONG ISLAND IS A HOT BED FOR LACROSSE, COACHES START ON THE ISLAND,GO AROUND TO OTHER AREAS AND FINISH ON THE ISLAND. And NYIT wasn't the only school to show interest and make offers. It is possible to get recruited and play college ball and get an education, plenty of kids do it. Do you think you can go up to Petramala , Rotanz,Dunn or any D123 coach and say Hey can i join the team . All those kids are recruited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ @ NXT best dressed coach of the tournament. Million worst behaved; again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Worst. Behaved and Lost again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the Millon stuff was an exaggeration, but he is out of control. You would think it was the Super Bowl the way he carries on.

Page 29 of 45 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard